Indescribable

The Former Casanova
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

SMU, Cafeteria, 1pm.

"Is that seriously all you're going to eat?"

Hyerin didn't have the appetite to eat today and all she bought from their cafeteria was a bottle of mineral water and a mandarin. Her mind kept telling her not to eat anything but knowing how she easily gets sick if she skips meals, she thought that one mandarin wouldn't hurt, right? On the other side of the table, there was Minyoung eating her food with wary look hidden in her eyes. She was starting to get worried for her best friend because she didn't really seem like herself at all today. Her face was quite pale and she had slight bags under her eyes which was not like her at all. Lee Hyerin was known for taking good care of her health--even her friends' health--and so what Minyoung was seeing today made her feel worried although she tried her best no to show it too much. Hyerin was never the type of girl who liked to talk about how she was feeling, not even with her best friends. She would only get herself to speak up when she felt that her heart had enough and couldn't take the pressure by herself anymore.

"Mhm." Was all Minyoung received as a reply.

Hyerin was currently reading her novel while plopping a piece of mandarin into every few moments. She wasn't actually concentrating on anything she was doing. Hyerin's eyes were going back and forth pretending to be reading the book in front of her friend while her thoughts were floating else-where. They were all the way at home with Luhan, remembering while also regretting everything she witnessed. Although at some times, her thoughts would slowly drift off to Chanyeol as she started comparing the two brothers.

"Hyerin, is there something you're not telling me?" Minyoung asked as she placed her chopsticks down on the table before placing a comforting hand over Hyerin's paler one.

Hyerin looked up at her best friend and she could easily spot the sincere look on her face. She always became weak when it came to her best friend's caring eyes and so it was enough for her to give herself in. I mean, that's what best friends are for, right? They're here to help you get through your problems, no matter the consequences.

After taking a deep breath, Hyerin let out everything she was hiding inside. From the moment she saw Chanyeol inside her guest room to the night when she encountered him at the cafe, but remembering to leave out the incident with Luhan. Although it wasn't really in detail, it was enough for Minyoung to completely understand her.

"I don't know Minyoung, I'm confused--I mean, you know how much stress I've gone through just to forget him and every memory we've shared together but now here he is suddenly appearing in my life again. He came in as my future brother-in-law, but what hurts even more is that he's acting as if nothing ever happened between us while I'm here thinking about exactly that. The memories are forcing themselves to come back to me but I just want them to stop. It felt like the moment I saw him in my house, he was already digging up every memory of us that I buried deep inside forever. He did it without even knowing."

Minyoung stood up from her seat and came over to sit next to Hyerin to give her a comforting embrace. Minyoung wanted to let her know that she'll always be there for her, like how Hyerin was always there for for her too.

"I'm sure everything's going to be okay, Hyerin. It just needs time. Everyone has their own path and I'm sure in the end you'll get through this. Plus, there's always me, remember?"

Hyerin slightly pulled back from the hug, "Thank you." She forced herself to smile and look strong in front of the person who has been there for her every single time even though deep inside Hyerin felt as if everything inside her was breaking apart. The moment Minyoung smiled back, Hyerin inaudibly breathed in relief. She didn't want to trouble her friend too much. Hyerin just needed Minyoung to be there beside her without her having to get dragged into her own complicated problems.

"Anyway, how's Luhan?"

Hyerin's smile immediately changed into a frown as she slouched back on the chair.

"Luhan's..." Hyerin was about to tell her but then she thought again. She really, really didn't want Minyoung to know anything about the event that happened 2 days ago. She was scared that Minyoung might want to teach Luhan a lesson but it'll just end up with her getting punished instead, "--fine." She faked a smile again, but instead of receiving a smile back, Hyerin got furrowed eye-brows and pursed lips as a response.

"Hey, guys!" The two girls quickly turned their heads to the direction behind them after hearing the familiar voice. They knew for sure that the guy was referring to them.

A smile almost instantly creeps up on Minyoung's face when she saw her man walking towards their table with a big grin plastered on his face. Hyerin turned her head slightly to look at her best friend's reaction. It was a smile Hyerin has never received before. Even though Minyoung's smile towards Hyerin is always sincere, this smile was just different. It's the smile Minyoung would only send to him. The one and only Byun Baekhyun.

They both share a brief kiss on the lips before Baekhyun sends a small nod and a smile to Hyerin as a form of saying Hey. He quickly returns his gaze back to his girlfriend that had his arm wrapped around her waist to pull her closer.

"What is it?" Minyoung asks as she drags her food tray that was on the other side of the table towards her.

Baekhyun cocked an eyebrow and flashed a smile before reaching for something hidden deep inside his pockets. The two girls eyed his every movement curiously because Baekhyun hasn't answered Minyoung's question yet. He pulled his hands out and it revealed two tickets for the Coldplay concert in Gocheok Sky Dome next month. Minyoung eyes instantly widen in surprise. She was about to scream her lungs out and cause the whole canteen to shake but luckily she covered it all with her hands.

"Oh my God, Baekhyun! When--where--how--?" Minyoung couldn't even find the right words to explain how shocked and happy she was feeling at that moment. Hyerin laughed softly beside her. Even though it wasn't her who was going to the concert, Hyerin was happy enough to see her best friend happy. Baekhyun chuckled before placing a finger over Minyoung's lips to stop her from talking.

"Hey, don't worry about all of that. Just say that you'll come with me."

"Of course I'll come. Thank you sooo much Baekguu~" Minyoung leaned forward to give her boyfriend a tight hug.

"No need to thank me." Hyerin could see the smile that was on Baekhyun's face, and it somehow made her miss the feeling of having her own someone that will smile like that with her. She was thinking too much about Chanyeol and she knew she had to start clearing up her feeling's again before it becomes too late.

"Baekhyun!" They all turned their heads to their left and saw Kris waving his hands towards

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter