Story of the past

#InARelationshipWithTheGhost

Hello guys! Do you still remember this fic? XD sorry for being inactive >: but here's an update ^_^

The first part is from Jimin’s flashback, after that, we’ll get Jungkook who finally knew about everything. Much like how Yoongi told Jungkook his story. There's a flashback at first, and whatever was in the flashback was what he told Jungkook. Idk if I'm understood but just read :) thank you ♥


How do we stop ourselves from living?

A lonesome boy walked through the hallways with his head low, staring at his own feet. He was not mindful of the people that pass, nor that someone had accidentally bumped on his shoulder and had apologized. His eyes were soulless as he emerged himself on his thoughts.

Why can't we just stop breathing?

He dreaded at the thought of coming home— knowing what awaited him. No, he was not hurt physically nor abused, but he was still in pain. He berated himself for that. He wasn't the one locked up and abused yet why did it hurt so much?

Is it possible to  will our own hearts to stop beating?

He reached the end of the hallways as he exits the building and the sun harshly shined upon him. He didn't even flinch, even if he hated the heat. Hated. That's how it was before. Now, he can't feel anything. Too numb. His feet moved forward without a destination. He didn't want to go home but there was nowhere else he could go. So he just let his feet step forward and bring him somewhere.

And just end our lives and our sufferings immediately.

He wanted nothing more than to just drop dead. To give up everything. It just hurts so much that he wanted nothing more than to just die— to end the pain. He suddenly felt an impact on his head and before he could realize it, he found himself lying on the floor, dizzy. He heard muffled voices and footsteps run towards him.

“Are you okay?” A raspy voice could be heard. From what he could see— basketball shoes, the sports ball rolling on the ground beside him. Was he hit by the ball? He wanted to not move from his place and just close his eyes there. He was too tired. But the other helped him up and brought him to the clinic, apologizing the whole time he was carrying him. That encounter changed everything.

That was how he first met Min Yoongi.

The boy had become his friend, though it started more because the other was guilty though he didn't say it but it was obvious. He just looked so much in pain that Yoongi was afraid that it might have been because he was hit too hard. Little did Yoongi know that he was hurting more inside than the lump on his head. But as time together progressed, they had started becoming closer. Yoongi knew more about him, supported him, took care of him and was there to guide him. He stopped him from doing anything he would regret and helped him grow stronger. Or at least that's what he believed.

As years pass, they were no longer little children and they were about to graduate from middle school. In the next year, they would be high schools. That time, he had realized that he had feelings for his best friend, Yoongi. He kept quiet about it, afraid that his friend would find him disgusting. But when he thought that he was so good at hiding it, he was proven wrong one Saturday night when his brother was out of his room and with him.

His brother was sitting on their sofa and his head was on his brother’s lap. They just spent the whole day being lazy and just spending the rare times they had together, without their father terrorizing them. With an endearing smile, his brother asked in a soft voice, “Chim, when can I meet this lucky person?”

Confused, the said boy asked, “What are you talking about, Jin-hyung?” Though he'd be lying if he said that he wasn't nervous. Does hyung know?

“You know,” Seokjin said, shrugging, “I'm just asking who's your crush.”

He knows! He knows something!

“What are you talking about, hyung? I have no crush.” He had said, though the blush on his cheeks had said otherwise.

“Is it Yoongi?” His brother asked, laughing slightly as his cheeks turned redder at the moment. He wondered if he had looked stupid that moment.

“H-how did you know?”

“Just a wild guess. Besides, his name is the only thing coming out of your mouth when I ask you about school.” The other laughed slightly as he shook his head, “Ah, my baby brother is becoming an adult. You should study first.”

“Stop saying that, hyung!” He whined, face and ears turned as red as tomatoes as he averted his eyes away from his own brother’s knowing smile, “Even if you say that I have a crush on Yoongi-hyung, it's not like he feels the same. I mean, he obviously prefers girls.”

“Well, I think he adores you.” Jin replied confidently, “I mean who wouldn't adore you? You're smart, talented and cute. Just look at you, he must be blind if he isn't attracted to you in the slightest.”

“That's not true, hyung. It isn't like that. He adores girls.” He sighed, feeling deflated, “He prefers those curves than these chubby fats I have—“

“You're not fat.” Jin pointed out. He just chose to ignore his brother and continued.

“And besides you haven't even seen him before so how could you say that he adores me?”

“I just know.” Jin smiled, “He seems to care a lot about you. I mean, don't tell me it means nothing when he calls you at late hours talking about whatever you two were talking about, right?”

“That's what friends do!” He defended and sat up from his position to face his brother, glaring though it held no malice, “That doesn’t mean anything, hyung.”

“Trust me, it does. Besides I never said that that's all he does, right?” Jin laughed before he winked, “Trust me, he adores you. Hyung knows best.”

He could only look away in embarrassment that time, he remembered wanting to dig a hole and hide there forever. Part of him was happy though due to two reasons. One being his hyung giving him hope that Yoongi might reciprocate his feelings and two being the fact that he and his hyung are spending time together, being happy. He wished it was always like this. The moment was short-lived and his wish crushed when his father came home drunk again that night.

He hasn't seen nor held his brother over two weeks and only talked to him through the other side of the door. His father had locked his hyung up again and during the times his father unlocked the door to give food for his hyung out, he was at school. He couldn't even steal a glance and he craved for to see and hug his hyung like he usually does. He remembered how he talked to Yoongi and confessed that he was planning to quit school and help his hyung. Of course, Yoongi convinced him not to do so and thus, he proceeds with his studies.

It took a few months after that, he realized that his hyung was saying the truth. It seemed that Yoongi shared the same feelings with him. One afternoon when the older man finished with his basketball practice, he confessed to him. He remembered how fast his heart was beating, how hot his face was and how he stuttered out a reply.

He came home with a smile and a story to tell for his brother.

Jin had beamed at his good news and wished him and Yoongi the best. His hyung had supported him and even covered up for him. His father obviously wouldn't like it if he discovered that he liked guys and was dating one. The secret was kept for a year as he and Yoongi dated in secret.

On the day of their first year anniversary, Yoongi had wanted to bring him somewhere but he had declined, saying that he'd rather stay with his brother. Yoongi, though disappointed, was understanding and had agreed. They just spend their anniversary with a shared kiss before they parted ways to return to their perspective homes.

He had been so surprised that night when Jin knocked on his room and told him to spend the night with Yoongi.

“But I can't do that, hyung.” He shook his head, heart clenching, “I don't want to leave you here alone.”

“It'll be okay.” Jin smiled, “I talked with Yoongi-ah over the pho—“

“He called?” He was surprised. He thought that Yoongi understood!

“No,” Jin shook his head, “I'm the one who called him.”

“You did?” He asked, confusion apparent, “But why?”

“Today is your anniversary, Chim. Do you think your hyung would forget?” Jin laughed a bit before he told the other, “It's your’s and Yoongi’s day. You should spend it together.”

“But—“

“Don't worry about me.” Jin smiled, as he pulled him of the bed and started shoving clothes for him, “Yoongi-ah will be coming over in a few minutes, I'll cover up for you in case dad asks.”

“But what if he hurts you?”

“Don't worry. He's fast asleep. He won't wake up til tomorrow.” Jin replied, “Don't think of anything. Just enjoy your time with Yoongi-ah today. Hyung will wait for you.”

As Jin silently opened the door and they both stealthily walked passed the small hallways and down the stairs without making a sound, he found himself questioning how his brother convinced Yoongi to agree. His boyfriend would never do anything to put him in danger so why did he agree to this?

“What did you say to Yoongi-hyung, hyung?” He whispered to Jin once they reached the front door. “He would never take risks like this just for a date.”

“Well, I kind of lied to him.” Jin grinned slightly, “Told him that father was out on a business trip and that it'd be okay to bring you out.”

After a conversation, mostly of him lightly scolding yet thanking Jin– even offering to bring him out but was declined– he left the house with Yoongi, promising to come home right after their small time together. That night, he had talked with his boyfriend. The other tried to persuade him to leave home and run away to Daegu with him especially that this is his and Jin’s chance of escape with their father out of the house. Of course, he knew that that's not really true since his brother lied and his father is just at home. He decided not to point that out to Yoongi though.

He had shunned away all of his boyfriend’s suggestion of escaping. He thought that it would be impossible and dangerous. But as they go deeper into their conversation, the idea of running away grew tempting. After debating with himself for a long time, he had agreed to take the risky move.

With a heavy heart, filled with worries and doubts though there was an underlying excitement at the thought of leaving his father and starting a new life with just Jin and Yoongi, he was deep in thought on the way back home. When he was back, however, he was surprised to see the door opened– familiar screams and the sound of shattered glass, things throw against the wall reached his ears. His heart heated faster as he tried to run into the house, only to be stopped by his own boyfriend telling him it was dangerous.

They had argued briefly before he forcefully released himself from Yoongi’s grasp and dashed inside. As he went in, he took a brief glance over the broken shards of glass from the frames and the glass table, the couch they had spent time with before was torn and upside down. The once perfectly painted walls had been marred now and his heart sank at the red hue painting on it. As well as the droplets of blood on the ground.

His eyes traveled through the familiar closed door, where most of the sounds came. Usually, their voices would be muffled, but it seemed that there was a huge crack on the door and he could hear them clearer. He stood there frozen for a moment, unable to do anything before he gathered the courage to enter inside the dreaded room for the first time.

It was basically an empty room. Except for the fact that there were shackles in there. His heart dropped at the thought that his brother was probably shackled several times there. Was that the reason why he wore long sleeves even on hot days? But he didn't dwell long in that thought as he heard a crash and he spun to see that across the room was his brother on the floor, splintered pieces of wood and a broken chair beside him. Their father was pointing a gun towards with a feral look on his face.

His mind was blank and it was all a blur.

He never recalled a time his heart had beaten as fast as it had that day.

He remembered that he had all but dashed towards the scene.

Tried to take away the gun from his father’s grasp.

But in his struggle, the trigger had been pulled.

And before he knew it,

His brother was bleeding.

 

 

 

He couldn't take it. The guilt was too much. He had killed his own brother. The guilt had was too much that it had driven him to the brink of madness. He had tried to take his life away. Several times. Yoongi had helped him cover up the case. Had taken him to Daegu where he changed his name and identity. He tried his best to forget the past yet it still haunts him.

“I came  back because I thought that I should do some repenting. That I should try and move on and finish my studies and become what I aspire to be.” Jimin said, head hung low, “But when I look at what was once our home, the memories I've had with Jin-hyung just keeps coming back and that time comes to me and I just can't— I feel guilty all over again and I—“

Bringing his hand up to cover his face, he released a frustrated sigh before he glanced up to see Jungkook with a strange look on his face. Jimin wanted to ask him but he decided not to pry.

They both sat in silence for a good while, and during that silence, Jimin had cleared his head enough to realize his previous actions as well as how the sky was dark and it was probably late. The quietness has been disrupted when Jungkook spoke, however.

“If you don't mind me asking, Jimin-hyung.” Jungkook started, staring at Jimin as the latter stared back. It was the first time they shared eye contact for the whole duration of Jimin’s misery. And gazing directly in Jungkook's eyes, Jimin saw an emotion in there but he couldn't fathom. “Do you believe in ghosts?”

What?

That question was something Jimin didn't expect and was totally unrelated and just random. Or that's why Jimin thought. “No, yes, maybe? I'm not sure.”

“I'll assume a yes.” Jungkook said, “if they exist right now, why do you think they are what they are, hyung? Isn't it supposed to be that the dead would be sent somewhere else like the purgatory, heaven or hell?”

“I suppose so. But I don't really believe in a god or any religion in general so I know less about damnation of the soul or the like.” Jimin shrugged, “we can never be certain what would happen to us after death. But if I were to base according to what I've heard, ghosts remain in Earth when they have unfulfilled duties or something. Why are you asking this, by the way?”

Jungkook did not offer a reply, instead the silence was back as the younger stared down on his feet and bit his bottom lip as he thought deeply. After contemplating, Jungkook raised his head, “Jimin-hyung. If your brother became a ghost, what do you think would be the causes? What would be his ‘unfulfilled duties’?”

“What are you trying to say, Jungkook?” Jimin looked suspiciously at the younger, “Is there something you haven't told me?”

He was met with another silence.

“The rumors about a ghost.” Jimin continued, “Are you trying to tell me something? Like are you implying to me that the ghost in the house is…” Jimin trailed, hesitant to say the name.

“What if that's what I'm trying to say, hyung?” Jungkook asked, “What if I told you that the ghost in the house is real? And that said ghost is your brother, Kim Seokjin?”

“Then I'd hit you head hard so you'd stop your nonsense and wake up.” Jimin spat, uncharacteristically. He stood abruptly and glared down a Jungkook. But his eyes softened after a moment, “Ghosts don't exist Jungkook. I’m not a believer in religion  but I don't believe in the absurd thought of souls roaming around the surface of the earth.”

“Jimin-hyung…” Jungkook trailed, unsure how to speak but he was cut off. Jimin stood to say an apology for bothering him as well as the others and bid a short farewell and good night.

 

 

 

 

“I'm sorry I couldn't get what you requested, Jin.” Jungkook smiled apologetically. “Some things happened.”

“It's okay. I'm more worried on the fact that you arrived this late.”Seokjin said before he placed both his hands on his hips, “What happened, by the way?  It's dangerous to be out this late, Jeon Jungkook. Don't tell me you were partying with your friends or something? This is not a good habit. We should place a curfew or I'll lock you out—“

“I'm fine, Jin. Geez, you sound like a mom.” Jungkook shook his head and laughed. Seokjin pouted in return and the younger felt warmth inside of him because the other was too adorable. But the question earlier entered his thoughts and he was hesitant whether to ask or not. But then, he would get nothing if he wouldn't ask and it was bothering him deep inside so he decided to voice out, “Seokjin, do you have wishes that you wish to fulfill but haven't because you died?”

A part of Jungkook wanted to take the question back or maybe just rephrase it because there was a change in Seokjin’s light expression. He looked like he was in between sadness and longing.

“I didn't really have much when I was alive,” Seokjin spoke and Jungkook felt a tug in his heart because he understood completely, “But there was one thing that I wish I had done and have regretted it.”

“What is it?” Jungkook inquired.

“You see, it was my dream to see my brother graduate on college. I secretly saved money for him, you know.” Seokjin smiled happily before it became smaller and there was a hint of sadness and regret, “I wasn't able to give it to him and there were so many things I wanted to tell him but now, I can't.”

“You want to speak with your brother.” Jungkook said. “Is that all? You don't want to look for your body or you know, find justice?”

“What's the point of it all?” Seokjin asked, looking at Jungkook, “I'm dead. Finding my body or obtaining justice don't matter to me anymore. I can't benefit from that.”

He paused for a moment before looking at Jungkook, “And since you've asked questions, it's time that I asked mine.”

“Go ahead.”

“Why are you asking me these?” Seokjin inquired, “Are you planning on something?”

“Yes I am.” Jungkook said with a smile,”But I won't tell you.”

“Is that so?” Seokjin hummed, “I don't think you need to tell me though. I already have an idea of that it’s about.”

“Then that's better now.” Jungkook smiled.

Seokjin stared at Jungkook for a moment, there was something in his eyes that made Jungkook fidget. But the ghost just smiled before he walked forward and hugged the human, completely shocking the raven. He didn't expect Seokjin to initiate a hug. But the ghost leaned near his ear and whispered, “I appreciate the thought, but I don't think it's necessary.”

Jungkook blinked at those words, “You don't want to?”

“Maybe, maybe not. I'm not sure.” Seokjin said, burying his face on Jungkook’s neck, inhaling the strong addicting scent from the other, engraving it in his memory, “I don't want to talk to him but…”

“But?”

“I know that I won't be wanting what will happen next.” The ghost tightened his grip, “Jungkook, there's somehting I want to tell you.”

“What is it?”

Seokjin pulled away slowly. His head bowed as his eyes shifted hesitantly, biting his bottom lip as he was nervous to say something. He started fiddling with his fingers as he fidgeted, a blush adorning his cheeks and his ears red.

“Seokjin? Is something wro—“

Jungkook's words were cut off when he felt something soft pressed against his lips. His mind went blank and he stood frozen for a moment. The softness against his lips were cold but he felt warmth spread throughout the his body. It wasn't until he felt a tongue shyly asking for an entrance that he reacted. Opening his mouth and responding to the kiss. He felt Seokjin’s cold hands caress his cheeks as he wrapped his toned arms around the ghost’s waist. He titled his head to deepen the kiss and Seokjin moaned in his mouth.

They pulled away after a few moments, both panting a bit as their cheeks were red. It was then that Jungkook had registered it. They just kissed. He has just kissed Seokjin.

He kissed Seokjin.

“Jungkook,” Seokjin started, looking away slightly, “I-I lik— no, I love you.”

Suddenly, he was bombarded by different emotions altogether. He felt joy, happiness, a warmth in him spread. He was smiling wide as he pulled the blushing ghost in his arms. He was overwhelmed at the thought that the ghost reciprocated his feelings that he couldn't quite control his behavior nor could he stop his smiles from widening even more.

But deep in his heart, there was a lingering emotion that blossomed and it made him ache.


Sorry if this was short guys. It’s been so long since I’ve written for this story that I had to reread some chapters xD My writing abilities have deteriorated omg xD Thank you for reading, subscribing, commenting and upvoting <3