The Unexpected Surprise (pt. 2)

I Need You Back

As Jimin entered the practice room, the lights suddenly turned off, making him curse. “Tsk, stupid lights,” he muttered under his breath. He tried to feel the walls to find the light switch and finally found it, but as he tried to flick it on, the lights still remained off.

“Guys, I think there’s a power outage,” he said in a loud voice, but no one answered him. He felt chills down his spine despite the hot atmosphere of the room. Something fell behind him, making him yelp.

“Huh, it’s just a notebook,” he sighed in relief. He looked around the room and he felt like someone’s watching him. He’s getting a little scared because of the deafening silence lurking inside the room. When he was about to turn towards the door, it slammed shut…by itself.

“G-guys, this isn’t funny!” His voice trembled as he spoke. Suddenly, he heard a loud thud on his left, making him run to the opposite side. Another thud came from his right, so he went forward. Then, something dropped in front of him, and it looked like…a dead body. He let out a blood curling, high pitched scream and fell back. He was already on the verge of crying as he pleaded, “Please, just take anything but don’t kill me! I’ll do anything, I swear! I’ll even do aegyo! Just don’t kill me!”

Just then, he heard someone, or more like everyone, burst out in a wave of laughter and the lights switched on. His eyes were temporarily blinded by the sudden brightness and he looked around, confused. When his eyes finally adjusted, at the same time his brain realized what was going on.

The BTS members were now laughing on the floor like maniacs. He wanted to get mad and throw a tantrum, but he just couldn’t, seeing his fellow brothers like that. Jin, who was really funny in his signature laugh, was the one who closed the door. He looked to his front and realized that the “dead body” was Taehyung, whose laugh sounded like he was having asthma or he was being strangled. The one who made loud thuds were Hoseok and Namjoon. It’s a miracle that the cabinets weren’t broken because Namjoon was banging on them while laughing hard, while Hoseok was rolling on the floor, clutching his sides. Yoongi was laughing like crazy and he realized that it was him who threw the notebook. Alright, everyone’s here except for one.

“Where’s Kookie?” he asked once the laughter died down. Nobody answered him, but he noticed that they exchanged knowing glances with each other. That’s the time when Jimin took notice of his surroundings. The practice room was definitely decorated this time, which the members did while he’s away. Ribbons hung here and there, and a big banner with a well-written “Happy Birthday, Jiminnie!” was hanged just above the BigHit sign. Then, at the middle of the room was a big, foldable table with seven chairs. The table wasn’t decorated, but Jimin didn’t complain. He knew that everyone worked hard in decorating, so he was very thankful for this little set up. “Now I know why you’re so busy lately,” he smiled as he looked at everyone inside the room.

“Yeah, we did this all for you,” Namjoon said, putting his arm around Jimin’s shoulders and gave him a squeeze. Jimin was really happy, but he’s really distracted right now because he can’t find Jeon Jungkook. “Guys, I really wanna know where Kookie is,” he said, catching everyone’s attention.

“Kookie just went out to pick up something,” Yoongi said. “Don’t worry, he’ll be back. He’ll never miss his favorite hyung’s birthday, right guys?” The rest nodded in agreement and Jimin hugged them one by one. All of them sang a happy birthday song. And when it came the time of the last stanza, they all stepped aside and made way for the most awaited person in Jimin’s list: Jeon Jungkook.

He was dressed in a red shirt, black jeans, and white sneakers. He also put on a black jacket and donned a snapback. Totally Jungkook style. He was holding a cake big enough for all of them. It was simple. It has white icing, a few fruits that were sticking out at the bottom side, chocolate letterings that says happy birthday, and a lit candle that has the design of the number 21. Jimin stood in awe at the sight of the shy boy holding the cake. He couldn’t find the right words to describe him right now. Jungkook came closer and offered the cake to his hyung, smiling as he did. “Happy birthday, ChimChim,” he whispered.

It took Jimin all of his might not to jump on Jungkook right now. Instead, he locked eyes with the maknae and said, “Thank you, Kookie.” The younger gave him the cake and they sang happy birthday once more. When the song finished, Jimin blew the candles almost immediately.

