Sick

The Former Casanova
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Home, Center of Seoul, Morning.

Today Hyerin had to wake up earlier than usual. Her campus wasn't that far away from where she lives now but it doesn't change the fact that she has to wake up minutes earlier than she usually does. Back when she was still living at the dorm with her best friend, Hyerin would normally sleep in until just minutes before her first class. Yeah, sure she's the daughter of the president, but that doesn't mean she isn't allowed to slack off sometimes, right?

After finishing her breakfast--which was just an ordinary bowl of cereal--she went into the living room to see if Luhan was awake or not. It turns out even at this time, he was still locked up in his room. Hyerin started to wonder what happened to Luhan last night after the incident but immediately shook it off feeling disgusted as she remembered every detail of it. For some weird reason, Hyerin still remembers the cologne he wore that night. A soft minty scent mixed with vanilla and green leaves. Even though she doesn't know what type it was, Hyerin was sure her nose didn't deceive her.

After checking around the house for the first time, Hyerin came across the garden. She slid open the glass door and almost in an instant the cold breeze brushed against her delicate skin making her shiver in delight. The garden was beyond beautiful even though it's currently winter season and the flowers were still yet to bloom. Hyerin walked further into the circle-field garden and a small smile formed on her lips as she thought about how it would feel like walking through the garden at spring time.

She decided to take a seat on the bench that was placed in front of the beautiful cupid sculptured fountain despite the freezing temperature. Hyerin took out her phone to check the time. It was already nearing her first class. Just after she slid her phone back into the pocket of her coat, she tilted her head up and Mr. Oh was already standing in front of her with one hand behind his back and the other folded under his chest.

He told her that the car is ready for her but Hyerin knew what he really meant was that she had to go now.

 

 

***

 

Luhan groaned as he started tossing and turning in his bed the moment the morning sunlight pierced through his window walls. He tried sleeping again but because of the strong light he failed to do so. In the end Luhan gave up and shot his eyes open in irritation. He shifted his body to one side to check the time and it was already half past eleven in the morning.

Luhan stretched his arms out wide before propping his hands behind him as he got himself to sit up "It's still soo early." He muttered to himself as he rubbed both his eyes with the back of his hands.

The boy chucked his duvet to the floor after groaning over and over again and debating with himself weather to get up or not. But when he remembered about Hyerin, he made his decision final. Luhan climbed down from his bed half with only his grey boxers on. Even though last night was freezing cold with the heaters on, Luhan hated the thought of having to wear fabric on him when he goes to sleep.

He walked in front of his mirror to check if he looks alright.

"Well, good morning, Mr. Handsome." Luhan winked at his own reflection of his handsome face and his y morning hair. But as his eyes landed down on his chest and his squishy abdomen his smile disappears almost immediately. It's not like he has a huge tummy or anything, it was actually more to the nutella abs type. He sighed.

I seriously gotta start working out.

After getting cleaned up, Luhan decided to stay in his home clothes, he thought he wouldn't be going anywhere today. Luhan wanted to try hitting on Hyerin. She was a hard shell to crack but Luhan knows it'll be worth it if in the end he can finally have her wrapped around his finger.

Luhan went down to get some breakfast and was greeted by the butler at the stairs. The moment Mr. Oh landed his eyes on his master he was a little surprised that he was already awake.

"Sir, you're awake." He said after bowing politely.

Luhan formed his lips into a thin line and wrinkled his nose at Mr. Oh's sentence. "Yes, I'm awake. And please just call me Luhan."

The butler bowed again in response of a yes. Luhan came down and headed towards the kitchen with Mr. Oh following from behind.

"What's for breakfast?" Luhan asked as he sat on the kitchen stool beside the counter.

"Actually, it's already time for your lunch, sir--" Mr. Oh stopped as he saw the un-pleased look on his masters face. It took him a while to figure out what he meant. "--I mean, Luhan-ssi." Because he wasn't familiar with saying Luhan's name, he brought his head down.

Ignoring his butlers expression, Luhan kept cheerful like always. "Alright then, what's for lunch?"

"We have chicken porridge."

Luhan sighed deeply, "Leave it for Hyerin. Call the delivery, I want fried chicken." After saying his orders, Luhan took out his wallet and gave Mr. Oh the money he needed. Before Mr. Oh could scurry away to fulfil Luhan's orders, Luhan called him back.

"Speaking of Hyerin, where is she by the way?"

"It's a Friday, Luhan-ssi. The young mistress is at her campus at the moment."

Luhan made an 'ah' face as he nodded his head in understanding. After Mr. Oh excused himself to go, Luhan got up and headed towards the T.V. room. It was quiet and cold in every corner of the house and he cursed mentally for not making any plans for today. He thought of hanging out with his friends. Just as Luhan took out his phone, he remembered that both of his friends were busy. Sehun had basketball practice for the upcoming tournament next week and Minseok was at college as well. He frowned to himself as he realized he's pretty much a loner right now.

 

 

***

 

 

Library, SMU, Noon.

"How is it?" Minyoung asked in a quiet voice the moment she finds her best friend sitting alone in the library.

Hyerin brought her head up from the book to look at Minyoung with questioning eyes. "How's what?" She whispers back.

Minyoung groaned in annoyance making Hyerin flinch slightly in her seat. She sat on the chair beside Hyerin and turned it around to face her directly in the eyes. Hyerin furrowed her eyebrows seeing her friends weird behavior but decided to just keep quiet.

"Luhan, of course."

Hyerin almost chocked on her box of orange juice the moment she heard that boy's name being called and she earned a scowl from the people sitting a table away from hers. After mouthing her little apology she turned her gaze back at Minyoung. Her best friend was looking at her with full interest and it was clear that she was anticipating a good answer--or more like some hot news.

After fixing herself up in her seat Hyerin only answered a simple, "He's alright." She didn't notice the unpleased look on her best friends face.

Minyoung couldn't wait any longer. After their first night staying at the same house, there's got to be something that happened. She knows what Luhan is like and there's no way he'll do nothing when knowing there's a girl sleeping in a room across from his.

"Oh come on, there's gotta be something better than that." Minyoung slightly bumped onto Hyerin shoulder.

On the outside, it looked as if Hyerin completely ignored her. But actually, the memories of last night came rushing into Hyeri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter