Festival

The Forest Maiden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YooA stared at the ceiling as she was trying to sleep. She was exhausted but sleep seemed unlikely. Honestly, her mind’s a mess. The scene of S.Coups confessing that evening interrupted her thoughts a lot. She pulled the blanket up to her nose and peeked over his bed. He was leaning against the bed headboard with few pillows tucked behind him. His eyes were too busy reading the book he was holding to notice how YooA stared at him, only to realise minutes later.

“Stop looking at me.” he said, shifting his attention to YooA. “You still mad at me?”

YooA turned away from him, facing the wall. She spoke nothing, her stern features giving no suggestion what was on her mind. S.Coups sighed deeply, aware of her answer. “I’m sorry. I know we talked about this before-” “You promised.” she said in her low tone, cutting S.Coups in the middle. “You promised me that you won’t fall for me, when we’re at the cliff back then.”

The moment stayed silent for a while. A hint of drowsiness hit her and that was when she decided to relieve her mind of a troubling thought and actually went to sleep. As he heard she snored softly, he took the sign and went to his sleepless night.

~~

The school annual festival arrived again. The students were busy decorating their class. As of the final decision on their last meeting weeks before the festival, they agreed to make a haunted house. They made a path using a black curtain and a person was assigned at a specific corner to act as a ghost. S.Coups went through the curtain to the back of his class and met the class representative, JunYoung. He actually hated to participate in any of the events but since the whole class came to term that he will suit the dracula character, he did as he was told to do so.

As he approached JunYoung, he saw YooA at the field through the window where she was covered with a black, long padded jacket. She was supposed to play the role of ghost but has to decline since she chose to perform with her dance club. His thought was distracted when NaYeon called him to put on his costume and he will have to do a bit of make up to complete his disguise. He returned to the class, dressed in a black cloak, long enough to clean the whole floor and grabbed the girl’s attention. His fine, looking face was shining through the costume with the addition of make up done on him.

The clock struck 9 and people were coming nonstop. The weather was good, not too cold but breezy enough to make the local shivered. Faint music of students performing could be heard from the field with the occasional happy scream suddenly piercing the air. Most people wandered from stall to stall, sampling donuts and skewered meat, some of ddukbokki and even played games.

YooA shuddered as the cold wind touched her face. Her ears turned red as well as her nose. She shoves her hand into the pocket and walked around the compound. From a distance, she can see S.Coups was having a verbal fight with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter