Bros before.. Anything

The Former Casanova
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyerin slowly sat up from her bed and winced in pain before pressing her temple when she felt the huge throbbing inside her head. A quick recap of last night happened in her mind and honestly, she wasn't pleased with what she remembered. Last night was the first time in her life that she got drunk and so it was pretty understandable for her to go tipsy after the big gulp of alcohol the man forced on her. She couldn't explain how it tasted in a specific way but what she was sure of was that it tasted horrible--at least in her opinion.

After a while, she looked down at herself and realized that she was still in her clothes she wore the night before. She was still wearing her stockings and her coat was still tightly wrapped around her frame, the only change was that her bag was thrown carelessly beside her bed and she was no longer wearing her boots. A quick breath of relief escaped her lips as she closed her eyes to relax her thoughts. What she just saw assured her that nothing extremely bad happened when she was half unconsious. Hyerin was no longer seeing birds flying above her head, but she couldn't fight off the fact that she was currently going through the first hangover she has ever had. Worst of all, Luhan was the only person at home to take care of her.

She steadied herself as she tried to stand up. Walking felt harder than usual and it ended up with her constantly tripping over her feet whenever she took a step forwards. But when Hyerin turned her head after hearing a gentle knocking sound on her door, she tumbled to the floor and hit her arm on the bed frame. She didn't scream or let out any loud noises. Only a sharp hiss came out of when the pain hit her without any signs of warnings and the sudden shock from her arm washed over her body.

Hyerin sat back straight when another series of knocking was heard from outside the door. This time it came out a little louder, topping it off with the sound of Luhan's husky morning voice.

"Hyerin, are you awake yet? I made breakfast."

She didn't have any other choice but to ask for his help. Back in their first days of living together, she would prefer asking help from a wild monkey rather than from Luhan, but after what happened the other night, Hyerin's trust in Luhan somehow grew bigger. And now, she was sure there was something more to him hidden under his self-centered, aggressive and rudeness.

"Can you come inside? I need .. help." After rethinking about it a few times in her mind, Hyerin spokeout the words she wanted to say from the very start.

Without having to wait any longer, Luhan hesitantly opened up her white wooden door and let half his foot cross the line that marked Hyerin's territory. But when he saw her sitting down on the floor, legs slightly tucked in and bent to her side, Luhan couldn't help but run to her aid forgetting all about their boundaries.

", what happened? Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?" Luhan said hastily as he started examining every inch of her body.

He didn't know that the girl in front of him was staring softly as she studied his side profile. She already admitted than Luhan was no doubt handsome the first time they met, but because it was their first time being so close to each other, Hyerin couldn't stop herself from looking at his soft features. His long, thick and dark eyelashes and his dark brown eyes--they were almost fascinating, and to put it in one word, beautiful. If only he looked up it was certain that he'd be able to notice something else, a tinge of curiosity hidden behind her hazel eyes.

"I'm fine." Hyerin managed to utter. She tried to get up again and succeeded, thanks to Luhan who supported her by holding onto her arm.

"Can you walk?"

"Yes, I think I'm okay now."

Luhan slowly took his hand off of her, convincing himself that she was alright. She proved to him that she was really okay when she managed to walk towards her bathroom slowly, not perfectly, but still convincible.

Before her hand touched the cold, silver door-knob, she turned her head when Luhan spoke out a few words. "Come downstairs after you're done. I made some hangover soup for you. But if you still feel too tired to go down, just get some more rest and I'll bring it up."

She flashed him a weak smile before turning around and entering her bathroom.

She looked horrible; her whole face swollen, her eyes were reddening, her hair that seemed perfect yesterday was now all messy and sticking out everywhere, and somehow, the light layer of make-up she put on yesterday was smudged all over her face. And that was when it hit her. Luhan saw how ugly she looked this morning, yet, he didn't even the slightest bit.

After brushing her teeth and rinsing clean, Hyerin looked at the reflection of the broken girl in front of her. Luhan was acting different and she knew something was up. Before the whole insident, Hyerin could've sworn that if Luhan saw her looking like this he would've burst out laughing like a maniac and screaming out "You look like a hobo!" while pointing his finger at her. This time was different. For the first time ever, Luhan showed her affection. Whatever he did or changed about himself, she couldn't deny to herself that she liked it.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

"Woah there." Luhan rushed over to Hyerin when he saw her taking slow steps towards the kitchen.

"It's alright, I can manage." Hyerin assured him, "I'm just kind of dizzy, that's all."

"Alright then," Luhan said warily, releasing his hold of her, "Want some breakfast?"

She nodded softly before sitting herself up on the stool beside their counter that was built in the middle of the kitchen. Luhan was surely acting strange. He was doing many things she's never seen him do before--not that she dislikes it, it was just something she considered very new to her eyes.

He came back with the bowl of hangover soup and placed it in front of her. She never thought the day where she'd be face to face with the dish she tried to avoid will come, moreover in a stage so early in her life. Luhan propped his chin on his palm as he eyed her while a sweet smile playing on his lips. Although his expression was clear, she knew the meaning behind it was far too much of a different story.

"Here you go. Eat up."

Hyerin blinked at him twice before shrugging her thoughts away. Taking one slurp of the soup, her eyes grew wide as a satisfied smile curled up at the corner of her lips. She has never tried something like this in her life, because she always thought that hangover soup was for, well, people with a hangover so she never bothered trying it out. Even if she didn't know exactly how it was supposed to taste like, she was sure that the one Luhan made was able to get a 8/10 score in Masterchef Korea.

"So, what do you think?"

Hyerin brought her head up and saw Luhan looking down at her, face full of anticipation. God, he's really is good looking when he's not trying to undress her with his eyes.

"It's .. good." She smiled softly. And although it wasn't much, just being given the slightest bit of appreciation from Hyerin was more than enough.

Hyerin started feeling uncomfortable while she was sitting there eating her food. The reason was that she was fully aware of the pair of eyes looking straight at her. And believe me, they were very, very discomforting. It almost made her lose the appetite that was far above the clouds the moment she took her first spoon. Yes, Luhan was smiling at her, but that was pretty much the main reason why she wished she could retreat from the awkwardness that was only felt by her.

Hyerin cleared , "Aren't you going to have breakfast?" Her head was still looking down at the half eaten bowl of Luhan's delicious home-made soup.

"Me?" Luhan fidgeted a little before returning back to his previous position, "I already ate."

"Oh."

"So," Luhan began, making his way towards their big double door refridgerator. He opened it up before pausing to look back at Hyerin, "Want some juice? We've got apple and orange. Which one do you want?"

"Um.. orange please." He nodded once and took out the jug of orange juice before pouring it into an empty glass.

"Here you go." Luhan flashed her a smile as he placed the glass gently in front of her.

"Thanks." She smiled back.

Maybe something happened to Luhan that made him act unusual, or maybe he just changed because he just wanted to. But whatever the reason, it was able to make Hyerin feel butterfly's flying in the pit of her stomach. Whenever he flashed her that breath-tak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter