Chapter Two

Reverie (A Healer AU)(discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two:

--Minah--

 

"Daheun, please tell me your cousin's gone?" I say to her over the phone.

 

I heard her chuckle from her end of the phone. "Yes, she is."

 

"Thank god. I was so lonely last night." I step outside my house and head towards the bus stop. "I'm on my way over now."

 

She laughs again. "Okay! Hurry!"

 

Once I make it to her house we head to her room to watch TV. Today was Wednesday and Jihoo, my boss says that every Wednesdaywe'd be off because it's the middle of the week. I'm not complaining.

 

"Look that night courier N struck again last night." Daheun points the remote at the screen.

 

My heart speeds up. N was a mystery to everyone and I loved a good mystery. In fact someday I wanted to publish a mystery novel. I have many drafts for many different stories but I can't publish them unless I'm a writer.

 

Plus everyone rejects them when I pitch the idea to them. I think it's because of my name, because of my parents. My parents intimidate everyone.

 

I turn all my attention to the news channel that was covering the story about N. My eyes widen, that's the mall I go to all the time. Why couldn't I be there? I want to find out what he was doing there? Who's underneath those dark glasses and dark turtleneck?

 

The blurry video from the mall security cameras show N fighting with about nine or ten other men. He was winning as well despite being out numbered. He's so cool! The video ends after N drags away one of the men.

 

Daheun snaps a few fingers in front of my face and I snap out of my daze.

 

"Jeez, you and your obsession with that night courier." She smirks.

 

I smirk back towards her. "You and your obsession with that model, Hyuk." 

 

She blushes. "At least I can see his face and I know his full name!" She smirks. "Kim Sanghyuk. Now you tell me N's."

 

I sigh, she's got me this time. "I have a better probability of meeting N than you do Hyuk."

 

She huffs but chuckles. "I guess that N guy is y because of his aura of mysteriousness around him."

 

I nod. "Yeah and you know how I love a good mystery."

 

She nods. "I do." She switches the channel and goes into her recordings clicking on the Ravi and Hyuk episode that she recorded last night.

 

We both liked watching their MTV Diary because they seem more down to earth than other models and idols.

 

"I heard in this episode Hyuk is supposed to reveal a big secret!" Daheun squeals.

 

"Oh really?" I gasp. I wonder what it is? Oh this is sort of like a mystery!

 

The episode starts out with the opening theme and I tighten my grip on the pillow. I can't wait to hear the secret. I wish N had his own show where he revealed his identity!

 

Hyuk comes onto the screen first.

 

"Hey MTV Diary!" He smiles a wide handsome smile that has Daheun gripping onto my arm.

 

"His blonde hair kills me!" She squeals. "How can someone be that good looking?"

 

"Today's episode is about my secret. I'm sorry that I've kept this from you for so long, but it's sort of personal and I've finally gotten the courage to tell everyone."

 

"Oh god he doesn't have a girlfriend does he?" Daheun frowns. I shove a hand over to shut her up.

 

"Some of you may have noticed already but Ravi and I aren't similar at all." Ravi shows up in the frame and he waves at the camera. Daheun once again squeals against my hand. Ravi looks towards Hyuk and it looks as if a look of sadness crosses Ravi's eyes.

 

"In personalities and in looks." Hyuk sighs. "And that's because I'm not his biological brother."

 

Daheun squeaks. "What?" She rips my hand off .

 

"At the young age of fourteen was when I found out I was adopted." Hyuk gives the camera the peace sign.

 

"Adopted? Awe!" Daheun smiles. "He's more like a normal person than I thought!"

 

I roll my eyes. All celebrities are normal. They are just worshipped because they are good looking and are very good at their talents.

 

"I just felt bad that we were sort of deceiving our fans, telling you we were real brothers." Ravi joins in.

 

Hyuk nods. "Don't worry though. Ravi and I don't act any differently towards one another. In fact the news brought us closer."

 

Ravi nods. "It makes sense now that we don't look alike. I've always wondered myself."

 

All of the sudden the TV was shut off.

 

"Why do you guys watch that pointless crap?" Jaehwan's voice interrupts.

 

"Jaehwan, you idiot! I was watching that!" She scowls.

 

I smirk towards Jaehwan who had his ears covered. "Can't hear you!" He sticks his tongue out.

 

She huffs. "What are you doing here anyways?"

 

"To hang out, duh." He smiles and plops down on the couch beside me.

 

"Anyways, I can't believe Hyuk was adopted." Daheun starts out. "Like he's been through so many hardships. I can't imagine how it'd feel to be adopted. He seemed pretty upset about it."

 

"Yeah, well that's the thing whenever you find out that the people you live with aren't even your real family." Jaehwan sighs.

 

"At least his families around. My parents haven't been home since last week." I frown. Why would you leave your child to fend for themselves? I mean I know I'm twenty-four but it's always been like this. They've never been around. The last time I celebrated my birthday with them was when I was in second grade. Even then I could tell they weren't happy.

 

In fact they hated each other. If they didn't both contribute to the company they share I'm sure they would've been divorced by now.

 

"You still have us though!" Daheun grins wide.

 

"Yeah, we'll protect you." Jaehwan slings an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter