Thunder, Tears and Smiles

#InARelationshipWithTheGhost

Sorry guys, this was typed in my iPad cause I was bored during the flight yesterday. I only remembered to post it now sorry. Also, excuse all the errors you'll see here and I'll warn you guys in advance if cheesiness makes you cringe. I don't know but I was in that mood yesterday and look what happened to this story. Sorry if it makes you cringe ohmigosh 


“Here. I bought you five boxes of pizza, a lasagna, two pretzel burgers and a liter of coke.” Jungkook groaned at the delivery he had in his hands. Strangely today, Hoseok was not the one who delivered it ,”Seriously, you're money out of my wallet.” 

“Money is meant to be used.” Seokjin drooled at the heaven in Jungkook’s arms, “You're using it wisely.”

“I highly doubt it.” Jungkook evades Seokjin when the ghost tried to dive for the food, “You’re not eating it now.” 

“But why? Delicious food are meant to be eaten immediately.” Seokjin groaned and the pointed at the food, “Can’t you hear it? It's clearly saying ‘Seokjin, please eat me~’ and so I'm going to eat it!” 

“You will. Just not now.” Jungkook protected the food in his arms when the other tried to take it again, “And don't make things up. Foods don't talk, that's just strange.” 

As if gluttonous ghosts aren't strange enough.

“But why?” Seokjin whined. Suddenly the ghost just had a brilliant idea to use aegyo, and making Jungkook wince, “Please Jungkookie, I'm hungry won't you please feed me?” 

“No.” Jungkook glared defiantly, “Sorry but I'm aegyo-proof. It won't work on me. And no, unless I say so; you're not eating this yet.” 

“But when can I eat it?” Seokjin pouted, still not giving up with his aegyo— because no matter how much Jungkook denies it, Seokjin can see through him and he was clearly affected by the aegyo, “This hyung is hungry, Jungkookie. Please feed him.” 

“No.” Jungkook, despite a bit of difficulty, replied, “Because Taehyung’s friends are staying here for a while and in order for you to behave, you must have some sort of distraction. You can pig out in our room once the visitors arrive and you are to stay in that room unless I say so.” 

“No.” Seokjin gives up with the aegyo and crosses his arms, “that won't be enough.” He suddenly held out his hand and demands, “I need your phone too.” 

“No, you're not going to get my phone.” 

“But Kookie—“

“Don't you Kookie me because aegyo won't work! Stop pouting! And I thought you said Twitter is boring?” 

“It was until you admitted to being trans.” 

“No, I didn't. How could—“ 

They were disturbed by a knock. Jungkook turned to the door before he sighed, giving Seokjin the delivery— to which the latter smiled in delight— and gesturied for the ghost to go upstairs, “Don’t ever go down until I say so, got it?” 

Seokjin doesn't reply but he stares at Jungkook, a certain look in his face that Jungkook understood completely since last night. 

“No.” Jungkook said immediately, shaking his head in disapproval, “Those food in your hands are enough. You're not taking my phone.” 

“Bully.” Seokjin sticks a tongue out at Jungkook before he flies towards the stairs— the delivery in his hands. 

“Who's the bully?” Jungkook muttered it himself, I hope he would give me a break today. Please have mercy, don't make him do stupid things today. Jungkook prayed silently before he moves to open the door. 

“Hey, Jungkook!” Of course it was no other than Taehyung who greeted him with a huge grin on his face. 

“Hey.” Jungkook moved a bit to let the other in along with his hopefully soon-to-be-friends, “Come in.” He observed the people who went in and he only gave them a stiff smiles when they smile at him until he saw a familiar face, “Hoseok?” 

“Hey Jungkook!” The said man laughed and patted Jungkook, “Taehyung told me that he had a friend to introduce and I didn't think it was you. I was so surprised when he bought us here. Woah, so you're house was the rumored haunted house, huh? It doesn't look haunted at all! I never thought of it that way all the time.” 

“You guys know each other?” Taehyung asked Hoseok, “How come?” 

“This guy apparently is a huge pizza eater and a regular customer at our shop.” Hoseok winked, “I'm his loyal deliverer.” 

“You’re not working today?” Jungkook asked. 

“Yeah,” Hoseok smiled, “I took the day off when Tae here said that he had a friend to introduce us. I was excited so I came!” 

“You liar.” A blonde haired man spoke at the side, “You came up with several excuses not to come here hyung because Taehyung mentioned that it was a haunted house.” 

“Nonsense.” Hoseok said, “I-I'm not scared of ghosts. Besides, if Taehyung hadn't told me, I wouldn't think of this place as a haunted house, it looks cool! You even have a flat screen. Rich kid, aren't we, Jungkook?” 

“No, not really.” Jungkook scratched the back of his head. He turned to the to the other guests. One, two three. Jungkook faced Taehyung with a confused expression, “I thought you said you’ll bring four friends?” 

“I did. Jimin’s outside. He doesn't want to go in and insisted that he’ll wait for us outside.” Taehyung said, “Seriously, there's nothing scary here but we respect his decision. Anyways, can we sit down?” 

“Oh, uh yeah, I'm sorry.” Jungkook gestured to the black modern sofas in the living room, “Have a seat. I'll go get the food in the kitchen.” Because Jungkook, aside from ordering Seokjin’s food, had to order something else for his visitors. Such a generous kid he is. 

“I’ll help you.” Hoseok stood up with a grin, “Wow, not only are you letting us in your cool place but you're feeding us as well? Taehyung, take notes, this is how you treat guests.” 

“Why me?” Taehyung groaned, “I treat my guests with courtesy.” 

“Yeah right.” A blonde haired man scoffed, “If you call glomping on anyone when you welcome them in and talking nonstop about Haikoy—“  

“Haikyuu.” Taehyung corrected. “It's called Haikyuu, Namjoon-hyung.” 

“Whatever,”the blonde—  Namjoon —rolled his eyes, “but bottomline is— you're a ty host.” 

“Hey.” Taehyung pouted, “That title should be given to Yoongi-hyung “ 

“Shut up kid.” A lethargic man with pink hair, Jungkook assumed that he’s Yoongi, said. “Yoongi-hyung’s an exception.” 

“You're all ganging up on me.” Taehyung sighed, “It’s unfair! Jungkook! Side with me! Tell them they're wrong.” 

“Don't mind them Jungkook.” Hoseok laid a hand on Jungkook’s shoulders, “They’re just kids.” 

Jungkook nodded at Hoseok, giggling a bit at the sight of Taehyung’s defeated look. He’s starting to like the new people because he felt that they're comfortable to be with. They also reminded him of his friends back in Busan. He kind of missed them. With Hoseok’s help, the food was brought on the living room and placed on the low modern table. There is one chocolate cake, cookies and a pitcher of juice. Taehyung excitedly accepted the plate and fork that Jungkook held out for him. 

“Wow. You're okay with us eating in the living room?” 

“Yeah,” Jungkook shrugged, “I myself really don't care whether I eat in the dining room or not.” 

They started eating with the food on the table and chatted about little things. Questions were sent to Jungkook, asking about his family, life back in Busan, why he moved here and etcetera. Jungkook religiously answered all their questions and got to know them better. He learned that The Pizza Peel was actually a family business and that's why Hoseok works there in his free time. 

He also learned that Taehyung is actually a student in animation. The latter’s dream is to publish a manga of his own and have it become an anime. Namjoon and Yoongi are both underground rappers. Then Hoseok pointed out that the guy outside, Jimin, wanted to be a lawyer. 

“He has a strong sense of justice.” Hoseok said, “I wonder if he’s really okay out there. I mean he's missing on all of these.” He gestured to the food. 

“Why don't we just call him in? After all, nothing scary seems to be happening.” Taehyung grinned and wiggled his eyebrows at Yoongi. 

“Not yet.” Yoongi mumbled before he faced Jungkook, “Hey kid, do you mind if we check around your house a bit?” 

“I'm not really sure.” Jungkook shifted in his seat, “It’s not like I don't trust you but I don't really like to have uh…” 

“It's okay.” Hoseok grinned, “it would be quite rude also.” Hoseok sent a look at Yoongi, “We don't mind.” 

Yoongi just shrugged at this and sent a lazy smile to Jungkook. The young man sent a smile in return. This is probably going to be his friends during his stay here so might as well get comfortable with them. 

Everything seemed to go well and Jungkook silently thanked the heavens above that the ghost was not doing anything at all. Taehyung then stood up and said that maybe they should go somewhere like the park to bond. But the idea was postponed when a loud thunder was heard from outside. 

“Man, is it going to rain?” Taehyung mumbled under his breath before he remembered, “. Jimin’s still outside.” Taehyung turned to Jungkook, “do you mind if I call him in?”

“Yeah.” Jungkook nodded. “It's not a problem. I’d rather not have him soaked outside if it rains anyway.” 

“Thanks.” Taehyung moved out to call Jimin and Hoseok followed after him saying that Jimin is hard to convince because the other was stubborn about not wanting to get inside. Jungkook just watched them go outside and suddenly the atmosphere became awkward. Yoongi didn't seem to want to talk and Namjoon seemed still be a bit awkward with him. 

“So uh—“ Namjoon attempted to start a conversation but was immediately cut off by another thunder. “Man, I guess we really can't go out today, huh?” 

“Yeah.” Jungkook replied and just that, it was silent again. Jungkook shifted in his seat as he stared at the used plates and leftovers on the table. Maybe he should just bring those in the kitchen. The raven haired was about to pick them up when he suddenly felt something cold poking behind him and he panicked slightly. He turned to see the ghost behind him with a confused look that clearly said ‘what are you doing here?’ The ghost seemed to understand the look as he said in a soft, shaky voice, “I got scared.” Only then did Jungkook notice the tears at the corner of Seokjin's eyes. 

He turned to look at Namjoon who seemed to be engrossed in observing the surroundings and Jungkook turned to Yoongi and he flinched at the intense stare that was directed to him. Or was it really directed to him? 

“U-uh, I'll clean this up now.” Jungkook moved to pile the plates and carry them along with the glasses and fork. 

“I’ll help.” Namjoon said immediately but Jungkook politely declined him. The raven haired walked inside the kitchen, he knew that Seokjin was following him as the ghost was gripping his shirt but when he looked behind— Yoongi was still staring at him. Once Jungkook was inside the kitchen, he placed the plates and utensils in the sink and faced the ghost, who was looking anywhere but him. 

“Are you okay?” Jungkook asked softly when he saw the ghost was visibly trembling. The ghost was about to answer when another loud bang was heard outside. Immediately, the spirit jumped towards Jungkook, arms tightly wrapped around the human and face buried in his chest. Jungkook could feel that he was trembling and he asked in a gentle tone, “are you scared of the thunder?”  The ghost didn't say anything but he hugged Jungkook tighter and he began trembling more. Jungkook didn't know if he was imagining it but he could feel his shirt getting soaked. “A-are you crying?” 

“Seokjin.” Jungkook sighed as he brought his hands to hug back, rubbing small circles on Seokjin’s back, “It’s alright. I'm here.” 

“N-no.” The ghost trembled and Jungkook felt his heart ache at the sound, “H-he's going to come for me. H-he—“ 

“Who's he?” Jungkook asked softly— afraid that if he raises his voice even for a bit, the ghost might get startled . The ghost only sobbed harder. Does he have a phobia? Maybe it has something to do when he was still alive

“Shh. It's okay, Seokjin. I'm here.” Jungkook hugged the ghost tighter, “Whoever he is, he's not coming. Nothing's going to happen to you. I promise.” 

This seemed to make Seokjin sob harder, “H-he said the s-same thing to me. He said that before h-he—“ His words were cut off when another thunder came. It seemed to be raining hard outside.

“Jungkook!” The said man heard Taehyung’s voice coming from outside. Footsteps could be heard coming nearer and Jungkook hesitated. He can't have others question him for his position— he was hugging a ghost, what would he look like? But he also didn't want to push Seokjin away in his vulnerable state. Lucky for him, the ghost seemed to understand his state and hesitantly pulled away just in time for his friend to come in. 

