Stories and Rumors

#InARelationshipWithTheGhost

Sorry guys I haven't updated in a while. So I was kind of stuck when I wrote this chapter. I didn't know how I should write Jin’s murder story— whether having yoongi narrate it or use a flashback. But I've decided with this. I hope it's okay. 


“When will you be back?” A pair of eyes blinked curiously at the raven haired, “Where are you going again?” 

“I’ll be back at around six, I'm going to meet a friend.” The raven haired replied as he glanced at his wristwatch, other hand holding the doorknob, he stopped for a moment to look at the ghost still staring at him, for a moment he didn't want to leave. For a moment he just wanted to stay here and hug the spirit especially after what he had just discovered last night. But of course, he needed to meet up with someone so he just shrugged and asked, “Is there anything you'd like for me to bring when I get home?” 

“Well,” the ghost’s eyes lit up at the offer, “I want—“

“Let me guess, pizza?” Jungkook raised an eyebrow, his lips formed into a small smile. 

“Yes!” Seokjin nodded happily, “And I found something new on the commercial and I like to have a taste of those things they call s’mores.” 

Jungkook nodded at the other before he said, “Alright, I'll bring them back later.” When he was about to leave, he was reminded of something so he peeked back at the ghost and said, “Don’t you dare touch my laptop by the way. And don't change my wallpaper to Disney Princess again.”  

The ghost gasped comically, “How did you know I was planing to do that? Wait, how did you even know it was me?” 

“Who else would do such thing? There's only you and me here and you were the one who went upstairs first last night.” Jungkook lightly scolded the other, “I can read your mind.” 

“You're a magician!” Seokjin floated towards him and gestured animatedly as he spoke, “Just like how you made the black glass into a television—“

“Not this nonsense again.” 

“And now you can read minds!” The ghost was in awe, “What do they call that again? Telepathy?” 

“I don't know about that but I call it intuition.” Jungkook countered, suppressing a tired sigh, “I had a feeling you'd do it. Anyway, we’ll talk later. I'm almost late with my meeting.” 

“Oh.” Seokjin suddenly looked sad that Jungkook really was tempted not to leave. But the look on the forlorn face turned  into an excited smile, “Make sure to bring with you those I asked okay?” 

“Yup.” Was all Jungkook replied before he bid a small goodbye and left. He then received a text from Yoongi that stated that they change their location and meet up at Pizza Peel because Hoseok wanted to meet Yoongi. Jungkook agreed because it would be easier for him to buy Seokjin’s pizza afterwards. 

It took him longer than expected because he couldn't get a cab, then there was a huge traffic and he got stuck in it. When he finally arrived at Pizza Peel, he saw Yoongi sitting at the corner staring at his wrist watch. Jungkook gulped, staring at his own watch worriedly before he sped towards his friend’s table. 

I’m forty-seven minutes late. Just great. 

“I'm so sorry for being late hyung.” Jungkook immediately said as he sat in front of his friend, earning a slightly surprised look from the other before it turned nonchalant and nodded at him, “I was stuck in a traffic.” 

“It's alright.” Yoongi nodded as he looked around, “Now’s better anyway. The restaurant was packed earlier. There's fewer people now.” 

“That's right.” Jungkook looked around to observe as well. For a pizza shop, this place sure is popular. But then they do have great pizzas— and other food, he recalled. Oh right, they're most known for Pizza but they sell other meals also. Hey, is that s’mores? Jungkook observed as the said dessert was served to a customer two tables away from them. Well that makes things easier for me then. 

“I normally don't mind if you keep staring like an idiot there but I don't have all the time now.” Yoongi’s raspy voice woke him up from his thoughts and he diverted his attention the the man in front of him. He said a small apology before he gestured the other to continue. 

“Now, where do I start?” Yoongi asked, more likely to himself. He then gestured at Jungkook, “Well, why don't you ask me what you want to know then?” 

“Who murdered Jin?” Jungkook asked immediately. That was his biggest question since last night and the rest followed, “How is Jimin his brother? How was he killed? And for what reason? Why would someone kill him? Was this person arrested? Wh—“ 

“Slow down. I can't keep up with your questions, kid.” Yoongi glared at him before he sighed, “Well, how about this? You tell me what you know about Seokjin first. Like his family background or anything?” 

“Well, what I know is that he said he had a brother who was two years older than me. You told me yesterday it was Jimin. But he also told me that his mother died when he was nine due to cancer. No, wait.” Jungkook stopped himself, “That was not his real mother. He said he was adopted by his mother’s best friend after she died giving birth to him. That means Jimin isn't really his brother, right?” 

“But they still consider each other as brothers.” Yoongi continued for him, “Jimin treasured Seokjin more than anything and it was the same for Seokjin. They protected and took care of each other after Mrs. Park’s death. I—“ Yoongi suddenly paused, thinking deeply. He looked like he wanted to say something but was debating whether he should say it or not. “I was their friend.” 

“You were friends with Seokjin when he was alive?” Jungkook found himself asking immediately. 

“I was more of an acquaintance with Seokjin. I was closer with Jimin. But I knew that Seokjin was a good person.” Yoongi said and there was some kind of emotion in his face that Jungkook thought was regret, “He—“ Yoongi sighed and looked at Jungkook in the eyes— the raven haired was surprised to see so many emotions reflecting them, “I couldn't see him most of the time though but I knew he was a good person.” 

Yoongi paused, thinking for a while, before he sighed and straightened his back. His eyes met with Jungkook’s before he started narrating. 

(The rest here is Yoongi’s point of view back to the time when Seokjin’s still alive)

It was Tuesday and Yoongi was tapping on his desk impatiently. Yesterday, Jimin was absent again. He gnawed his lips as his thoughts were bombarded by negative scenarios. Like what if Jimin got in an argument with his father again, or he was lost or maybe it was something that had to do with his brother again. His thoughts were disturbed, however, when the person in his mind sat beside him. He blinked before his eyes traveled to the person beside him and he scanned the shorter boy’s face in an instant as he looked for bruises. 

“He didn't hit me. Don't worry.” Jimin replied but tears swelled in his eyes, “Jin-hyung took the hit for me. H-he locked hyung in there again.” 

Yoongi wordlessly patted his friend as he sobbed, “I stayed home the whole day yesterday to make sure that Jin-hyung wouldn't be lonely. I slept outside the door last night so hyung won't be alone. This morning,” Jimin hiccuped, now he was covering his face, “Father decided to be kind enough to release Jin-hyung. But hyung had a difficulty walking and he had bruises on his face. He couldn't work today.” 

Seokjin, at the young age of sixteen, started working to suffice for both him and Jimin. After their mother’s death, their father changed drastically. It had started slowly like he just snapped a lot, went home drunk, and was impatient. Then it suddenly got worse when he started locking them up— most of the time Seokjin— in that dark room near the stairs. Then he forced Seokjin out of school to start working— Jimin wanted to help his hyung but Seokjin insisted that he continue his education especially when his father was still willing to support him. 

Jimin was aware of the unequal treatment between them. He was aware that his father treated his hyung that way because he was adopted. He just couldn't do anything back when his mother was still alive. Lately though, his father has been beating Seokjin up and locking him in the room and sometimes not giving him food. Jimin secretly gives food for his brother though. 

Yoongi was aware of all of this. Jimin had informed him. He tried convincing Jimin to run away from home but he wouldn't leave without his hyung. At that time, Jimin had a perfect chance to run away when his father was in the locked room with Seokjin. Jimin was sobbing in the phone as he talked to Yoongi, his brother’s pained scream and his father’s angry shouts were at the background. The next option was to report their father. It failed. Because his father was an influential man. He had many connections especially with his wealth— something Jimin was surprised and angry with. His father had been hiding a huge amount of money and hadn't been sharing it with the family. 

Apparently, his father had another woman he's been seeing even before his mother died. 

“I know you don't want to Jimin.” Yoongi spoke as he rubbed Jimin’s back, “But you could escape. Don't come home right now. You can come back for your brother some other time.” 

“No.” Jimin shook his head, “I won't leave hyung alone.” The other gulped for a moment before he nervously looked at Yoongi, “Yoongi-hyung, don't tell anyone but I'm thinking of dropping out of school.” 

Yoongi was surprised but he understood the younger’s intentions, “You want to help your hyung?” Jimin nodded. However, the elder shook his head in disapproval, “That won't help at all. You're going to make things worse instead. Trust me.” 

“I had convinced Jimin not to stop his education that time.” Yoongi spoke. “So he endured everything until he finished high school, I graduated earlier than him but I made sure to talk to him everyday. Not much changed after that, as much as possible they tried to avoid their father’s wrath so beatings and getting locked up were minimal.” 

Jungkook was frozen in his place as he listened to the story. His blood boiled in anger as he listened to the story. He can't believe that Seokjin was treated that way. That's just unfair. No one deserves a treatment like that, especially someone like Seokjin. His heart swelled and at the moment, he wanted to punch something, someone— preferably a bastard who called himself a father.

“But then two years passed, it was Jimin’s seventeenth birthday but he didn't want to do anything about it. He preferred not to celebrate when his brother is not going to enjoy it. I wanted to surprise him but decided against it.” Yoongi spoke, “Then I suddenly got a call that night. I thought it was Jimin but I was surprised when I heard an unfamiliar voice. It was Seokjin. He asked me if I could pick Jimin up, their father was on a business trip but they knew that it was with his other woman. He said he wanted Jimin to have fun since it was opportunity, it was his birthday after all.” 

“Seokjin…” Jungkook whispered under his breath as he clenched his fists. 

“I didn't agree at first especially when Jimin didn't want to celebrate. But  Seokjin is quite good at convincing people and he had me convinced to sneak inside their house that night and bring Jimin with me. Jimin and I celebrated that night and it was the first time I had seen Jimin smile happily in years.” Yoongi explained before he breathed heavily, “Seokjin decided to stay home in case so that someone would watch over the house, he also didn't want to go out but he wanted Jimin out of the gloomy house even just for a night.” 

“It's already twelve, Yoongi-hyung.” Jimin said as he looked at his hyung, “I should go home. Let's bring some food for Jin-hyung too. He must be hungry.”

Before Jimin could leave, Yoongi grabbed him, “Jimin, I know I've said this a thousand times or even more but I'll say it again. Run away, come with me. I could bring you and your brother in a much safer place.” 

“But—“

“Now is the perfect chance, can't you see?” Yoongi spoke, “You're father is not around, you have enough time to pack your things and leave. We could take the bus and travel back to Daegu.” 

It didn't take long for Yoongi to convince Jimin, a smile on both their faces. Yoongi remembered how Jimin smiled all the way back home that night, it was almost one. The younger had been so excited at the thought of leaving the house and escaping with his hyung. They were both going to be safe. 

However, when they arrived the house, the two was surprised to see the door unlocked. “Maybe hyung forgot to lock the door?” 

Suddenly, they heard the sound of breaking glasses and what sounded like a man shouting profanities. Jimin’s blood turned cold when he realized that it was his father, he turned to Yoongi, “You need to leave. Father won't be happy if he sees you here, I'll handle this.” 

“But I thought he was supposed to be in a business trip?” Yoongi asked before he grabbed Jimin, “You can't go in. What if he’ll—“ 

“What if he’ll kill Hyung?” Jimin cut him off before he harshly shrugged Yoongi’s hold and ran inside the house for his hyung. Yoongi was frozen in place there, unsure what to do. He wanted to help but he doubted if he could do much. He felt like a bystander as he listened to the chaos from the outside. He mildly wondered why the neighbors didn't seem to react to all the ruckus. 

But then Jimin’s father his ways with his money. Maybe they were paid not to mind? His thoughts were cut off when he heard a loud noise. A noise that he often heard in movies. He felt his heart stop right there. He heard a gunshot. 

Yoongi stopped there. 

Jungkook’s eyes were wide as he listened, then suddenly his anger worsened and he was starting to get irrational as he glared at Yoongi, “Why didn't you help? You could've at least done something and not just stood there!” 

“I know. I regretted it.” Yoongi spoke, sounding guilty, “But I was stupid back then. I froze on the spot. I didn't know what I should do, I mean, you would too. I wasn't trained to fight or anything, I just had a tough demeanor. You can't expect me to fearlessly just walk in and interfere.” 

“But—“

“Hey, Yoongi and Jungkook!” Two heads turned when they heard their names and saw Hoseok in a waiter’s uniform waving at them, “You guys haven't ordered anything at all and the shop’s closing you know.”

“Wha—“ Jungkook glanced at his wristwatch, “But it's just one in the afternoon.” 

“Yeah, sorry for the inconvenience.” Hoseok scratched his head apologetically, “Mom’s holding a party with our relatives tonight so were closing the place earlier and prepare it for the event.” 

“Ah! Hoseok-hyung.” Jungkook called as he suddenly recalled, “Is it too late to order something for a take-out?” 

“Well, since you're my friend and a loyal customer.” Hoseok grinned, “Why not?” He then took out a pen to take Jungkook’s orders before he just laughed and said, “Forget formality, your just my friend anyway. So what do you want?” 

“Just four boxes of Hawaiian Pizza, s’mores and a liter of coke please.” Jungkook replied, leading Hoseok to laugh and comment about his big appetite. The raven haired then turned his attention to Yoongi who sat in front of him. Before he could voice out a question, the elder stood up. 

“I'm leaving early now.” He said, “I have to go somewhere so if you would please excuse me.” He moved out and nodded to Hoseok, “Thanks for letting me stay.” Before he hurriedly left. 

“Wait, don't— I'm not done yet.” Jungkook tried to go after the other, “I still have questions!” 

Yoongi didn't even give him a glance and left immediately. As Jungkook was about to leave, Hoseok called for him, 

“Jungkook, what about your order?” The man then smiled, “Don't you want to stay with Hobi?”

"Hyung..." Jungkook whispered as he hesitantly sat down on his chair. Maybe he should just let Yoongi go for now, he acted a little bit out of character there. He should just calm down and wait for another time. He regretted that he raised his voice towards his hyung but his mind was a mess. 

He didn't notice it when Hoseok sat across him, on the chair where Yoongi sat earlier. "Is there anything troubling you, Jungkook?"

Jungkook stared wide-eyed at his hyung before he shook his head. Then he suddenly had a question in mind, "Hyung, how long have you known Jimin-hyung and Yoongi-hyung?"

"Well, how long?" Hoseok furrowed his eyebrows as he thought, "I think about two years now. Yup I remember meeting them when I served food for them two years ago. That was when this shop first opened!"

"Oh." Was all Jungkook could reply. He thought Hoseok knew the two longer and maybe the other knew a bit about Seokjin. Guess not. "Hey, Hyung. How long have you stayed here in Seoul?"

"I've stayed here all my life!" Hoseok grinned, "Never left this city unless it's a trip. Basically, in the group, the ones who stayed the longest here in Seoul is Namjoon and I. Taehyung moved in three years ago, I think. Jimin and Yoongi followed a year later."

"Are you sure hyung? I think you're mistaken." Jungkook said, perplexed because he was so sure that Jimin and Yoongi stayed long in Seoul, "Don't you think they've stayed here for like four or more years?"

"Why do you think so?"

"Because Yoongi-hyung said so!" Jungkook replied. 

"He did?"

"Well, not really. But he implied that."

"Really? What did he say?"

"That..." Jungkook paused, he can't tell Hoseok about Seokjin. Or how they were talking about his death. So he decided to evade it, "Hey hyung, if you've stayed here long, then you must've heard something about you know, the rumors about a ghost in my house? I heard from..err.. someone that the owner of that house died four years ago. Is it true?"

"I'm not really in to those stories but from what I knew, yeah that house has been abandoned for four years but I didn't know anything about the owner dying. Where did you hear that?" Hoseok furrowed his eyebrows, "From what I've heard, the previous owner was a business man who lived a simple life with his only son. But his son strangely disappeared one day— people suspected that he was kidnapped. The man mourned and moved away to another country and no one heard about him except that he remarried."

"That's it? There's no news about anyone shot dead or found a dead body?" Jungkook asked, rasing his eyebrows.

"What no? Where did you hear that? That's absurb!" Hoseok laughed, "You must've heard it from one of those people who fabricate stories. Trust me, don't believe them. There was once that one accused that he knew Jimin yet Jimin denied it because come on, he just moved in the city that time. Also, Yoongi was also accused to have been in an assylum once."

Jungkook blinked at those, "He was?"

"Yeah, it was hilarious though kind of stupid." Hoseok shook his head, "That weirdo accused Yoongi of having shot someone in the head. It was hilarious, you must've seen Yoongi's horrified face. That was one of those rare moments where you see him react." the man stopped laughing before he excused himself and went to the counter. He went back to Jungkook with his order," Your order's here and as much as I like to speak with you, we really need to close the restaurant now."

"I understand." Jungkook replied and stood to take the food. He paid Hoseok before he left shortly with a thank you and goodbye. He immediately called for a taxi and rushed his way home. Right now, he wanted to ask Seokjin some things.


That's it. Sorry guys I know this chapter wasn't much. By the way if you're curious of how Jinkook looks like in this fic, it's here. 

Thank you for commenting, subscribing, reading and for those who upvoted <3 Jinkook <3