Chapter Eight

Reverie (A Healer AU)(discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eight:

So you ready for crap to hit the fan? This chapter is the last one that I have written out on my phone, in fact it wasn't fully written out. I just have my notes of what I want to happen.

--Minah--

 

Ever since I left Hakyeon in the hospital yesterday with that girl I can't stop thinking about who he really is?

 

I mean he lied to me about being on his phone. After Jaehwan visited him I quickly went back to his room but I heard him talking. But to who? I had his jacket and phone, it had fallen out of his jacket pocket during the scuffle and I had placed it back into his jacket pocket.

 

So when I entered I asked him but he said he was on the phone. But that was impossible.

 

Then that girl came in. I was struck with a sudden form of deja vu again. She seemed similar to someone, then she spoke up. I recognized her voice but couldn't quite place it. I had definitely heard it recently.

 

Then there was the woman Minja they both spoke of. Who was she?

 

Then the most weird thing of all was when Jaehwan showed up to speak with him. They've never spoken more than five minutes and I always had the feeling that Jaehwan didn't like him very well. Why come visit him?

 

But then there was also the issue with that model Hyuk visiting Aunt Sunhi lately. Why was he coming around?

 

And lastly there was Daheun who was acting extremely weird recently.

 

I sigh sitting down on my bed. As usual I was home alone, very surprising. I wish Hakyeon was here. He always seemed to cheer me up in these situations. It was almost as if my whole parent situation disappeared from my mind when he was around. I would forget everything when he next to me.

 

I bite my lower lip. Did I make the wrong decision by turning him down? I mean he was nice and very pleasing to be around. I turned him down for someone who never even bothers to talk in a voice louder than a whisper or show me his face.

 

Am I really that stupid? I my lower lip into my mouth, I unlock my phone and I slightly smile at my wallpaper. It was of Hakyeon and I a while back at Daheun's family's diner.

 

I'm so stupid. I had someone really good right in front of me and I passed him up for someone who probably doesn't even like me. Someone I don't even really know.

 

But then again, Hakyeon was a mystery himself too.

 

I take a deep breath and open my messages clicking onto Hakyeon's name. I type a message out to him.

 

To: Hakyeon

From: Minah

Hey I just wanted to see if you're okay? Also if you're okay, can we meet up?

 

I hurriedly hit send before I change my mind. I lock my phone waiting for his reply. An hour or so passed without a reply and I sighed for the thousandth time.

 

Is he upset with me since I rejected him?

 

I lie back onto my bed, my arms and legs spread wide across my sheets. I'm really stupid.

 

Am I crazy? I no longer was thinking much of that kiss N gave me but more about the time I spent with Hakyeon.

 

I chuckle a bit at the memory of him freaking out after Hyuk first showed up at Aunt Sunhi's house. He was such a Hyuk fanboy.

 

I close my eyes remembering his image. The image of him smiling and laughing towards me. Damn I messed up, didn't I?

 

I roll over onto my side. I'm suddenly hit with the memory of him editing for the first time under my guidance. He was awful, I honestly to this day don't know how he got approved for an editing job.

 

I giggle to myself. He seemed to hate it to, why he would apply for the job, I have no clue but I'm glad he did.

 

I felt my phone buzz near my feet and I quickly roll back over and sit up at lighting speed. I find my phone and unlock it.

 

I frown slightly whenever I read the name. It wasn't Hakyeon. It was Aunt Sunhi.

 

I felt my heart sink. Why hasn't he texted me back?

 

I open her text and read it. She wanted to meet tomorrow and I texted back agreeing.

 

I look back at the text I sent Hakyeon making sure it went through. It did. It's been an hour and a half. Normally it takes him at the most two minutes to reply.

 

I sigh again. What more could I do? I don't know where he lives? I don't know where he frequently goes.

 

I hate to say it but I've hit a dead end. Although, suddenly a lightbulb goes off in my head.

 

I could ask for N's assistance. He would help me find Hakyeon's residence wouldn't he?

 

Why didn't I think of that before?

 

Before I could even start the email the doorbell rings. Who could that be?

 

I head downstairs and look through the peephole. Jaehwan stood on the other side of the door waiting patiently for me to answer it.

 

I quickly unlock the door and let him in. He steps inside and I shut the door behind him.

 

"Ah Jaehwan, what are you doing here?" I ask him.

 

"Just visiting that's all." He mutters.

 

I frown a bit. He still seems off. "Jaehwan are you okay? You've been off lately."

 

"I'm fine. What about you? You seem off too." He replies.

 

"I don't know. It's just I think I like Hakyeon, Jaehwan. But he won't reply to my messages." I pout. Jaehwan's facial expressions seem to fall at my sentence. What's wrong with him?

 

"Do you know where he lives?" I ask him.

 

He shakes his head no. "No I don't."

 

"I'm thinking of contacting N then, so I can find out." I inform him.

 

He snorts. I blink confused at him. "Please can we not talk about him right now? He ignored my email request to leave you alone and then he had the audacity to ignore my face to face request. Can't we just pretend for today that I never employed him to help me protect you? I mean I seem so freaking weak because I had to hire him, I watched over you for years without his help." He blurts out, he then let's out a low gasp.

 

My eyes widen. I had so many questions to ask about his little rant.

 

"You met him face to face?" I ask first.

 

He clamps his mouth shut refusing to speak.

 

"Jaehwan, you did didn't you? Did you see his face?" I ask practically begging to know the answer. Tell me who he is so I can move on from this ridiculous mystery.

 

"I saw his face. I know him." He nods.

 

My mouth falls open. He knew him?

 

"Who-?"

 

"I'm not telling you." He clamps a hand over my mouth. "Find out for yourself." He scowls.

 

I sigh. "Why did you say you've watched over me for years?" I cross my arms over my chest.

 

"I have to go." He backs up towards the door quickly.

 

"Jaehwan! Why can't I know anything? I feel like everything in my life is a secret that everybody knows but me. It feels like everyone is sitting back mocking me as I try to make my way through my ed up life." I stifle out, I didn't feel like being lied to anymore. How fair was this to me?

 

"I'm sorry, Minah. You'll know soon though. I can't be the one to tell you. I can't do it." He says before opening the door and closing it behind him as he walked out.

 

Why? Why can't I know? Is something wrong with me?

 

--Hakyeon--

 

"Minja, what did you just say?" I say into my phone, I was at my apartment lying on my couch whenever Minja contacted me with bad news. I quickly sat up waiting for her to repeat what she had just told me.

 

"Ahn Minah is really Han Minah. Daughter of Han Chunghee and Lee Youngil, the previous owners of Han Metro." She repeats. My heart sinks, the people who killed my parents are Minah's parents? "They covered everything up with Ahn Incorporated."

 

"I have to go." I tell Minja. My hands form into fists out of anger. Her parents or not they're still going to pay for killing my parents. I click end on her call and chuck my phone onto the floor.

 

My hands go to my head gripping my hair tightly. They've been right there in front of me this whole time. I knew I recognized that woman's voice. No I knew I recognized both of their voices, they were both there that day.

---

(That Night)

"Chunghee you can't be serious?"

 

"Maybe Minah's not home. Relax I'll turn the lights on first."

 

I flip the light switch turning the light on for them and the woman gasps. Both of their attention was on me. I had my face covered as usual, I was going to threaten them as N first before I took serious action.

 

I take them in and sure enough it was the two people I met with ten years ago. Both of them had aged quite a bit but so had I.

 

"Who are you?" The man asks.

 

"I'm N, I'm here to warn you to turn yourselves in for the crimes you committed." I my head to the side.

 

The woman snorts. "And those crimes would be?"

 

I cross my arms across my chest. "Well I'm sure you've done lots, but I'm specifically talking about the Han Metro accident."

 

"We had nothing to do that, it was before we owned the Metro." Chunghee states.

 

"Really? So then your real name isn't Han Chunghee then?" I ask him.

 

A look crosses his face. "And who told you that?"

 

"I have my sources." I smirk underneath my turtleneck. Thanks Minja. "You have until this Friday to turn yourselves in before I take action against you."

 

"Oh please, like you can prove anything." Youngil rolls her eyes.

 

"We'll see." I shrug.

 

"Guess so." Chunghee scoffs.

 

I begin to step out of the kitchen whenever a familiar face enters the room.

 

"Who are you guys talking to?" Minah asks, eyes rounding whenever they land on me. , I thought she wasn't here? "N?"

 

I really didn't want to have to do this. I grab her by the wrist and bend it to where its behind her back. She lets out a yelp as I pull her against me. My right arm slightly wraps around her neck holding her against me.

 

I turn towards her parents. Her mother just runs her hand through her hair not caring that I was man-handling her daughter.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter