Chapter 6

My Treasure

Chapter 6

I just want to get home and lay down I think to myself as I ride the elevator up to my own dorm.

           As I make my way out of the elevator and start walking to my door, I notice a male hooded figure leaning on the wall next to my door. Panic fills me as I get closer and closer. Maybe if I ignore him he won’t say anything.

“_________!” The hooded figure says while lightly touching my upper arm.

Ah! I scream out.

“Calm down _____! It’s me Hunchul!” He says while pulling his hood back and taking off his face mask.

“Ya! You scared me!” I say holding my hand over my racing heart.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you. I just didn’t want to get recognized.”

“It’s fine. What brings you here?” I question as I open the door letting the both of us in.

“How are you holding up?... I saw the articles.”

            I don’t know if it was because Hunchul brought it up or because I’ve been holding everything in since leaving Hanbin’s dorm but I just couldn’t take it anymore and start to cry again.

            Hunchul feeling sympathy quickly rushes to your side and engulfs you in a comforting hug. “Shhhh. It’s okay ______. Cry. Cry all you want. I’m here for you.”

            That is exactly what I did. While sitting down on my couch in the embrace of Hunchul, I cried to my heart’s content while he rubbed my back. I don’t care if I look like the bride of Chucky. He’s one of my best friends and I’m sure he comprehends my situation.

            After a while Hunchul pulls away, lightly wipes my tears away with his thumbs, and asks “Are you feeling better?”

            Not being able to talk through my sobs, I shake my head in acknowledgement.

“Wait right here. I’ll go make some tea.”

“Here you go” he says setting two mugs of tea on the coffee table. “Be careful it’s still hot.”

“Thank you” I softly say with my voice under better control.

“No problem. Did you see Hanbin today?”

“How did you know?”

“I only guessed because of how beautifully dressed you are but I can see from your reaction that I was right.”

Sigh “I did” I respond taking a small sip of tea.

“So, what happened?”

            With that I tell Hunchul exactly what happened.

“I can’t believe I almost came close to hitting him on the face” I confess in shame.

“Seriously? After what he did to you? He deserves much more than just a slap on the face.”

“But I love him oppa”. Hunchul’s eyes soften as it’s the first time ever that you call him oppa. While dating Hanbin you never called any guy oppa as you thought it was inappropriate since you had a boyfriend.

“You’re too good for him ________. This is why you shouldn’t have gone out with a boy. You should go out with a man. A man is mature enough to not play games and knows how to treat a girl with respect.” Sigh “You are such a smart and gorgeous girl who has the entire world in her hands. You deserve the very best life has to offer you. So, with that being said forget that loser. There are much better guys out there for you.”

“Like who?”

“Hmm… Like me” Hunchul cheekily states with his stunning smile.

            I can’t help but stifle a giggle at that.

“What? What’s so funny?”

“Nothing” I lightly smile through my pain.

“There’s that pretty smile I love” Hunchul says smiling while placing his fingers under my chin. “What time do you finish your final tomorrow?”

“Around 4. Why?”

“I would like to take you out to celebrate your graduation and ending things with that douche.”

“Thanks for the offer oppa but I don’t feel like being out in public right now.”

“I can understand that. How about dinner at my place?”

“Hmm… Okay, that sounds fine” I say not being able to decline my close friend since I won’t see him for a while after leaving Korea.

“Great! I’ll pick you up from the school.”

            I shake my head in agreement as I take the last sip of my tea.

“Are you done with your tea?” I ask Hunchul.

“Ah, ne.”

            Hearing that I grab both of our mugs and take them over to the sink.

            Just as I approach the couch once more I stop and look at Hunchul in confusion. He has a small decorative pillow from the couch sitting atop his thighs and is patting it as he’s looking at me.

“…”

“Come and lay down for a little bit. You’ve had a stressful day.”

            Agreeing with his statement I walk over and rest my head on the pillow as he drapes us with a small blanket I always keep on the couch in case I get cold.

“There you go. Just rest. Oppa is here” Hunchul coos while lightly my hair.

            A few tears manage to escape my swollen eyes and within a few minutes my mind wanders to a happier place, away from reality.