Chapter 9

My Treasure

Chapter 9

“Nice place,” I say expecting it to be messy.

“Thanks. Sit down and make yourself comfortable. I was thinking of making miyeokguk. I hope that’s okay?”

“Yeah, I love miyeokguk but it’s not my birthday?”

“Arra but we’re celebrating,” Hunchul smiles.

“Do you need any help making it?”

“Nope, just relax and let me do all of the work.”

***

“Did you like it?”

“It was delicious. I didn’t know that you could cook.”

“I have a lot of tricks up my sleeve,” he says before giving me a wink.

“I’m sure you do,” I sass putting my dishware in the sink and proceed to the living room.

“What? You don’t believe me? I’m hurt,” he pouts before disappearing into his room. “Tantarara!” he exclaims coming out waving a bag. “Graduation present!”

“Oh my gosh, oppa! You didn’t have to get me anything.”

“Of course I had to get something for my Princess.”

“No, you didn’t but thank you.”

“Your welcome! Well, go ahead and open it” he urges.

            Taking out the white and pink tissue paper, I reach in and pull out something soft. It’s a white teddy bear with a cap and gown.

“Aw, it’s so cute!” I say putting it on my lap and reach in to get the last item. It’s a black box. Once I open it, I am stunned!

“O oppa, I can’t accept this,” I say handing him back the box with the watch.

“Waeyo? It’s yours.”

“Because it looks really expensive and I feel burdened receiving it.”

“It was expensive… But I’ve had it for several years, so don’t feel burdened by it.”

“Wha-?” I take a second look at it and notice that it is the watch he usually wears. “Why are you giving me your watch? Don’t you need it?”

“Correction. It’s my favorite watch and I want my favorite girl to have it,” he smiles.

“Bu-” he cuts me off by grabbing the box that is still in my hand, takes the watch out, and puts it on my left hand.

“There! It looks much better on you.”  

~All you ladies hands in the air. All my ladies hands up in the air. Geunyeoneun geunyeonneun nal michige hae. Geunyeoneun nal sumswige hae, yeah.~

            Knowing who it is, I answer right away. “Hey Nana. What’s up?”

“Not much. Where are you?”

“At Hunchul’s. Why?” I ask suspiciously.

“Um, well… I’m not sure if it’s a good idea for you to come back tonight.”

“Why?”

“The entire university is surrounded by reporters and they have your entire dorm swarmed.”

“Are you serious?”

“What’s wrong?” Hunchul asks.

“I wish I was joking dongsaeng but I’m not. Do you have somewhere that you can spend the night?”

“Somewhere I can spend the night? I’m not sure. I suppose I can stay at a hotel.”

“Let me know if you can’t find a place. I have some family here in the city that you can stay with for the night.”

“Kamsahabnida, unnie! I’ll let you know if anything comes up.”

“Sounds good. I’ll talk with you later, bye.”

“Bye.”

“What’s wrong,” Hunchul asks again.

“Apparently, there are a bunch of reporters back at the university and they have my dorm surrounded. So, my friend was asking if I have a place to spend the night.”

“I see… You can spend the night here.”

“Thanks but I don’t want to impose. I’ll just sleep at a hotel.”

“With reporters after you? I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

            Blink. Blink.

“You can stay, it’s really no problem for me.”

“Well… Just for tonight, okay? I really don’t want to impose.”

“You? Impose? Never! Let me get you some sleep wear and bathroom necessities, okay?”

>After Nightly Routine<

“You look great in my clothes,” Hunchul grins widely exposing his perfect white teeth.

            Since I didn’t bring any clothes with me, I had to borrow a pair of his basketball shorts and t-shirt, which are big on me!

“Do you want to watch a movie?”

“Sure, which one?”

“Anything is fine with me. You pick.”

“How about a scary one?”

“A scary one? Don’t you hate scary movies, though?” he asks surprised.

“I do but why not?”

“Won’t you be scared?”

“I might but I don’t feel like watching anything else.”

“Wait, I know why you want to watch a scary movie. You’re not very good at hiding it” he says pinching my cheek with his good hand.

“Whaat?” I say confused as to what he means.

>3/4 of the way into the movie<

“Ahhh,” Hunchul jumps in surprise as the killer pops out from the corner of the house. He looks over at you to see if you got scared but to his surprise you have the blanket snuggly draped over you and are asleep.

“Pussssh. Not scared, huh?” he quietly chuckles as to not wake you up.

            He quietly gets up from the couch and leans down to pick you up bridal style to take you to his bed to sleep.

“Good night, Princess,” he says before pulling the covers over you and kissing your cheek.