Growing Up

Puzzles

"...but Dad is really going to kill me this time, Mom. I.. don't even... Ah, really. What am I supposed to do right now?"

That night, Kwon Jiyeon cried inside Taeyeon's hug. The two woman were having their bonding time inside Jiyeon's room, oblivious to another two male species inside their house, Kwon Jiyong and Kwon Taeyong, who already slept from hours ago.

Taeyeon chuckled, "as if you just knew your Dad from yesterday. Why would he kill you when he's literally can't live without you?"

"But I made a terrible mistake, Mom. This one.. I don't think he will let this one go." 

"Don't worry, sweetheart," Taeyeon wiped her daughter's tears, then cupped her face lovingly, "having a lunch date with your boyfriend is not considered as a sin."

"It is indeed not, but got caught by Dad was another thing, Mom." Jiyeon whined, "he's been ignoring me since then. He's clearly angry. Ah, Kwon Jiyeon you clumsy mess!" Jiyeon messed her own hair, groaned in frustation.

Taeyeon could only smile in amusement after listening to her lovely daughter's concerns. Her precious Kwon Jiyeon, the mini version of her, was now a pretty and sweet 17-years old high schooler who just got caught on a lunch date with her first boyfriend by her forever-super-protective Dad, Kwon Jiyong.

"I will take care about your Dad. He's probably just surprised, honey. Hush now go to sleep, you still need to go to school tomorrow morning." Taeyeon tidied Jiyeon's hair, then kissed her forehead lovingly.

"Give your Dad some time, honey. He's not mad at you, heck, he never could because trust me, he is always worshipping you even when you're still inside my womb."

Jiyeon nodded and hugged Taeyeon tight, "I love you, Mom. You are the best." 

"I love you too, honey. Always."

 

 

-----------------------------------

 

Taeyeon lazily opened her room, only to found Jiyong, who still sat in front of his computer, seen busy doing something 

"Where were you?"

"Just done some girls talk with the princess," Taeyeon walked to Jiyong's spot, and hugged his neck lovingly while tugging her chin to his head, "someone got bothered because her dad wouldn't talk to her since lunch time."

Jiyong sighed, "I saw her having lunch with that kid on my way back from the studio. That kid looked like a cassanova. He might made my Jiyeon laugh and all now, but trust me, that kind of kid will eventually leave her for another girl!"

"Look who's talking." Taeyeon snorted, "my my. Do you forget what is your past like, Mr. Kwon?"

Jiyong rebutted, "after meeting you, I never even tried to look to another woman! You go ask all my members about this, they can confirm."

"Aigoo, such a childish Dad." Taeyeon pinched his cheek, "no need to be that defensive, Ji. We raised Jiyeon well, I don't think she will just pick a boyfriend without any consideration. Let's give her a chance. She's freaking 17, Ji. She need to experience this kind of thing. Okay?"

"But..."

"No, Ji. Let's give her a chance to prove it. Control yourself, don't let your ego eat you up!"

"It's not...."

"Look, Ji." Taeyeon looked straight at Jiyong's orbs, "cut all the drama, and talk to her nicely. Speak to her, let her be. Okay?"

Jiyong nodded, admits defeat. Maybe he should really open his heart. "But once he hurt my Jiyeon, I swear I will personally kill him."

"Aye, aye, Daddy. Now let's sleep, you still need to take Jiyeon and Taeyong to school tomorrow."

Jiyong nodded, and kissed Taeyeon's lips lovingly. "Thank you, wife. I am sorry for making fuss about things like this."

 

That night made both realized, seeing their kid growing up is a bittersweet experience.