Hope

Sweet Heaven

 

 

 

 

 

When Jiyong learned to love he was young and pure. Now after so many years in the industry he was tired and done. Well at least he wanted to be done. She couldn’t wait for him anymore though and decided to leave him for good this time. Of course his band members and his friends around him knew what happened. Not because it was announced but because his whole attitude changed. Being an emotional person and then adding a break up to it just meant bad news to everyone including himself.

 

He found himself at Club NB again. Drunk with most of his senses gone. He smoked, drank, and observed. All his friends around him laughing, enjoying themselves, they had no idea the pain he was going through. His phone buzzed and he stared at it with hope thinking she would call or message him. It was neither though. It was a notification from her, but to her private instagram that he still followed and couldn’t bring himself to click unfollow. He sighed. She looked beautiful as always and she also looked happy, without him, he looked for clues on that post to see if she was thinking about him. He looked for something that could relate to him but he found nothing. It was just a picture and she was just enjoying her vacation with her friends. Today on his birthday he missed her more than ever. They had always spent them together since they met five years ago but here he was tonight getting drunk drowning the memories they had made.

 

Waking up with a hangover and alone he decided he couldn’t handle being alone right now and went out to get coffee. He sat at the coffee shop staring at the people walking by. Sighing, smoking, drinking coffee and then repeat. He didn’t even bother putting a disguise on since he was alone. So his bright red hair just attracted everyone’s attention. Even with his big designer glasses people could guess it was the G-Dragon sitting inside this café staring blankly at the outside world.

“Unnie is it really him?” A girl whispered excitedly.

“I don’t know but if it is just give him some privacy.” She whispered back.

“But unnie you know that we’re big fans!” The girl whispered again, pouting.

“Sh Sooyoung, you’re going to attract attention!” The unnie whispered back angrily.

Just like that a group of five girls hurriedly walked past him with masks and disguises on. He smirked rethinking of the conversation the girls just had but he was glad the older one of them didn’t let the younger ones approach him. He didn’t feel like giving fan service today.

 

As the days flew by he didn’t even notice. He was holed up in his studio writing and distracting himself non-stop.

“Hyung, you have to stop doing this.” Seungri barged into his studio.

“Is that the way you should walk into someones’ sacred place?” I asked.

“I’m sorry hyung but we’re really worried about you.” Seungri pouted.

I stared at him pouting with amusement on my face. Seungri always made him feel a bit better.

“Let’s go out to eat tonight I’ll invite some friends.” He continued while looking at his phone.

“Hmm, you’re just looking for an excuse to go out with some girls.” I replied.

“Hyung! How could you think that of me?” He asked innocently, “I really want you to have some fun. Enough is enough, even Seunghyun hyung agreed to come so you have to come!” He said as he was walking out of the studio while answering a phone call. I really wasn’t planning on leaving my studio any time soon but if my members were all clearing their schedule to try and cheer me up then I should just go have dinner with them, it might turn out to be fun.

 

Later that night I found myself in my apartment with Seungri, trailing behind me, telling me to hurry up and get ready.

“Who did you invite?” I asked, “I just want the members to be there. No girls.” I said.

“Hyung, it’s too late for that I already invited them I can’t just tell them no at the last minute. Besides they’re heartbroken too and also the reservation wasn’t for just five people.” He stated smugly.

We walked in to Seunghyun hyungs favorite sushi restaurant. The members were already sitting in the private room joking amongst themselves.

“Hyung! You’re here!” Daesung yelled.

“Seungri I really didn’t think you’d be able to pull this off.” Youngbae said surpised.

“I told you to leave everything to me. Hyung can’t resist me.” Seungri said smugly.

“Our yboy can do anything.” Seunghyun hyung said while taking a sip of his wine.

I sat down annoyed next to Seungri. He looked so smug but being with the members and joking around did make me feel better.

“Who did you invite again?” I asked.

“Hyung, don’t worry they’re almost here.” Seungri replied.

As soon as he said that five girls walked in. Three that I knew very well and the other two I’ve seen in music videos.

“Where’s Hyoyeon?” Seungri asked while hugging each one of the girls. I wasn’t surprised, honestly. Seungri knew a lot of people from everywhere. He was the most outgoing and friendly which has gotten him in trouble but we know he doesn’t mean any harm, most of the time, the rest of us bowed politely and shook hands while Yuri introduced the other two girls to us, one was Seulgi and the other was Joohyun, both from SMs rookie girl group Red Velvet.

“I hope you guys don’t mind we brought our hoobaes with us.” Yuri said.

“No not at all. The more the better to help us cheer up Jiyong hyung.” Seungri said.

“Yoona and Stephanie need some cheering up too.” Yuri said as she sat down.

Seulgi ended up sitting across from me. I was a bit captivated by her eyes. I tried to joke like old times but it was a bit awkward with Joohyun sitting next to me. I felt like I needed to appear as my “cold city guy” image. I did have some good laughs though, and reminiscing, with my members and the girls from SNSD about our rookie days. The Red Velvet girls sat down quietly eating and listening to our conversation.

“Your hoobaes are so quiet.” Seunghyun hyung said unexpectedly.

“Yeah I think they’re scared we might get caught hanging out.” Yoona said.

“Come on girls have a bit of fun! You’ve been practicing really hard for your comeback.” Stephanie added.

“We are having fun unnie! We’re just a bit tired.” Joohyun said.

Her voice surprised me. She sounded shy and out of place. If I’m remembering correctly they said she was the leader of Red Velvet but she didn’t give that vibe out. Seulgi did though, with her intense feline eyes, she was also the one laughing the most with the others and participating in our talks. Joohyun just sat down quietly like a model student. So innocent, I thought.

 

Seungri, Daesung and the girls of SNSD left the private room. Youngbae and Seunghyun hyung left to go home. I was left alone in the private room with two rookies. We sat awkwardly and honestly they looked kind of scared.

“I’m going to look for the unnies.” Seulgi said as she stood up. Joohyun only nodded slightly. I moved a bit away from her so she would have some space.

“Do you like being an idol?” I asked. She turned to look at me startled and surprised that I was talking directly to her.

“Y-yes.” She answered nervously.

I stared back her in amusement. Her voice was so soft and angelic. She radiates pure innocence.

“Why are you nervous? Are you a fan?”

“Y-yes and you’re also a sunbae.”

“Do you want to be my muse?” I asked surprised at my own words.

“W-what?”

“If you’re a fan you should know that my songs are all about heartbreak. You give me inspiration to write about love and hope.” I told her sheepishly.

She stared back at me shocked, blinking and contemplating thoughts in her mind. The minutes passed by quietly. I stared at her, taking in her features. She was really beautiful and if I was being completely honest with myself her innocence captivated me. I grabbed her phone and input my number into her contacts, I saved it as “Ji” so people wouldn’t ask questions. I sent a text from her phone to mine so I could save hers as well. It was really bold on my part but I was serious about making her my muse.

“I’ll contact you when I have a free day okay?” I told her.

She nodded back. That means she accepted right?

After I handed back her phone she stared at it for awhile. She must be thinking a million things and most of them might be excuses to turn down my offer but I wasn’t going to let that happen. Seulgi walked back in and told her a taxi was waiting for them because their unnies left to a night club with my maknae and again I wasn’t surprised. I walked them out and paid for the taxi. The girls looked at me shocked at the amount I had given him but it’s better to make sure there’s enough, the traffic is no joke on a Friday night.

I lay in bed that night with a smile on my face, a real smile that I hadn’t had in a long time, I didn’t even think about her that night. All my thoughts were occupied by Joohyuns’ innocent face and her angelic features.

Hmm, Joohyun I’m so intrigued by your innocence what am I to do.

 

After being kicked out of my studio by Hyun-suk hyung I found myself in my living room with nothing to do or distract me, all my members were busy with their individual activities. I sighed in frustration and the TV. “M! Countdown” was on; I left it on this because my curiosity got the best me. I wonder what kind of songs these kids are releasing nowadays I thought to myself, just as I was about to change the channel the Red Velvet comeback stage was announced. I looked at her and I listened to their song. She looked a bit more like a leader on stage. The song was cute but, I did my research after the night I met her and I knew she was older than them by a few years, it didn’t suit her. She reminded me of Taeyeon though, the kid leader. I laughed to myself, I guess it’s time for Taeyeon to graduate and pass down the title to Joohyun.

“I saw your comeback stage it was nice.” – Jiyong

                                                              “Oh thank you sunbae.” – Joohyun

“My schedule is free all week.

Do you want to come in to my studio and work on a song?” – Jiyong

“Ah yes. I think I have time tomorrow.” – Joohyun                                                                                                          

“YG at 7pm.” – Jiyong

I was surprised she didn’t deny my request. It might’ve been because I complimented their stage. I wasn’t sure if 7pm would be a problem for her but when she didn’t reply anything I just left it at that. At least I have something to look forward to tomorrow.

 

I arrived at the studio at 5pm. Hyun-suk hyung came down the elevator as soon as I sat on my chair.

“I told you to have some rest.” He said.

“I did have some rest. I rested all day yesterday.” I replied.

“One day isn’t enough. I know you’re going through a hard time but you need to rest.”

“Hyung I’m fine I assure you. I have a friend that’s going to come and record something with me.”

“What friend?”

“Just a friend, don’t be surprised okay hyung?”

“Fine but I better see you leaving the studio early.” He said as he walked out.

As 7pm came around I saw that she wasn’t here yet. Then at 7:30pm I heard a light knock on my door.

“Come in.” I said.

She peeked through the door with her disguise on, how adorable, as she made her way inside I could see that she was nervous and probably regretting being here.

“Sorry, I had to wait until the manager was gone so I could come.”

“You sneaked out?” I asked surprised. I always thought she’d do everything by the rules.

“Y-yes.” She said while fiddling with her thumbs.

“Take a seat. I already have the beat and sound I want to work with. I just need to be inspired by you. So don’t feel self-conscious when I stare at you for a long time. Just be natural.”

She nodded her response and took her disguise off. Her hair flowing down out of her hoodie, the way her thin lips parted a little when she sighed, her hands smooth and small. I looked at her face, her eyes, her nose and her radiant skin. It glowed with a light I had never seen before. She was wearing a turtle neck that covered her neck and arms. The more I stared the more intrigued I was. She was far from my type. She’s delicate and angelic. I preferred women with a wild side to them. I guess it’s my own fault I get heartbroken. Around Joohyun I could breathe again. Inhale the positive things life had to offer and forget how messed up I’ve lived the past few years waiting for her to commit to me. Hours passed and I still stared at her and even though I was done writing the rough draft of the lyrics I didn’t want her to leave. I turned away to write a few more things down on the computer and then I heard her stomach grumble.

“Is SM not feeding you?” I asked.

“W-what, no, it’s not that. I just sometimes forget to eat when we have full schedules. I rather rest.” She answered embarrassed.

“Let’s go get some food, we’re done here.”

She put her disguise back on, afraid that someone here will recognize her and somehow tell SM that she broke some rules. On our way to the cafeteria she couldn’t help but stare at the walls and images of the artists that worked here.

“You’re going home soon right? Don’t make me call Seungri to come bother you.” Hyun-suk hyung said.

“Is that why he’s been harassing me all week?”

“I told him I’d stop scolding him for a month if he bothered you when you were locked in the studio.”

“Its okay hyung, I’m leaving after I have dinner with my friend.”

Joohyun immediately froze next to me, obviously not wanting to meet President Yang.

“Make sure he goes home after he eats.” He simply told her. No questions asked and it surprised me a bit that he didn’t ask me who this woman in disguise was, he’ll probably do that tomorrow though.

“Did you ever want to do something besides be an idol?” I asked while we were eating.

“No, well yeah, but things turned out like this.” She smiled.

“You shouldn’t choose sleep over food. If you don’t eat you’re just going to feel more tired and be in a bad mood.”

“Yeah, SNSD unnies told me that too. I just can’t eat until everything on the schedule is done. I can breathe again after that and I get my appetite back.”

“Do you want to meet back here tomorrow at the same time? We can eat before we start working.”

“That’ll be fine. I need to get going now though.” She said while looking at her watch.

“I’ll drive you home it’s too late for you to be going around by yourself. No protests.” I told her seriously.

“Y-yes, okay sunbae.”

“Just call me Jiyong.” I told her as I led her to the underground parking.

The drive to her dorm wasn’t awkward we talked about a few things that she liked and I made her laugh a little. I surprisingly drove straight home after that. I didn’t think about drinking or going back to writing and finishing songs. I also didn’t feel lonely when I walked into my dark apartment. I felt peace inside and I guessed it was the effect of having Joohyun around. Thinking about her features once more and reading the lyrics I sent to my e-mail earlier I was lost in the thought of her.

What’re you becoming to me Bae Joohyun?

 

 

 


A/N:

Here's my first chapter! I didn't beta it but I did go over it a couple of times to see if I could catch some of my mistakes.

I hope I didn't leave too many of them behind ;-;

Please comment and let me know what you think! <3