“Is it okay if we— why is your shoulder wet?” Taehyung asked. Jungkook looked and indeed, there’s a spot on his left shoulder that was slightly darker and damp. He glanced at the ghost from the side who was rubbing his red puffy eyes. He felt his heart clench at the sight.

“Anyway,” Taehyung continued, “I'm sorry but can we just postpone our plans for today? The others already called for taxi and are waiting in the living room.” 

“Yeah, sure.” Jungkook said, “I don't mind.”

“I’m really sorry.” Taehyung rubbed his head apologetically, “I didn’t know that it would be a bad weather today.” 

“It's really alright.”  Jungkook smiled a bit but he felt impatient when he saw the ghost tremble again in his peripheral view,” if you don't mind Taehyung, I need to wash these plates—“ 

“Let me help—“ 

“No, it's okay.” Jungkook declined, “I can do it by myself. Just wait in the living room and be comfortable. You're a visitor after all.” 

“Are you sure? But—“ 

“Taehyung please.” 

“Oh, okay sure.” He saw a bit of confusion and hurt in Taehyung’s eyes before the latter left him. Jungkook realized his tone and reminded himself to make it up to Taehyung next time but right now, Seokjin is his first priority. With Taehyung gone, Jungkook moved to Seokjin’s side and held the other gently. He pulled a chair from the side and gently told the ghost to take a seat. The elder followed obediently and sat on the chair. Jungkook kneeled in front of him and held both his hands— gently massaging them with his thumbs. 

“Seokjin,” Jungkook started, “If anything’s wrong, you know you can always tell me, right?” 

The ghost looked at the raven haired in the eye before he looked away, “I'm sorry.” 

“About what?” 

“You should go back there.” Seokjin said, “You should be meeting new friends and not trying to comfort me. I'm supposed to be older than you.” 

“I don't see a connection.” Jungkook replied, “Just because you're older than me doesn't mean I can't comfort you, can I? I care for you.” 

“Don't say that.” Seokjin whispered as he looked away,” You’re starting to sound like him. Stop it.” 

“Who is he?” 

Seokjin looked away, debating whether he should tell. Then he looked back at Jungkook before he hesitantly said, “M-my brother.” He sobbed at that,” He told me that everything would be okay. That he'd be there for me. That he cared. T-then one day…” Seokjin brought both of his hands to cover his face,” It’s all my fault.” 

“It's not your fault.” Jungkook said as he looked at the other, “Whatever it is, I'm sure you didn't mean any harm.” What's with this feeling? Why does it hurt so much to see him cry like this? Jungkook stood from his position on the ground to hug Seokjin. He didn't care anymore if others would walk in and see him seemingly hugging nothing. All he cared about is making the other stop. He didn't care if his housemate would order several pizzas or would tweet nonsense using his phone. All he cared about is to dry those tears and make him smile like he usually would.  After a while, not moving from his position, Seokjin broke the silence. 

“J-Jungkook?” He heard the other whisper.

“Yeah?” 

“I think the thunder stopped.” He heard the other say, “I-I’m fine now.” 

Jungkook pulled away to see the other staring at the ground, his ears red. Is he okay? Jungkook wanted to ask but the ghost spoke first, “I think you should go check on your friends. I'll be fine now. I'll just go upstairs.” 

“Are you sure?” 

“Yeah.” Seokjin nodded timidly, Jungkook didn't know if he was imagining it but the other’s cheeks were tainted pink. “I'll be fine now. The rain seemed to have calmed down now. But it's getting dark so I think you should speak with your friends for a while.” 

Jungkook wanted to stay with Seokjin but he had to respect the other. He decided to give the ghost a time to be alone before he checked on his visitors. He wondered if he already had a bad impression for leaving his new friends alone like that but when he entered the room, the others seemed to have a gone and there were only two people left. 

Jungkook recognized the other as Yoongi but he didn't know the other man who was staring intently on the carpeted floor. Then he suddenly realized, Maybe that guy is Jimin? He decided to fake a cough to make his presence known. This seemed to do the trick because both heads turned to him and he shifted uncomfortably the attention. 

“Uh,” Jungkook struggled with his words, “A-Are you guys not heading home yet?” 

The new guy, Jimin, suddenly stood up and said, “I thought it would be rude to leave without introducing myself at least, I mean, you allowed me inside. My name is Park Jimin, by the way.” 

“I'm Jeon Jungkook.” He offered a small smile and walked towards the other to shake hands. There was silence after that and Jungkook awkwardly gestured for Jimin to seat down. The other sat obediently. “So uh…” 

“I was about to leave earlier but Jimin didn't want to be left alone here.” Yoongi answered when he saw Jungkook staring at him. Jungkook nodded at this answer. “Don't worry kid. The next taxi is coming so we’ll be leaving shortly.”

“Hoseok-hyung and Namjoon-hyung wanted to say goodbye to you but Taehyung told them to leave you alone for a bit.” Jimin said. Jungkook nodded at that information and thanked Jimin. There was silence after that, the rain outside seemed to be the only noise in the room. I'm such a bad host. Jungkook thought as he tried to think of a way to initiate a conversation. 

But he was saved when Jimin spoke first. 

“It's a nice house.” 

“Thanks.” 

“How long did it take for you to fix everything?” Jimin asked, “This place looks different. I almost couldn't recognize it.” 

Jungkook wondered what that meant and he asked, “You’ve been here before?” 

“Huh? Uh…” 

“We used to come here a lot.” Yoongi suddenly answered, “For something as stupid as a test of courage.” 

“Oh.” Was Jungkook’s only reply. He started to think of words to say and he found himself asking, “Do you believe that there's really a ghost in here?” 

“What do you think kid?” Jungkook flinched when he saw Yoongi’s stare. There was something there that Jungkook couldn't fathom, “I think you know the answer to that.” 

“Yoongi.” Jimin said sternly. Jungkook wondered why the other didn't add ‘hyung’ but he decided not to pry. “Jungkook, right? C-can I ask you something?” 

“Yeah sure. Anything.” 

“Have you entered all the rooms in this house?” 

“Yeah, I—“ Jungkook stopped himself as he thought hardly, “No, I haven't opened two rooms upstairs yet.” Because I was too busy with a certain ghost who wouldn't let me in them, I haven't even cleaned the study room yet. 

“I see.” Jimin whispered and Jungkook wondered if he had just imagined that Jimin’s expression changed for a moment, “T-then how about that room?” 

“What room?” Jungkook followed Jimin’s line of sight and he found himself staring at the door near the stairs. I forgot that it was there, a few weeks ago it was covered in boxes that I forgot about it ‘til now. 

“Have you opened it?” 

“No.” Jungkook said, “Not yet.” Again, Jungkook wondered if his mind was playing tricks when he sees Jimin’s expression change. He didn't understand what kind of emotion was there. He sees relief, as if his worries were eased. But he could also see anxiousness in there and a bit of uncertainty and fear. But most of all, he sees regret and doubt. 

Jungkook wanted to ask but he didn't. As curious as he is, he didn't want to seem nosy especially that he had just met a Jimin today. Thoughts were disturbed when a certain honk was heard outside and Yoongi’s phone rang. The pink haired answered the phone and nodded, turning to Jimin, “Taxi’s here.” The phone call ended shortly, Yoongi faced Jungkook and smiled at him, “It’s nice meeting you kid.” 

“You too, hyung— is it okay if I call you that?” 

Yoongi nodded and suddenly his gaze moved to the door heading to the kitchen, something in his eyes changed. Jungkook looked back and was surprised to see Seokjin there who had a surprised expression. Before he knew it, Yoongi abruptly pulled Jimin’s hand and walked fast-paced towards the door. He muttered a quick ‘see you next time kid’ before he exited through the door, leaving Jungkook bewildered. 

“W-were they your friends?” Seokjin asked. Jungkook turned to him and nodded. 

“Yes, why?” 

“Nothing.” Seokjin replied before he asked, “What do you plan to order for dinner?” 

“Whatever you want.” Jungkook replied immediately, and he was a bit surprised because never lets the other choose the order when he was there, always reasoning that the ghost would his money dry. But Jungkook’s thoughts were completely erased when he sees a delighted smile form from on the ghost’s lips. 

“I want pizza!” 

Of course he'd choose pizza.

“And—“

There’s more?

“I was watching you all this time you know! How mean of you to not give me some of those chocolate cake! Let's get dessert, Jungkook!” Seokjin beamed at the idea, “Maybe we could get some of those milkshakes I saw on commercials! Oh and that chicken also with different flavors! Please!” 

“Alright. Alright.” Jungkook smiled, “I'll get them for you.” 

“Yay!” Seokjin exclaimed, “I'll be upstairs then.” 

“Okay, I'll call you when it's here.” Jungkook replied. When he went to the telephone to order for pizza, a sudden thought went to him. Why am I spoiling him? And why do I enjoy the thought of doing so? When the phone was answered on the other side, Jungkook pushed his thoughts away as he ordered everything that Seokjin asked for.

Later that night, Jungkook watched with a smile as Seokjin animatedly ate the food and suddenly started explaining how this was made and that. Jungkook was at lost as Seokjin started explaining the flavored chicken—‘ this one taste like strawberry’ Seokjin had said as he shoved a whole chicken in Jungkook’s mouth. Jungkook had to slowly eat them all as Seokjin started shoving more in his mouth. But nevertheless, he was happy. Because Seokjin is smiling like he is right now.

Jungkook decided that he didn't want to see the other cry anymore. 

When they finished, Seokjin offered to wash the dishes for him. The raven haired boy was skeptical with the idea at first but after Seokjin promised that he won't break the plates just to annoy him, he agreed. Though he would check on the other often. As the ghost was washing the dishes, Jungkook was bent slightly on the counter, writing something on a peice of paper. 

“Seokjin.” Jungkook called out. 

“Jin.” 

“What?” Jungkook looked up, confused.

“You can call me Jin.” The ghost shrugged, “Seokjin is too long.” 

“Alright, Jin.” Jungkook spoke the name and it felt prefect, slipping out of his tongue, “In exchange, you can call me anything you want.” 

“Alright. Hi ‘anything you want’”

“Jin.”  Jungkook sighed exasperatedly, “I'm serious here.” 

“Hello ‘serious here’” Seokjin stifled a laugh, seemingly finding his little joke funny. But Jungkook didn't see the fun in that yet he finds himself smiling at the latter’s giggles.

“Fine, I won't buy you pizza anymore if you keep joking.” Jungkook lied. He was still going to buy pizza for the other, regardless. 

“Geez, kill joy.” Seokjin pouted, “I hate kill joys and I hate you. Thus, I’ll call you seagull because I hate them and you came from Busan.” 

“Seagull?” Jungkook raised an eyebrow at the weird name, “Seriously.”

“It's been decided.” The ghost huffed as he was almost finished with the dishes, “nothing can change my mind now.” 

“Whatever you say.” Jungkook rolled his eyes and he went back to the paper, “I was actually going to ask you if you have anything you want because I'm shopping tomorrow for groceries. We can't always rely on take out so I thought I could buy a few things for food. But since you're so—“ 

“Kookie!” Jungkook let out an ‘oof’ when Seokjin jumped at him, “I'll call you ‘Kookie’ because you're sweet. Now, please get me some ice cream. Oh and I think we should get eggs, so many things we could do with eggs. Oh and—“

The list was endless. Jungkook regretted asking again but when he sees Seokjin’s smile. He immediately told himself that it's worth it. 

“Hey.” Jungkook spoke, “I'm spoiling you too much, you know that right?” 

Seokjin nodded happily at him and spoke, “Because of this, I might consider not kicking you out anymore!” 

“Might?” Jungkook raised an eyebrow, “So a part of you still considers kicking me out?” 

“Maybe.” Seokjin winked at him. 

After a few giggles and laughs, finalizing the grocery list. Jungkoo placed them on his bedside table so that he’ll be reminded of it tomorrow. He spoke a goodnight to Seokjin and the ghost replied the same. Jungkook wonders what had gotten into him as he slept with a smile. 

Jin should just keep smiling like that.


And that's it peeps. Did you survive that? Did it make you cringe? Was it bad? Or okay? Thank you for reading, subscribing, commenting and upvoting <3 ((for any errors, typos noticed, please comment so I can edit it thank you <3)) 

Jinkook is love <3