Forever Celebrity

Puzzles

"..but really, your Mom is so pretty!"

"Your Dad rapped well too. My Mom said that your Dad is one of our country's legend in rapping. Is he still rapping well now?"

"Ah, I wonder how does it feels to be GDragon and Taeyeon's son. It must be fun."

"I envy you, Taeyong-ah."

 

Taeyong sighed. He always hate it when his friends start fussing about his parents too much. 

 

"Hey, Son!" He heard a familiar shout came from a distance, "let's hop in!"

"ANNYEONGHASEYO, MRS TAEYEON!" His friends greeted loudly to his mom who sat behind the drive. 

Taeyeon smiled and greeted back, "hello, kids! Why weren't you guys go home already?"

"We're just waiting to be picked up, Maam!"

"Ah really? You guys want to hop in too? I can just drive you guys...."

"No need, Mom. Let's just go home now!" Taeyong interjected. He opened the car door abruptly, and just sat beside her mom. "Come on, Mom. I am tired."

Taeyeon shook her head and talked to Taeyong's friend once again, "really, boys. Its okay to hop in. Anyone want to?"

"No, thank you, Maam. We're all good." One of them spoke. 

"Okay then. Be safe, kids!" Taeyeon waved to the kids, and continue drove to their house.

 

"What's with your attitude, Kwon Taeyong? That was rude." Taeyeon began the conversation with her son who looked upset since before.

Taeyong sighed, "nothing. I apologize, Mom."

Knowing her son too well, she just knew that something had bothered him.

"Spill it, handsome. What happened at school?"

No answer.

"Got bad Math score?"

No answer.

"School's food not good today?"

Still no answer.

"You lost your precious earphone? Dad didn't give you enough pocket money?"

Still, no answer.

Taeyeon gave up. This, she knew that he wouldn't spill it out easily, so the best thing to do is waiting for him to tell the story by himself. Kwon Taeyong truly just a male version of her, both look-wise and attitude-wise. Oh, how people said that genes will never lie.

"Why are you so pretty, Mom?"

Taeyeon bewildered with the sudden answer. "What?" She thought she heard wrong.

"And why Dad is so popular? You too."

Taeyeon finally got the idea. Taeyong always hated it whenever people brought up the topic about his celebrity parents. He always feel burdened when people start praising his parents too much, because he hate to be placed in a spotlight. Differs from his older sister, Jiyeon, who can just brushed it off easily, Taeyong got easily bothered about this thing.

"I am sorry that your Dad and I made you uncomfortable, Son. We wish our past job could bother you less.."

"What is so good about being a celebrity, actually?" Taeyong genuinely express his curiosity, "is it actually comfortable for you to be always recognized wherever you go? I mean, when we were having our vacation to New York last winter, bunch of foreigners even recognized you and Dad from afar. Isn't it uncomfortable too for you?"

Taeyeon laughed and ruffled Taeyong's hair lovingly, "look at your curiosity, smart kid."

"No, Mom. I am being serious. What's so good about being a celebrity?"

"Hmm exposure is one thing that I hate so much too, but there are many good things too."

"Such as?"

"I could make people happy with my job, I was able to meet so many people, I was able to meet your another moms in SNSD, and of course, meeting your Dad. You are here, because we met in celebrity world, Son."

"My friends always fussed about their parents adoring you and Dad so much.. What's so special about you two? You guys are just a normal parents with two childrens. Heck yeah you two still appeared on TV once in a while, but that doesn't mean that you two are superhumans or something, right?"

Taeyeon chuckled, "Indeed. Ah, we're so sorry, Son. I am sorry that our past job bother you this much..."

"No, Mom. It's just me being too sensitive.. I love you. I didn't mean to put it in a bad way earlier."

"It's okay. I can understand. No harm done, handsome."

"But you're really pretty though. That one, I admit. You are even prettier than Yoona mom in my eyes. People should just stop calling her goddess, because you're the real one."

Taeyeon laughed out loud, "you sweet talker. Be careful not to say it again in front of her later. Yoona mom and Sunny mom will visit our house later in the afternoon."