Chapter Ten

Reverie (A Healer AU)(discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Ten:

Ready for the next chapter? Unfortunely Hyuk won't have a POV in this chapter. I'm sorry! 

--Minah--

"So, what's your plan exactly?" I ask Junghoon. We had left Yumi at the grocery store they took me to last time and we continued to walk into part of town.

 

"Well, first off we'll have to deal with that Night Courier that your parents hired, then-." He starts out but I cut him off.

 

"My parents didn't hire him, a friend did." I say looking towards the ground. "And I doubt we'll have to worry about him. I haven't heard from him in a couple of days. Last time I saw him he was attacking my parents and it looked personal."

 

Junghoon had stopped walking and I stopped as well turning back to look at him. "I guess that would make sense, seeing as what your parents did to him."

 

I sigh, this just confirms my suspicions from earlier. "You know who he is?"

 

He nods. "We had Yumi stick close to him. He slipped up one day, we heard him talking to his accomplice, Minja about you." There was that name again, Minja. So she was their accomplice. He gives me an odd look. "You seem like you know something?"

 

"I may have figured it out as well." I sigh. "I began to question it after you guys cut him in the park, after the trip to the hospital things just seemed to come together." I shrug looking back down at my feet.

 

"What are you talking about? We didn't cut anyone in the park?" He says causing my head to whip up to look him in the eyes.

 

"What?" I exclaim. "What do you mean you didn't order the attack?" My eyes were wide, who could it possibly have been then?

 

"None of my men were ordered to attack him at the park." He seems confused.

 

I put my hand to my forehead. "Then who did it?"

 

"I don't know, but we'd better get going." He says moving forward. I staggered behind him, so then was the attack aimed at him and not to get to me?

 

Does someone else know his identity? My hands form into fists, who would hurt him like that?

 

After our short walk we ended up at the 11th Street subway entrance. I squint at the sign once we arrive. Hmm, how convenient of them to have their hide out here. We enter and are greeted by a group of men at the bottom of the stairs. They all bow towards the man and I awkwardly stand behind him.

 

He turns towards me. "This is Han Minah, daughter of the Han family. She's agreed to help us out on the condition that we don't rough her up."

 

I quickly bow, I soon heard several snorts and scoffs from the men.

 

"You'll have to excuse them, they all were personally victimized by your family." Junghoon offers me a small smile. "Boys and girls." He announces, now that I get a good look at them there were some females as well. "We will be complying with Miss Han's condition, alright. She's been the victim of her parents verbal abuse since she was a mere child. She has every reason to be accepted by us so we will accept her."

 

They all bow once more.

 

"Come on." Junghoon says pulling me after him. We head deeper into the tunnels and come into a small room. There were computers with video footage of the entrance and front area on the screens.

 

"So how are we taking my parents down?" I ask him once again.

 

"We need more evidence before we can accuse them." He sighs. "I have a team of men finding evidence as we speak but its hard." He crosses his arms. "First off we started by trying to meet with them but all they did was offer us money to shut us up, then we found out about you." He pauses sitting down in a computer chair. "The reason we came after you was because we thought you'd be their weak point. If we had you they'd be desperate to turn themselves in. But-."

 

"They hate me." I say finishing his sentence.

 

He tsks. "Well yeah."

 

That's when an idea pops into my head. "Well actually it could still work." I begin to pace back and forth throughout the room.

 

"How?" He asks as his phone beeps. He pulls it out and checks his message. He tsks once again but looks up waiting for me to inform him about my idea.

 

"You could use me against them, send out ransom videos or threaten to kill me. They'd have to do something in return to keep up their good image in the publics eye." I stop pacing and face him. "I mean wouldn't they look like horrible people for not saving their own daughter?"

 

He smiles and nods. "But what about after they confess? Wouldn't I get arrested for kidnapping you?"

 

"All I have to do is say I came along willingly." I shrug. "Which I did." I laugh this was going to work out well wasn't it.

 

"That's actually a brillant idea." He stands and begins to pace himself.

 

"Plus I'm sure my real mother and brother aren't going to sit quietly either, so we can attack them all around." I clap my hands together. This was a genius idea.

 

"Yes, that is true too." He stops pacing and looks towards me. "Except we might have one problem."

 

I felt my eyebrows scrunch up in confusion. "Huh?"

 

He sighs. "Yumi just text me, the Night Courier has shown up at the grocery store looking for you."

 

My eyes rounded, Hakyeon came looking for me? Did Jaehwan pay him even more? Why was he suddenly trying to help me again? "He did?"

 

He nods. "Yumi's sent him a job request to. He'll be here any moment, and I'm sure it won't be to fulfill the request she sent."

 

My heart thumps. He was coming here?

 

I heard Junghoon sigh once more. "Actually he's faster than I thought, he's already here." My head swings in his direction. He was pointing at one of the computer screen. My eyes scan over the video footage and I see Hakyeon fighting a bunch of Junghoon's men. They quickly pinned him to the ground.

 

"Boss we got him." A voice is heard through a walkie-talkie that was sitting on the computer desk. He was really here.

 

Junghoon moves forward and grabs the walkie-talkie speaking into it. "Bring him to me."

 

But Hakyeon was on his feet again attacking the men once more. Is he crazy, they have guns?

 

"Junghoon don't let them hurt him!" I say desperately grabbing onto his arm. "I'll go stop him."

 

He sits down the walkie-talkie and looks at me. "Let's go stop them."

 

We run out as fast as we could. Upon reaching the front area I saw Hakyeon being thrown up against the wall and one of the men bending down putting the gun to Hakyeon's forehead. My heart was racing, no they can't kill him.

 

"Stop!" I yell. I start to run over towards him but Junghoon stops me.

 

"Boys stop." He says using his deep voice causing his men to turn in his direction. Junghoon releases me and I run over to Hakyeon who was lying on the ground against the wall.

 

Once I reach him I quickly bend down to my knees and look him over for any bleeding wounds. "Are you crazy?" I tell him.

 

Suddenly I'm pulled tightly against him and he pushes me behind him protectively. I sigh and pull myself out of his arms. I step back in front of him.

 

"I'm not in any danger." I smile. "I turned myself in to them, we are working together against my parents."

 

Junghoon was beside me and he places a hand on my shoulder. "I'll give you guys some time, but we need to start on our plan as soon as possible."

 

I nod towards him before he pulls his men back. Then I was left alone with Hakyeon.

 

I bend back down to his level, he was breathing a bit heavily probably because of the fight earlier but I needed to know if he was okay. "Are you okay?"

 

He stayed silent and I sigh moving a bit closer. "You know you can talk to me right?" I say to him.

 

Once again silence, he face was just angled up in my direction. The only way I knew he was concious was because his hand would grip at his side every now and then.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter