Mistakes

Sweet Heaven

 

 

 

 

 

Spending these last few days with Joohyun really changed my perspective in some things. I took her out on as many dates as I could since my Japan tour was approaching. I wanted to leave her with good memories. I learned a lot of things about her and even though she was the complete opposite to what I was used to dating it made everything better for me. Different was better, it was new. I thought I knew love before but this time I was learning how to love in a new way. She probably thought I had already been through this many times, but one day I’ll tell her this was a whole new experience for me. The emotions growing inside of me only she has been able to make them bloom.

“Are you going to miss me when I’m gone?” I asked teasingly.

“It’s going to be four days right? Then you’ll be coming back for a little bit before you leave again?”

“Yeah that’s the plan.” I replied while I played with a strand of her hair.

“Then I’ll be okay.” She told me while sticking her tongue out.

“Then maybe I shouldn’t come back so you can miss me.”

“That’s not fair.” She told me while pouting.

I chuckled and pinched her bottom lip.

“I’ll fly back even if it’s just for a day.” I told her before I kissed her deeply.

“Have a safe flight. Good luck on your concerts.” She told me while caressing my face. I kissed her one last time before she got off my car and ran across the street to her dorm.

 

Japan held happy and sad memories, but this time I didn’t think of any of them. My heart felt light and happy, my mind was clear and at peace. It wasn’t home but I felt comfortable here too it must be because I’ve spent a lot of time here on tour or just for vacation.

“It’s been awhile since you’ve been here.” Daesung told me smiling.

“Yeah, I’m alright though. I’m at a good place right now.” I told him while I patted his back.

“We’ve heard. I had to hear it from Seungri though. I thought I was your best friend?” Youngbae told me.

“You are. Seungri was just nosy and found out.”

“Why hyung? On the day that we arrive they have to release this.” Seungri whined at Seunghyun hyung.

“What is it?” I asked

“Oh, oh nothing hyung.” He said while hiding his phone behind his back. I looked at him curiously but didn’t push it.

I went to my room to shower and get ready to go out and eat with some friends I hadn’t seen in awhile. I texted Joohyun but she didn’t reply. I searched the internet while I waited for the rest of my members to finish getting ready.

Kiko’s dating rumors continue

We haven’t been seen together. It must be from an old picture. I told myself as I clicked on the article.
I don’t know why my heart dropped. Was it because she had moved on? Because she planned him a birthday party like she used to plan mine? My blood boiled and I could feel myself getting angry but I still didn’t know why, why would I get mad at her when I already had someone who made me feel amazing? Without thinking I grabbed my phone and called her.

“Hello?”

“You moved on already.”

“Is that the only reason you called?”

“How could you do this?”

“You said we were done. I need someone to heal my heart.” She said sadly.

“You’ll always be mine!” I replied possessively.

“Hyung, stop! Don’t do this hyung.” Seungri said while taking my phone away.

I stared at him in disbelief and he stared back angrily.

“Are you going to hurt Joohyun like this?” He yelled at me.

Joohyun. It hit me what I had just done, and I pulled my hair in anger. She could still affect me this way even if my heart didn’t yearn for her like it used to. Was I too quick to think that Joohyun had fixed it all in a matter of a couple months? Was I always going to be this weak towards her?

“Hyung answer me.”

“I think I made a mistake.” I said quietly.

“You shouldn’t have called her. I know the article took you by surprise. I told Seunghyun hyung you weren’t going to take it well even if you already had someone. You’re too possessive sometimes.”

“I think I lead Joohyun on. I think I confused things.” I told him as I paced the room.

“W-what? Are you serious right now?”

I left the room without replying.

 

I headed downstairs to the bar and drank alone until Seunghyun hyung sat beside me and ordered a drink. After a few minutes of silence he began to talk. 

“I don’t know much about your relationship with Joohyun. I do know about your relationship with Kiko though. It’s toxic and I think you know that better than anyone. For five years you’ve both hurt each other. At the beginning it was nice right? Then the fans caught on and made it impossible for her and you stopped seeing each other for awhile. After that everything changed. She abused your guilt and you felt too guilty to let go, and to see what she was doing. Everyone around you saw though, how she treated you like a puppet and how you ran after her. Is that who you are Jiyong? Why are you so infatuated with her? I can’t seem to understand.” He sighed.

