Sober

Puzzles

Jiyong: "Who's up for drink tonight?"

Youngbae furrowed his eyebrows after he saw Jiyong's post on Bigbang chatroom. It was Saturday night and Jiyong asked them to have a night out? Was Taeyeon having her PMS or something?

Seungri: "Go to Gimpo in 45 minutes, Hyung. I'll pay for your flight. Let's join me partying in Tokyo tonight!"

Daesung: "..and you didn't even bother to offer me, you rascal."

Jiyong: "not in the mood to go anywhere far.."

Seunghyun: "aaah, too bad I'm overseas. Shooting is on its 8th hour and no sign of break anytime soon. I need my wine, really."

Jiyong: "hurry go home, hyung. I miss you."

Seunghyun: "wrong chatroom. Taeyeon's not here, Ji. You drunk already?"

Daesung: "he wrote 'hyung', it was actually meant for you, hyung."

 

 

Youngbae chuckled at the boys' conversation. His sudden chuckle surprised her girlfriend who sat right at his side, "What's so funny?"

He shook his head, "lonely Jiyong is currently being bullied."

"Lonely?" Hyorin asked, "Tiffany told me that SNSD is free from overseas schedule for this month. Why would he be lonely when Taeyeon is going to be in town for a full month?"

"They must be quarreling or something." Youngbae chuckled again while scooted himself closer to Hyorin.

"Ask him to come here, then. We still have some pizza left, right?"

Youngbae shook his head hard, opposing the idea.

"I love him but no, no one's gonna disturb us tonight. Not even him."

Hyorin laughed hard, "I thought he is your other half or something?" She teased. Youngbae frowned at his girlfriend attempt to .

"No, but seriously. Give him a call, babe. Lonely Jiyong is always worrisome." Hyorin patted Youngbae's leg. "Go. 10 minutes call won't do harm to our date."

Youngbae sighed, then stood up to make a call, per his girlfriend request.

 

 

 

"Hello."

"Oh?" Jiyong answered with cheerful tone, "you're not having your date with Hyorin noona? Let's grab some drink then! I'll pick you up....."

"I'm at her pad, Ji." Youngbae cut Jiyong's ramble. 

"Ah.." all those cheerful tone was vanished instantly, "why are you calling me then? Need any help?"

"It is should be me who ask you, not otherwise. You need help?"

"Why? Do I even ask you to help me? I'm fine though." Jiyong answered with a very, very defensive tone.

"No you're not." Youngbae sighed. His suspicion was pretty much confirmed. Jiyong is clearly having a lovers fight with Taeyeon. "Go talk to Taeyeon. You two need to stop being so explosive towards each other. Stop acting so pitiful, Ji. Drinking won't solve anything."

"Do I even mentioned Taeyeon? I just want to have a drink, Bae."

"Ck," Youngbae sneered at Jiyong's shameless answer, "Soshi is going to stay in town for a full freaking month and you're sulking like this? Come on boy, I know you better than you know yourself. Even Taeyeon's having her period won't make you sulky like this."

"Yah, Dong Youngbae! What period...."

"Cut the crap, toddler." Youngbae cut Jiyong again. "Go to her and talk it down. Really, you two aren't even a teenagers couple but why, why, why it's always that hard for you two to have a fight without a cold war? Lower your pride, Ji. This is ain't a ride-or-die thingy anymore now. You said you want to marry her, don't you?"

Jiyong left with no word to answer his bestfriend's ramble. There was a good few seconds of silence between their phonecall.

"Hyorin is waiting, Ji. I'll hang up now. Don't get drunk and do foolish thing." Youngbae then put his phonecall off. He sluggishly walkes back to Hyorin who's currently immersed on the movie played at the TV.

 

 

"What did he say?" Hyorin asked.

"Nothing. Let's just watch the movie in peace now."

Just when he want to put his phone on the table, it buzzed, signaling that there's a text coming in.

Jiyong: Thank you, Bae. Sorry for disturbing your date. Say hi to noona for me.