Thirst!

Lost Identity

Four days later

The sun was going down, spreading a beautiful rose-coloured twilight over in the skyline. Pete was lurking around in the meadow I brought him some days ago. The blowing wind was too cold for him, he even had to blow warm breath on his freezing hands. Although he was freezing, he refused to return home where he could warm himself under the heater. I was the reason he didn’t want to go home, he was actually searching for me. I was some meters behind him but he didn’t notice me yet.

There’s a reason why I can’t go near him even if I wanted to. It was the same reason I didn’t visit him in the last four days. I have to take care of two persistent problems before I could get close to him again.

Clara wasn’t nowhere to be found, I couldn’t smell her blood in the proximity either. Thanks to her absence, I could approach Pete like that. She must be busy with Jet since he’s trying to bring her to reason. He’s actually afraid she would pull Pete in our fight because she was tailling me like crazy since four days now and could notice how much I care for Pete. To protect him from her, I have to maintain a certain distance from him.

Pete s.t.r.o.k.e.d on his arms to bring a little heat onto his body. He looked mesmerized at the meadow as if he was counting the single grass that grew on the earth. S.h.i.t! Not this unbearable headache again! Terrible pain was tormenting me since I was recovering my lost memories. Four days already passed but I can’t get rid of this agony. The more I recallected, the merrier torture I suffered.

My face looked paler than usual, my lips were red. I was weak from hunger too, I felt how my veins dried, I was craving for human blood. The least meal I had was one week ago when I s.u.c.k.e.d the blood of Tong Chanthara. My head threatened to explode from strong headache, I held my forehead, desperately trying to ease the pain but nothing helped me. I just ignored everything, watched to Pete, yearning for him.

The pain was too p.e.n.e.t.r.a.t.i.n.g, my view blurred from weakness, my eyes colour changed to red, I screamed like a beast. Pete who heard the bestial scream, recognized my voice hiding inside the scream. He was desperately searching around for me, he finally found me in one corner.

  „Earn?“. A relieved smile appeared on his face. „Earn, please wait“, he shouted when I turned my back on him and wanted to take the first step.

I waited for him. As I heard him getting closer to me, I moved in a lightning-speed and disappeared in the nearest forest. My sharp eyes showed me everything he was doing at the moment. He followed me in the slightly darkness of the forest. All the sudden he froze on the spot, panting heavily from all the running. He lost track in direction, didn't even know which path he should take. I returned to him but hide behind a tree few meters from him and observed the situation first. I leaned my back against the tree, crossed my arms over my chest.

Pete looked around himself, he was searching for the right path he had to take. „Where’re you, Earn?“, he whispered as if he was afraid the sleeping animals could wake up from his loud voice. He scratched on his head, bent forward to catch his breath. He lowered his voice even more, „Please, don’t run away from me. I need you.“

His pleaded sounded cute in my ears. I had the urge to go to him but my current condition made it impossible for me to be by his side.

The pain worsened, my hunger for blood grew bigger. My fangs extended, I m.o.a.n.e.d in pain then slightly bent forward. Pete noticed my silhouette in the proximity, he dashed to me.

  „Earn?“, he came closer to me.

He approached me with his arm, wanted to touch me but I stretched my arm to him to block his touch.

  „Don’t touch me!“  

I lifted up my head, revealing him my red eyes, fangs and paler skin. He jerked away from surprise, my current appearance apparantly shocked him. He tried to touch me again but retired his arm, he was too scared of me. I  took a direction, he followed me.

  „Ouch“, suddenly he m.o.a.n.e.d in pain.

A metalic smell arose in my nose. Blood! A sweet essence! I quickly turned back to him only by finding him squatting down and holding on his right leg. A cut was on his right leg, it bleeded. A sharp branch must have cut him when he passed by. My eyes were fixed on the blood that was dripping from the wound. The blood touching on the ground hitted loud in my sensitive ears.

I went as quick as lightning to him, squatted down in front of him without taking my eyes from his wound.

  „Earn?“, his soft voice faintly called me.

I touched the wound, my hand was bloodied. I l.i.c.k.e.d the blood on my finger and gulped it down. It reached down my oesophagus, streaming through my calcified vein, mixing with my own blood. Delicious! It satisfied me, the pain eased a little bit. I knew his blood would be so tasty that’s why I wanted to quench my thirst through him at first. The smell and the taste of his blood obfuscated my senses, it made me crave for more.

  „More, I want more!“, was the only thought that crossed in my mind.

My red eyes were reflecting the big l.u.s.t I was feeling inside. Pete recognized how hungry I was, he was trembling in fear, fell on his b.u.t.t and crawled backward. Now the hunger took control over me, my vision blurred from ravenous appetite, I couldn’t no longer recognize the person in front of me. I dashed to him, bent his head slightly aside and pressed my fangs in his neck. His skin was ripped by my fangs, they pierced into his aorta, blood flew. He stood riveted there, opened his mouth to speak but the words won’t come out. I s.u.c.k.e.d his blood.

  „E… Earn“, he managed to speak a word.

Suddenly I froze on the spot, unable to satisfy my thirst any further. Something blocked me from drinking this delicious blood. It was my prey’s scared face, his shaking body, his cries that echoed in my ears. This voice! It sounded too familiar. I opened my eyes, immediately brought my fangs out his neck. My vision returned clear, I could finally realize who the young man before me was.

Pete?

Only now did I realize what I did to him. He was wheezing in agony. I couldn’t believe that I nearly killed him by s.u.c.k.i.n.g all of his blood. Seing him m.o.a.n in pain like that, made me angry at myself. How can I ever make it up to him?

  „I’m sorry“, I apologized to him.

I wanted to take a step back, he grabbed on my collar.

  „Drink it… My blood“, the words faintly came out his mouth.

His remark made me speechless. I couldn’t find the proper words that could describe how I was feeling inside. That t.o.r.t.u.r.e, that disappointment, that anger that rose in me as I hurted him, I can’t hurt him a second time.   

  „You need it or you’ll die, right?“

  „Not yours. I’ll drink somebody’s elses blood.“

  „I don’t want you to hurt anyone else... I don’t want to lose you again.“

  „Pete, I’m too hungry. I could kill you by s.u.c.k.i.n.g too much.“

  „You won’t kill me. I trust you Earn“, was his last words to me. 

He s.t.r.o.k.e.d on my hairs then brought my fangs closer to his neck. I retired from him, held him on the back of his head and let him rest his head on my shoulder.

  „I’m sorry for doing this“, I whirspered in his ear.

With heaving feelings loaded on my chest, I bit on his wrist, s.u.c.k.i.n.g his blood from there. That would be less painful for him. Again he m.o.a.n.e.d in pain, bit on his lower lip to not let more sound escape. He bit too deep in his skin, his teeth injured his lower lip.

His fingernails pierced through my shoulder, it pulled me back to my senses. I realized that I already drank more than 1,5 l of his blood. It’s enough otherwise he’ll die. I hold my fangs out him and let them shortened. Now I was regaining some strengh, my usual pale skin returned. He however was paler from the heavy blood lost, his eyes felt heavy, he closed them then fell from weakness in my arms.

I carried him in my arms, he laid his arms around me to hold on to me. He clenched on my Shirt over my chest. I went in a lightning speed in a direction, brought him in his apartment then carefully laid him down on his bed. He then fell uncounscious.

Pete was breathing slowly but regular. Good, he’ll be okay within a few hours after resting and eating something. I sat down beside him.

  „Sorry“, I mumbled to him. My lips curved up in to a little smile, I caressed on his forehead. „I won’t hurt you again, I promise Pete.“

I never thought you would let me drink your blood. Now I know how much I mean to you. Your love for  me is so big that you would accept so much pain just to save me. It was the first and last time I really satisfied my thirst through you, Pete.

 

 

 

 

Again thanks for so much support I received from you guys :) I hope you like this chapter... Sorry this chapter was a little bit bloody but since it's a dark phantasy about vampires and werewolves, you have to bear so much blood and little aggression. It would be more bloodier :P You have to prepare yourself for much action and injuries :D

And sorry that I used a manga picture but I didn't find a suitable picture of real persons who looked like Earn and Pete :P