Realization

Sweet Heaven

 

 

 

 

 

The Australian and Macao concerts were great. I really love being up there performing for the fans but I was glad to be back in Korea. I missed the food and my cats. I hadn’t talked to Joohyun since Australia and I ignored all the texts that came from Kiko. I needed my mind to be clear from her now that I wanted to escape her for real this time. The second person from my group to catch me staring at stuff that had to do with Red Velvet was Youngbae and unlike Seungri he questioned me about it immediately.

“Why do you have that look in your eyes?” He asked from behind me which startled me to the point that I almost dropped my tablet.

“What look?” I replied nonchalantly.

“That look you always get when you like someone.”

“I-I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Hmm, could be true, you’re still getting over your bad break-up after all.” He stated jokingly but to my heart it felt like someone was squeezing it tight.

“Yeah.” I said walking out of my studio.

I did fine until the people around me mentioned her, I turned off the notifications so I wouldn’t be alerted when she posted a new picture, now I just needed to get new friends who wouldn’t mention her.

I drove around Seoul looking for something to distract me. I headed to the café that was near my apartment when I ran out of options. As soon as I entered I could hear that soft voice that has been haunting me the past few weeks. I ordered my coffee and headed back out without looking around. Once I got into my car I texted her,

“Hey. Are you busy today?” – Jiyong

“No, just drinking coffee with Seulgi.” – Joohyun                                                                                                                

“I’m outside the café. Let’s go do something.” – Jiyong

I waited for her reply but got nothing. I assumed she thought it was too risky and didn't know how to tell me no. As I was about to drive away there was a soft knock on my window. I unlocked the door and she got in, her scent overtaking my senses and easing my mind into peace. I looked over at her and saw that she looked worried.

“Is something bothering you?” I asked.

“No.” She replied quietly

“You can tell me if something is bothering you. Maybe I can help.”

“I just, I just don’t want to get in trouble.”

“We’re not doing anything bad, are we?”

“No but what if they take our photograph together and alone? People are going to assume things.”

I thought it was cute how she was worrying and maybe I was asking too much of her, but I’ve always said that if we don’t enjoy life and take risks we might as well not live at all.

“I know how to be sneaky. Let’s not worry about anything tonight.” I told her as I squeezed her hand in reassurance, she nodded but I could still feel that she was nervous. I let go of her hand and drove towards the outside of the city. The drive was silent besides her making a phone call to her manager telling him she was out with some high school friends and that she’d be home late.

When we got to the pension she looked scared I could see the worry in her face.

“Don’t worry; there are a lot of people here. They just won’t recognize us or take pictures.”

“A-are you sure?”

“Yeah my parents own this pension.” I said as we got out of the car. She stood shyly next to the door while I looked towards the lake. Breathing in the fresh air relaxed me. I looked towards the horizon, clouds were starting to form, and the sky was starting to darken.

“Let’s go have some food.” I told her as I guided her towards the back.

We set up the food and began to grill the meat.

“Would you like me to bring chicken from inside?” I asked.

“Oh I don’t really eat chicken.” She replied.

“Oh that’s right, I remember now.”

“H-how, I never told you.” She asked surprised.

“I saw your Weekly Idol episode.” I said as I smiled sheepishly at her.

“I really like it when you smile like that. It seems rare.” She said while turning the meat.

“What do you mean?” I asked shocked.

“You’re always scowling like if you have a pain somewhere.”

I never thought she paid this much attention to me, so I just stared at her in disbelief. I felt her shake next to me and I noticed the air was getting colder.

“We should eat quickly; I think it’s going to rain soon.” I told her as I put my jacket around her.

“We can’t go inside and eat?”

“I think there’s a room available. Are you really cold?” I asked as I eyed her, which made me realize she was wearing a skirt.

“Just a bit but I can handle it.” She said as she shivered again.

“Let me go check right away.”

I ran to the front desk just in time before my aunt left.

“Is there any rooms available?” I asked.

“Oh Jiyong I thought you had already left.” She told me as she walked back in to check the room availability.

“Only Heaven is available. Do you want the key for it? There’s a big storm I don’t think you should drive while it rains.”

I was relieved this was the room that was available since it had two beds in it.

“You’re right. I’ll just stay in there for the night.” I told her as I took the key. I ran back to Joohyun to find her curled up in my jacket, a surge of satisfaction overtook me and I didn't know why.

“Let’s go to the room you look like you’re freezing.” We gathered the food and headed towards the room. Once I set the stuff down I went to turn on the heater and grabbed a blanket on the way back to the kitchen.

“I’m glad we got inside before it started to rain.” I told her as I wrapped her in the blanket.

“Thank you. Yeah the weather looks bad out th-“ She stopped as soon as she heard the loud thunder over us.

“Are you okay?” I asked and she nodded back shocked.

“I just really hate thunder.” She whispered.

We ate in silence mostly because she was scared of all the thunder. When we finished washing the dishes she headed towards the door that lead out to the balcony, she looked at the pouring rain scared. I grabbed my phone and checked my messages, I replied to my members and I was about to read her messages when Joohyun let out a loud shriek. I threw my phone on the couch and ran towards her scared that something might’ve happened to her.

“What happened? Are you hurt?” I asked.

“N-no.” She replied and buried her face on my chest. I was startled but I held her for awhile while she composed herself.

“I’m sorry, I just saw the lightning struck across the lake and I got scared.” She said while looking up at me. I don’t know how it happened but when I realized I had leaned down to kiss her it was too late to break away, I didn't want to break the kiss. I was enjoying the way her lips felt on mine and how they made electricity run all over my body, she didn’t resist me but when she was starting to kiss back she pulled away. She was looking down at the floor, but I could still see that she was blushing.

“Let’s just close the curtains.” I whispered as calmly as I could while my heart climbed up my throat.

When I was done closing the curtains she looked at me closely, she looked fragile and all I wanted to do was protect her. Maybe that’s why I kissed her so suddenly, I tried to convince myself but I knew that wasn't it.

“There now you won’t be able to see the scary stuff.” I said still not knowing what to say about the kiss. Next thing I know the power goes out with a loud trembling thunder and then I feel a pair of arms around me and a small body crash into me. I held her close as we made our way to the living room so I could grab my phone and turn on the flashlight. I left it with her while I went to get her some water so she could calm down. When I got back she looked a little better, out of all the things I didn’t think she’d be scared of thunder. She just kept surprising me.

“I’m going to call my members and tell them what’s going on.” She said after she drank the water. I nodded and took the glass back in the kitchen to give her some privacy. I found some candles and lit them up around the room when I was done she was done talking on the phone.

“Are they worried?” I asked as I sat down next to her. I saw her eyes flicker down my face; I assume she was staring at my lips when she started to blush again.

“No everything is okay now.” She said while moving away from me.

“We should go to bed it’s getting late.” I said while looking at the time on my phone.

I showed her the rooms and asked where she wanted to sleep.

“I just don’t want to be in the room alone.” She said quietly while looking at the floor.

We settled in the room with two beds. I laid down on the bed closest to the window so she wouldn’t see the flickering of the thunder through the curtains. She tossed and turned for about half an hour until she finally settled with her back facing me. I was glad she was starting to get some sleep I didn’t want her to be tired the next day. I was about to also fall asleep when a loud thunder crashed and shook the windows and building. I saw Joohyun sit up right away to hug her knees. I watched her to see if she would lie back down but all she did was sit there with her eyes closed. I was a bit amused that she looked adorable this way. I got up and walked towards her bed. As soon as she felt the bed shift from my weight she looked at me shocked.

“Don’t worry. I just want you to feel safe okay?” I said quietly. She nodded and I motioned for her to lie down. I brought a blanket from my bed so she wouldn’t feel uncomfortable sleeping under the same covers. She laid down facing me; I pulled the covers up to her shoulders so she would be warm. I stared into her eyes and she stared back into mine, I don’t know how much time passed before I grabbed her and pulled her close to my chest so she could fall asleep.

 

I dreamt about the girl in the maze again but this time I knew that girl was Joohyun. After almost two months of knowing her I started to realize she was changing something inside of me.

“I’m feeling better now, so I can talk about the kiss.” She said as soon as I woke up.

“It was the spur of the moment.” I said quietly.

“It can’t happen again. You’re a sunbae and I’m a rookie. This can’t happen.”

“I know it can’t.” I said fiinally realizing the obstacles we’d have to face.

“I’m trying really hard not to like you.” She whispered. This took me by surprise, I stared at her but she gave nothing away. I sat up next to her and held her soft hand. I caressed her cheek while I looked into her eyes. I wondered if I was having the same affect on her, if I was causing her the same things she was causing me. My eyes landed on her lips, I ran my thumb over her bottom lip and when I looked back into her eyes she nodded in approval. This time when our lips met she didn’t hold back. Her lips were soft and gentle, her tongue was smooth and small, and she tasted sweet. It took every ounce of my energy to hold back and not push her, but I didn’t need to. She put her arms around my neck and deepened the kiss making our tongues dance. I loosened up a little bit and put my hands around her waist pulling her on me. I nibbled on her bottom lip and her lips before she pushed me to lie down on the bed.

I stared up at her and all I could see was her swollen lips slightly parted while she tried to catch her breath. 

 

 


A/N:

I hope you like the update! We're getting a little deeper into the story and we'll find out more about Joohyun.

I hope there wasn't too much mistakes I didn't have much time to go over it. Sorry :(

Thank you for your comments ^^ 

Please keep commenting your thoughts it really makes my day <3