“Didn’t you make a wish?” Taehyung asked. Jimin just chuckled and said, “I already have what I wished for, right here.” He glanced at Jungkook, who caught his eye and immediately looked away, flustered. Jimin simply smiled at the maknae’s actions. The rest of the members were grinning like idiots. They were glad that the two made up since the tension was lifted and everyone was happy. “Alrighty, everyone! Let’s eat!” exclaimed Jimin, making everyone cheer.

Dinner was full of lively chatters. The members had so much fun, acting like their age. Pictures were taken here and there. They even got to the point where they were sitting cross-legged on the floor playing spin the bottle. If the bottle lands on someone, they would either choose truth or dare. So far, Namjoon was dared to act from a K-drama scene, Yoongi sung the chorus of “Eyes, Nose, Lips”, Taehyung danced in a very weird way, and Jin rapped Namjoon’s part on “I Need U”. When the next bottle spun, it landed on Hoseok. “Ah, Hoseok,” Yoongi announced. “Truth or dare?”

Hoseok thought for a moment before he answered, “I guess a dare wouldn’t hurt.” Yoongi nodded and started to think of a perfect dare for him. The others waited patiently, darting their eyes between Yoongi and Hoseok. Suddenly, Yoongi exclaimed, “Aha! I’ve got it!” The others were excited to know what he had in mind. “Hoseok,” he said, smirking. “I dare you to kiss Taehyung.”

“W-what?!” both Hoseok and Taehyung exclaimed. Everybody started to laugh and cheer for them. “Vhope couple sitting on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G,” Jimin and Jungkook chanted in a singsong voice. The two blushed furiously and stared at the floor.

“C-can you change the dare, Yoongi hyung?” Hoseok pleaded as he saw Taehyung shifting uncomfortably. Yoongi simply shook his head. “Sorry, but you can’t,” he said with a smirk on his face. “You did it once, you can surely do it again.”

“But that was once! We never said we’ll do it again,” Hoseok reasoned. “And I don’t like my dongsaeng to feel uncomf-” He was suddenly cut off when Taehyung blurted out, “It’s okay, hyung. I…I’ll do it.”

Hoseok stared at him wide-eyed. He couldn’t believe what Taehyung just said. “Are you sure, Taehyungie?” he asked the younger softly to make sure. The younger male just nodded, but his cheeks were tinted with a deep shade of red. Cute, Hoseok thought. He stood up and knelt in front of Taehyung. “Come on, let’s do this,” he whispered as he offered his arm towards the younger. Taehyung shyly took it and the two placed themselves in the middle of the semi-circle that the other members made.

“Alright,” Namjoon said, clapping his hands in an amused way. “So, the two of you has to do it in a span of ten seconds.” The two looked at him in a shocked manner. “T-ten?! Why ten?” Hoseok asked.

“Just do it,” Yoongi chuckled. Hoseok was about to protest, but Taehyung stopped him. “Hyung,” he softly said, almost pleading. “Just kiss me, hyung.” Hoseok was unsure, but he wrapped his arms around Taehyung’s waist and pulled him closer.

“Ready?” he asked nervously. The younger nodded and wrapped his arms around the older’s neck. Their eyes locked momentarily, causing their hearts to beat frantically. Their breathing became uneven when they’re faces became only a few inches apart. And they started to get closer, and closer, stopping when their lips just hovered with each other. Finally, Hoseok took a deep breath and tilted his head, claiming Taehyung’s lips with his. The world melted around them in an instant. Their own hidden feelings took over and their lips started to move in sync, slow yet passionate. Hoseok tightened his grip around Taehyung, pulling him closer. Taehyung, on the other hand, felt his knees buckle and clung to his hyung as if his life depended on it.

Meanwhile, the others just stared at the two, each having a defined expression on his face. Jin was smiling like a proud mom. Yoongi looked like he accomplished something great in his life. Namjoon smirked, amused by the scene. Jimin’s mouth was hanging wide open, but he’s happy nonetheless. And, of course, Jungkook was fangirling just like what he did last time when the Vhope couple were dared to kiss. Yoongi looked at his watch and saw that the ten seconds were up, but he didn’t make them stop. Namjoon nudged him and whispered, “Yah, the ten seconds are up.”

“I know,” he whispered back. Namjoon gave him a then-why-aren’t-you-stopping-them look. Yoongi just chuckled. “The scene is too good, I don’t want to ruin their moment.”

Namjoon quickly understood what he meant and smirked. When he went back on watching the two, they already withdrew from each other. The members can clearly see that the Vhope couple are out of breath. Jin smiled and asked, “So, how do you feel?”

Both males just blushed, but they were looking at each other, a shy smile plastered on their faces. Jin chuckled. “Well, I guess I’ll take that answer as great,” then he glanced at his watch. Oh, look at the time. It’s 12:30 am, we have to sleep, guys.”

Jimin and Jungkook both shouted a yes and scurried off towards their room. Their hyungs just laughed at them. “Look at them go, kids and their hormones these days,” Yoongi said, shaking his head.

“C’mon, Yoongi. Let them be,” Hoseok said. His face still has a light shade of pink on it. Yoongi just scoffed, “Huh, you just said that because you kissed Taehyungie’s lips again.”

All members burst out laughing and said their good nights. Meanwhile, in Jungkook and Jimin’s room, the two were ready for bed and was about to sleep when Jungkook suddenly gasped, “Jiminnie hyung, I forgot to give you something!” Jimin gave the maknae a questioning look as the younger shuffled the contents of his bag. Then, he pulled out something. “Kookie, what’s that?” Jimin asked.

Jungkook looked at him and smiled his, showing his bunny teeth. “I’m sorry if it’s an hour late. I know it’s already the 14th of October, but it’s better late than never right?” he said as he offered the wrapped box to Jimin. The wrapping wasn’t too fancy, it was just a sky blue with white anchors as design and has a navy blue bow on the upper left side. Jimin took the gift from Jungkook’s hands, thanking him in the process. He shook it, but it didn’t give a rattling sound, yet the gift was quite heavy. He carefully unwrapped it and took out the box. When he opened it, his eyes widened in awe. The box contained a black snapback with a blue brim. Kookie was written in capital letters on the front. Along with it was a blue hoodie and there were words written on the front. It says, “I belong to my favorite dongsaeng, Jungkookie”. And lastly, a necklace having the word Kook, from Jikook, serving as a pendant. The older couldn’t believe that the maknae would give him such a gift. He couldn’t find the words to speak at all.

“So, do you like it?” Jungkook asked nervously. “It’s okay if you don’t, I can always retur-“ He was cut off by a pair of lips pressing against his own. Jimin didn’t know what came over him, he was too happy about the maknae’s gift. Jungkook was overwhelmed, but slowly, he returned the kiss, wrapping his arms around the older’s neck. Jimin pulled him closer by hugging him by the waist. The kiss was short, but when the two broke away, they were breathless. They leaned against each other’s foreheads, hearts racing, cheeks flushed, breath uneven. Slowly, Jimin pulled away and placed Jungkook’s head between his hands.

“You don’t have to return it, Kookie,” he whispered softly. “I love it.” Jungkook rewarded him with his bunny smile and kissed him once more. When they broke away, he said, “I’m glad you loved it, hyung.”

Jimin smiled, his eyes forming into crescents as he did. He pulled the younger into a hug. He inhaled Jungkook’s scent that he’d grown to love so much. They stayed like that for awhile, completely lost in each other’s presence that even the silence was comfortable. After a few moments, they pulled away and stared at each other’s eyes. And this time, Jungkook finally uttered the words that Jimin wanted to hear from the very beginning.

“I love you, Park Jimin.”

“I love you too, Jeon Jungkook.”

 


(A/N): Lalalalala~ Chapter 5 everybody!!! Sorry for updating part two late. I had exams this week and I had to study hard. So sorry! I also apologize if it has a few mistakes... I'll edit it later on when I have the time. I'll try to update as fast as I can these next few days despite being busy. If I can't update, it means I couldn't due to exams. I hope you understand. Oh, and thank you also for the subscribers! Saranghae! Bangtan hwaiting~