A Noticeable Change

I Need You Back

It was 6:00 am in the morning when the alarm went off. Jungkook stirred in his sleep and put a pillow over his head. Stupid alarm clock, he thought. Thankfully, someone turned it off and Jungkook sighed in relief. But that relief was short-lived because Taehyung started to shake him violently. “Jungkookie! Wake up~!” he said in a cheery tone. Jungkook groaned in annoyance and ignored him. Taehyung frowned and walked directly to Yoongi. “Hyung, do something,” he pleaded.

Yoongi rolled his eyes and went over to sleeping Jungkook. “Yah! Sleeping beauty, get up,” he said as he knelt down beside Jungkook. The maknae didn’t even budge. Yoongi sighed and grabbed the pillow from Jungkook’s head. The younger threw his hands over his face and said, “Hyung, let me sleep.” Yoongi shook his head disapprovingly and said, “Jungkook-ah, as much as I love to sleep like you, we need to practice, it’s not our day off.”

Jungkook just huffed and turned his back on his hyung, completely ignoring him. “Unbelievable,” Yoongi scoffed. “Now this is how you disrespect a hyung. Huh, kids these days.” He went outside to find someone who can really wake the maknae. He found the one he’s looking for in the other bedroom.

“Yah, Jimin!” he called out. Jimin’s head shot up to his direction and smiled. “Oh, hyung! Good morning. What is it?” he asked. Yoongi flopped down to the chair across him and sighed, “Go and wake up our maknae.”

Jimin smiled and nodded his head. He’s used to this routine: someone tries to wake Jungkook up, but he won’t so they’d call for him. I wonder why he won’t wake up if others will do it, Jimin thought. He reached the room where the sleeping maknae is in and knelt down beside him. He cleared his throat and shouted near the younger’s ear, “Yah, Jeon Jungkook! Rise and shine! We have lots of practices to do!”

Upon hearing Jimin’s voice, Jungkook shot straight up and looked at him. “Good morning, Jungkook,” Jimin smiled. The maknae smiled sleepily in return and rubbed his eyes. “Good morning, Jimin,” he yawned. Suddenly, Jimin elbowed him, but not too hard. The younger gave him a puzzled look. Jimin rolled his eyes.

“It’s hyung, Jeon Jungkook, not Jimin!” the older sighed in exasperation. “How many times do I have to tell a 19 year old until he remembers that he’s talking to his hyung?” Jungkook just stared at him and shrugged the matter off. Jimin gave him a glare. 

Aish! This kid… Jimin stood up and walked towards the door. Meanwhile, Jungkook felt a bit disappointed and hurt. “He didn’t jump on me today, again,” he muttered to himself.

He was anticipating Jimin to do the fangirling stuff that he normally did like before, but it didn’t happen. Instead, he got irritated and walked away. He’s been like this for months now, and Jungkook couldn’t help but notice.

He rose up and made his way towards the kitchen. He saw Seokjin, who prefers to be called Jin, cooking up food for them. “Good morning, hyung,” he greeted as he sat by the counter. Jin looked at him and smiled before returning back to his work. “Good morning, Jungkookie. How’s the morning alarm?” he asked casually.

Jungkook thought for a moment before answering, “Fine.” Even though Jungkook couldn’t see it, Jin raised his eyebrow. The older knew that something's off in the maknae's voice. “What do you mean ‘fine’?” he asked, clearly confused. Jungkook sighed and shook his head. “Nothing, it’s nothing,” he muttered. Jin let the subject drop for now, but he’s really sure that something’s wrong with their maknae.

In a few moments, he started preparing the table, with Jungkook helping him. When they’re done, he shouted through hallway, “Breakfast is ready!” As he made his way towards his chair, a loud shuffling of footsteps can be heard from the hallway.

First to come is Taehyung and Hoseok. They were running towards the table and almost slipped three times in doing so. Next was Namjoon, who was just walking casually and gave the two a warm smile. Last ones were Jimin and Yoongi. They were laughing so hard, probably they’re talking about something very funny.

When Jungkook saw this, he felt some weird emotion inside him. What is this? Anger? Sadness? Bitterness? He couldn’t tell, and he doesn’t want to linger on it. Jimin, Yoongi, and Taehyung sat on Jin’s right side, while Jungkook, Namjoon, and Hoseok was on his left. Jungkook couldn’t look at Yoongi and Jimin, who are giggling uncontrollably and seem to be enjoying each other’s company. Namjoon noticed this and nudged Jungkook’s side.

“Jealous?” he whispered to the maknae’s ear. Jungkook tensed up a bit, but tried to brush it off by saying, “No, why would I be?” But his eyes were betraying him. Namjoon just chuckled and shook his head. “Whatever, man,” he smirked. “Way too obvious.”

The youngest blushed furiously and kept his head down. Unfortunately, Jin noticed this as well, but he decided not to tease Jungkook about it. Instead, he scolded the other two on his right side, who were still laughing like crazy. “Yah! Are you gonna eat or what?” he asked the two of them.

The two immediately ate their food, but they’re still giggling at some point. Jin turned to Jungkook and he saw that the maknae was eating slowly and had a blank expression. Whatever Jungkook’s problem is, it has something to do with Jimin. It has to be Jimin. He quietly observed the younger. And sadly, he was right.

 

 


(A/N): Aaaaaand chapter 1 is done...sorry if it's quite short, I tried my best... (T^T) I hope that it wasn't that bad since...like I told you...I'm new to this. Please do leave comments if you like. I'll try to update as soon as I can...I hope tomorrow I could. So I guess this is all for now, thank you for reading! Saranghae!