Unexpected Meeting

The Former Casanova
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After fixing himself up in the bathroom, Luhan was still scared to leave. He was worried of how Hyerin will think of him and it'll just make their walls that's separating them become even wider. After taking a deep breath, Luhan encouraged himself to at least open the door slightly and check if she was anywhere to be seen. As he popped his head out of the bathroom door, the coast was clear, for now.

Luhan was going to step out of the bathroom but he stopped in his tracks when he remembered how he was just wearing his short boxers and nothing else.

"Oh, ."

He mentally cursed at himself for not thinking properly. His only choice was to run as fast as he can until he reaches his room, and if he doesn't do it, he'll be stuck in the bathroom all night. With full hopes of Hyerin being in her room, Luhan heaved a big breath before opening the doors widely and sprinting out of the bathroom.

To his dismay, Luhan bumped into her near the stairs with the position of her cheek on his bare chest.

"I-I'm so sorry." Luhan stuttered as he took a step back and saw the look on Hyerin's face. Without waiting for her reply, Luhan rushed upstairs and didn't look back.

As he closed the door of his bedroom, he exhaled heavily, Luhan didn't even realize he was holding his breath throughout the big run. He leaned his back onto the door and placed his hand onto his beating heart. Why was he acting like this? It's not like he likes her, Luhan just wants to know her since she isn't like the other girls that just throws themselves at him. He's just curious about her, that's all.

After feeling the speed of his heartbeat slowing down, Luhan took to his bed, slumping down on it face first. Today was too embarrassing to even remember, so all he can hope for is that tomorrow they won't feel awkward around each other.

 

The following morning.

Hyerin woke up to the knocking sounds on her bedroom door. It was a Saturday morning and Hyerin was planning on sleeping in, but it didn't turn out to go as planned.

"Just a minute." She said with a louder voice, before sitting up and rubbing her eyes with the back of her hands.

Hyerin took her time since she thought that it must have been either Taemi unni or Mrs. Park. She climbed down from her bed before slipping her feet into her fluffy pink slippers. Hyerin took to the mirror since she has to at least look presentable in an understandable morning manner even in front of her maids. She wrinkled her nose as she looked at her own reflection in the mirror. Her face was oily and she remembered that she forgot to put on her night cream before heading off to sleep. It was never like her to forget things like this, but this time there was an explanation.

Hyerin was currently tying her hair up in a high ponytail after washing her face when she heard another knock on the door.

"Hyerin, are you awake yet?" The voice was deep, so it couldn't have been the maids. She thought for a second that it may be her butler, but then again, he never calls her by her real name.

After finishing tying her hair up, Hyerin slowly made her way towards the door counting her steps as she goes. She placed her hand over the doorknob before turning it slowly, to reveal a boy standing behind it.

It was Luhan.

Hyerin slightly jumped as she was shocked to see him standing in front of her door. After what happened last night, how can he seriously face her with such confidence?

Hyerin kept her guards up, not daring to move from her spot. "Yes, Luhan?"

"I thought maybe you'd like to have breakfast with me. I heard from Taemi that you liked pancakes, so I made them for you." There was a sincere smile on Luhan's face as he said the words, but Hyerin still couldn't trust him this easily.

Having breakfast with Luhan was the last thing she wanted to do on this fine Saturday morning, but knowing that he made it for her, Hyerin had no choice but to accept.

"Where's Taemi, Mrs. Park and Mr. Oh?" Hyerin muttered as she came out of her room before closing the door behind her.

"Oh, them?" Luhan started, as his eyes wondered off to his memories. "I told them on Saturdays and Sundays they could go home. Our driver too."

"Why?"

"Because I want more time to get to know you, alone."

Hyerin coughed at hearing Luhan's last sentence and immediately fastened her pace. Luhan slipped his hands into his pocket and smiled to himself as he watched her back view walking further away from him. He thought Hyerin was flustered and was slowly starting to fall for him. But the truth was, it just made Hyerin want to stay as far away from him even more.

If Hyerin was to be honest, the table was set up very nicely. Luhan prepared them breakfast just like he said. There were two plates of three layered pancakes completed with chops of kiwi, banana, strawberry and maple syrup and a glass of orange juice for each of them.

"You made all of this?" Hyerin asked, trying not to show that she was actually quite impressed. The other day when she woke up, Luhan was still fast asleep in his room, but today was very different.

Luhan sheepishly smiled before answering, "Yeah, I did."

As they settled themselves on the table, Hyerin took the seat at the further end hoping that Luhan wouldn't sit anywhere near her. But of course, just like everyone's guess, Luhan sat just right next to her. Hyerin took hold of the cutlery placed at the side of the plate before cutting into the pancake and taking a small bite. When Hyerin brought her head up, she saw how Luhan hasn't started eating yet. He was sitting quietly with his arms folded on the table and a look full of anticipation.

The pancake was absolutely delicious.

That was what Hyerin's taste buds said, but after she swallowed the remaining bits of the pancake that was in , Hyerin could only mutter a,"It's good," together with a small smile. Even though Luhan was expecting a little bit more, he softly chuckled at her response before digging into his home made breakfast.

"So, Hyerin.." Luhan started, "What college do you go to?" He asked before taking a sip of his orange juice.

"SM"

"Oh really? Mr. Lee Soo Man's University?"

"Yes." Hyerin was acting cold and Luhan sensed this. He didn't want the breakfast to be awkward with only hearing sounds of cutlery crashing into each other so Luhan tried to make a conversation. Hyerin on the other hand, preferred to stay quiet until the breakfast was over.

"My dad's close with him." Luhan commented.

But there was no answer.

He cleared his throat and fixed his sitting position before having another go at building the conversation.

"You must have dozens of guys chasing aft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter