The Village

The Forest Maiden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The funeral was held on the next day. The commoners were mourning over their beloved princess. It was raining lightly that morning as if it was crying for her too. YooA was no different. Struggling to hold back the grief, tears flowed steadily, silently down immobile face, felt the bruised inside, numbness, emptiness, walking behind mahogany coffin, saying goodbye although she was gone already. The only strength left was having S.Coups by her side, hugging and pulling her tight by her arms to his body.

Words from the minister, speeches at the service bring a fresh onslaught of tears, well spoken words, and a tribute to their lives and loves. With a stick on one hand, The King gave his last, final words before she was buried deep on top of the mountain.

In time as people were leaving, YooA remained by the grave. Blaming herself for her death, she broke down again onto her knees. Her red, puffy eyes explained how many tears have left her body. She regretted for not treating her well enough. She regretted how she was not a good sister for her. She regretted for taking those times when she were alive for granted. She was hoping for a miracle, maybe a second chance, to tell her how much she loves her.

She looked up to her side when someone touched her shoulder. While smiling and reassuring her, S.Coups helped her standing up and walked back to the castle. The whole day went dull. No one said a word. She sat on top of her bed with him beside her. Slowly, her head landed on his shoulder and her vision blurred as another tears seep down across her face. He caressed her hair and wiped the tears from her cheeks. cracked open. “I want to go back home.” She whispered.

“But this is your home.” He answered carefully. “I don’t feel home here. I feel like a stranger.” She shutted her eyes tight, tried to stop being emotional. “No one… no one treat me like a family here. I want to leave this place.” She tightened her gripped at the end of her dress. S.Coups sighed heavily before agreeing with her decision. “Okay. We will leave this place.” He said and took her hands into him.

~~

She was preparing for the escape when suddenly thoughts and feelings again swam to the surface of her mind. ‘Her last will.’ Done with assembling her mind, feeling strong enough, she went to her room. Meticulously, she opened the door and peeked inside it. It was dark since there’s no light anywhere. She closed the door behind her gently and lighted up the entire lantern in the room. Her eyes trembled at the sight of JinE’s dresses. Her fingers trailed along the curtain up to the woody bed frame and she held onto it dearly. ‘I miss you already.’

She smiled weakly and threw her vision across the room. There’s nothing much in it but something at the bedside drew her attention; a couple of books that was on top of each other. She picked it up and flipped through it. It’s about the history. She shooked her head slowly at how weird her sister’s interest was. She collected all the books and went to the book shelves at the corner of the room.

The books were arranged neatly according to the numbers, colours and heights of it. She put the one she was holding into the blank space at the middle of the shelves. Greedy enough, she tried to fit all of it in one time resulting on one of the books fell on to the floor. She crouched down and dusted it off before getting into her previous position. She was about to put it back when she saw a note that came out from the book. Curiously, she took the paper out and unfolded it.

 

The face is the mir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter