Rescue

Lost Identity

I waited in front of the ruin, someone approached me from the front. When he came closer to me, I finally moved by crossing my arms over my chest. The person came out of the darkness, the slightly light of the twilight shone at him, revealing his face. It was a handsome, more like a beautiful guy with pale skin and dark lenses. Kris! A vampire just like me!

He smiled, took the last steps to me to close the gape between us. As he waited before me, I examined him from his head to his toes. His face… He exactely has the same beautiful face as Pete, same height and same pouty lips too. Seriously he resembles Pete so much that anybody could mistake him for Pete’s twin.

When I noticed Kris paler skin, dark lenses and his cold eyes fixed on me, I finally realized he wasn’t my boyfriend. I averted my gaze from him to avoid his beautful face that reminded me of Pete. I didn’t want to think about the dangerous situation he could be at the very moment. Instead of lurking here around like nothing happened, I should quickly come to the point and end this meeting so I can search for Pete.

Pete… I hope you’re safe.

  „Long time no see!“, his first words to me brought my gaze back to him. He laid his arms around my nape.  

I brushed his arms away from me, „Don’t touch me!“

My warning didn’t scare him at all, he didn’t even blink at once from fear but just smiled as if I declared my love for him instead of threatened him.

  „Cute“, he said. Now he looked serious, „Now that you found the original Pete, you don’t need me, the fake Pete anymore. I was just his replacement, right?“

  „Shut up!“. I reached my hand to him, „Did you bring it?“

  „Yeah“, he brought something from his back out of his waistband and held it before me. It was a black gun. „Are you sure you want to do it?“

  „I don’t need your opinion“, I yanked the gun out of his grip, checked if it was loaded. It was indeed loaded with six silver bullets. Exactely the thing I needed! The only method that can kill a werewolf, a silver sharp object.

Clara! It would be good for you not to harm Pete.  If you even touch a hair of him, I won’t forgive you. I swear, I’ll retun the blow for blow.  

Kris crossed his arms over his chest, „Do you love him so much? That Pete?“, he asked me when I was about to return in the ruin.

This question forced me to wait on the spot. Pete’s face appeared in my mind, I remembered how he usually smiled brightly at me. His genuine smile brought a little smile on my face, my chest felt strange, somehow heavy as if my heart was really beating again. I placed a hand on my chest to calm down my dead heart. Yeah, I love Pete so much, I would even do anything to bring him back unharmed to my side. He belongs to me and not to anyone else. But nobody needs to know about my feelings for him, not even Kris, the only vampire I trust.     

 

 


 

 

A strong metallic, ironlike smell stings in my nose. Blood! Somebody was bleeding from far away but I could sense it till here. That scent! I can never forget this smell. It’s Petes’ blood! He’s injured, now I can smell where he was thanks to his injury. I went in a lightning speed to the entrance of the ruin but before I could exit the ruin, a hand suddenly grabbed at my wrist, forced me to stand still. Kris! My dead serious eyes were fixed on him.

  „What do you want?“, I asked with gritting teeth.

  „You can’t go out at the broad daylight. The sun’ll…“

I yanked myself free out of his grip. „It doesn’t concern you! Pete needs me.“

  „You know it’s a trap. She’s using him to lure you out“, his eyes wandered over my face, searching for something. He shook his head, surely he didn’t find the thing he was looking for. „You weren’t like that before. What happened to the cold Earn I used to know?“

  „I know it’s a trap but I can’t ignore the fact that Pete’s hurt.“

  „Since you remembered everything about him, you changed so much. You’re having human feelings but Earn… You’re not a human.“

  „You can’t understand it.“

As I wanted to take the last steps outside, cold arms suddenly wrapped around my waist, a head leaned on my back.

  „Don’t act reckless“, Kris voice lowered for the first time in those many months I met him. He lifted up his head to look at me, waited for me to turn back and face him but I remained silent. „Don’t go“, now it sounded like a plead.

  „When you found someone important to you, you’ll understand why I’m doing this“, I tried to explain him my reason for saving Pete.

  „Try to understand me... I'm doing this because I... I don’t want to lose you.“

A little smile formed on my lips, „Don’t underestimate me, Kris. I’m not going to die“, was my last words to him.

It lasted a while before he calmed down. His arms wrapped around my back became loose, I went forward and finally exited the ruin. The bright sun above me burned my forehead. It hurted! I quickly covered my head with the hoodie to avoid being grilled like a piece of meat. Yeah, a vampire’s weak to the sun. It won’t kill me but weaken me to the state of bringing me in a coma for many days.

  „Earn!“, Kris screamed to stop me.

His voice couldn’t reach me nor stop me from saving Pete. I ran fast forward then jumped on a thick branch of a big tree. I leaped from tree to tree while following the smell of Pete’s blood.

Finally I arrived at the place my boyfriend was. It was a cliff, I waited at the end of the forest, unable to leave the forest that blocked the light and protected me from the sun. Pete was in front of me, kneeling down on the ground at the end of the cliff. He was bleeding from a cut on his lip. Fortunately he wasn’t badly hurt. My mind eased a little bit to see him unharmed but the heavy feelings on my chest remained. Only when I save him from her captivity, can I calm down.

Clara stood right next to him. The two of them spotted me standing before them beside a tree. 

  „Earn“, Pete faintly called for me.

Clara threw him a look then swayed her eyes to me. She smiled like the evil itself, „I knew you would come. Is this guy so important to you?“, this question was directed at me.

Anger built inside me, it tried to take over my sanity but I managed to controll myself for the time being. I shouldn’t act recklessly because a false step could endanger him.

She laughed by herself, „Why won’t you come out of your hide-out so we could talk about our matter?“

Pete unobstrusively shook me his head, it was a gesture for me not to move from my spot. He actually knew the sun would weaken me if I came out to them. Even in this situation he was worried about me instead of himself. Clara who saw the little act between us, growled angry at him.

  „Do that again and I’ll kill you right away!“, she threatened him. She suddenly smiled. What’s with the overly kindness she was showing toward him? I’m sure a dangerous thought crossed in her mind. What’s she planing to do?

  „He’ll definetely listen to you. Why won’t you call him over?“, she adressed to Pete. She wanted her words to sound like a plead but it wasn’t anything like that. It was more like an order he shouldn’t refuse for his own sake.

Pete glanced at the corner of his eyes to her but refused to response to her order. His eyes reflected the hatred and anger he was feeling toward her. „Do you think I’m stupid? I should call him over so you can hurt him? Only over my dead body!“

Pete’s strong and tough too, I realized that since the first time we met at kindergarten. He’s someone who seldom listen to somebody else and act out of instinct. But at such dangerous situation he shouldn’t go against her because she could kill him without flinching.

The werewolf grabbed firmly on Petes collar, pulled him up to stand on his feet. She gritted her teeth, „Call him!“

He ignored her, instead watched to me, „Don’t think of coming to me!“

She angrily growled at me, „You won’t come out? Fine, then I’ll make you come willingly to us.“

Her fingernails extended to claws, she slowly inserted her claws in Petes hips. A  loud scream echoed in the entire forest, it was Petes painful cry! Blood dripped, the sound of ripped flesh and her claws piercing through his kidney echoed in my ears. The claws reached the aorta in his body, bore a hole into it. More blood poured down! Pete’s cry in agony, I could no longer hear it, it hurted too much to see him in pain.  

All the sudden she mercilessly pulled her claws out of his kidney, ripped the flesh from his body. Pete screamed by that, panted heavily, pressed a hand on the wound to staunch the bleeding. His eyes were at first fixed on the wound, he slowly lifted up his head and swayed his eyes to me, trembling all over his body. He opened his mouth to say something but he couldn’t speak a single word since his mouth was filled with his own blood that was about to chocke him. He wheezed in agony.

I could feel his pain, I was about to lose my coolness. My fangs came out, my eyes colour changed to red.

 

 

 

My comment: Enjoy the chapter, Comments (Positives or Negatives) are always welcomed :)