Chapter 5

My Treasure

Chapter 5

“What do you mean _____?”

“You heard me. You’re not my boyfriend. Therefore, there’s no reason for me to call you.”

*Gulp* “What are you talking about?”

“Do you think I’m stupid Hanbin? Did you really think I wouldn’t find out about you cheating on me?”

            Hanbin had the look of sheer guilt painted all over his face. He knew it was game over. He knew you would find out but hoped that you wouldn’t have. He knew that whatever he said wouldn’t make a difference. However, because he loves you so much he wasn’t planning on losing you just like that.

“I’m sorry   _____!!! I was drunk and I didn’t know what I was doing.”

“Oh! You were drunk? So, that makes what you did okay?”

“No, it doesn’t. I’m sorry jagiya!! Please forgive me” Hanbin apologizes attempting to grab your hand, but you step back away from him.

“Drunk or not, you are still responsible for your actions. Drinking is just an excuse people make.”

“I know what I did was wrong and I really regret it.”

“Do you even love me?” I choke out not knowing that I was bawling my eyes out.

“Of course I love you! I love you more than anyone else in this world” Hanbin says with tears pouring out of his own eyes as well.

“Liar! Because if you do then you would have thought about me before cheating on me with that with that cual quieria!! You would have stopped and thought to yourself “I have a girlfriend that I love. This is not right. I shouldn’t do this.” Am I lacking in any way? Or is it because I want to wait until marriage to make love, so you find someone else who will give it to you now?”

“Babe. I’m sorry I really am! I swear to you that it has nothing to do with any of that. I was stupid!” he says while making another effort to try and hold you but once again you move back.

“Don’t touch me! I did so much for you Hanbin. I was always there for you when you needed me. I took care of your little sister like she was my own sister. I helped your mother out when she needed help around the house and when she felt lonely that you weren’t home. I was there when people were writing malicious comments about your father being a con artist. I was there when you were sick and when you needed someone to talk to at 5 in the morning because you were bored and this is what I get back? I didn’t expect a prize but damn!”

            Because of your long rant both of you failed to notice the members of iKon quietly standing by the door home from practice.

“You’re right. There are no excuses to justify my behavior but please give me another chance. Let me prove to you how sorry I am and how much you mean to me!”

“No Hanbin. I can’t.”

“______. Please don’t!” Hanbin cries out.

“I freakin love you and you betrayed my trust!! Do you think you deserve another chance?!?”

“_______ calm down. Hanbin was drunk. He didn’t know what he was doing. He really does love you” Bobby says while grabbing your arm to pull you away from Hanbin.

“SHUT UP BOBBY!!” Dang! I never knew I would ever explode like this. I guess even the shy and quiet people have their limits too. “I understand Hanbin is your best friend but this is between us, so stay out of it.”

            I wiped my tears away, look at Hanbin and finally say meeting his eyes, “Don’t ever call me or look for me again. I don’t want to see you anymore.” I turn around to make my leave without looking back at the boy who I love but broke me.

            Before I can reach the door two arms wrap around my waist and my back makes contact with a strong chest. It doesn’t take long to figure out who it is. From the smell of his cologne, his touch, it’s obviously Hanbin.

            With the straightest tone I can muster I say, “Let me go.”

“No. Not until you forgive me.”

“Let me go” I say with tears streaming down my face and neck while looking at the floor. I broke once more.

“No, I don’t want to.”

            I try to break the hold he has around my waist but that proves a fruitless effort. “Let me go right now you jerk!! You’re hurting me by being this way!!” I yell.

            Upon hearing that he is hurting you Hanbin loosens his hold.

            Taking advantage of this, you swat his hands away and quickly walk to the door to change back into your wedges. Once you’re done with that you go up to Donghyuk, since the iKon members were too stunned from what was happening on to move away from their spot. “Good luck on your comeback. Make sure to eat all of your meals and sleep, arraso? I will always support you no matter what” I tell Donghyuk while placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

“Thank you noona” Donghyuk says with tears in his eyes.

            With one last smile at him I reach for the cold door handle and leave the suffocating room. I walk over to the elevator at the end of the short hallway and wait for it to open. I get out a tissue to wipe away my tears even though they still keep coming.

“________! _________! Wait don’t leave” I hear Hanbin yell running to me.”

*Ding* The elevator door finally opens and I rush in. I quickly push the close button repeatedly so he can’t get in. Before the elevator closes its mouth, my eyes quickly meet Hanbin’s. Pain and guilt were clearly engraved in them. I quickly put sunglasses on so people don’t recognize me and see me in this state. The paparazzi would have a field day if they see me like this.

            I step away from the elevator, proceed to exist the building, and hail a cab.

“_________!” I hear my name from a short distance. I whip my head around and see Hanbin again.

            Wanting to get away, I quickly open the cab door, get in, and close my door. “Please leave, ahjussi!” I tell the cab driver.

“Ne!”