Halloween Dinner and the Truth

#InARelationshipWithTheGhost

Another chapter guys :> I’m going to start working here really like I’ve been just placing fluff and whatnots between Jin and Jungkook the past few chapters (not that I regret it) but I really need to work on the plot not cause I’m planning to end this story at around 10 or something chapters. I’m not sure. So yesh, here’s a chapter for you guys and my brain really isn’t functioning well right now, so try to comprehend me and my words.

And here’s the house by the way, (as requested by Unnie)

It’s supposed to be old anyway but still okay to be lived in. Don’t own the pic. Just found it on the net and thought it would be good for the story.


Jungkook: You guys don’t need to knock when you come. Just go in.

Taehyung: Sure :)

Jimin: But won’t it be rude?

Jungkook: Nope. I allowed you guys to do so anyway.

Hoseok: Alright. See you at eight, guys!

Taehyung: Hey, what do we have for dinner, Jungkook?

Jungkook: You’ll know when you’re here.

Jimin: Tae, that’s rude.  I’m sorry Jungkook, Taehyung is just a special type of person.

Taehyung: Aww, thank you Jiminie <3

Namjoon: Don’t think that was a compliment.

Yoongi: Will you guys shut up? I’m in class and my phone keeps vibrating.

Taehyung: Why don’t you just turn it off?

Taehyung: Okay, I didn’t see the name

Taehyung: sorry hyung

Yoongi: _|_

 

Jungkook sighs as the conversation ended at that. He placed the phone on the bedside table and charged it, he then moved towards his closet to look for something to wear. He was still fresh out of shower and his hair was still slightly damp and his towel lying lazily on his bed. Jungkook decides that a simple black shirt, pair of jeans and his favorite brown timberland boots would be perfect.

The raven hair decided that it looks good enough before he left the room to help in the kitchen, where a ghost was happily cooking food. Seokjin had suddenly offered to cook for this dinner when they were decorating the place the past few days. Of course, Jungkook wouldn’t deny that he loved the older’s cooking but he made sure to ask the other if it was truly okay and that he’s not just pranking or trying to poison them or anything similar to it.

The ghost shook his head and looked scandalized at that moment, saying that messing with food like that is just disrespectful. Jungkook had kept his mouth shut the rest of that day as Seokjin rambled about the importance of food.  But at least he’s confident enough that Seokjin won’t poison him or his friends.

“Smells good.” Jungkook commented as he enters the kitchen. He goes over to Seokjin, who was humming happily as he cooked. “What did you make?”

“Nothing much.” The ghost replied, “Just a pasta, fried chicken and oh—I made meatloaf shaped like a hand. Check it out!”

Jungkook smiled when he saw them. “They look good.”

“Here, have a taste.” Seokjin brought a fork with a piece of the meatloaf and fed it to the raven haired. He looked expectantly at the man as he chew the food, “Is it okay?”

Jungkook nodded eagerly at him and gave a thumbs up. He swallowed the food and said, “The best.” For someone who hates Halloween, these are really good.

“Of course.” Seokjin smiled proudly at Jungkook’s words. He moved back to continue cooking the rest of the food, “When is the ordered Halloween cake and cupcakes coming anyway?”

“They’re supposed to be delivered around seven.” Jungkook checks his wristwatch and shrugs, ‘It’s still six-thirty. Hey, can I help you with anything?”

“Yes. Can you please just work on placing faces on those carrot rice balls?” Seokjin said, “I’ve already cut out the olives and bellpeppers. Just form jack o’lanterns by pressing those on the rice balls.”

“Okay.” Jungkook said, working on Seokjin’s instructions.

In the middle of the preparations, Jungkook pauses from his work to head to the living room when the delivery arrived. He paused for a moment to deactivate the trap on his door before he opened to claim the cake with the spider and cobweb design and the cute cupcakes with fondant that looked like those cartoon white ghosts on top of them.

“That’s a poor imitation of a ghost.” He heared Seokjin comment and he laughs at the latter’s pout.

“Come on, it’s not like they could really imitate a real ghost now.” Jungkook said, “Besides I’m sure it tastes good. Do you want some?”

He watched as the elder hesitates to take the cupcakes. Suddenly, Seokjin huffed and said, “Eat later. You need to prepare because your guests are coming in an hour, might even be earlier.”

“Did you just decline food?’

“Kookie.”

“Hm?”

“Make sure to leave some of it for me.”

“Yeah.” Jungkook replies as he opens the refrigerator, “I actually ordered a lot because I know you want some. I also ordered a smaller cake because I know you’d hate the cake with the spider design on them.”

“Aww, I love you so much Kookie.” Seokjin beamed at him. The causes Jungkook to pause as his face reddens, “What did you say?”

“I Said I love you so much, idiot.” Seokjin giggled, “Now, why don’t you start setting the table. I’m done with all these, I’ll just wash them so that if your guests deiced to come in here, it won’t look like a dumpsite.”

“O-okay.” Jungkook stuttered as he moved to do as Seokjin had instructed, He didn’t mean it. What were you thinking Jungkook? Of course it was just something he had said because he was grateful or very happy. It meant nothing! Why are you so upset? What were you expecting? Damn it!

Jungkook had finished his task, his mind filled with thoughts of a certain ghost. He tried to tell himself to forget it, that it was just platonic and it meant nothing. His thoughts however were disrupted when the familiar exaggerated scream from the trap he set had rung. At that moment, Jungkook heard a voice high-pitched scream along with it filled with horror that Jungkook couldn’t help but laugh. There was another voice, deeper and raspier who screamed a ‘what the .’

Jungkook shook his head as he head to greet them but he stopped when he remembered that the ghost was still in the kitchen. Speaking of the ghost, he was sticking his head out of the door, “Your friends are here?”

“Yeah.” Jungkook nodded, “They are.”

“Oh.” Seokjin replied before he shrugged, “I’m finished anyway. I’ll go upstairs now.”

“Thanks.” Jungkook smiled, “I’ll call you when we’re done. But if you have concerns, just poke me. “

The ghost nodded and Jungkook decided that everything’s well. He went out of the door to approach his probably horrified or angered guests, followed by a ghost silently trailing behind him. When he enters the living room, he was greeted by the sight of Jimin breathing heavily with a hand on his heart and a clearly pissed Yoongi.

“Hey.” Jungkook greets with a smile, deciding not to point out the fact that the two are holding hands, “You guys are early.”

“Yeah.” Yoongi grumpily replied, the raven hair wished that he hadn’t angered the man enough to strangle him. “Jimin here insisted we come earlier than the rest.”

“Oh.” Jungkook replied, his eyes darted to the holding hands before they go back to Yoongi’s face. He notices that they both suddenly let go of each other’s hands as Jimin asked, “C-can we enter now?”

“Yeah, sure. Come in.” Jungkook watches in slight amusement as the two are walking inside, cautiously looking left and right in case of another trap. “Don’t worry. That was the only one.” Jungkook assured them. Jimin looked relived but Yoongi was still skeptical of him.

“Have a seat.” Jungkook offered. “The others might come soon. Do you want a juice or maybe a cupcake for the meantime?”

“No, thanks. We’ll wait for the other’s Kookie.” Jimin said with a smile, “Besides, we haven’t talked that much before, so how about making up to it right now? Let’s get to know each other.”

“Yeah.”

“The place is well-decorated.” Jimin commented as he looked around with a smile, “I liked how you dimed the room and added those glow in the darks at the sides. The cobwebs and spiders make this place really look like a haunted house.”

“Thanks. Taehyung suggested it.” Jungkook shrugged, “Said that my house is perfect for the occasion.”

“Well, it really is.” Jimin nudged Yoongi, “Don’t you think so, Yoongi-hyung?”

Yoongi seemed to snap out of something. He turned to Jimin with a confused expression. “What?”

Jungkook watched as Jimin repeated his question and Yoongi answers with a simple, ‘it’s fine.’ However Jungkook also noticed how Yoongi kept glancing on something behind him. Because of that, Jungkook looks back and is surprised to see Seokjin standing there with a heart-stricken expression. He looked like he was about to cry anytime again.

Why is Jin still here? Wait, is he having a problem or—

He was pulled out of his musing when he hears the front door creak open and he snaped his head to the direction. As expected, the obnoxious screaming came again and the fake spider falls onto the unlucky victim. Or victims.

It was Namjoon and Hoseok.

And what happened made Jungkook grip his stomach as he laughed, Jimin fell off the couch and Yoongi cackled along with them. Apparently, Hoseok had released a scream of horror and ended up jumping on Namjoon and gripping on him like a koala. Poor Namjoon was also surprised by both Hoseok and the trap that he went out of balance and fell face first on the floor, bringing Hoseok down with him.

When Jungkook had finally calmed down and the others, mostly Jimin, was trying to regain their breathing now, he looked back to check on the ghost but this time, he was no longer there. He wondered if he should excuse himself to check on the other but he stopped. I shouldn’t be doing this. He has his own problems and I have mine. It’s not like we’re together anyway. Besides, he needs time alone and if he needs me, he’ll ask for my help.

Jungkook decided that he’ll leave the other alone for now. As worried as he is, he should not interfere with the ghost’s life, or whatever life ghosts could have, unless he’s given permission to. He might seem meddlesome and he didn’t really like to be labeled that.

“That really scared me.” Hoseok commented afterwards as he plopped down onto the seat that was offered to him, “I lost ten years of my life guys.”

“Ugh.” Namjoon grunted as he rubbed his forehead that was hit really hard on the floor.

“Sorry.” Jungkook apologized but the image of the two down on the floor had him giggle again. Followed by Jimin who started to burst into fits of giggles.

 “Y-you guys looked really stupid.” Jimin said in between laughs. For a moment, Jungkook was worried that the other might not stop laughing and have difficulty breathing afterwards. Jimin seemed to have stopped as he tried to regain his breath but there was still a huge grin on his face.

“So, who’s not here yet?” Namjoon asked, though there was a hint of annoyance in his voice.

“Taehyung.”

At this, Namjoon’s expression changed from annoyance to mischievousness, “Well then I guess it’s payback. I wonder how he’ll look like, does anyone have a camera?”

“Use your phone, hyung.” Jimin said as he started giggling again.

It still wasn’t eight yet they’re here only waiting for one member. Jungkook found himself smiling as the others give out different guesses on how their last friend would probably react of the trap. Some were possible and quite hilarious to imagine while others were just downright exaggerated.

“That’s too much. I don’t think he’ll scream to the point that he can reach a whistle tone.” Jimin laughs but shakes his head dismissively at Hoseok’s suggestion, “Everyone knows how Taehyung’s voice is lower than anyone’s here. Even lower than Namjoon-hyung’s.”

“But what if it backfires because Taehyung won’t be scared at all?” Namjoon shrugged,”If you think about it, Taehyung really isn’t the jumpy type of person.”

“Well, we’ll just see.” Yoongi shrugged, “It’s already eight by the way, didn’t the alien say that he’d come at exacly eight?”

As if on cue, the door opens and everyone focuses their attention to the door with huge grins on their faces, Namjoon and Hoseok were both on their feet, their phones ready to snap pictures.

However, as if Namjoon’s words earlier were jinx, nothing really happened to Taehyung. Not because he didn’t get scared or anything but because the trap didn’t work. No horrible scream coming out of nowhere or falling spiders from above. Taehyung just stands there with a happy expression as he greets everyone.

“Why didn’t it work?”

“It’s probably Namjoon.”

“What did I do, hyung?”

“You were the one who opened the door. Maybe you broke it.”

“As if!”

Jungkook stands to go behind the door and sighed, “It’s nothing guys.” The others turned to him. He rolled his eyes as he closed the door after Taehyung came in and pointed on the outlet, “It seems that it didn’t work because it wasn’t connected. Too bad.”

“What a waste.” Namjoon sighed.

“What is a waste?” Taehyung asked, confused.

“Shall we have the dinner now?” Jungkook asked, ignoring his confused friend.  

“Hey, guys.” Taehyung chirped, “Someone inform me on what’s supposed to happen.”

“Yeah,” Namjoon shoved his phone is his pocket and followed the rest as Jungkook beckoned them towards the dining room, “I’m starving anyway.”

“Thanks guys.” Taehyung mumbled as he followed everyone, “You really are great friends.”

When everyone was inside the dining room, their mouths watered and their stomachs growled at the amazing smell. The circular dining table was covered by a black table linen. There were a few pumpkin candles and the Halloween-designed food was set on the table. It was clear that they wanted nothing more than to dig in but of course, they had to wait for Jungkook’s signal. He was the host after all. Jungkook, however, was not sure what to do at a time like this, after all, he never was the type to do these party and dinner things so he just said, “Uh… let’s eat?”

But he felt relaxed when the others just sat comfortably with the chairs around the table and started feasting with the food. A few compliments were thrown here and there but everyone was mostly silent as they enjoyed the food. After a while, the servings were wiped out clean and everyone patted the stomachs, feeling full. Even Jungkook himself.

“Do you think you guys could handle a dessert?” Jungkook asked for a while, his body feeling really heavy with all he had just ate.

“Maybe?” Hoseok asked nervously, “I’m not sure. I feel like I’m about to explode anytime.”

“I’ll just have a slice, kid.” Yoongi suddenly spoke, “You bought it for us so let’s at least eat some of it so that it won’t be a waste.”

“Don’t say it like that, I’d feel guilty.” Hoseok whined before he smiled at their host, “Maybe I’ll have a slice too.”

“You don’t have to force yourself if you really can’t.” Jungkook said as he stood up, “Anyone else?”

“I’ll just have a slice of cake and a glass of water.” Namjoon said, “If it’s not too much.”

“I’ll have the same as the rest.” Taehyung smiled. “How about you, Jimin?”

Jimin seemed to have not heard him because he kept staring at his empty plate. Taehyung called him again and he didn’t react. Yoongi decided to tap the other on the shoulder, Jimin jumped in surprise as he looked wide eyed at the other.

“Jungkook was asking if you want anything else.” Yoongi said.

“O-oh.” Jimin stuttered, “I-I don’t have anything else. Thank you.” He smiled politely at Jungkook before he looks away.

Jungkook thought it was a strange behavior but he decided not to pry. Again, he shouldn’t be sticking his nose into other’s business unless he needed to. He proceeded to give everyone what they had requested. The rest of the time ended up with them laughing as they talked about different things. Of course, things had to end and everyone started bidding goodbye as they head home. Taehyung, of course, told everyone to come to his mother’s Halloween party for tomorrow night.

Everyone promised to go. Jungkook watched as they left his house and when he was about to close the door, Jimin suddenly faced him, “Hey, Jungkook. Can I ask you something?”

“Yeah, sure.” Jungkook said, “What is it?”

“Where did you—“ Jimin looked away before he just shook his head and smiled at him, “Nevermind. The food tasted great, thanks. See you tomorrow!”

“Yeah, see you tomorrow.” Jungkook replied. When he was sure that everyone had really left, he closed the door and decided to go upstairs to call the ghost. When he was outside their room, he knocked on the door and heard some shuffling inside, “Hey. They’re gone. Do you want to eat?”

“Yeah.” Came the reply, Jungkook heared something open—Seokjin’s closet—and suddenly he hears a thud and a yelp of surprise.

“Are you okay in there?”

“Huh? Yeah, it just fell out of my hands.”

“What fell?”

The door opened in front of him to reveal a disheveled Seokjin with a nervous smile, “Nothing.”

Jungkook gave him a suspicious stare but decided not to say anything. He just shook his head and gestured for the ghost to come down with him, the elder follows him dutifully. “Everyone liked your food, by the way.”

The ghost hummed in response and Jungkook wondered why. He expected the ghost to smile proudly or something. Maybe he’s not on the mood?

They walked silently towards the dining room and Jungkook notices how many dishes he has to wash today. “I’ll help you clean that.” He hears the ghost say behind him.

“Thanks.” He mutters.

“Why don’t we just do the chores first?” Seokjin suggests, “So that ants won’t come you know. And it’ll get nasty if you leave it unwashed for a long time.”

“If you say so.” Jungkook said as he decides to help the ghost carry the plates, utensils and glasses towards the sink. “I definitely should get a new dishwasher. We really need it and the previous one got broken in only a week.”

“What did you even do to it?” Seokjin laughs at him but he continues with his work. “So, about your friends.”

“Yeah? Sorry. Were we too noisy?” Jungkook asked as he starts washing the plates.

“No, not really.” Seokjin shook his head, he moves beside Jungkook to help him wash—their shoulders touching slightly, “It’s just that—that guy, you know that pink hair? I heard you call him Yoongi, right?”

“Right.” Jungkook replied, wondering slightly why he’s being asked, “What about him?”

“Is he dating anyone at the moment?”

Okay that was an unexpected question.

“Don’t tell me you’re interested with him?” Jungkook raised an eyebrow—feeling something in him boil, “Well, don’t be. I’m pretty sure he can’t see you like I can. Plus, he’s not the type to date with someone. Are you listening to me, Jin? Don’t date him. Just—“

“I’m not planning to date him, genius.” Seokjin huffed, “Just curious. That’s all.”

Jungkook sighed in relief at that statement. For a moment he was worried there. Wait what? Why would I be worried? So what if Jin is interested in someone else? SO what? Argh, who am I kidding?

Everything went silent after that. They concentrated on their work until they finished. Seokjin decided that he didn’t want to eat the cake and just have it tomorrow. Jungkook agreed with him and he went to the living room to watch something on Netflix. The ghost said he’ll just be staying upstairs.

Jungkook wanted to follow him and ask him if something is wrong but once again, he stopped himself. If anything is wrong with Jin, wait for him to tell you. Don’t do anything. Why are you so bothered anyway?

Jungkook was stuck with his thoughts as he was watching the movie, halfway through it though, he cant concentrate on the show and he learned that he can’t take his mind off the ghost so he decided to just ask, It won’t hurt if I ask him. But what if it’s a sensitive topic? But if it really bothers him, I could maybe offer him something. Or I could cheer him up. Yes, I’ll do just that.

But as he turned the television off and stood up from his seat, he hears a knock from his door. He glances at his wristwatch and is confused. After all, who would visit him at eleven at night? He stretches a bit before he moves to grab a broom from the side when he was cleaning earlier. He moves slowly to the door, and cautiously opens it, broom in the other hand.

What if it’s a thief or murderer? It’s really late after all.

As Jungkook fully opened the door, he raised his hand, about to hit the stranger. But he stops midway when he recognizes the person before him.

“Yoongi-hyung?” Jungkook blinks, “What are you doing here?”

His question was unasked as Yoongi shoved him inside and closed the front door, locking it before the other darts his eyes around the house. “I-is he here?”

“Who?”

“The ghost.”

“What?” Jungkook was dumbfounded. There’s no way Yoongi would know about Seokjin so he decided to play dumb, “I don’t know what you’re talking about hyung.”

“Listen, I know that he’s here and I know that you know so don’t play dumb with me Jungkook.” Yoongi hissed, “I know that he’s here. Kim Seokjin is here. In this house. He was there with us the whole time, watching us as we ate.”

Jungkook’s eyes widen when the ghost’s name was mentioned. Full name. He didn’t even know that until now. And what does Yoongi mean by Seokjin being there the whole time? Seokjin was upstairs. Jungkook didn’t see him and Jungkook voices that out.

“You didn’t notice him?” Yoongi asked, “He was there, watching us. He was with us all those time. Just like last time, when you first brought us here.”

“What are you talking about?” Jungkook paused as he remember that Seokjin did come down that time due to the thunder, “Well, maybe he did come down due to the storm but—“

“He was with us way before that.”

“What are you talking about? Seokjin wasn’t there.” Jungkook argued, “He was just upstairs eating the food I gave him and then he went down because of the thunderstorm and then when you guys left, he asked for food because h-he—“

Jungkook paused as he remembered Seokjin’s words.

“I was watching you all this time you know! How mean of you to not give me some of those chocolate cake! Let's get dessert, Jungkook!” Seokjin beamed at the idea.

“Okay. So maybe, yes. He was watching us all this time.” Jungkook admitted, “But that doesn’t mean anything. It’s not like he was hurting anybody or what. He was probably just watching us but he’s not hurting anyone!”

“Maybe.” Yoongi said before he looked around, “Seokjin is not the type to hurt someone. He’s a different person compared to him.”

“Who’s he?” Jungkook asked, “I’m tired of wondering about him. Who’s him? Seokjin’s brother?”

“He hasn’t told you anything?” Yoongi looked at Jungkook before he shook his head, “What am I talking about? Of course no one in their right mind would talk about their murderer.”

“M-murderer?” Jungkook’s eyes widened for the second time, he feels his blood boil at the information. Jin was murdered? Who would kill someone such as Jin? He’s such a kind and nice person despite his mischievousness—but it was all for fun! He’s not a mean person. I just can’t think of reasons why someone would kill him.

“Don’t tell me you were thinking that Seokjin died peacefully all this time.” Yoongi raised an eyebrow at him.

“I didn’t think of it that way but.”Jungkook stopped, “I wasn’t hoping for it to be a murder. I thought it would’ve been an accident or something. I just didn’t think that someone would kill him. I mean, who would do such a thing? Becau—wait.” Jungkook paused as his thoughts go back to that night when Seokjin cried, “He’s scared of the thunder, hyung. D-does that have any relations to his death?”

“You really don’t know anything, do you?” Yoongi sighed at him, “Come meet me tomorrow, I’ll tell you everything I know. We can’t risk talking here where he could be listening to us. Not that I don’t trust him but I don’t think he’d react well if I told you the truth. If he isn’t telling you anything that must mean that he doesn’t want you to know.”

“To know what?” Jungkook asked, but the thought of Seokjin being murdered is still bothering him, “Before you leave hyung, at least tell me who killed him. Is it a neighbor? Was he dating someone and that person killed him? Or was it—wait, could it be that it’s his brother? He seemed to be—“

“You idiot, Jimin won’t do such a thing.” Yoongi glared at him, “Jimin treasures his brother too much to do such a thing.”

Jungkook was baffled by that statement.

“J-Jimin? Brother? What?”


And that’s it people. I’m sorry. Is it confusing? No? Yes? Sorry. Hope you still enjoyed this one.

Thank you for reading! Thanks for those who subscribed, commented and upvoted! <3

Jinkook <3