Chapter 10

My Treasure

Chapter 10

Clank!

            What is that noise?

Clank!

            I open my eyes and the sun is shining brightly on my face. Feeling blinded momentarily, I look down and notice that I’m not in my bedroom. Oh! That’s right, I spent the night at Hunchul’s.

“Good morning sleepy head. Oh, I mean afternoon,” he beams as I walk into the kitchen.

“Good after-NOON?? It’s noon?” I shriek.

“Well, it’s actually almost 12:45.”

“Why didn’t you wake me up?”

“You were sleeping, so I didn’t want to wake you up. You have not slept well lately.”

“I appreciate that you didn’t want to wake me up BUT I leave tomorrow and I have a lot of things that I need to do.”

“Hey! Hey! Calm down. Look, I’m sorry that I didn’t wake you up. Just have some breakfast and I’ll drive you back, yeah?”

“Okay.”

“I made omelets and rice. Is that okay?”

“Yeah, that’s great. Thank you.”

***

“Are you sure that you don’t need me to come in with you?”

“I’m sure. We’ll attract more attention that way.”

“Alright, but call me if you need anything.”

“No worries, I will. Thank you so much for everything that you’ve done for me, oppa.”

“It was nothing. I’ll miss you, Princess,” Hunchul says while reaching over to embrace me in a hug. “You better call me when you’re back home, arraso?”

“I’ll miss you, oppa. You call me too” I say leaving his embrace.

            He chuckles. “Yes, ma’am! Now, get going. You said you have a lot of things to do.”

“Right, see ya. Drive carefully.”

“Chalga!” Hunchul says waving bye as he drives away.

            Surprisingly, I don’t see any reporters anywhere. Hm… Maybe the university took care of them?? Uggg I have so much to do and not enough time to do it. I don’t even know where to get started.

            To my surprise, when I get to my door I see that there are 5 vases of a dozen red roses outside my room.

            Are these for me? Who are they from?

            I search each vase for a card, hoping to find the sender.

            My dearest _________,

            I’m really sorry for all of the pain that I have caused you. I know that I have no right to say this but I love you. Can you forgive me?

            ~Hanbinnie

            Are you kidding me, right now? Does he really think that he can win me back just by sending me roses?

            Taking the card off of the roses, I grab the vases and take them down to the study room of the dorm. I want absolutely nothing to do with Hanbin anymore.

>Back in the room<

            Okay where should I get started? Oh, I know.

            I first start at my closet. I grab all of the sweaters, shirts, and dresses he bought me, fold them, and place them at the bottom of the box. Next, I grab the stuffed animals he gave me, perfume, jewelry, and finally pictures of us.

            Before putting the pictures in the box, though, I sit down and look at the photo album.  Everything was so perfect. What went wrong? There are pictures of us on our birthdays, dinners, dates, and my favorite one, the day he asked me out. Wiping my tears away, I put the last of the pictures in the box along with my feelings.