Chapter Seven

Reverie (A Healer AU)(discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Seven:

Here's another update for you! Beware of the errors!

--Minah--

 

Out of the corner of my eye I noticed him pulling off one of his gloves but my eyes were mainly focused on his face. Yeah, I couldn't see any facial features but I knew he was staring at me. Looking directly into my eyes.

 

I felt the cool touch of his fingers on my cheek, running across my newly made bruise. His hand was surprisingly soft, not rough like I had thought it'd feel like.

 

His hand moves upward and I felt him cover my eyes. My vision was suddenly gone, but still for some reason I trusted him with my life. What was he doing? My breath hitches whenever I feel his slow breathing on my nose. Did he get closer? My hands wring together nervously.

 

Suddenly I felt soft plump lips touch mine. There wasn't any forcing my lips to comply. I immediately responded and I felt a million butterflies tingling inside my stomach. The kiss only lasted for a wonderful ten to fifteen seconds but it felt like longer than that.

 

His lips pull back and my own lips craved for more of his touch. But he's gone. The hand that covered my eyes is gone with him.

 

"There's no way!" Daheun laughs. "Although, that bruise looks pretty damn bad."

 

I pout. "You have to believe me."

 

"And if I don't?" She cracks a smile.

 

"Then don't. N kissed me and I felt a million little butterflies awakening inside me. It was as if I died and went to heaven." I trace a finger over my lips. I had been doing it since last night trying to mimic the warmth N gave me. It didn't work.

 

"It's just hard to believe because why would you need him to protect you?" She sighs.

 

That's right I didn't tell her about the gangsters. Should I? I mean what would've happened had N not been there last night? I would've been dead or close to it. How would Daheun react to not knowing about the fact that a gang was after me? What if I died and she knew nothing about it?

 

I shivered, I never realized how close I came to death until now. I owe my life to N, I would gladly give it to him at this point. I mean this was the third time he's saved me from someone.

 

But the bigger question is why did he kiss me? Not that I minded, but why? And who was that girl with him? Certainly not a lover since he kissed me right? Then again I didn't really know him so he could play me and I wouldn't know.

 

My heart breaks a little thinking about how the girl seemed close to him. To me it made it seem like she knew him as a friend or more than that and not as N. In fact it also sounded like she almost slipped up and said his name last night.

 

I feel my skin burn in jealousy. If only I knew what she looked like, or her name so I could look her up and question her. But she probably wouldn't answer me anyways.

 

I felt the butterflies from last night in my stomach. The kiss really surprised me to say the least. It was the last thing I was expecting to happen. So, I had to mean something to him, right?

 

"Minah?" Daheun waves a hand in front of me face. 

 

I glance towards her. "Hmm..."

 

"Is there something you're not telling me?" She frowns. Was I that obvious?

 

I let out a deep breath. "Well you see there is this group of gangsters after me."

 

"What? Why?" She gasps grasping onto my hands.

 

"My parents." I reply.

 

She bites her lip. "Does Jaehwan know?"

 

I nod, "They first approached me when he was with me. I believe he was the one who hired N."

 

Her eyes widen. "No way, really?"

 

I nod. Why does she find that surprising? Speaking of surprises.

 

"You want to know something weird?" I ask her, she would love this.

 

"Of course." She chuckles.

 

"You know Hyuk right?" 

 

"Duh, the love of my life?" She smiles her eyes glistening.

 

"He showed up at Aunt Sunhi's the other day." I reply.

 

Her eyes slowly widen. "At Sunhi's? Are you sure it was him?" She doesn't seem too excited about it.

 

I nod. "Definitely."

 

My phone vibrates and Hakyeon's name pops up on my screen. I wonder how he dealt with Jinae last night?

 

She shook her head and suddenly smiled extra wide, it seemed a bit forced. "That's so weird! I might have to pay Sunhi a visit real soon." She clasps her hands together.

 

I open the text from Hakyeon. He was asking to meet up later.

 

I sent a reply saying yes. I hope he didn't give into Jinae. I don't want to hear of the night he had with her. That'd be gross.

 

I sigh. "If you do go by don't tell them I told you he was there."

 

"I won't." She smiles and looks off into space, I'm going to assume she's day dreaming about Hyuk.

 

I stand and leave before she starts telling me about her many fantasies about him. After I'm out of her house I head to where Hakyeon suggested we meet.

 

It was nearby my home, so I knew exactly how to get there. In fact it was the park N took me to last night, and the night he first saved me.

 

I arrived before he did and I sat near where N and I stood last night. I close my eyes and bring my fingers to my lips once again. I imagine N standing before me leaning in to kiss me, like he had last night.

 

It's just not the same. I sigh and my hands drops into my lap. I can never fully picture it because I can't even begin to imagine what he looks like. Whenever I think of him without a mask on I draw a blank.

 

"Oh, there you are." Hakyeon's voice breaks my train of thought. I look up and my eyes widen a bit at him. He looked so good.

 

Why do I suddenly find him attractive? God I'm so confusing!

 

"Hey, so what'd you want to meet up for?" I smile towards him. He lowers his gaze and avoids eye contact with me. Why's he acting so weird?

 

"Uh, it's just-." He pauses. Oh, wait he didn't sleep with Jinae did he? Oh god, Hakyeon.

 

"Did you do something you regret?" I ask him.

 

He blinks up towards me and nods slowly. 

 

For some reason my heart began to beat faster at the nod of his head. I lower my head a bit. "Why'd you do it then?"

 

"It was a spur of the moment thing. I wasn't thinking." He sighs looking in my direction.

 

I look up towards him once again. "Well here's some good advice, get checked for STDs because she's slept with a lot of people."

 

His eyes widen wider than I've ever seen them widen. "What?"

 

"Jinae's you know had with more than a handful of men. I'm just telling you to take care of yourself." I stand, well this was awkward. But he's a friend so I must tell him to take care of himself.

 

"You think that I uh-had with her?" He says sounding flabbergasted.

 

I slowly nod. "Yeah, what else would you regret doing?" Was I wrong?

 

He chuckles a bit and mutters something under his breath. "I didn't sleep with Jinae. I can't stand her, I hate it when she touches me like she's so familiar with me."

 

"Then what?" I pause. What could he possibly be talking about?

 

He moves closer and tells me to sit down. I do so while he sits down as well. He turns towards me a bit.

 

"I like you Minah, a lot." He says in a firm voice.

 

My eyes widen. He what? No. I lower my gaze to my hands. This can't be happening.

 

Hakyeon likes me? But I don't feel the same way. We were friends that's all. Nothing more. Right? There was no way that me finding him attractive meant that I liked him. I mean I liked being around him and stuff but did I like him as more than a friend? No, I don't think so.

 

I swallow the lump that had formed in my throat. "I, I'm sorry, but I don't feel the same way." I forced the sentence out, instantly regretting it. What if he never talks to me again? He's become someone important to my life? I didn't want to lose him.

 

I heard his breath hitch a bit. "I know."

 

I raise my eyes to look towards him. He doesn't seem the least bit sad. Is he sure he likes me?

 

He stands and I watch him slowly.

 

"I just had to let you know." He sighs.

 

"I'm really sorry, Hakyeon." I bite my lip.

 

"It's fine." He replies quickly. He turns to leave and my heart cracks just a bit at his slumped shoulders.

 

I watch him begin to step away whenever someone passes by him and Hakyeon lets out a yelp.

 

He then fell to the ground as the man sprinted off. My eyes widen as I saw that Hakyeon wasn't getting back up.

 

"Hakyeon?" I stand up quickly. "Hakyeon!"

 

I run up to him, bending down to the ground I pull him towards me. His left hand was clutching at his right arm, which had blood dripping down it.

 

"Ah." He groaned out.

 

My eyes follow a long jagged cut from his mid-upper arm all the way down to his wrist. He was losing a lot of blood too.

 

I rip off my jacket and begin to wrap it around his arm whenever his left hand loses grip on his right. I look up towards his face and notice his eyes were closed.

 

"Hakyeon?" I shake him but I got no reply. "Hakyeon?" I scream, tears form in the corners of my eyes.

 

I quickly pull out my cell phone and dial 119.

 

Once we arrive at the hospital they take him towards one of the rooms and I follow behind. That man from before who cut him, was one of the gangsters. Why would they target him? Why cut him whenever I'm ten feet away and could easily cut me instead? Was it to harass me?

 

Anger burrows in my stomach. They hurt an innocence person because of me.

 

I enter the room to find that they've pulled Hakyeon's black jacket off and begin to sew his wound shut. Once the Doctor was done I stop him on his way out.

 

"Is he alright?" I ask desperately.

 

The Doctor nods. "He's very muscular so the knife didn't puncture too far into the skin. Has he been over exerting himself lately, his body seems exhausted. The reason he passed out was because of the exhaustion and the loss of blood."

 

"No, not that I know off." I say.

 

"I see, I'll have to ask him when he wakes. Make sure he rests a lot in the future, his health depends on it." He says.

 

"But he's fine?" I say relieved.

 

He nods. "I'm done stitching him up and all he'll need is a little blood and some recovery time. I'd say he'll be out of here by tonight."

 

I nod and move towards Hakyeon. A Nurse had hooked up an IV with a blood pack connected to it up to him and was checking his vitals.

 

"I'm leaving now, if you need anything or if when he wakes he's uncomfortable just hit this button." She gestures towards the wall. I nod and turn back towards him.

 

I glance down at his wound. The Doctor's words ring throughout my head. Muscular? Hakyeon's muscular? How? He didn't fight back against the gangsters the other day so I've always assumed that he wasn't strong enough to get them off of him.

 

I examine his arm and sure enough his arms were well developed. Does that mean the rest of him is as well? He doesn't seem like the type to exercise?

 

I then look up towards his face. He looks very peaceful when he sleeps. I run a hand through his hair to tame it and then down his cheek.

 

I pull my hand away as his eyes scrunch up.

 

"Min-." He stutters out. Was he dreaming?

 

Was he trying to say my name?

 

"Minja-." He says. That's definitely not my name. I bite my lip, who's Minja?

 

"Minja, is Minah okay?" He finally finished his sentence and his eyes un-scrunch.

 

My eyes were wide. He was asking some woman if I was okay? Is Minja his mom's name? But wasn't she dead?

 

I move back to sit down beside his bed. Come to think of it, Hakyeon's never really told me a lot about him. He's actually very mysterious himself. I now realize that we've only really ever talked about me and my life. I only knew about his favorite things and that his parents are dead.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter