Home Sweet Home

The Former Casanova
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Cafeteria, SM University, Day Time.

"Mwo, Luhan?--Hyerin, do you have any idea who Luhan is?!" Minyoung said as she shook Hyerin's upper body that was lying emotionless on the cafeteria table.

"Yes, of course I do." She sighed, "At least I know him after the dinner I had yesterday. He's the son of the Vice President." Hyerin really hated the fact that she does know him. To her, it would've been better if she didn't meet him at all. Ever since the news was brought up at the table Hyerin couldn't stop crying, even if tears weren't coming out of her eyes this moment, she was crying her eyes out mentally.

"Wait he's wha--actually forget it, Hyerin, even if he's the son of the Vice President he's a boy that's full of no good."

Hyerin finally brought her eyes up to meet Minyoung's even if her body was still practically lifeless, "How do you even know about him?"

"How can I not?" The tone of Hyerin's childhood friend slightly raised, not because she was angry, but more to the fact that she was worried for her best friend. "You know Sungmi unnie, my oppa's fiance, right?"

Hyerin nodded.

"She's that Luhan guy's ex girlfriend."

"Wait, isn't she like 6 years older than us?" Hyerin furrowed her eyebrows at her friends last sentence.

"Exactly my point here. He's a player, Hyerin. How come you don't know this?" Minyoung put a hand over Hyerin's shoulder as she started to calm down, her eyes were softening as she looked at her best friend.

"I-I never heard of his name before." Hyerin suddely found herself stuttering. She started to get worried. Was Luhan really that bad of a guy?

"Sorry for my upcoming foul language but he's famous for being a total -head who runs around at night doing one night stands even if he has a girlfriend." It wasn't Minyoung's intention to scare Hyerin, but she was just really worried for her.

Hyerin has once been in a relationship but that was the only time. She never dared to be in one again because she was scared the man she loved would leave her like the last one did. At that time, Minyoung felt really sad seeing her best friend so.. heartbroken. She couldn't bear seeing her like that again. Minyoung knows that Hyerin is fragile and she will do anything to keep her away from breaking.

Hyerin sighed as she brought her head down. Memories from the other night started to fill up her thoughts. "That explains it."

"What?--What happened? Did he do anything to you?"

"A-ani, it's just--"

They were interrupted by a call that came from Hyerin's phone.

"It's my dad's personal assistant."

"Do you want some space?" Minyoung was already standing up from her seat when Hyerin wrapped her fingers around her wrist pulling her back down.

"It's okay, you can stay."

Minyoung replied with a warm smile before sitting back down on her seat beside her friend. Hyerin didn't want her to leave because she wanted someone to be there for her if anything bad happens. Minyoung understood the moment she saw the look on Hyerin's face so she gladly accompanied her.

"Yes?"

"You're father told us to move your stuff. If you're not taking class. Please come to your dorm, miss."

"Why?"

"You were told to move into your new house by your father. We're here to help you pack and move your belongings."

 

 

***

 

 

"I thought you went back to your hotel." Luhan said as he found the girl he was looking for sitting by herself at the front desk of the restaurant. It was clear that Hyerin wasn't pleased to see Luhan standing right there in front of her, so instead of replying to his words, Hyerin brought her head back down to her lap.

Luhan cleared his throat after seeing her cold response and loosened up his tie before deciding to take a seat next to her on the sofa. The space between them was a little too close for Hyerin, but Luhan didn't seem to mind at all. "Aren't you going to say sorry to your parents for acting like that in front of everyone?"

There was another silence filling up the air when Hyerin decided not to answer. She didn't want to see Luhan, at least not at this moment when her mind was going to explode. The last thing she wants to do tonight was talk to the guy she didn't know a single bit about but was told to marry. To be honest, Hyerin was a little confused with how the man thinks, Luhan didn't know her as well but why isn't he refusing the marriage? Doesn't he have a girlfriend or at least someone he likes? He is handsome after all. It'll be almost impossible if he's single.

After another minute of silence, Luhan started getting impatient and decided to do something about it. "Hey, aren't you cold?" He cleared his throat before scooting closer to her which made Hyerin start to feel uncomfortable. "You know.. if you want, we could head back to my hotel. Being in my room's clearly warmer than being in here. I'm sure our parents would be alright with it." After that sentence Hyerin felt his arm move it's way closer to her and she knew what he was going to do next.

"But if you're still cold in my room, we could always do something about it to make you feel warmer." Luhan's tone was deeper and Hyerin realized he was just an inch away from her ear. His warm breath on her skin made Hyerin feel shivers going down her spine, and she didn't like that feeling at all. Just before Luhan's arm made his way over Hyerin's bare shoulder, she was quick enough to avoid it. Hyerin stood up just in time, she put on her coat and ran out of the restaurant to find a taxi back to her hotel.

Meanwhile, Luhan was eyeing her from the window of the restaurant with a small smirk that was hiding his rejected look on his face. He would be lying if he said he wasn't disappointed with her answer, but Luhan wanted to try and be patient. He's never been rejected ever in his life, and Luhan thinks maybe this is the time for him to try a new challenge. He's bored of always winning the game.

Ladies should be treated with respect, right? Bull.

 

 

***

 

 

After ending the call Hyerin didn't think twice to run to the other side of the campus to get to her dor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter