Weakness

Lost Identity

Pete moaned in pain, tried to speak again but failed to do so since blood filled his mouth and dripped out. He collected his last strength and focused on speaking but he only managed to move his mouth for a few seconds. I read his lips to decipher his words.

  “…Earn, please don’t come out… The sun’ll burn you, she’ll kill you”, were his words.

He tried to save me even in his own condition. I was mad at myself and felt helpless for not being able to save him.

  “Thuthump…”

What was that? Did my heart just beat as if I was a living being?

  “Thuthump”,  again the pounding sound in my chest.

Suddenly memories from the past flashed before my eyes: My childhood, my parents, my first encounter with Pete, my friends, my school days, my love confession to Pete, our relationship. Now I remembered everything, the big memories loss was finally refilled with the memories I just recalled. The only event I can’t remember was the day I died.

The memories of my past showed me how much Pete meant to me, how much I cared for him and why I never wanted to lose him. Even now as a vampire, I can't forget the love I felt for him as I was human. I really love him.

My feet reacted on its own and brought me a step closer to him. Clara who saw that step, smirked at her little victory then yanked Pete backward. He fell down the cliff, many waves formed in the sea and waited for him to splash in the water. I went in lightning speed forward, flew beside Clara who surprisely let me passing. Pete saw me above coming closer to him, he managed to stretch his arm to me. I reached my arm to him, tried to catch him before he hit his back on the sea. Pete became weaker. He was about to withdraw his arm from weakness, I finally got hold of his hand, pulled him to me, carried him in my arms and pressed him closer on my body.

We splashed in the water. The sun above me shone through my cloth, burning my back. I became weak too, Pete fell out of my embrace. He lost his last strength and closed his eyes while he kept falling deeper in the dark bottom of the sea. I searched for him. There he was, uncounscious, the distance between us grew greater. I swam to him, caught him and carried him again in my arms where he was safe from every danger in the world. I jumped up, coming closer to the top of the cliff where I spotted Clara waiting there for me.

Since it wasn’t fullmoon yet, she couldn’t turn into a full werewolf. She transformed in her half-werewolf-half-human form and prepared for the first strike. 

Do you think I’ll let you come near me while I’m carrying Pete in my arms? I won’t let you harm him again!     

I came closer to her, she wanted to ram her claws in my face. I turned around to avoid her, her claws pierced through my hood and ripped it from my longsleeve but I succeeded to flew past her and ran deeper in the forest.

The distance between the werewolf and I became greater. I landed on the ground, watching the weak Pete who panted heavily, it looked like he had trouble breathing. I carefully laid him down on the ground with his back leaning against the tree and pressed on the wound in his kidney to stop the bleeding. He shook heavily, the sea was too cold for him. His temperature was dropping rapidly. Finally he opened his eyes.

  „Earn…“, he faintly called my name. The pain worsened so that he couldn’t speak any further. He made a pained face, cought blood many times.    

  „Wait here for me. I’ll be back in a moment“, I said to him.

I wanted to return to Clara but he grabbed at my Jeans.

  „Don’t go… Don’t leave me…“

Clara’ll arrive here soon. I need to go to her so I can bring her far away from Pete. There I can take care of her before Pete’s condition detoriated. I turned back to him, squatted down and caressed with my thumb on his cheek. This lovely warm touch raised his temperature a bit. I gave him a little smile to take some of his pain away.

  „I’m sorry for letting her hurt you… If I had step out sooner, she wouldn’t harm you like that.“ 

He wanted to speak but I laid a finger on his mouth to prevent him to strain himself.

  „Spare your strength.“

My finger slided along on his lower lip, went up to his upper lip and caressed it too. I placed my lips on his, slightly opened my mouth then kissed him, passionately, softly and lovely like I never did before. The kiss was brief but enough to calm him down, his body finally stopped shaking. I grabbed his other hand and pressed it on his wound.

  „I promise, I’ll be back“, was my last words for him.

He gave me a little smile, leaned his head on the tree then closed his eyes to rest while I went away to deal with Clara. He’s now sleeping. I caressed on his hair, placed a soft kiss on his forehead then turned at the direction where Clara was waiting for me. My calm expression changed into a serious one. The anger and the hatred I was feeling toward her reflected in my eyes, burning like fire that can never be put out.

Clara, you definetely crossed the line. I won’t let you alive after you hurted my precious boyfriend like that.   

Wait! She’s returning to the cliff. That girl wanted to fight me under the sun, really smart of her to return to the spot where she can lure me out of the darkness, bring me in the bright sun, weaken and defeat me.

I went in a lightning speed to her, leaving some meters distance between us. To my own surprise, she wasn’t at the cliff, I couldn’t sense her in the proximity either. Where did she hide? Wait, now I know where she was. Above me!

I looked up, she came jumping toward me. It didn’t take long till my face turned hot from the sun. I ignored the pain, leaped backward to avoid her deadly attack. As she landed on the spot I was a second ago, she ran again to me and tried to stab her claws in my chest. I quickly turned aside, she reacted fast too, swing her other claws in my direction, it pierced through my arm. I grabbed on her wrist, yanked her claws out my arm, turned her around in the air then tossed her in a direction. She came flying toward the end of the cliff but somehow managed to press her knees on the ground to avoid falling in the sea. Her eyes filled with anger and hatred were fixed on me.

  „I’ll kill you today“, she growled.

The sun was really annoying. I had strong headache. My back, my whole body ached, it felt like I was bathing in a bubbling lava and my skin dissolved from my body. I became weaker, fell on one knee, panted but never took my eyes from her.

Clara laughed, her laugh sounded pathetic in my ears. It let her look like a weak demon who tried to act strong but failed to do so. She got up on her feet.

  „You’re the first vampire I met who willingly came out in the sun to fight me“, she said while trying her best to look evil.

I just stood there, watching how she acted ridiculous. This girl wasn’t a match for me but I have difficulties dealing with here because of my weakness, the sun. !

  „This human boy Pete… He’s the best method I used to exert pressure on someone. I’m curious about one thing. How could a simple human twist two strong creatures around his finger?“

Like she expected, I didn’t reply to her question. Seriously this werewolf needed to shut up.

  „He made such a fool out of Jet and you. If I had known sooner that Jet neglected us, his wolfpack because of this mere human, I would’ve kill him long time ago“. Her lips curved up to a little smile, „What charm did he use against you two?“

  „He’s using a charm you won’t ever have“, this were the answer I wanted to give her but it didn’t matter if I replied to her or not since she won’t live anyway. I don’t want to waste my precious time with her anymore.

  „After I ended you, it’ll be his turn“, she said with such a confidence in her voice that I nearly laughed at her.

My lips curved up slightly, a little smirk formed on my face. My little grin that showed that I was mocking her, seemed to let her seethe in rage. She ran to me, wanted to pierce her claws on my chest. I bent backward, her claws didn’t reach me but since I exposed my face to the sunlight, it burnt the right side of my face, my skin turned red. I immediately swing aside and kicked on her ribs. The brute force I used in that kick tossed her aside but she jumped again to me. I waited. Now she was above me. Perfect! It’s were I wanted to have her, I smirked devishly.

 

 

 


Thanks for the wonderful comments and subscriptions :) Sorry that I didn't update sooner but I can just say to bear it with me for awhile until I have time to update the other chapters. But I can guarantee it'll be worth waiting since this story has a suprise Ending that no one'll expect :)