Awkward dates and an unexpected event

#InARelationshipWithTheGhost

 Hello beautiful people <3 It's been a long time since I've updated ;-; Was busy and then when I actually had free time, it's either I'm lazy, lacking of inspiration or distracted. Whic I have been xD I was lazy, I lacked inspiration and I got distracted cause I'm currently addicted to this story the King and the clown and I was looking for any fanfics about them, sadly I only found one ;-; I wanna write for them too but I'm not so sure cause it seems like no one else is writing for them ;-; And I love Gong-gil so much huhuhu I'm still contemplating whether I should write a Jinkook story based on it tho. Anyways, hope you guys enjoy this story~​​


“Kookie~” Seokjin whines, “Your phone’s glass thingy won’t move! My little human died!”

“Glass thingy?” Jungkook raised an eyebrow as his eyes left his laptop to turn to the pouting ghost, who is now his lover by the way, “Oh, you mean the screen?”

“Yeah, yeah that.” The other nodded before he showed the device to Jungkook which had the words ‘Game Over’ flashed brightly on the screen. “My little human died and your phone is unresponsive.”

“How many apps did you download again?” Jungkook raised an eyebrow, taking the phone away from Seokjin’s hands before facing the ghost who looked away, pretending that he was completely innocent.

“I don’t know. I think that there were only five of them.” Seokjin wouldn’t look at him in the eye, an indication of his dishonesty. The ghost’s eyes traveled from the soft sheets under him, to the floor then he gradually glanced at Jungkook’s direction, staring at each other’s eyes for a moment before he let out a guilty sigh, “Okay, maybe about over a twenty? I don’t know how to delete them, okay?”

“That’s a lot.”

“Kookie! Just fix your phone. I need to save my little human before it dies again.” Seokjin whines as he pleads Jungkook, even using aegyo against the younger, and the raven haired is left with no choice but to give in.

“Give me a moment. I’m going to restart it.” Jungkook took the phone away and decided to deal with it, “But I’ll be deleting some of your apps and please, next time refrain yourself from downloading too many games.”

“Okay!”  Seokjin beams at him and the raven haired is mesmerized by the bright smile for a moment, before he tore his eyes away. He can feel the heat rising to his cheeks as he recalled the kiss they both shared a few days ago. And only a few days ago was when Seokjin confessed to him and he responded. Guess that means they were finally a thing.

He’s glad that their feelings are mutual and things are going well but he’s a bit frustrated of the fact that almost nothing changed between them. They were kind of a couple now yet they aren’t doing anything remotely romantic thus far. They still eat together, watch movies in the afternoons, he still pampers the ghost and the latter practically owns his stuff by now. However nothing much changes.

And that frustrates him.

He didn’t know what he was expecting but he kind of wanted to experience something with Seokjin. Like morning kisses, maybe? Or maybe some kind of cuddling session, but then those things might be too fast for the ghost so maybe a date? Jungkook isn’t sure.  He wants to make a move but he’s kind of hesitant and unsure of what to do.

Aside from the fact that he isn’t sure if the ghost would like to spend a ‘romantic’ moment with him, he’s never really experienced with the whole dating thing with anyone before. Yes, he’s attractive and he’s got quite a large number of girls chasing after him back at high school, but it’s not like he really dated any of them. He really doesn’t know what he should be doing. And he knows that the ghost is just as clueless as he is.

So he should make the first move, right?

But things aren’t as easy as it seems. First, how do you initiate a date? Second, what do you do in dates—do you like go to an amusement park, or see a movie or eat dinner together or maybe a mix of the three? Will it be smart to take ideas from movies or novels? Maybe he should ask help from Google. But seriously though, how the hell do you go on a date?

No wait, let me add something to that. How the hell do you go on a date with a ghost?

Date indoors, maybe? Order some food and watch a cheesy, romantic movie?

Nope,  Jungkook pushed the thought away, Jin won’t consider it a date then.

It’s because they do it so often by now that it’s considered normal for them.  Perhaps he could do something else in the middle of it? Like initiate a hug, cuddle on the sofa and make out? But wouldn’t that be too fast? What if Seokjin would be uncomfortable—and just the thought of kissing reminded him of their first kiss. Jungkook’s cheeks started to heat up at the memory of it again.

“Kookie! Earth to Kookie!”

Jungkook was pulled out of his reverie due to a prying transparent hand belonging to a certain ghost—who was the cause of his distress at the moment—waving in front of his face. He looked up at the other with wide eyes asking, “What?”

“I was asking if you’re done fixing it. Oh, and what do you want for lunch?” Seokjin asked the other who blinked twice, getting his thoughts together.

Jungkook’s thoughts were still a mess and even answering the simple question was hard. At the moment he’s stuck whether he should just suggest chicken and eat at home or he could offer a takeout—or a date.

“Kookie?” Seokjin tilted his head to the side, eyes widening and damn, saying he’s adorable is an understatement. Jungkook resisted the urge to just tackled him and squeeze the life out of the ghost—well, whatever.

“U-uh, how about—uh, you know, l-let’s uh, yeah.” Jungkook was talking gibberish and this caused Seokjin to laugh at his flushed state. How embarrassing.

Jeon Jungkook, you’re a cool guy. Calm down. Be smooth.

Jungkook internally told himself, “So uh, d-do you wanna go out or something? Wait, no I mean—not go out like outside but like uh, do you wanna go on a d-da—“

“Are you asking me for a date?” Seokjin smiled slightly, a hint of amusement in his eyes.

“I, uh, yeah. Something like that. Yeah…” Jungkook mumbled, his face heating up as he awkwardly scratched the back of his head. “If you don’t mind?”

“Well, I don’t mind.” Seokjin smiled shyly, ears turning red as a soft blush adorned his cheeks.

Jungkook was tongue-tied.

A slow, degrading, awkward silence followed right after. Both staring at the other, waiting for someone to do the first move. Seokjin averted his gaze as he anxiously swiped the bangs that covered his eyes while Jungkook fidgeted in his position, bitting his bottom lip, as he tried to come up with something else to say.

Why is this so awkward? Arghh Jungkook mentally screamed at himself, I should do something but what? I’m not supposed to be shy. I should lead him on. But what should I say next? We’re not supposed to be this awkward, what should I do?

“So—“

“So—“

Like a cliché movie, both of them speak at the same time and you know what happens after;

“You talk first.” Jungkook offers.

Seokjin shakes his head, “No, no, you go first.”

“No, really, it’s okay.” Jungkook insisted, “You go first.”

“No, I’m not really going to say anything meaningful anyway.” Seokjin reasoned, “I mean—I forgot what I was going to say so uh, yeah.” He added a stiff laugh.

“No, you go fi—uh, never mind. Okay.” Jungkook decided gave up anyway, “So, uh. What do you wanna do?”

“I don’t know.” Seokjin answered, “You decide.”

“Yeah, but I want to know what you wanna do, cause you know it’s a d-date.” Jungkook curses at himself for stuttering. And how he wished his heart would calm down. It’s just Seokjin, okay? He won’t bite. You’re good with him.

“No, uh, I don’t know.” Seokjin replied, “You suggested this date so uh, yeah. You decide.”

It was so damn awkward and Jungkook suddenly wanted to smack himself. Why did he ask for a date without organizing or planning anything? This was just so out of the blue. But it’s not like he can take it back—no, that would be too much. He must think of something soon. But oh, how much he wanted the earth to swallow him and bury him forever so he could not embarrass himself further.

“Do you think we could,” Seokjin decided to speak when he noticed the raven’s silence, “I’m not sure but. Do you think it would be alright to go out—like, out as in go outside?”

Jungkook looked up at that, eyes wide and his mouth slightly agape, “You mean it’s alright? I mean, yeah, sure that’s fine. But won’t you like—won’t the sun burn you or uh, isn’t there some kind of barrier that keeps you stuck in this house?”

Seokjin pouted at that. “I told you not to believe in those human stories for most of them aren’t true. And what do you mean about the sun bringing me? I’m a ghost, for heaven’s sake, not a vampire or an eveil spirit. Oh and barriers? Nah, I can leave this house if I want—but I just don’t.”

“Why not?” Jungkook asked in curiosity.

At that, Seokjin’s blush turned darker, looking away, “Well, don’t you dare laugh.”

“I won’t.”

“I would get lost.” Seokjin confessed, “I don’t know the way. So if I go out by myself, the chances of me going back are close to zero.”

That’s so like Seokjin. The words cracked a smile out of Jungkook before he shook his head, “Alright. We’re going out. Let me change first.”

“Okay.” Seokjin nodded, backing away slightly to give space for Jungkook to pass through. Before he recalled, “Ah, can I use your phone while you’re changing?”

“Okay. Don’t download too many, ‘kay?”

“Okay!”

 

 

 

“I’m sorry.” Seokjin apologized sheepishly, scratching the back of his head, “But hey! I downloaded fifteen only! At least it’s lesser, right?”

 “That’s not the problem here.” Jungkook heaved a sigh, “I can’t believe you actually bought an app.”

“Teehee.” Seokjin smiled widely, fluttering his eyelashes, “But you love me so it’s okay, right?”

Jungkook gave up.

“Where do you wanna go?” Jungkook asked then paused, “Wait, if we’re going outside, people still won’t see you, right?”

“I’m a ghost, duh.”

“Then, how am I supposed to talk to you?” Jungkook inquired, “I mean, we can’t go out without speaking with each other. But then I might appear crazy, you know?”

“You are crazy.”

“You’re not helping.”

“Oh, okay. How about we go to some place less crowded.” Seokjin suggested.

“Like?”

“Like, umm…” the ghost looked up in thought before he smiled excitedly, “How about those places you see in k-dramas? You know, where people go inside a dark room with a big TV!”

“Dark room with a big TV?” Jungkook cocked his head to the side, trying to decipher the ghost’s words.

“Yeah, a big TV. Like almost as big as this—“ Seokjin emphasizes with his hands before he scratches his head and then gestures to the wall, “Or you know, as big as that. Maybe bigger.”

“A big Tv—oh, wait. Do you mean the cinema?”

“Yes—that!” Seokjin nodded happily before adding, “I think so. But it sounds right, so yeah.”

“Alright.”

 

As soon as they left the house, things went awkward once again. Jungkook was torn apart. Was he supposed to initiate contact? Couples hold hands, right? Or maybe he should put an arm over Seokjin? Wait, no, he’s a ghost—people would see it weirdly. But then, woah. Seokjin actually got out of the house.

The ghost was ecstatic. His eyes kept darting from left to right, pointing here and there—exclaiming things such as “Look the clouds formed a puppy!” –how that happened is beyond Jungkook. Cause he really can’t see the image.

“Kookie, look! That house! It looks soo huge.” Seokjin pointed at a building, “And, oh look! Balloons! Kookie, let’s get one! There’s only one pink left!”

The human is in crisis. Should he reply? He might seem crazy. And if he buys Seokjin the balloon, won’t people look weirdly at him?  He’s alone buying a pink balloon. And if he gives it to the ghost—people might freak out. Because the balloon would look like it was following him—or rather, he was following it. Seokjin walks fast for someone who hasn’t gone out in a while.

Well, no, forget that. The ghost is floating so Jungkook guessed that it must’ve been why he’s fast.

“Jin.” He hisses lowly, wary of the people watching,“What are you doing?”

“Hm? Oh, I was just—“ Seokjin stopped—realizing his actions. He sheepishly scratched the back of his head before floating his way towards Jungkook with an apologetic look, “Sorry, I guess I got carried away.”

“It’s okay.” Jungkook whispered softly but enough for the ghost to hear. He stopped to tell the other, “Let’s get a ride.”

Seokjin nodded quietly behind Jungkook.

It didn’t take long for them to get settled inside a cab, as Jungkook briefly told the driver of their destination, everything went quiet. Seokjin shuffled uncomfortably in his seat. He wanted to talk to the other but was cautious. Jungkook might be bothered again.

The latter too was feeling bad. He felt like this ‘date’ isn’t going nicely at all. Man, he . He really should’ve planned everything than just declaring a date out of the blue.  He took a quick glance towards the ghost—who was uncharacteristically behaved at the moment with hi head hung low—before his eyes landed on the driver’s back.

All of a sudden, he’s got an idea.

He took his phone out of his pocket and placed it against his ear, “Hello?”

Seokjin looked up at the sound of Jungkook’s voice—surprised that he broke the silence first. But when he looked, Jungkook was on his phone. Oh. I thought.

“Look, I’m sorry that this isn’t going well.” Jungkook spoke against the phone but his eyes were on Seokjin, “I’m still quite new to this and I kind of feel like an idiot. But please bare with me.”

Is he talking to me? Seokjin blinked before he hesitantly nodded.

“So if you want to say something, it’s okay.” Jungkook smiled before he readjusted his position, “We can communicate like this if you want.”

“You’re so mean for not buying me that balloon.” Seokjin blurted out immediately.

“Don’t tell me that you’re keeping a grudge because of that?” Jungkook raised an eyebrow, “How shallow of you.”

“I’m not keeping a grudge.” Seokjin glared at him. “I’m just pointing out.”

“Seems like you are.”

Seokjin huffed at him, “You owe me food.”

