Operation: Get Jimin Back

I Need You Back

Jungkook roamed through the whole dorm, but to his dismay, he can’t find Jimin. “Tsk, where did he go?” he muttered, quite irritated. “I can’t find him, it’s like he just disappeared.” He hoped that he could find his hyung so that they can solve the matter and finally make up. He went back to his room, but he found nobody. Sighing, he made his way to the living room and found Namjoon and Hoseok talking about writing lyrics and stuff.

“Hyungs,” he started, making the older ones look at their maknae. “Have you seen Jimin hyung? I can’t find him.” The two looked at each other and shrugged. “We haven’t seen him, but I think he mentioned going to the park or something like that,” Namjoon answered, unsure.

With that, Jungkook just nodded and went back to his shared room with Jimin. He put on a white tee and jeans in a rush and hurriedly styled his dark brown hair in front of the mirror. For a moment, he stared at himself before his lips formed a smile. There, I look presentable enough, he thought. He grabbed his phone and rushed towards the front door, only to be halted by Yoongi’s voice behind him.

“Yah! Where are you going, Kookie?” he asked, tilting his head slightly to the left. Jungkook bit his lip before he answered, “Um…to the park.”

The older raised an eyebrow. “Why on earth would y-” Yoongi suddenly stopped mid-sentence. His face seemed to say that he remembered something quite important. Then, he suddenly smirked. “You’re going to see Jimin, aren’t you.” It sounded more of a statement than a question, but the blush on Jungkook’s face was enough to make the elder chuckle.

Suddenly, Yoongi clasped his shoulder, giving it a squeeze. The gesture seemed strange to Jungkook, but somehow, it felt reassuring. He looked at his hyung and returned a smile of his own before opening the door. Before he could close it, he heard Yoongi say, “Go get him, Kookie.”

The moment the door closed, Jungkook speed walked towards the park and searched for his hyung. It didn’t take him long before he spotted Jimin’s brown hair. The older male was sitting on a park bench under a cherry blossom tree. Jungkook jogged towards the said male only to realize that Jimin wasn’t alone. Beside him was a guy Jungkook swore he saw before. He stopped a few paces away and sat at a bench directly behind Jimin. Good thing that there was a tree that separated them, which allowed Jungkook to eavesdrop whenever he wants.

“So, how was your day?” the other male asked Jimin in a disgustingly sweet voice. Jimin giggled and said how fine it was. Jungkook glanced at the two and saw how close they were. So close that a gust of wind might be strong enough to push them towards each other. The other male, who was undeniably handsome, had his arm slung around Jimin’s shoulders. If looks could kill, the way the maknae’s been looking to that guy would be enough to send him to the depths of hell. The two seemed to be enjoying each other’s company that they’re practically oblivious of a fuming boy at the other side of the tree. Who does he think he is? Touching his hyung like that. He has no right! Absolutely none! The maknae couldn’t grasp why he was so angry, but he was too frustrated to bother why he was in the first place. It’s not like he liked his hyung, or did he?

His thoughts dissipated when he heard Jimin’s laugh. “Oh, stop it, Jackson,” he giggled, playfully slapping ‘Jackson’s’ chest. Obviously this Jackson guy said a cheesy joke and made Jimin all shy about it. Just when Jungkook saw Jackson’s face inching closer towards Jimin’s, he decided to make a bold move. He went in front of them and said in an overly-cheery voice, “Hi, hyung~!”

Jimin and the Jackson guy immediately backed away and stared at a grinning Jungkook. The maknae acted as if he didn’t even see anything. Jimin suddenly stuttered, “J-Jungkook?! What are you doing here?” His face was blushing from embarrassment. The younger still had that grin on his face when he answered, “Oh, nothing. I was just thinking of walking at the park to relax a bit, then I bumped into you and…” He trailed off, acting as if he doesn’t know who the other guy was.

“Jackson Wang, from Got7,” the other guy said as he stood up and shook Jungkook’s hand. Jungkook flashed him a smile that looked so real no one would imagine it as fake.  That is why he felt that the face was so familiar, he was from another K-Pop group called Got7. Nevertheless, deep inside, Jungkook wanted to beat the living out of him. “Nice to meet you, Jackson. I’m Jeon Jungkook,” the maknae replied politely.

Jimin stood up and beamed at them, oblivious to the fact that his dongsaeng was acting. “Well, now that you’ve met, wanna come with us, Jungkook? We’re gonna eat cotton candy,” Jimin said with pure excitement. Jungkook had to restrain himself from rolling his eyes and settled for a smile. “Thanks, hyung, but I have some things to do,” he said.

“Aw, that’s too bad, ain’t that right, Minnie?” Jackson said as he wrapped his arm around Jimin’s waist. It took Jungkook all of his might not to punch the older guy. Meanwhile, Jimin pouted and nodded, agreeing to what Jackson said. “Guess I’ll see you later, Jungkook,” Jimin said as he smiled.

Jungkook returned it sincerely. “Yeah, I’ll see you around, hyung. Oh, by the way,” he managed to say before the pair walked away. “Are you two dating or something?”

There was an awkward silence between the three of them. Jimin looked down, taking interest at his own shoes while Jackson just stares at different directions except Jungkook. Sensing that the two won’t and would never admit, Jungkook pretended to laugh nervously. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to pry. It’s just that you’re too…close,” he said.

Jimin gave him a tight smile, but his eyes told him to get lost. Jungkook was hurt but, of course, played it coolly. “Well, have fun on your date.” Jungkook forced a smirked, making Jimin glare at him, blushing madly. With that said, Jungkook turns to his heel and took long strides towards the dorm. He didn’t look back, he couldn’t. He tried to contain himself, resolving not to break down until he gets into his room. But all of that failed as he reached the dorm’s front door. He got on his knees as tears started to fall uncontrollably down his face.

“Why, hyung, Why?!” he cried loudly as he continuously banged the door. Eventually, it opened revealing an annoyed Yoongi, but when he saw the maknae crying all over the floor, his expression immediately changed into shock and bewilderment. He knelt in front of the younger and straightened him, making Jungkook look in his eyes. “Kookie-ah, what happened?”

Unfortunately, Jungkook was in so much pain that he couldn’t speak at all. So, Yoongi decided to assist his dongsaeng into the living room where the other members were waiting. Jin immediately rushed to Jungkook’s side, Namjoon following him. When Jungkook was seated on the couch, Jin and Yoongi sat beside him, while Namjoon was in front of him. Taehyung and Hoseok were standing nearby, looking really confused at the crying mess in front of them. “Jungkook,” Namjoon said softly. “What happened out there?”

They waited for the youngest’ sobs to gradually subside until he can speak. “J-Jiminnie hyung,” he choked out. “He’s…he’s with s-someone…a guy.” Taehyung and Hoseok’s mouths hung wide open out of shock, Jin’s eyes widened, Namjoon just shook his head, and Yoongi’s brows knit together. “Who is this guy?” Taehyung asked.

“H-he said his n-name was Jackson Wang, y-you know, from Got7,” Jungkook sobbed. Jin rubbed circles at his dongsaeng’s back, comforting him from the pain he’s going through. “I s-saw them…at the park,” Jungkook continued, desperately trying to hold back another wave of tears. “Th-they were too close, hyung…too close…a-and they almost…” The maknae bit his lip, a fresh set of tears ran down his cheeks. “Almost what?” Hoseok asked.

The images of Jackson almost kissing Jimin flashed before his eyes, and he just couldn’t take it anymore. “THEY ALMOST KISSED!” Jungkook yelled. “THEY ALMOST ING KISSED, AND WHAT’S WORSE IS THAT I SAW IT RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY EYES!” Jin pulled Jungkook for a hug, soothing him with his words. “Kookie, it’s okay. Let it all out now,” he said as he the younger’s hair. Jungkook cried on Jin’s chest like there’s no tomorrow. He clutched his hyung’s shirt as he let the tears flow, staining Jin’s shirt at the process.

“I can’t believe he would hide something from us,” Yoongi scowled. “He never even said a single word about that, what was his name? Jason? Jasper? Ja-whoever he is. I mean, he should have told us! We’re a team, damn it! I swear I’m gonna beat the living out of him,” The venom in his voice was evident. He hated the fact that Jimin hid something very important from all of them. “Now, Yoongi, let’s not be violent,” Jin scolded. “Kookie, let’s get you to bed.”

Jin held on to his crying dongsaeng as they entered his room. The eomma hyung tucked him in his bed and gave him a small smile. “Don’t worry, Jungkook. We’ll think of something. Now, sleep,” he softly said to the younger. Jungkook, being tired from crying, slowly closed his eyes as he let himself be taken to dreamland, hoping to forget the events that happened that day. “Good night, Kookie,” Jin whispered as the maknae drifted to sleep.

He placed the blanket on Jungkook’s body, and tiptoed towards the door. He took one last glance at the sleeping figure before walking out of the room, closing the door softly behind him. He went back to the living room and noticed that Jimin’s not home yet. “How is he?” Namjoon asked.

“He’s sleeping now,” Jin said. They sighed with relief, but still wore troubled faces. The news was a complete shock to everyone, especially to Jungkook. Everyone knew how the maknae felt for Jimin. They knew that he craved for his hyung’s attention. They knew that he wanted to be with his hyung more than anything right now. Jungkook was already determined and willing to chase Jimin, but all of that was shattered because of what he saw.

“The poor boy almost cried his eyes out,” Hoseok remarked sadly. “I haven’t seen him like this before.” He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed in exasperation. Taehyung sulked in a chair. He didn’t like his fellow members to fight, but he had to admit, when Jimin kept the matter from them, he couldn’t help but grunt. “What do we do then?” he asked.

“Well, obviously, we have to break them up,” Yoongi said nonchalantly. The others glanced at each other, unsure if they should do it, until Jin spoke. “It's pretty rude, guys,” he said. "But my suggestion would be that we must make Jimin fall for Kookie again, without any violence or anything." He looked at Yoongi pointedly, earning a huff from the younger. Hoseok, and Taehyung looked at each other, quite disappointed by the fact that Jin didn't agree on the first suggestion, yet happy at the same time because of his own suggestion.

Namjoon looked at him and smiled proudly. “Alright, guys, it’s settled,” the leader said. “We’ll make sure that Jungkook will win Jimin’s heart once again. I know Jackson, and I've got the perfect plan. We all have to work together for this plan to succeed, got it?” The others agreed. The hyungs knew the risks on what they’re about to do, but if it means that Jungkook will find happiness, as well as Jimin, they’ll do anything just to make that happen. Simply put, they want Jimin for their Kookie.

The boys formed a circle and stretched out their hands in the middle, placing them on top of each other. “For Jungkook, for Jimin, and for Bangtan,” Namjoon said, looking at the others. They nodded their heads and all of them shouted:

“BANGTAN FIGHTING!”

 


(A/N): Here you go, guys. The third chapter with a bit of angst in it. Sorry if it's not quite good, I kind of rushed it a bit, not to mention I was a but sleepy and tired when I typed this but, oh well. I hope that you still like it. I apologize as well because it didm't turn out to be a Jikook chapter due to change of plans, but do anticipate it on the next chapter. Promise. By the way, no hate intended for Jackson. I love him and Got7, I just needed a character and he just came out of my mind. Hehe, the hyungs are planning something really big, I wonder how will they separate the two? So, I hope you still love it. Saranghae! Hwaiting! (^o^)