Chapter Three

Reverie (A Healer AU)(discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Three:

--Minah--

"Man, did you see the way he looked at you?" Daheun sighs.

 

"Huh? Me?" I say flabbergasted.

 

"Yeah you. Jaehwan you noticed right?" Daheun pouts.

 

"Yeah."

 

"Wait who?" I say quickly. Am I that blind?

 

"Hyuk, his eyes kept landing on you. I'm so jealous." She pouts even more.

 

He was looking at me? I didn't notice!

 

"Oh please. I must've looked familiar to him or something." I wave it off. "He looked at you a lot too."

 

"Yeah yeah. He was totally crushing on you." She sighs. "When you get married and have children please name one after me."

 

"Married? I don't even know him, let alone like him." I huff. "Plus like I've said a million times before this I like mysterious people."

 

"Isn't the whole adoption thing mysterious enough?" Daheun retorts.

 

"Not really." I shrug. 

 

"So basically by mysterious you mean one person." She smirks. A light blush crosses my face, I give her a look that tells her to keep shut. If Jaehwan knew I was crushing on the night courier N the teasing would never end.

 

"Wait who is this guy?" Jaehwan says quickly. My eyes glare daggers through Daheun before I expertly change the subject.

 

"I'm going to head home. My parents are supposedly supposed to be at home tonight so I have to be home to greet them." I roll my eyes.

 

"Do you want me to walk you?" Jaehwan asks.

 

"No, I'll be fine. I only have to take the bus." I reply.

 

"Are you sure?" He puts a hand on my shoulder. "It's going to be getting dark soon."

 

"Yeah, make sure Daheun gets home safe. She has a longer route." I pat his hand. "Bye text me when you both get home. I'll do the same!"

 

I wave goodbye to them and wait at the bus stop. There were a few other people waiting with me. An older woman, a mother and her son, a tall man dressed in black with sunglasses on which was weird because it wasn't even sunny out (people are so weird), and two men in suits.

 

The mother and child gets onto the bus headed deeper into Seoul while the rest of us wait for the other bus. It finally arrives moments later.

 

The bus is mostly full, I let the old lady take one of the few open seats and I stand beside her. The two men in suits got seats as well. But the one with the sunglasses just stood near the back.

 

The bus stops at the next spot and the older woman stands.

 

"Thanks for letting me sit, little Miss." She grins.

 

"No problem, Ma'am." I smile, I wonder if Mr. Sunglasses wants to sit?

 

I turn to face him. "Excuse me but would you like to sit down?"

 

He doesn't speak he just shakes his head no. "Oh okay." I smile before taking the empty seat.

 

I pull out my phone and search through Twitter and Instagram. I check out some news websites in hopes of seeing that the night courier N had struck again but nothing's there. 

 

I sigh and lock my phone slipping it back into my pocket. I bite my lip as I look out the window. I wonder what he looks like under that mask of his? (Well it isn't a mask, but you get what I mean.)

 

The bus driver called out my stop and I stood to get off. I take the last step off the bus and I lock eyes with that gangster from the other night.

 

He grins. "Hey there, Ahn Minah."

 

I felt someone grab me from behind. My head whips in that direction. It was the two men in suits. The bus takes off and the two men begin pulling me down into a dark alleyway. To be exact it was the dark alleyway right beside my apartment complex.

 

I was so close to making it home too. What were they going to do to me?

 

"Didn't I tell you last time that I don't matter to them. Hurting me isn't going to effect them. They barely even know I exist the way it is." I say towards the leading man.

 

He snorts. "Then I'll just use you to vent out all my pent up anger on." He cracks his knuckles and I shudder in fear. Maybe I should've taken that second hapkido class with Jaehwan after all.

 

"They think that a measly gold bar can repay all the debt they owe me? They must be ing stupid." He moves closer. "Now they need to pay."

 

Suddenly the man is thrown back and one of the men that was holding me falls to the ground with a gasp. The other man releases me and runs forward attacking someone.

 

My eyes focus on a figure dressed in all black, with dark sunglasses on, and also a black turtleneck up around his face. My eyes widen, it was the night courier N!

 

He begins fighting the other man whenever the lead man stands up and faces him. My eyes watch as he pulls out a long knife. He was going to stab N!

 

"Hey you're that guy from the other night." The lead man speaks up as N knocks the other man out cold. This guy has seen N before? The lead man chuckles. "Should've known they would've sent you to protect her too."

 

The lead man moves closer holding the knife dangerously close to the night courier.

 

He can't stab him. This guy is like my idol, I can't have him dying on me, or getting hurt on my watch.

 

I force myself to quietly move forward until I'm close enough to lift my leg in a swift kick between the man's legs.

 

"You ." The man grunts grabbing for his crotch. He falls to his knees and the knife clatters against the concrete. N moves in and I assumed he was going to finish the guy off by knocking him out but I felt him wrap his fingers around my wrist and then him yanking me out of the alleyway.

 

We ran until we were far enough away. I huff and puff whenever we finally stop running.

 

"Thanks!" I tell him. I look up towards his covered face, he was so tall.

 

He nods.

 

"Did my parents ask you to protect me?" I say looking down at my feet for a few seconds before glancing back up. I've imagined this situation many times, this was not how I imagined it'd happen. In my imagination he was very outgoing and loved to talk.

 

He shrugs. Is he not going to speak?

 

If only it wasn't so dark out. Or if we had a streetlight near us? The moon was covered behind the clouds tonight and not much light was lighting up the area. I wanted to see him, his eyes, his lips, his broad shoulders.

 

"Listen you don't have to protect me. I'm sure that they deserve their daughter being beaten up. They've done countless things to ruin other's lives." I sigh. "You don't need to protect me anymore. Just let nature take its course."

 

He shakes his head no.

 

"Is it about the money?" I frown. I shiver in the spring air. It's always about money. "I can still go through with the payment if you want. I just don't want you getting hurt because of me."

 

He shakes his head no once again. "It's not about the money." He whispers coming a bit closer to me.

 

I shiver once again. But this time it's because I could feel the warmth radiating from his body.

 

"What's that supposed to mean?"

 

"Take it how you want." He replies in a whisper. He suddenly pulls me by the wrist back in the direction we came. He stops in fron

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter