Chapter One

Reverie (A Healer AU)(discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter One:

Remember there are three POVs per chapter, unless Anon makes a surprise visit!

--Minah--

My dream was to become an author. I wanted a way for people to remember me after I'm long gone. Everyone knew Shakespeare, I wanted to be just like him. So, what better way than writing a book of all things? Fiction, nonfiction, fan fiction, journalism it doesn't matter, I want to be remembered by somebody.

 

Although, even though I succeeded in every single one of my literature and writing classes in college I still couldn't land a writing job. No one was or is hiring Author's these days. So I settled for the next best thing, an Editor.

 

I came to Nam Publishers a year ago with a very small resume looking for a job as an Author. Nam Publishers was a small publishers company and was quite frankly the only company that gave me a second glance. I got a call back the week after my interview and they told me I got accepted but as an Editor instead of a Author.

 

I ended up accepting the offer because who knows maybe I'll get promoted? I'm very optimistic.

 

Now a year later I'm still in the same position as I was since I walked in. Yeah, my pay has went up but I still wasn't doing what I loved.

 

Eventually Nam Publishers became my third home. I already had a second home at my friend, Daheun's but Nam Jihoo my boss made the place a very homey place. I made some good friends here.

 

I have one Author I edit for. His name was Jung Taekwoon, although he writes under the pen name, Leo. His books are very practical and sometimes dark. He's an odd fellow. But his stories could leave an impact on someone and that's what being an Author's about.

 

Lee Jaehwan my childhood friend also worked here, he got himself a job here after I did. He was also an Editor but he only did online editing. His Author was a online writer and blogger who was known for being anonymous until last month he finally came out as a guy named, Lee Hongbin.

 

Every woman flipped because apparently Lee Hongbin was gorgeous. To me he's just another Author. He was good looking but I like the more mysterious aura.

 

I don't know why mystery's draw me in, it could be because my past. My family life wasn't very good. My parents were rich business owners who were rarely ever home. When they were they acted as if I were the neighbors child. So, my childhood was spent alone, I had no siblings so I had to find ways to keep myself busy. I would often read mystery books to occupy myself.

 

So my family history brings me to the point I made early. My best friend, Daheun's parents are more like parents to me that my own are.

 

"Are you staying at Daheun's tonight?" Jaehwan asks as we walk out of the office after a long day. 

 

"No, I unfortunately have to go home tonight. Daheun's cousin is visiting." I sigh. Jaehwan sighs as well.

 

"I'll walk you home then." He smiles and I nod. We catch the bus and sit down near the back. My parents were rich but like I said before they don't really care for me. Not even enough to buy me a car. Lately I've been saving my money up for one.

 

I've almost got enough. But I'd rather keep it and save up for an apartment or maybe even a house. I felt someone tap me on the shoulder.

 

"Excuse me Miss, but are you Ahn Minah?" A guy asks. I turn to face him and I nod.

 

"Yeah why?" I scrunch my forehead towards him.

 

"No reason." He smiles pulling back to cross his arms over his chest and look at the guy next to him.

 

That's odd. Jaehwan just tells me to turn around and I do so.

 

Once we get to my stop we both get off and head in the direction of my house. The man from before also got off and followed after us.

 

Does he want money or something? Do my parents owe him?

 

I turn around to face him and I hear Jaehwan sigh. I was always getting myself into trouble when he was around.

 

"Is there a reason you're following me?" I ask the guy who gave me a cocky smile in return.

 

"Yeah, actually there is." He grins folding his arms across his chest. "I was going to wait until we got in front of your house but here's okay too."

 

"Go on." I tell him impatiently.

 

"Watch your back, Ahn because you're parents pissed off the wrong person this time. They'll pay for it one way or another." He shrugs adding a smirk in at the end. "What better way than to get back at them by attacking their only daughter?"

 

My eyes widen. "You actually think they care about me?"

 

He shrugs. "We'll see."

 

"You won't be laying a hand on her." Jaehwan speaks up stepping in front of me. His phone in his hand 119 already typed in just waiting to hit send. "I've already got 119 dialed."

 

The guy once again shrugs. "There'll be a time when you aren't around her. I didn't say I'd have to get her today, did I?" He laughs. "See you soon, Ahn Minah." He backs away and disappears around the corner.

 

Jaehwan sighs locking his phone. "You're parents really screw over the wrong people."

 

"I know." I frown. I never wanted to be born into wealth. Yeah, I had money but was I even allowed to use it? Wealth hasn't done anything but put me into more and more trouble.

 

"Come on let's get you home where you're safe." He says pulling on my arm. I turn away from where the guy had been standing earlier and follow Jaehwan.

 

The sad thing is, I doubt my parents would even do anything if that guy attacked me. Half the time they forget I exist, so why would it effect them if I come home with a few bruises.

 

--Hakyeon--

 

"Minja, how much did you say this assignment was worth?" I whine into my earpiece to my partner in crime.

 

"I told you it's three hundred thousand won for us both." Minja sighs into my earpiece. "Just get the job done already."

 

No matter how much won this client pays us, I don't see how it's worth it?

 

I sigh pulling up my black turtleneck to cover the lower half of my face. I move into the secluded alley and find the man I'm supposed to be looking for. I tap the side of my glasses and it actives the sunglasses tint so no one can see my eyes.

 

"Are-are you him?" A guy with a briefcase stutters, he stood at the end of the alley with wide eyes.

 

I chuckle. "That depends, who are you looking for?" 

 

"The night courier, N." He speaks firmly but I could tell he was shaking.

 

I nod moving forward. "That's me." I pat his shoulder and he flinches.

 

"Just stay with me until they come to receive the package." He sticks close to my side as movement occurs at the entrance to the alley way.

 

Four men step up to us. I sigh, I hope this is an easy night tonight. I really want some chicken and my couch right now.

 

"So did you bring the case?" The tallest of the group steps up towards the man beside me. The tallest glances at me before looking back at the man.

 

The man nods and shoves the case into his hands. He cowers away behind me. What a joke, how scared can you be?

 

The tall guy snorts at his actions.

 

"What'd they do ask one of their bodyguards to protect the son of a ?" The biggest of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter