Home

The Forest Maiden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjae and Joshua looked around the unfamiliar place. “So… you’re saying that they lived here?” Sungjae eyed the surrounding. Without answering him, Joshua went to the front door and knocked for a few times.

“Yes-” YooA froze at the familiar face. “Jisoo-ya!” she ran and hugged him tight. Happy smile can be seen on her face. She broke the hug and saw Sungjae behind him. “I miss you two!” A tear of happiness escaped the corner of her eyes and she gently shed it away. “Come inside. I’ll make you something.”

They entered the living room, unexpectedly comfy enough for the amount of them. Joshua studied his surroundings. Strange but familiar; was what he could think of. He wondered how a strange place like this can make him feel familiar and home enough.

She brought a tray filled with few glasses and a bottle of plain water to serve the guest. “It’s nothing since we can’t really afford anything but yeah, I do hope you enjoy.” she said while pouring it into the glasses. “We? You were practically a husband and wife now, you know?” Sungjae rolled his eyes.

“Aniyaa~ we were just trying to survive in this place. I don’t really know for how long though… but anyway, we survived.” She caught a glimpse the reaction of those two and quickly looked at the outside. ‘It’s about time…’ she thought and she was right when minutes later, S.Coups came in front the front door.

“Coups,” Joshua called and went to him. They fist bumped and hugged for a second before revealing the smile on each other’s face. “I guess… you’re our savior.”

~~

YooA put her stuffs on to the bed and observed the room. “Uwaa~ it really feels good to be home!” she exclaimed and landed on her bed. The sound of the kids playing at the nearest playground, the smell of the fresh-baked bread from the cross side and the sight of the red roof of their neighbor that can be seen from her study table made her realized how much she missed this place.

The door were left slightly opened which S.Coups later entered through it and smiled when he spotted her smelling the bed’s cover. He leaned by the door and stared for a while.

T-thump. His face changed. He held onto his chest tight and grabbed the nearest wall, scared of falling down. ‘Why… my heart is hurting…’ YooA turned around when she noticed another presence in the room. “Yah Coups. Are you okay?” she asked as she witnessed his pale face. YooA then went and helped him walked to his bed. He slowly massaged his chest to get the pain away. It felt like a big needle poked into it. “I’m okay. Might be the side effect…” he smiled weakly.  

“Should I-” she stopped when he grabbed her wrist. “Aniya. Don’t do it. We’re now here right?” he reminded. She sighed heavily. “Would you like to get a couple of sleeps while I prepare the food?” she rearranged the pillows and let him to lay down on it. “Sleep well~” she said before shutting the door close.

~~

Joshua approached as she was stirring the porridge and took a bit taste of i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter