Don't trust ghosts

#InARelationshipWithTheGhost

Hey guys. Here’s another chapter for you xD Anyways, the last chapter, we were on the second day (Monday) of the 3rd week in Jungkook’s stay with Seokjin. Sorry if everything’s too fast. The story will resume on the 4th week’s Sunday. (Too lazy to write about the details so I’ll just summarize the progress of Jungkook’s life here) Basically, the week was spent with Jungkook finally fixing his house. Adding AC in their room, fixing the kitchen and other rooms etc…  And while he does the work, Seokjin cheers on him. Just like that cute Jin cheering for BTS in that bangtan bomb. Seokjin also loves using Jungkook’s TV when the maknae is away. He’s binge eating too. Hope you guys enjoy.


Guess what? Jungkook is now a regular customer of The Pizza Peel. The young man took a deep breath—an attempt to calm down—as he opened his door again and saw the same man who has been delivering him pizzas the past few days.

“Hi, Jungkook.” The delivery man said with a huge grin, “You really love our pizzas, don’t you? You’re a strange one ordering pizza on a Sunday afternoon. We’re so happy to have a regular costumer like you who not only orders every day but multiple times in one day too.”

“Yeah, I guess I’m a pig, huh, Hoseok-hyung?” Jungkook’s smile twitched and he felt a light punch from the ghost behind him. But he ignored Seokjin when the other whined, “Are you calling me a pig?”

“How come you never get fat? I wonder where all these food go.”

“I wonder too.” Jungkook noded stiffly, gritting his teeth as he tried to control anger but he couldn’t hide the sarcasm in his voice, “I really wonder where all these food goes.”

Hoseok, who didn’t notice the change of tone, laughed light-heartedly at that before his face lights up as he recalled something. “Oh!” he exclaimed as he took a slip out of his pocket, “Since you’re a regular and a friend of mine who loves our pizzas a lot, the manager told me to give you this coupon. It’s a discount, my dear friend! 50% discount, how cool is that? Happy?”

“Yes.” Jungkook smiles before he bows and takes it from Hoseok, “Thank you.” Though his smile twitched again at the sound of a squealing ghost behind him.

“Wah! This means more pizza, right? Yay!” the ghost peeked on his shoulder and beams when he sees the coupon. He had to suppress a frustrating sigh as the ghost celebrates and he didn’t need to look to know that this ghost is doing his very hyper shoulder dance, “They’re willing to give a free lasagna if you order a Peel peperoni!? A free pretzel burger too if you order a full house? Yes! I love Pizza Peel, they’re the best!”

“So, as much as I love to chat with you more, I have to go, you know, work.” Hoseok shrugged, Jungkook’s attention left the ghost as he realizes that his friend is still in front. Hoseok accepts the payment from Jungkook, “But I bet I’ll see you again sometime today or tomorrow. You big pizza-eater.”

“Thanks.” Jungkook’s smile dropped as Hoseok left, he closed the door and glared at the ghost carrying three boxes of pizza this time. Smiling like he had just won in a lottery. “We need to talk.”

“Can it wait?” Seokjin asks as he places the boxes on the table in the living room and is excitedly opening the pizza, “I’m going to eat first.”

“Listen, this can’t go on or else I’ll be broke!” Jungkook raises both his hands in frustration. While he wasn’t exactly lacking in money, in all honesty, when he saw the amount that his parents left for him, he actually thought that he could even survive a life without having to work. The amount was no joke. And add the fact that his single Aunt payed for his furnitures and helped in the house, while his grandmother bought this house for him and also left a certain amount on his bank account as a gift.

He was the spoiled maknae of the family. And this is due to the fact that he was his parent’s only child. And he was his grandmother’s only grandson due to Aunt Boram not being married yet. His Aunt Boram is quite attached to him and kept saying, ‘I’d rather baby my Jungkookie than find a guy to marry.’

But, back to the point, that doesn’t mean that he’s going to tolerate Seokjin’s pizza binging. Hell no! Jungkook internally screamed at the thought of spoiling the other. He’s being abused! Not only is the ghost controlling his own house but his wallet too.

“You need to stop—“

“But why?” Damn those eyes!

“O-okay, maybe—now wait, at least you have to keep it minimal! Isn’t one pizza a day enough?

“No.”

“Seokjin, you can’t do this to me. I need to learn how to save money you know?”

“I can give you money-saving tips.” Seokjin took a huge bite from a large slice of pizza and even with his mouth full, he speaks, “It’s really simple.”

“Yes. You stop yourself from ordering.”

“No. that’s complicated. I have a simpler solution.”

“What?”

“Leave the house.” Seokjin smirked at him, “See? That’s better, right?”

“No, it isn’t.” Jungkook releases another frustrated sigh for the umpteenth time during his stay, “How many times do I have to tell you, Seokjin? I’m not leaving this house. Not now, not ever.”

“Well, to be you.” Seokjin nonchalantly said as he finishes the first box and moves to open the second, “Since you’re going to be here for as long as you say, then you’ll have to give me pizza. Consider it as payment for your stay here.”

“Wha—“ Jungkook was dumbfounded. What is this? An apartment? That he has a certain rent to pay? Is that a way of Seokjin to tell him that he only rents his own house? “But that’s not fair. I pay for the taxes and take care of the bills!”

“Well, those were for you—“

“You use them too. I know you love to watch the TV when I’m not around and don’t deny it because I have proof. Taehyung often warned me about ’turn the TV off when you leave your house to save electricity.’ I’m sure that I didn’t leave the television on because I don’t use them that much. And of course, the telephone—”

“But you also have to pay for staying in my house. I don’t appreciate free loaders.”

“Who’s the free loader?”

“You.”

“No, for your information—since you’re too thick to get this through your nonexistent brain, this house is—“ Jungkook was stopped midway when Seokjin stood from his seat and shoved a pizza in his mouth and forcing him to chew and swallow the food.

“Since you’re going to be buying this for me, why don’t you get some? I don’t mind sharing.” Seokjin shrugs, “Beside, maybe you’re just being irritated because you’re hungry? I would be too if I can’t get food.”

Jungkook couldn’t reply to that because he was struggling with the food in his mouth. Seokjin had just literally shoved a whole slice in him. He had to bring a hand up to cover his mouth and try not to puke the food. He chewed slowly before he could gradually swallow them. By the time he looks up, slight tears at the corner of his eyes, Seokjin was squatting on the carpeted floor and down to the last box on the low modern glass table.

As Seokjin opened the pizza box, his eyes went to Jungkook then back at the pizza, then to Jungkook then at the pizza. He sighed and closed the box dejectedly. Jungkook, confused with his behavior, slowly took the seat across the ghost and plopped down the soft sofa. He watched in mild confusion as Seokjin timidly pushed the last box to his direction.

“What is this?” Jungkook asked.

“You can have it.” Seokjin said in a soft voice as he played with the soft carpet of the floor, looking anywhere but him. He mumbles something under his breath and it was so soft that Jungkook couldn’t catch it.

“Come again?” Jungkook asked. But he was bewildered. Is it just him or is this ghost really moody? A moment ago, he was sassy and annoying but now he looks like a small kitten that got scolded by its owner. Jungkook’s eyes softens at this.

“Sorry for upsetting you.” Seokjin repeats with a louder voice this time, still not looking at him, “You can have the last box.”

Woah, it’s just like back that time when my nose bled. Jungkook blinks at this scene displayed in front of him. He slowly moves to open the box of pizza and from his peripheral view, he sees Seokjin eyeing him—more like the pizza—with sad eyes. He obviously wanted to eat. When Jungkook looks up, the ghost immediately looks away and pretends that he’s not interested.

What are you doing to me, Seokjin? Jungkook sighs and he beckons to the ghost, “You can get a few slices you know. I’m not really sure I could finish this whole box on my own.”  Well, he could but he’s not up for it.

The ghost looks at him with eyes wide, and a hint of happiness in them, the frown suddenly becomes a delighted smile. The ghost giggled like a child and dragged himself across the carpeted floor to squat below Jungkook, his shoulders touching the other’s knees.

He stares at the pizza, looked up to Jungkook and then back to the pizza, silently asking for permission.  Jungkook nods at him and upon the approval, he picks up a slice and starts nibbling at it. Jungkook shifts to take the remote control and turn on the TV to kill the silence.

Seokjin wanted to just finish the whole box but he felt that he should leave it for Jungkook so he ate slowly and took smaller bites from his current slice. Which was pure torture for him. They just sat there, not speaking to each other as they ate, the television being the only sound in the living room. Not long after, the box is empty and the two of them is left with nothing to do.

Before they know it, Jungkook has his back against the sofa, sitting lazily while he scrolls down his phone. The ghost is still on the floor but his head is resting comfortably on Jungkook’s knee as he watches MTV.  It was peaceful.

Jungkook doesn’t know what got to him, maybe because they had a lot of dogs at home, but his hands unconsciously moved and before he knew it, he was Seokjin’s soft hair. The ghost was surprised but he immediately closed his eyes and relaxed.

They lost track of time as they sat there doing nothing when suddenly, Seokjin speaks up, “We used to do this a lot.”

“What?” Jungkook stopped patting the ghost and diverted his attention from his phone to Seokjin.

“My brother and I.” Seokjin spoke softly, a small smile forming as he reminisce the past, “Just like you, he scolded me for ordering too much pizza. Earlier, you reminded me of him and I felt guilty.”

“Is that so?” Jungkook replied, he shifted slightly and realized that his left knee is numb but doesn’t do anything to move it because Seokjin is there. He’s also unsure on how he’s supposed to converse with Seokjin. He wanted to ask him questions but he’s worried that he might ask something Seokjin might not like. So he decides to ask something else, “Am I around his age? “

“No, he’s two years older than you if I can remember correctly.” Seokjin chuckled, before he sighed softly, “He was sixteen the last time I was with him. I wonder how he is now. I don’t even know where he is or if he’s even alive.”

“I don’t really know but wherever he is, I think he’s doing well.” Jungkook says as an attempt to comfort the other, as annoying as Seokjin is, he really doesn’t like it when the older gets sad. He finds himself running his long fingers on the ghost’s head, “stop sulking.”

“He’d often tell me that too, just in a different way.” Seokjin chuckled before he moved from his position to face Jungkook. The latter shifted his numb leg as the ghost left. “My brother and I would tell each other our problems and he’d always tell me not to be sad. Then we’d spend our time lazing around like we just did. But it was the other way around, I’m always the one patting his head until he’s asleep.”

He looks away for a moment, wondering if he should continue speaking, Jungkook waits patiently for the other to talk. After a moment, Seokjin spoke, “We weren’t really brothers.”

“You aren’t?” Jungkook asks curiously, “Why?” He pauses for a moment and realized that he didn’t want to seem nosy so he added, “You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to.”

“Nah, it’s okay. I initiated the conversation anyway.” The ghost shrugs before he stands up from his position and moves to sit beside Jungkook, “I was adopted. My real mother’s best friend was his father.” Seokjin pauses for a moment as he tries to be comfortable in his seat, “She died when I was born so I got adopted by them. My eomma, the one I grew up with and my brother’s real mom, died with cancer when I was nine and my brother was seven. We grew closer since then.”

Jungkook wanted to ask what that statement meant. But kept quiet when Seokjin continued, “I love him so much.” There’s so much sadness in that voice that it felt like a hand was clutching his heart and squeezing it ‘til it bled. Jungkook hated that feeling.

“Hey Jungkook.” the said boy was pulled out of his thoughts as he looked curiously at the ghost in front of him. “While we were here, what were you doing with the gla—I mean, phone?”

“Oh, that? I was just browsing.”

“Browsing? But I thought you said we can do that only in those laptops.”

“Did you really die four years ago and not decades ago?” Jungkook shook his head disbelievingly, “How could you not know these things when it was supposed to be present way back 2011.”

“Well, sorry for being ignorant then.” Seokjin glared at him before turning to the phone, “So what do you browse about?”

“Several things. But I was checking tweets earlier.” Jungkook explained and when he saw Seokjin’s confused expression, he sighed, “And let me guess, you don’t know what twitter is?”

Of course, the ghost shakes his head and Jungkook sighs before he shifts towards the ghost and shows him the app in his phone, “This is Twitter.”

“What a cute bird!” Seokjin exclaims.

“I don’t think that’s the point here.”

“What is this for, Jungkook?”

“Twitter?” Jungkook clarifies before he explains, “Well, it’s an online social networking tool in which users post updates of what is going on in their lives.”

“Why do we need those?” the curious ghost asks, “What’s with those blue number signs—?”

“It’s called a hashtag.”

“But why is it called a ha—“

“Stop asking questions” Jungkook cuts him off, irritated, “please.”

“But why?”

 Jungkook releases a sigh of annoyance and groans, “You’re going to drive me nuts.”

“Well sorry then.” Seokjin puffed and crossed his arms, “Your Twitter is boring.”

“What does a ghost about you know about these apps anyway?” Jungkook muttered.

“Well one thing I’m sure of is that nothing can beat Mario!”

“Mario?” the raven haired looks at the brunette incredulously, “From what generation are you from?”

“I’m a 92 liner.” the ghost pouted as he glared daggers towards Jungkook, slightly regretting that he gave him the pizza.

“Really? You sound more.” Jungkook rolls his eyes. Seokjin gasped at that but before he could retort back, they hearing knocking from the door. Jungkook glared at Seokjin, “Did you call pizza when I wasn’t watching?”

“What? No, I was behave all this time!” the spirit wheezed, “How could you just accuse me like that? Where’s the justice?”

Jungkook ignored the older as he approaches the door with a trained expression. When he opens it though, he was tackled by a hug. Of course, it was no other than Kim Taehyung—his strange yet kind neighbor—greeting him with his signature grin.

 “Hey yo, Jungkookie!” Taehyung pulled away from the hug, only then did Jungkook realizes that it was already dark outside, “Do you mind if I go in or am I still off-limits inside?”

“Uhh…” Jungkook hesitantly tilts his head to look at the blinking ghost behind him, he sends a look that clearly says, ‘behave’. When the other sticks a tongue at him, he moves a bit behind the door, so Taehyung won’t see him, and he mouths, ‘I’ll let you borrow my phone, just please behave.’ The ghost’s eyes seem to light up at this and he nods. Jungkook watches the other take the phone and then float upstairs. Reassured, Jungkook gives a smile to the confused Taehyung, “Uh sure. Make yourself at home.”

He really doesn’t have to worry if he seems weird around Taehyung because his friend is weirder than him. And to prove that point, the latter dives into Jungkook’s modern sofa to take the remote and exclaimed, “Funimation channel! I didn’t you tell me that you had cable here? Oh man, this ! They’re using dub!”

And the TV was switched off.

When Jungkook said ‘make yourself at home’, he hadn’t expected it to turn out like this. But Taehyung faces him now with a huge grin, forgetting the remote at hand, “I like your house.” It says, “It looks good and comfortable. People are so wrong! It’s not haunted at all! I don’t get why Jimin and Yoongi doesn’t like it here.”

“Jimin and Yoongi?” Jungkook tilteds his head as he tried to recall where he had heard those names.

“Oh, right! They’re the friends I kept talking about. I promised that I’d let you meet my friends someday right?” Taehyung grinned as he rose from his seat, “Well, I could let you meet them tomorrow, if you have nothing to do.”

“Sure. Thanks Taehyung.” Jungkook smiled at the older.

“But before that,” Taehyung says, “There’s actually something I’d like to ask you.”

“What is it?”

“You know that your house is infamous for being a haunted house, right?” Jungkook nodded at this question, wondering where this is heading, “And as I have mentioned, Yoongi and Jimin doesn’t like it here.”

“And?”

“And I know that this house isn’t as scary as it is said to be and there’s really no ghost here. I mean, look! It’s really cool! So I kind of made a bet with Yoongi so,” Taehyung trailed for a bit before he suddenly spoke the next words too fast but Jungkook still got it, “Is it okay if we could enter your house before we eat out tomorrow?”

“Wha—you made a bet?”

“Yes. That if nothing scary happens here then I win.” Taehyung grinned before he patted Jungkook’s back, “So, please?”

“I don’t really know…” Jungkook eyes trailed towards the stairs, wondering if Seokjin would still behave tomorrow. But then he’s going to have to meet new people and he didn’t feel comfortable at the thought of letting strangers in but Taehyung said that they’re really nice. He also doesn’t feel like declining his first friend here, out of gratitude, so he thinks, maybe I can just convince Seokjin with a promise of pizza, I have a discount anyway, and maybe letting him use my phone tomorrow. If he doesn’t break it today—I hope he won’t.

He turns to Taehyung and nods, “Sure.”

He discovers later that night that letting Seokjin borrow his phone was a stupid decision. While, yes, his phone is perfectly intact and still as flawless as it had always been, Jungkook dreads several posts in twitter that had even gotten a few retweets by his old friends and classmates.

“Seokjin!” Jungkook fumed at the ghost stifling his laugh.

“Yes?” comes out a shaky reply as the ghost tried not to laugh but fails.

“What made you think that tweeting ‘Pink is love’, ‘Ghosts should have rights’, and many others using my account is a good idea?” Jungkook scrolls down and curses, “What the hell? What do you mean by ‘I have something to confess, I’m actually transgender and my real name is Jeon Jungkookia’?”

Lesson of the day: Don’t trust ghosts with your phone.


I’m sorry if it feels so rushed. While I was typing this, I was informed that we’d be off to eat somewhere in an hour and I hate being cut off in the middle of writing so I kind of rushed everything so here goes. I hope you guys still find it satisfying tho. By the way, next chapter, get ready to meet the rest of BTS. ((bts, can you guys guess who my bts bias is? It’s either Jin or Kookie))

Thank you for subscribing, commenting and voting. Thank you for reading as well. 

Jinkook love <3