“Hey, that’s unfair!” Jungkook exclaimed, but made sure his voice isn’t too loud, “I’m the one spending the money for this—“

“You’re living in my house though.” Seokjin countered with a smirk.

“Oh, come on. Are we still talking about this?”

“Yes.” Seokjin nodded.

“Good grief.” Jungkook sighed. He looked up and saw that they were almost at the cinema mall so he asked, “What movie do you want to watch today?”

“I don’t know. Whatever is available, I guess.” Seokjin then paused, “No horror movies though.”

“Scaredy-cat.” Jungkook smirked before saying, “Almost there. I’ll drop the call now. Bye.”

Seokjin was about to reply when the vehicle stopped and the driver informed them of their arrival. So the ghost decided to keep quiet while silently glaring at Jungkook.

Once Jungkook was done, he walked up to the ghost and softly asked, “Shall we go in?”

Seokjin nodded and he eagerly followed Jungkook to the entrance. Once inside, they glanced around to look which movie they should watch. Seokjin cringed to see that what was showing were two horror movies, one action movie and a 3D cartoon movie. Out of the options, the last was the most bearable so he turned to poke on the human to get his attention.

Jungkook raised an eyebrow as he faced the ghost. Seokjin gingerly pointed at the cartoon movie, which made Jungkook scrunch his nose in distaste, “That’s lame. Watched it with Taehyung last time. How about—“

He stopped midway as he saw a man with his newspaper looking strangely at him. That was then when he realized that he might’ve looked crazy right now. So he cleared his throat before taking out his phone and acted like he was speaking with someone across the call, “By the way, that movie’s stupid.”

“But—“

“Horror movies.”

“But I thought that this is a date! Horror movies are not fitting.”

“Trust me, it is.”

 

 

Seokjin never opened his eyes, not even once the moment the movie started. However he kept asking; “What happened?” “What’s that sound?” “Why are they screaming?” “Omg is that the sound of blood?” “Oh god Kookie speak to me!”—all throughout the movie.

Jungkook didn’t know which was more annoying; the poor acting and the cliché scenes of this low budget movie or Seokjin’s whining and tight grip. The ghost literally has his face buried in Jungkook’s arm—which is going numb now as the ghost gripped too hard.

The raven resisted many times the urge to scream in frustration but oh, they’re in public. What a joy.

No, wait what the hell? This is supposed to be a date. What’s going on?

Jungkook suddenly realized and he resisted the urge to face palm. They were going nowhere. His first date makes him feel bitter. Just great. He is a sorry excuse of a human being, a sorry excuse of a boyfriend. He should just dig a hole and bury himself fore—

“Excuse me?” An unfamiliar voice cuts through his internal ranting and he looks up to see a pair of curious eyes and a pretty face. She’s pretty that he feels his palms sweating—he was never good around girls.

“Y-yes?” Jungkook stuttered. And that made Seokjin peek an eye open in curiosity. Then he turned to the source of his boyfriend’s nervousness and suddenly he felt a pang of jealousy because why is Jungkook stuttering over a girl?

“Is this seat vacant?” the girl pointed on the seemingly empty seat beside Jungkook (but actually a certain ghost was seating there)

“N-yes.” Jungkook replied.

Seokjin let go of his grip of Jungkook and exclaimed, “But I’m sitting here, can’t you see—“

Jungkook’s eyes widened. Seokjin suddenly just disappeared! He looked around looking for the ghost, while trying not to be so obvious but then the girl suddenly spoke rudely, “Yah, what are you looking around for?”

“Huh? Uh, no.” Jungkook spoke stiffly. He didn’t know the girl but suddenly she was speaking rudely towards her, “I-I’m just looking for something.”

“What are you looking fo—“ She was cut when one of the movie characters released a bloodcurdling scream that also lead to the unknown girl to scream and literally jump on Jungkook and hug the life out of him.

“M-miss?” Jungkook asked blushing. No, it’s not like he’s smitten. He’s jut feeling awkward and embarrassed. And where the hell is Seokjin? He’s worried. But a bit distracted.

“I told you that we should’ve just watched that cartoon movie.”  The girl sobbed and Jungkook was confused for a moment before he hesitantly asked, “Seokjin?”

“Hm? What?” The girl replied.

"You must be kidding me." Jungkook’s eyes widened. “What the hell? Woah, wait, I thought you said you can’t possess people?”


So this whole story is supposed to end already buuuuut then I decided to prolong it for a while you know. Keep you guys happy for now so enjoy it while you still can. Cause I'm gonna leave an angsty feeling with the rest. Love ya guyth ~