Chapter 2

My Treasure

Chapter 2

            Ah! I’m going to be late! I think to myself as I’m rushing to head over to the library to study with Nana for our finals.

“Sorry I’m late” I apologize to Nana as I finally sit down.

“Ne, it’s ok. So, I was thinking that after we finish studying we can head over and grab food” Nana states.

“That’s a great idea! I’ll need it since I’ll be brain dead from all of this studying.”

            Nana nodded her head in acknowledgement trying not to speak since people were giving us death stares for talking too loud.

            Alright time to get to work I say pulling out my notebooks onto the long wooden table and insert my white earbuds to listen to iKON as I study.    

         The atmosphere quickly grew uncomfortable as I noticed dozens of eyes looking at me and then back to their phones. I’m used to people staring at me since I’m dating Hanbin but for some reason these stares felt different.

“Why are they staring at you?” Nana whispers to me.

“Molla” I answer back.

            Hm… Did Hanbin get into an accident or something? My heart quickly sped up thinking the worst possible scenarios.

*bing*

From: Mi Amor <3

I love you jagiya <3

            I smile at the sweet text.

To: Mi Amor <3

I love you too babe *muah*

            Knowing that Hanbin is safe my heart is at peace once again. I go back to my studying and ignore the stares.

>At the restaurant<

“I really wonder why so many people were staring at you back at the library” Nana states.

“I’m not sure…” I say puzzled myself and take a bite of my bulgogi.

“They’re probably just staring at you for being BI’s girlfriend.”

“Maybe but they’ve known for a long time though.”

“Hmm. That’s weird then” Nana says with her head tilted to the side.

“Ne, it is! This tastes so good after studying for six long hours” I state relishing the taste of the cooked meat.

“Do you want to go out tomorrow? I feel like I need a break from all of this studying” Nana asks me after taking a sip from her Cola.

“I’d love to but I got a date with Hanbin tomorrow” I smile.

*bing*

“Sorry” I apologize to Nana and look at my phone.

From: Mi Amor <3

I miss you :’(

            Aw! Why is he being so cute today?

To: Mi Amor <3

Aw!! I miss you too honey <3

“Aigo! You and Hanbin!”

“What? It’s not like I see him all the time.”

“I know. I was just joking with you. No need to get all defensive.”

“Mian unnie! I think that my brain is overheated” I say with aegyo to ease her anger. It usually works.

“Hmm. Ok, I forgive you.”

“Gomawo!”

“Sure sure” Nana says while trying to hide her smile.

            After another hour of eating and talking Nana and I grab our things and start walking back to grounds (where I go to school instead of saying campus we say grounds ^.^).

“I love how it’s getting warmer!” I say happily that I no longer have to wear a sweater.

“Me too! But I don’t like the heat of summer though. It gets too hot and humid here” Nana complains.

“True! The humidity ! I remember when I first arrived my hair would frizz so much” I say.

“Well my hair is naturally straight, so I can’t complain.”

“Lucky you!”

“I know! So, what are you doing when you get home? Study?”

“Well, I need to shower for my date tomorrow and yes I’ll study a bit before going to bed since I’ll be gone most of the day tomorrow.”

“Stop working too hard! Give yourself a break!” Nana mothers me.

“Funny. You and Hanbin said the same thing.”

“Well since your boyfriend and best friend said it, then you should take it into consideration.”

“I’ll try to.”

“Aigo! There’s no getting through your stubborn head! Good night” Nana waves walking back to her dorm.

“Night!” I shout back opening the door, making my way to the elevator, and head into my dorm room.

(Bounce) rideum ta
(Bounce) rideum ta
(Bounce) rideum ta
igeon geunyang noraeniggan rideum ta

            I sing as I exist the bathroom after taking a long hot shower. I sit on my bed and apply lotion as I continue to sing along. Once I’m done I look at my phone that was charging and notice that I have multiple missed calls and messages from Nana. What the heck? Is there something wrong? I question myself.

            All of her texts ask me if I’ve seen the latest news stories and giving me direct links to them. OK, this is weird. I lightly tap the link on the bright screen and watch it direct me to the site. My mouth hung in sheer horror and disbelief at what my eyes were witnessing. Never in my life would I think I would see something like this!