Chapter 11

My Treasure

Chapter 11

            Sigh I look at my now empty dorm room in sadness. I had such a great time in Korea that I really don’t want to leave. I made lifelong friends, did well in school, and got to explore a new country that I’ve never been to before. But I also got my heartbroken here too… I guess I just need a breather from this place for a while to find myself. Taking one last look at my home, I shut the door.

            Before going to the airport there’s one place that I must go to first.

            Setting the cardboard box down where I want to leave it, I walk away feeling like I can actually breath. I feel light. There’s no load or heaviness holding me down, except for gravity of course.

“Noona!” I hear a voice call behind me.

            I turn around and notice Donghyuk.

“Oh, Donghyukie”, I say surprised to see him.

“What are you doing here, noona?”

“I just came to return some things that belong to… *deep breath* to Hanbin before I leave.”

“Leaving? I thought that you weren’t leaving for a few more days?”

“I was but I changed my flight. There are a lot of things that I have to do for my graduation.”

“Ah… I see,” he says looking down with a sad face.

“I really want to stay and chat with you, but I have a flight to catch. Take care of yourself, okay?” I say giving him a hug. He was always my favorite.

“I will. You too, noona.”

“Arraso,” I say fluffing his hair.

            I wave him a last goodbye as the elevator closes.

Author’s Point of View

            Donghyuk grabs the box as he goes into iKon’s apartment.

“What’s that?” Bobby asks while chewing on his sandwich.

“______ noona left it for Hanbin hyung.

“Oh man,” Yunhyeong says.

“Hyung,” Donghyuk says knocking softly on Hanbin’s door. Getting no answer, he opens the door. The room was dark despite the sun being high up in the sky, the pungent odor of alcohol was strong, and in the middle of the room Hanbin is wrapped in blankets from head to toe like a burrito.

“Get out,” Hanbin croaks.

“I’m just dropping this off. It’s from ______ noona.”

“What!” Hanbin jumps straight up still in burrito form. “Where did you get this?”

“I found it outside of our apartment.”

“Give it here.”

“Ne,” Donghyuk gives Hanbin the box and leaves the room.

“What was that about?” Jinhwan asks as soon as he sees Donghyuk leave Hanbin’s room.

“________ noona left a box for Hanbin” Chanwoo answers for Donghyuk.

“Really? Do you know what it is?”

“Anni. The box was closed” Donghyuk says sitting down on the sofa.

“Geez, everything has been a mess lately” Jinhwan says.

“I know right! Hanbin got beat up and is now a hermit in his room, our fans are upset, and YG is pissed at us. Aish!” Yunhyeong says frustrated running his hand through his hair.

“I hate to say it, but he kind of deserves it. I mean, he did cheat on _____ noona” Junhoe states.

“That’s true but don’t you think it’s a bit much to hit him though? He got his nose broken.”

“I’m not surprised. Hunchul hyung really loves ______. It’s no secret. If I was in his shoes, I might have done the same thing as him.”

“Yeah, he messed up big time. I really liked ______.”

“Whoa!”

“What?”

“Not like that geez! I mean, she not only took care of hyung but us as well. She cooked for us when she could, called us on our birthdays and holidays, and asked if we ever needed something. She was like the umma of the group.”

“True, I’ll miss her homemade pizza. It was so good” says Chanwoo remembering.

“And her cupcakes”.

“When is she leaving again?”

“In a few days.”

“Actually… She’s leaving today.”

“What!”

“She’s leaving today?”

“Why?”

“________ is leaving today?” Hanbin questions coming out of his room having overheard the conversation.

Silence

“Tell me Donghyuk,” Hanbin says sternly. “Did you say _______ is leaving today?”

“Ah…Ne” Donghyuk says.

“Why the didn’t you tell me?!?”

            Donghyuk could do nothing but look down in shame.

“That package. She was here. You saw her, didn’t you?”

            Donghyuk just nodded.

            Wanting to hear no more, Hanbin rushes to the door, puts his shoes on, and slams the door shut. His physical appearance not mattering the least to him.

“Hyung!”

“Hanbin!”

“Where are you going?” Bobby asks as iKon follows Hanbin out the door.

“To the airport!”

“You won’t make it hyung.”

“I don’t care and don’t try to stop me.”

            The ride to the airport is so excruciating Hanbin feels like he’s slowly suffocating. Every car switching lanes, traffic lights, and even the radio is making him fidgety and his heart race uncontrollably.

            Upon arriving at the airport, Hanbin races out the door.

“Hey! Hey! You need to pay!” the taxi ahjussi yells.

“Ah!... I’ll be back I promise. Just wait!” Hanbin yells as he goes in through the entrance.

            As soon as he comes into the airport he goes to the wall that has all of the flight times.

“Where is it? Where is it?” he questions in frustration.

Gate H8 for Los Angeles departs at 3:45 PM. 

“What time is it now?... 3:41” 4 minutes!!

            Hanbin dashes, weaves and maneuvers through the masses of people arriving and leaving Korea.

“Passport, sir” a staff member asks.

“Ah, I need to see someone that is getting on this plane. It’s an emergency.”

“I’m sorry, sir but I can’t let you in without a passport.”

“Please!! It’s an emergency, I’m begging you” Hanbin implores desperately.

“I’m sorry but I can’t. Please step aside”

            Feeling desperate, Hanbin jumps over the security rope.

“Hey! Sir!” the staff yells.

“________!” Hanbin screams. “_________!”

***

“May I check your plane ticket” airport staff ask.

“Ne” you say handing her your ticket.

“You’re good to go. Enjoy your flight,” she smiles handing your ticket back.

“Thank you.”

            Finally, you think to yourself. You get to go back to your family and forget everything that has happened.

“_________!” You hear someone call. “_________!”

            You turn your head around and see the last person you want to see, Hanbin. You look at him, meeting his eyes, and turn around not saying a single word.