“I don’t know why either.” I replied quietly.

“These past months I’ve seen you happy. Seungri told me how things happened and I was glad they happened. She better than anyone will understand the life you have to live for now and you will understand hers. Look into your heart and honestly tell me that chasing after that woman is what you want to do instead of being with someone who actually cares for you.”

I simply nodded at him and got up taking my cell phone out.

“Idiot.” He muttered and sighed.

 

“Let’s meet.” I texted her.

She knocked on my door half an hour after I sent the message. Once I opened the door to my hotel room she hugged me tightly and kissed my neck.

“I knew our love was too strong to fade.” She told me. I pulled away from her and sat down on the bed. I stared at her. I stared for what felt like a long time and she just stood still and waited for me to make my move. This is what always happened when we reconciled so she knew to wait until I finished gathering my thoughts.

Beep

“Did you get enough rest for tomorrow’s concert? Don’t forget to eat.” – Joohyun

I proceeded to mute my phone I didn’t want any interruptions.

I looked over at Kiko and she looked back expectantly, she inched closer and wrapped her arms around my neck. That’s when I felt it, that’s when I confirmed my feelings. I stood up from the bed and walked towards the window. I looked down at the city that was still alive this late at night.

“There’s a connection between us.” I told her. “The connection began when we first met. We were young and thought nothing serious was going to happen but after so many dates and months we fell in love. You gave yourself to me, and we dreamt together. We dreamt about a future with marriage and kids. You waited patiently until the fans started making things difficult.”

“I know. Those days were bright but you have to know that even though I walked away that time I didn’t think it was the end. I just needed time with myself to see if I could actually do this. Now I know I can.” She told me while getting closer.

“I always thought that after our break ups, it’s not the end she just needs time, and then it was my turn to wait. You had a lot of fun while I waited with my broken heart. When I saw the article earlier about you dating another man I lost it. I lost it because even though you had a lot of fun you never met with other men until this time. I was angry at the thought that another man was touching you, kissing you. I was the only man to have done those things to you for the past five years so I lost it.” I told her while caressing her cheek. She opened her lips waiting for me to kiss her but I wasn’t done.

“Touching you like this, being next to you, and looking into your eyes I came to realize that it was possessiveness. Only possessiveness, a feeling that I lost when I realized it was stupid of me. It was a moment of weakness because now I know that you don’t shake my heart anymore. Being this close to you I don’t feel anything but emptiness. We broke our promises, we hurt each other, but at least the beginning was good right? We can hang on to those memories and move on.”

“We can. Those memories are the only ones that matter now.” She whispered still not understanding.

“We’ve never said goodbye like this. We always broke up through text messages. My heart feels lighter, maybe we should’ve done this before but I’m glad we didn’t.”

“W-what do you mean say goodbye? What do you mean you’re glad it happened this way?” She asked with tears in her eyes.

“I mean that if we would’ve broken up like this before I wouldn’t have, well maybe I would’ve if it was fate.” I told her while walking towards the mini fridge to get some water. If it was fate, even if I had broken up with Kiko like this two or three years ago, I would’ve met Joohyun. Maybe it was fate that I met her now, I told myself and smiled.

“Fate? What fate are you talking about?” She asked barely calm. I avoided her question I didn’t want to let her know that my heart was beginning to beat for someone else.

“I think it’s time we say goodbye, to break the connection for good. I think we’ve been hurt enough and we deserve a chance at happiness, like you told me earlier you needed someone to heal your heart.”

“Is that why you called me here? To finalize our break up?” She asked exasperated.

“Yeah. I needed to confirm that I didn’t feel the same anymore.” I told her staring into her eyes. She stayed quiet, I assumed she waited for an apology but I didn’t feel like I owed her one. After what felt like a long time she grabbed her coat and left without looking back. I didn’t feel uneasy or like running after her which led me to further believe that Joohyun was the one I needed.

 

 

 

 


A/N:

Hello! 

Not much of Joohyun here but I'll make it up to you guys in the next chapter ^_~

In the next chapters the story won't follow their real lives anymore otherwise I think I could make the story go on for forever lol.

I hope you guys like the update! Please tell me what you think in the comments <3