Chapter Six

Reverie (A Healer AU)(discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Six:

Hyuk's POV will once again be short because his story is a little ahead of the other's at the moment. I don't want to run out of his POVs before the story ends so bear with me, please! Expect an Unknown POV and a peek into Hakyeon's past as a gift instead!

--Minah--

 

I wonder why Hyuk showed up at Aunt Sunhi's place?

 

"Minah?" A hand waves in front of my face.

 

I snap out of my daze and look towards Hakyeon. "Hmm?"

 

"Is it unsual for Hyuk to visit your Aunt?"

 

"Yeah, I've never seen him come around before." I say, it was definitely odd of him to show up. Hakyeon nods, before stopping me from walking.

 

"So you know how we have Taekwoon's signing event tonight." He gives me a sheepish look.

 

"Yeah what about it?"

 

"I got my suit but my house is a ways from the event. I was wondering if I could change at your place?" He smiles.

 

I chuckle. "Yeah of course. We have to show up together anyways."

--

After letting Hakyeon into the bathroom to change and going to my own room to change I look myself over in the full length mirror in my room.

 

I hope this dress is appropriate for tonight. I sigh to myself before tying my hair into a bun. Just keep reminding yourself that you will get to publish one of your books once this is over, Minah.

 

My phone rings and I check the caller ID, it was Jaehwan. I slide to answer the call.

 

"Hello?"

 

"You're coming to the signing tonight right? I don't want to be alone, you know Hongbin never comes to these events." Jaehwan says through the phone.

 

I giggle. "Yes I'm coming."

 

"Okay good, I'll be a little late. See you there!" He says and ends the call. I lay my phone back down on my bed and look myself over in the mirror again. I look fine, I tell myself.

 

I finish my makeup quickly and head back towards the bathroom to make sure Hakyeon's still alive in there. As soon as I reach for the handle the door swings open revealing him in his suit.

 

My eyes rounded. Wow, he looks good in black. Actually he seems sort of similar to someone when he's dressed in black. I can't quite place it though.

 

"Oh." He says startled. He looks me over and pauses. "We totally match!" He beams.

 

Now that I get a better look at his suit it did become apparent that our outfits were similar. Both were black with white collars.

 

I chuckle. "You're right! They do say that great minds think alike." 

 

I can't believe I'm saying this but he's actually very very handsome. I shudder, Jesus I'm thinking about how hot my underling is. What has gotten in to me?

 

"Anyways, let's go!" I grab his arm and pull him away from the bathroom.

 

Once we arrived at Taekwoon's signing we stood in line to get in. We finally made it to the front of the line and flashed our invitation before stepping inside. Then we looked around for Jihoo.

 

He wasn't hard to find because as soon as we entered he came hurdling over.

 

"Thank god you're here! Taekwoon's been wanting to meet you two all night." Jihoo grins wide.

 

This would be the first time meeting him in person. We had Skyped before about his works but we never met in the flesh and blood.

 

Jihoo drags us through the crowd until we reached the front of the gala. I recognized the infamous Taekwoon with the pen name Leo as soon as I saw him. He was tall, had black hair, and no expression on his face.

 

"Oh, he's kind of scary." Hakyeon whispers into my ear.

 

I chuckle. "I know."

 

"He's probably a big softy underneath." Hakyeon whispers once more. I laugh once more, I don't know about that.

 

Jihoo bows and that causes a chain reaction, both Hakyeon and I to do so too.

 

"Mr. Jung, this is Ahn Minah, your chief editor and her assistant, Cha Hakyeon."

 

Taekwoon nods. "Thanks so much for the great edits." He says his facial expression never changing.

 

"Well I mean it's my job." I laugh.

 

He chuckles a bit, a small smile forming on his lips. I'm shocked, I didn't think he could laugh.  "Listen my fellow Author, Yumi is looking for an editor. I guess her editor Jinae isn't doing well with her work."

 

"Well I-." I say but a female cuts me off.

 

"Oh is this her, the famous editor, Minah?" The woman steps up beside Taekwoon.

 

I recognized her as the person Jinae from Nam Publisher's edited for.

 

"Uh, yes." Taekwoon replies.

 

"It's very nice to meet you, has Taekwoon told you about my need for a new editor?" She beams grabbing my hand shaking it firmly.

 

I slowly nod. But was I still an editor at this point? Jihoo said I could start my own book.

 

"Oh good! So what do you say?" She smiles wider. "Come here, I must show you around to some higher-ups in the Author field." She pulls on my wrist. Hakyeon follows close behind.

 

I gave him a look that said help me! He seems focused on the woman dragging me around. Did he think she was pretty or something?

 

Yumi looks in his direction.

 

"Oh who's this?" She questions.

 

"My assistant editor." I reply.

 

"Oh, fancy." She eyes him up and down. She pauses beside someone. "Ah, Hakyeon this is my old editor, Jinae. Can you enlighten her on how to edit better? Maybe with your help she can once again become an editor for me."

 

I recognized Jinae, she grins wide at Hakyeon despite how it sounds like Yumi fired her. Yumi pulls me away from the two. Man did I feel sorry for him now. Jinae was totally going to put the moves on him.

 

Yumi leads me around the room and towards the back.

 

"Where are we going?" I ask her.

 

"To meet my biggest inspiration!" She chuckles a bit and opens a door. She pulls me through and we were outside in the alleyway. 

 

"Why outside?" I frown, this was weird. Something didn't seem right?

 

"Because I'm out here." A voice speaks up. A very familiar man stood at the end of the alleyway. My eyes widen, it was the gang leader. The one who was always after me because of my parents.

 

I turn towards Yumi who was smirking. She was with him? Did that mean Taekwoon was too? No he couldn't be, he seemed clueless in there.

 

"Is that bastard N taken care of?" The man asks. N was here? Did they hurt him?

 

"For the time being." Yumi replies from behind me. "I've got someone keeping him busy."

 

"Good." The guy laughs moving forward until he's right in front of me. His hand moves to cup my cheek and I flinch. He it and I try to back up but Yumi holds me in place.

 

"Ah." The man delivers a punch to the cheek he was . I fall to the ground and cup my throbbing cheek.

 

Tears brim at the corner of my eyes. I'm pulled to my feet by Yumi and I fight against her but another person shows up, helping her hold me down.

 

They drag me away towards the end of the alleyway and into a car. What's going to happen to me? And was N alright?

 

The car pulls away and the lead man hand cuff my hands together. I shiver in fear, tonight was it wasn't it? The night I die.

 

--Hakyeon--

 

I growl to myself, that was her. Yumi was the one behind the listening device I found in the bathroom vent at Nam Publishers the other day. Thanks to Minja we were able to track down the buyer and it showed her, Nakamura Yumi was the buyer. Minja had been searching since I found the device and just found it this morning.

 

So I found it quite funny that she thought she was pulling something over on me by dumping me off with the annoyingly persistent Jinae. Yeah, Yumi knew my secret identity as N but did she know that I knew that she knew this information? Probably not.

 

Once she pulls Minah away Jinae grabs my arm. I take a deep breath, remember Hakyeon she's still a woman and you can't hit her no matter how badly you want to.

 

"So have you reconsidered my offer about coming with me to my house?" She bats her eyelashes at me.

 

"No. It's still no." I shake my head at her and shrug out of her grasp, moving in the direction I last saw Minah.

 

"They went out the back door." Minja says into my earpiece. I nod to myself and duck into the men's rest room. I pull my suit off and throw it away, such a waste of money. I pull my turtleneck up around my neck and my glasses out of my back pocket. I then proceed to pull the neck of my shirt up to cover my mouth and nose.

 

I take a deep breath, let's do this.

 

I had slipped a tracker onto Minah's dress before we left her house so I knew where she'd be at all times. Or rather Minja would and she would inform me.

 

I step out into the alleyway in time to see Minah being drug out towards a car. , I'm running a little late. I take off in a sprint but figures come out from the shadows and begin attacking me. I deal with them quickly before turning just in time to see the car door shutting.

 

Dammit! I move quicker and step out of the alleyway just as the car pulls off.

 

"Hey!" I felt a hand on my shoulder. I'm yanked back by a strong force and I come face to face with Jaehwan.

 

I don't have time for this! I try and pull away from him but he's got a death grip on my wrist. I glare down at his hand on my wrist.

 

"You're that N guy aren't you." He starts out. "Was that Minah being shoved into that car?"

 

I nod. Now let me go I look back up at his face.

 

"You must really at your job, why haven't you gotten rid of those gangsters yet?" He growls. "That's basically what I hired you for."

 

I stay silent. So he was the one who hired me.

 

He snorts. "You really don't care about her safety anyways. Just leave you can be done, I'll deliver the payment as soon as possible."

 

I shake my head no.

 

"What do you mean no? Speak up, you have a mouth." He spat. "Actually you know what's a good idea, why don't I out you right now. You are a threat to Minah and everyone else. Why did I even think hiring you was a good idea?"

 

I yank on my arm. He's wasting my time and pissing me off. I really didn't want to hurt him, but I might end up having to. He was someone special to Minah, I really didn't want to hurt him.

 

He starts pulling me forward towards the gala entrance where several media people were standing. No, Minah cannot find out my identity through the media. I don't want her to have to find out like that. What would she think of me then?

 

"Stop!" I finally speak up. He was oddly stronger than he looks.

 

Jaehwan freezes and turns around towards me with a confused look. 

 

I sigh, "It's me, Hakyeon."

 

I pull off my glasses and pull down my shirt to reveal my face.

 

His eyes widen.

 

"You? You're him?" He chuckles.

 

"Yes I'm him. Now let me go before I really hurt you." I growl yanking my arm towards me.

 

He releases my wrist and steps back.

 

"What is going on?" He says he seems like everything in his mind is crumbling down.

 

"You're wasting my time. I need to go save her." I step back and cover my face back up. "Please don't tell anyone or else Minah could end up being upset."

 

"Does she know?" He swallows, suddenly seeming extremely upset.

 

"No, it's a secret for a reason. I can't just go around telling everybody."

 

I continue to back up while he contemplated some more.

 

Luckily this time he lets me go. He was probably too in shock to notice that I left but that doesn't matter.

 

I have to save Minah.

 

"Minja, where is she?" I say loud and firm.

 

"Are you sure it's a good idea to go alone?" She starts out. "I can send Daeyong to help."

 

"No Minja, this has nothing to do with Daeyong. Just tell me where Minah is." I growl back.

 

I heard a long sigh and her mumbling. "I've sent her location to your phone."

 

"Thanks." I reply pulling it out. 

 

Once I arrive at where her location is I come face to fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter