Ghosts hate Halloween

#InARelationshipWithTheGhost

Here’s another update guys. Once again, typed in mobile and in the airport. Because I'm done with the check up and going home. I just felt like I wanted to write something about Halloween between these two idiots.you guys are aware about Jungkook’s love for horror and Seokjin admitting that he can't stand them cause he might faint xD well here's the chapter :D


It all started from an encounter his new friend.

 Jungkook was purchasing everything from the grocery list— only one-fourth of the list was Jungkook’s and their needs. The rest was Seokjin’s request. When he was finished, he pushed the cart and queued to pay. When he arrived at the cashier, he was surprised to see a familiar face. 

“Hi! Jungkook?” The cashier smiled at him, “Grocery shopping?” 

“Yeah.” Jungkook smiled and he tried to remember the latter’s name, “Jimin, right?” 

“That’s my name.” The said man laughed, “Quite a lot.” 

“Yeah.” Jungkook looked away, He must think that I'm a glutton. 

“That's a lot of sweets.” Jimin observed, “Is it for Halloween or do you just love sweets?” 

“For Halloween.” Jungkook lied, For a ghost living in my house

Jimin laughed as he started working. He paused when he was about to pack the strawberry ice cream. “You like these?” 

“Huh? Uh yeah.” Jungkook replied, though he was not really a fan of that flavor. Seokjin was the one who wanted them. He had even specified the flavor in capital letters. “Is there something wrong?” 

“Nothing. I like them too but k haven't eaten them in a while.” Jimin replied and Jungkook noticed a change in his expression as he continued on with the next items. The raven haired was curious and he wanted to ask but he didn't want to seem annoying. But then curiosity got the best of him and he blurted out before he even realized, “Is there something wrong?” 

Jimin looked up, surprised. Jungkook almost wanted to smack himself but he kept quiet and tried to act calm. The other gave a nervous laugh and said, “It’s nothing. It's just that…” Jimin looked away, “You remind me of someone. He used to eat all these things.”

“Oh…” Jungkook said, feeling awkward. He tried to think of another topic to talk about so that he could get to know his friend better. “So, I heard that you wanted to be a lawyer.” 

“Yeah, I do.” Jimin replied with a smile, “I want to make sure that everyone gets the justice they deserve. That's also why I'm working part time here. For tuition and all.” 

“I see.” Jungkook said, “How about your parents? Are they okay with you working here and with your course?” Jungkook regretted asking because Jimin’s expression darkened, “It doesn't matter anymore. I haven't talked to them in years.” 

“Oh.” Jungkook said. A part of him wanted to apologize for asking but he couldn't. He just stood there awkwardly waiting for Jimin. 

“This is a lot.” Jimin laughed once he finished, as he finished and handed Jungkook his groceries, “Thanks for shopping here!” 

Jungkook just smiled in return before he left, carrying the groceries out of the department store. He wasn't sure if he should use his time to venture around the mall or just call a cab and go home immediately. The thought of the ghost waiting alone made Jungkook choose the latter immediately, that is until he saw another familiar face. 

“Taehyung?” Jungkook called, succefully getting the attention of said person who beamed at him. 

“Jungkook! Hey!” The man grinned at him and gave him a small hug before pulling away and dragging him towards a store filled with gloomy and haunted decorations, “Good timing! I was looking for decorations for Halloween— my mother thought of throwing a party by the way, you should come! Or wait, are you going to throw a party too?” At this, Taehyung stopped on his tracks and faced Jungkook with a hopeful expression, “Halloween would totally be nice at your place! I mean people still believe that it's a haunted house! You should use that to your advantage!” 

“No, no.” Jungkook shook his head, “I don't think that's a good idea.” 

“Why not?” Taehyung tilted his head in question, eyes wide. It was cute yet strange when you consider how his deep voice didn't suit the image at the moment. “I mean, it's Halloween! Who doesn't celebrate Halloween? And look at all those stuff your bringing— are those candies? Man, you must be prepared for the trick or treating, huh?” 

“No, these are uh…” Jungkook trailed, How do I say it? It's not like I can just tell him ‘No, it's for a gluttonous ghost I'm living with.’ Can't I? 

“But even if you're not throwing a party, a few decorations won't hurt, right?” Taehyung nudged Jungkook out of his thoughts. He started tugging the confused raven inside the store, “Come on, feel the occasion. Just a few designs here and there won't hurt, here.” Taehyung shoved a bloody doll in his hands, almost making him drop the groceries, “You could place that in the living room or your own room.” 

“I'm not really sure.” 

“Oh come on, Jungkook.” 

“It's not like anyone's coming inside anyway so it's pointless.” 

“If you're worried about that then we can fix that!” 

“I'm not fond of parties Taehyung.” And I'm not sure about that especially with a ghost inside. I'm pretty sure Seo— Jin won't appreciate it. 

“It doesn't have to be a really big party!” Taehyung reasoned out, “ Yesterday, we couldn't bond properly because of the annoying rain right? We could just have a small party at your place. Just the six of us from yesterday. That won't be much, right? Just a Halloween dinner for our group of friends.” 

“But what about your mom’s planned party?” 

“We could just schedule it a day before or after the party.” Taehyung smiled, “Please? Plus, the others really liked you. You've met Jimin too right? He said that he liked you also and wants to know you better. So please? If you're worried about the food or finance whatever, we could just work together for this party.” 

It took Jungkook longer than expected before he had gotten home with a melted ice cream. I’ll just place them in the refrigerator or maybe I'm going to buy him another one. But what he didn't expect was for Taehyung to convince him enough for him to bring a bag full of Halloween decorations. He's currently thinking of ways to convince Seokjin to agree with him this time. 

But when Jungkook stood up in front of the door, fumbling with his pockets as he looked for his keys, he was a bit empty with ideas. The grocery bags were placed on the ground and the ice cream he bought when he decided to drop by a shop was inside a plastic bag hanging slightly as he opened the door. 

Immediately, he was greeted by the ghost lying on the sofa watching television. The ghost turned to his direction and beamed when he noticed the ice cream. He dashed immediately and gave a hug to the blushing human before he took the ice cream plopped back to the sofa. 

“You shouldn't do that when the door’s still open you know.” Jungkook sighed as he recovered. He picked the grocery bags and closed the door with his leg, and stated walking towards the kitchen. “What do you want for lunch? No pizza! I bought something and I'm cooking.” 

Jungkook was a bit surprised when the ghost suddenly tapped him from behind and he looked back to see Seokjin beaming at him. “What?” 

“Can I help you?” The ghost asked, grin widening. 

“With the bags? No. I can handle it by myself.” Jungkook shrugged, “Besides you couldn't even handle my bags before so leave this to me.”

“Not that.” Seokjin shook his head before he smiled, “I meant cooking. Can I help you cook?”

 “No.” Jungkook said immediately, “You might poison me.” 

“No, I won't do that! I'm a really good cook!” Seokjin pouted, “Besides, I'm not placing poison because I'm eating too you know!” 

“Well you're a ghost, poisons won't affect you.” 

“But I don't have anything to poison you with though!” Seokjin defended. He puffed before he flew above Jungkook and blocked his way, pouting his lips and flattering his eyelashes as he clasped his hands together and pleaded, “Please. Kookie, please.” 

Jungkook doesn't know if he's gotten softer or what because he finds himself giving in again. He's dreaded at the realization of the fact that he's apparently giving Seokjin whatever he wants. And Taehyung too. 

This reminded Jungkook as he stopped cutting the onions, Seokjin told him to. “Hey, Jin.” 

“Hm?” 

“Do you mind if I uh…” Jungkook trailed, “Bring some friends again?” 

Seokjin didn't answer him for a while and Jungkook wondered if he should ask again or take it as a no. The raven haired thought of repeating his question until the ghost spoke, “The same people from yesterday?” 

“Yeah.” 

Seokjin is silent again as he seemed to be focusing with his cooking. Jungkook is worried and thought that maybe he should apologize or somehting. “You know, if you don't want to then it's alright. I'll just call Taehyung and tell him that I can't have it here.” 

The ghost doesn't reply and continues with what he's doing, he moves a bit and now his back is facing Jungkook. He human sighed before he resumed with what he's doing. It didn't take them long before a mouth-watering smell filled the room and Jungkook’s stomach was growling. 

When the table was set and the food lying innocently yet tempting on the table, Jungkook sat excitedly in his chair, waiting for the ghost to come. When Seokjin sat and started placing food on his plate, Jungkook took that as a cue. The raven haired almost cried at the taste. 

He wasn't joking when he said that he's good. Good is just an understatement. He could own a restaurant. Jungkook thought as he savored the taste and hummed in delight, I feel bad but it's honestly better than mom’s or Aunt Boram’s cooking. 

They ate quietly, only the clattering of the utensils and Jungkook’s occasional compliments were heard, making Seokjin smile proudly at himself. After a short while, no food was left and Jungkook sat, feeling full, with Seokjin smiling proudly in front of him. 

“How was it?” 

“I've never ate food this good before.” Jungkook said, grinning at Seokjin, “You're really good.” 

“Really?” Seokjin asksed, though he was smiling, “I was worried because I haven't really cooked in a long time.” 

“Well, it's really good.” Jungkook complimented, “The best I've tasted so far.” 

“You're exaggerating it.” 

“No, I'm not.” Jungkook said, “You’re really good. You could own a restaurant, you know.” 

“Yeah.” Seokjin smiled sadly, “I could but too bad I can't.” 

“Hey…” Jungkook said, not liking the sad tone of the ghost, “I bought some ice cream, aren't you going to eat it?” 

A happy smile replaced the sad one before. Seokjin stood to take the ice cream in the refrigerator and opened it, grabbing cups for him and Jungkook. The raven hair wanted to decline since he's not really fond of the strawberry ice cream, but since Seokjin was too excited he couldn't say no. 

They ate their desert, chatting happily about several things before Jungkook noticed that Seokjin was still in his first cup. This makes Jungkook wonder because usually the ghost would be finishing food in a flash. He asked, “Do you not like it?” 

“What?” 

“The ice cream I mean.” Jungkook pointed, “You don't like it? I mean, you're not eating it that much.” 

“Oh.” Was Seokjin’s intelligent reply. “I love strawberries but I'm not a fan of strawberry-flavored things.” 

“Really?” Jungkook blinked, “Then why did you ask for a strawberry-flavored ice cream?” 

“Because” the ghost smiled and Jungkook’s heart ached when he saw the sadness and longing in those pretty eyes, “My brother and I would usually argue when it comes to ice cream you know. He loves strawberry flavor while I like chocolate. I just thought I'd give it a try.” 

Jungkook watched as the ghost forced a laugh and scrunched his nose, “He’s so wrong. This tastes like medicine, I don't really understand why he likes it.” 

“I see.” Jungkook commented, “If you can't finish it, it's alright. Don't force yourself— we could just do something with it. Do you want me to buy you a chocolate one?” 

“No thanks.” Seokjin smiled, “I think I'm full.” 

I'd never thought I'd hear him say that. Jungkook thought as he sees the ghost sigh as he forces himself to finish the rest of the ice cream, He’s definitely upset. Should I talk to him about it? But he might get even more upset if I ask about his brother. 

 “So,” the ghost’s voice brings him out of his thoughts, “About your friends.” 

“What about them?” 

“It's okay if they come here as long as they won't go upstairs and disturb me.” Seokjin mumbled, “And they're only allowed in the living room.” 

“About that,” Jungkook said, “It’s supposed to be a Halloween dinner.” 

“Alright then they can enter the dining room but other than that, they're off-limits.” Seokjin said before he realizes something, “Wait, did you say Halloween?” 

“Yeah.” Jungkook replied, “And I was also wondering if you're okay with the idea of designing the living room and dining area with spooky Halloween designs.” 

“Like?” 

“Like fake cobwebs, spiders, Halloween lanterns, a few glow in the darks, some dolls etc…” Jungkook said and he pushed his chair away to stand, not noticing how Seokjin’s face was turning paler at each word, “ I actually bought them—“ 

“No, you're not doing anything to the living room.” Seokjin shook his head so fast that Jungkook was worried it might come off. Then the raven haired realized that Seokjin really looked like a ghost right now, not only is he slightly transparent but he seems really pale at the moment. “Keep those things out of the house.” 

“But why?” Jungkook smirked as he asked that question. Ha! He's finally the one saying that annoying phrase. 

“Because I don't like them!” Seokjin replied immediately. 

“But you said it's alright for me to have a dinner here.” Jungkook said, “You can't back out now, you agreed.” Jungkook learned during the weeks that he has stayed in this house that  that Seokjin hates breaking an agreement. The other didn't touch him during that one week promise after he gave him his first pizza. Despite the mischievous things the ghost did, he never touched or crossed the boundaries they set up without Jungkook’s permission.  And when those words came out of his mouth, he sees Seokjin falter before him. For some reason, Jungkook feels bad again. If I want to get something done, I shouldn't feel like this or else I’ll never be able to do what I want. 

“Alright.” Seokjin said with a dejected sigh, “Just the living and dining room. Other than that, please don't touch anywhere else. Don't place anything in our room, okay?” 

“Deal.” Jungkook replied. A question formed in his head and decides to ask, “What’s wrong with Halloween though? Everyone likes that occasion, shouldn't you be happy? It's an event very fitting for you. You're a ghost after all.” 

“There you are again with your stereotypes.” Seokjin gave a glare to Jungkook, “I hate Halloween, okay?” 

Jungkook was baffled when he heard this. Wha— A ghost who hates Halloween? Seokjin caught the puzzled look on Jungkook’s face and his ears turned red. The ghost wanted nothing more than to just disappear on thin air and never appear again. It's not his fault that he's different. 

He's just a special ghost. 

“Why do you not like Halloween?” Jungkook asked a few hours later as the ghost watches him decorate the place. 

“Why do you like it so much?” Seokjin replied, cautiously poking the fake bloody hand that has been cut off. He eyed the fake spiders in disgust. 

“Well, it's a fun occasion. Trick or treats, scary costumes, a good excuse to stay up late.” Jungkook shrugged. 

“Well then there's your answer.” 

“Huh?” 

“The reason you use for liking Halloween is the same reason I have for hating it.” Seokjin pouted, “I like children but it's really annoying when they knock on this house for trick or treat and when I open the door, they run away shouting the lies that adults told them.” 

“That's because you're a ghost!” Jungkook shook his head, “Of course they would run away when the door seems to open by itself.” 

“But I don't want to eat them!” Seokjin shook his head, sticking his tongue out in disgust, “Whoever spread that rumor of me wanting to eat their insides are so mean! Like no, that's just sick.” 

“But seriously, do you hate Halloween just because of that?” Jungkook raised an eyebrow as he was sticking something on the door. “Surely that's not all, right? Do you celebrate Halloween when you were still alive?” 

“Yeah. With my brother.” Seokjin said in a soft voice, “And when mom was alive, we often held parties.” 

“I see.” Jungkook said, , shouldn't have asked. His brother is a sensitive topic. Jungkook glanced behind to see a frown on the ghost’s face, probably reminiscing the past, what to do? Suddenly Jungkook had a brilliant idea. 

“Hey Jin! I want to check something out, can you help me?” Jungkook called for the ghost, trying his best to control his smile. He gestured for the ghost to come, Seokjin stood up with a confused expression but he still went to Jungkook. 

“Can you please open the door for me?” Jungkook asked, pointing at the door knob. 

“But I thought you said I shouldn't open them?” Seokjin raised an eyebrow toward the latter, skeptical of his behavior. “What are you thinking?” 

“Nothing.” Jungkook replied too happily for Seokjin’s liking. He glared at the human before he shrugged, thinking that it couldn't be bad. He regretted that because once he opened the door, a loud scream erupted from who knows where causing him to jump in shock and he felt something fall on his face. His eyes focused on the black thing in front of him and he pales when he discovers that it’s a spider. 

The ghost slams the door hard and screams. 

Jungkook lost it. 

The raven haired stopped laughing when he noticed that his plan didn’t go the way he wanted it. Seokjin was trembling from the shock. He was supposed to cheer the ghost up and not have him cower in a corner, glaring at him through his glassy eyes. 

Jungkook gulped as he tried to pat Seokjin who slapped his hand away, “Hey, it was just a joke.” 

“Well it's not funny.” 

“How come?” Jungkook asked, “It’s a trap I set for those who’ll come in through this door.” 

“Well it's stupid.” 

“Really?” Jungkook stopped as he thought, “Wait, don't tell me you got scared?” 

“You almost killed me!” 

“You're dead!” Jungkook frustratedly sighed. He looks to see the ghost glaring up at him and he gives a defeated sigh, “Okay, I'm sorry.” 

“You better be.” Seokjin replied, scowling, “Because I'm kicking you out of the house.” 

“Not this again.” Jungkook gaped, “I thought we were over this phase.” 

“Well too bad for you.” The ghost stuck a tongue out, “Because I’m seriously kicking you out whether you like it or not, and nothing you do can change my mind.” 

“Really?” Jungkook raised an eyebrow to that before he smirked, “I’m ordering pizza for tonight.” 

The younger of the two watches in amusement as the scowl disappears from the ghost’s face and is replaced with delight, “You can stay for a week.” 

“Five pizzas.” Jungkook added, “and a chocolate cake.” 

“With those milkshakes?” 

“Yes.” 

“Stay as long as you want.” Seokjin replied gladly, “I can help you with your decorations if you want.” 

And that's another thing Jungkook discovered. Seokjin hates Halloween and he's easily gets scared. 


Sorry if that was a disappointing chapter guys. I was disappointed with it but I'm too lazy to change it x3 next chapter will be a dinner with BTS again. And a few things you’ll know about Seokjin’s past. 

Thank you for everyone who subscribed, commented, and upvoted! Thanks for reading also! 

<3

Jinkook <3