Chapter 1

My Treasure

Chapter 1

“Where are you and the boys going out tonight?” I question my boyfriend Hanbin while staring at my white ceiling laying down.

“Not sure yet. Probably just walk around and see what there is to do.”

“Have fun but be careful. I know how crazy your fans are” I sigh with concern.

“You worry too much babe” Hanbin chuckles.

“Of course I do! What if you have a creepier stalker or something?”

“Yeobo, come on now. We’re men. Full grown men.”

“Men? What men? You’re younger than me.”

“Only by eight months!”

“See you’re getting ready to throw a temper tantrum!” I tease my boyfriend.

“_______” Hanbin whines.

“Arraso, arraso. I’ll stop” I say smiling.

“HANBIN hyung!!” I hear Donghyuk shout in the background. “We’re leaving! Oh! Is that _____ noona? Annyeong noona!”

“Annyeong Donghyukie!!” I giggle in between words at his cuteness.

“Hey! No flirting with my girlfriend!” Hanbin yells.

“I wasn’t flirting hyung! I was just saying hi, right noona?”

“That’s right! Don’t yell at poor Donghyukie! He was just saying hello” I scold.

“Aish! I swear that you like him better than me.”

“Oh but I do.”

“What?” Hanbin says hurt.

“I like him but I love you” I say.

            Upon that confession Hanbin couldn’t help but feel happiness in his heart hearing that his girlfriend loves him. Hanbin gave Donghyuk a smile demonstrating he’s victorious in winning the beloved noona’s heart.

“I love you too jagiya! Don’t stay up too late studying” Hanbin says sweetly.

 Groan “I’ll try not to but it’s finals week. How can I not?”

“I know but I know how you are during this time of the year. You put school before your health.”

“But this year is different, love. I’m graduating and I need to do well in order to be able to qualify for graduate school this upcoming year.”

“Stop worrying. You got this! You’re super smart!” Hanbin says trying to cheer up his girlfriend.

“Keke. Thanks!”

“Of course! I’ll talk with you tomorrow. Good night!”

“Night hun!”

“Saranghaeyo.”

“Ne, saranghaeyo” I happily reply before hanging up.

            I roll over so that I’m lying flat on my tummy and stare at the picture of Hanbin and I sitting in front of my lamp facing my bed. Ah! My life can’t get any better! I’m doing well in school, have lots of loving friends and family, and I’m dating Hanbin of iKON.

            My life as Hanbin’s girlfriend wasn’t an easy one. When we went public people were not accepting of us as all. One of the reasons could be that he as an idol was now a taken man, untouchable to them. That meant lots of broken hearts from fangirls. Another reason could that I’m a foreigner. That’s right! I’m not Korean. A lot of people were criticizing him for dating a foreigner and I suffered my share of backlash. Girls were calling me ugly, stupid, man stealer, gold digger, and everything else you could think of. Things got better as Hanbin showed them how much he loves me, how the members and his family accepted me, and when they got to know me better as a person. Of course this doesn’t mean that every fan accepts me but I’m ok with that. As I’ve been told, not everyone is going to like you no matter what you do.