The Unexpected Surprise (pt. 1)

I Need You Back

It’s been a week since the so-called incident, and everyone was worried. They already got the truth out from Jimin. He said that Jackson was just a close friend, but the members won’t believe that they’re just friends. This made Jimin really pissed at Jungkook for mentioning about him and Jackson, which made Jungkook even more miserable. To make matters worse, Jimin was avoiding Jungkook as much as possible, while Jungkook wouldn’t talk much and just sulks in a corner, preferably his room. Even Jimin won’t go inside his shared room with Jungkook and rather sleep on the couch in the living room.

Today was Jimin’s birthday, but the tension was too thick that he had forgotten all about it. “Just when do you plan to make up?” Yoongi suddenly said while all of them were in the living room.

All members had their eyes on Jungkook and Jimin. The two didn’t answer and, as Jin predicted, wasn’t planning to answer the question at all. All of a sudden, Yoongi slammed the table with his hand, making everybody jump. “What the is wrong with the two of you?! Don’t you know that your actions are affecting Bangtan? It affected all of us! If you’re too stubborn and won’t ing make up by tomorrow, I will personally tell PD-nim that I quit!” he yelled and stomped off to his room, slamming the door loudly.

Everyone, especially the two, were shocked at Yoongi’s behavior. Jin was the first to recover. “Guys, Yoongi has a point. I mean, what’s the use of being a team when you two are like that? We can’t have proper teamwork when you two are being so stubborn,” he said, rubbing his temples. “I’m going to check on Yoongi, please just make up, both of you.” He stood up and went to Yoongi’s room.

“Guys, um, I don’t know how to say this but…you are acting like kids,” their leader concluded. “If only you tone down that pride a bit and listen to each other’s reasons, then you might be able to forgive each other.” He gave a loud sigh and walked towards the front door.

“Where are you going, hyung?” Jimin asked. The older turned his head and answered, “Just gonna get some fresh air.” With that said, he walked out of the door, closing it softly behind him. Hoseok just gave them a nod and went off to his room, Taehyung following him closely. “Guys, please make up, we miss both of you. And I mean the real you,” Taehyung said before he disappeared down the hallway.

The two were left in complete silence. Both were still holding their tongue, too stubborn to speak. After what seemed forever, Jimin finally sighed and looked at his dongsaeng. Jungkook met his gaze and the two stared for about a minute. The maknae cleared his throat and croaked out, “I’m sorry, hyung.”

Jimin’s hard gaze softened as he saw the sincerity in the younger’s eyes. He moved closer and wrapped his arms around the maknae. He doesn’t know why he’s doing it, but he felt that it was right. The sudden action made Jungkook’s heart skip a beat, and the tears began to make their way out of Jungkook’s eyes. He clung to his hyung, buried his head on his hyung’s chest, and let out all the pent up frustration and pain that he suppressed inside. Even Jimin was overwhelmed by the surge of emotions that the younger was holding back. They sat there for a few minutes before Jimin found his voice once again. “Hey,” he said as he tilted Jungkook’s head up to face him. Their eyes met and an unknown emotion can be found in both boys’ eyes.

“You don’t have to apologize,” Jimin admitted. “I’m the one who should say sorry since it’s really my fault. I had no right to get angry because I hid the truth from all of you. I swear I’m not dating Jackson hyung, but I am quite attracted to him.” He gave the maknae an apologetic smile, which the younger returned with his own.

“Hyung, I…you see…,” Jungkook stammered, making his hyung smile in adoration. He’s so cute, Jimin thought. “I also have to apologize because…I was eavesdropping on the two of you at the park.”

Jimin stared at the younger, wide-eyed with disbelief. But the older immediately brushed it off as if it’s nothing. “It’s okay, Jungkook-ah,” he said with a smile. The maknae was disappointed that Jimin didn’t call him Kookie, but it’s progress.

“So, we’re okay now?” Jungkook asked. Jimin grinned and nodded, making the younger squeal with delight, only to cover his face afterwards. “Jungkook-ah?” Jimin furrowed his eyebrows because of the maknae’s actions. “Hey, what happened? Are you okay? Don’t cover your face.”

Jungkook peeked through his fingers and saw Jimin’s concerned face. He slowly removed his hands and revealed his blushing cheeks. Jimin looked at them and chuckled softly. “Aw, why are you blushing?” he teased the younger, making him blush even more.

“Yah! Stop it, Jiminnie hyung!” he pouted. Jimin immediately stopped teasing him and tenderly held both of his dongsaeng’s hands. Jungkook looked at their hands, and then at Jimin’s eyes. Without even knowing it, Jungkook started to lean in. But before anything happened, they were startled by the opening of the front door. Namjoon’s voice boomed from the entrance. “If you’re looking for him, he's right here,” he said, pointing at Jimin, who was too shocked to move.

Then, a familiar face were now standing before them. It was Jackson. The last person in this world that Jungkook wanted to see. The older boy looked at them and widened his eyes. The two immediately pulled away from each other, blushing as they did. What they didn’t expect was Jackson laughing at them. “Oh, finally! You two made up,” he grinned.

“Uh…yeah,” was all Jimin managed to say. He was looking down on his hands, while Jungkook was staring at the floor. The awkwardness was evident between them, and Jackson again burst out laughing. “Yah! What’s so funny?” Jimin asked, quite offended by the older. Jackson just shook his head and took deep breaths to recover.

“Mianhae, it’s just that you two looked so cute, and I just can’t help but laugh,” he said with an apologetic smile. Even Jungkook couldn’t get mad at him, and just shrugged off the matter. “It’s okay, hyung,” he said with a smile, not a fake one though.

“Thanks, Jungkook,” the rapper said. “Anyways, Jimin, can I talk to you for awhile? I promise it won’t be long.” Jimin agreed and stood up. But before he left, he told his dongsaeng, “Yah, Jungkook-ah, I’ll be right back.”

The younger just nodded and waved in acknowledgement before turning back into his own thoughts. I wonder what Jackson hyung wants, he thought. He doesn’t seem to get as jealous as the week before, but still, he’s jealous. “Guess I just have to wait for them here,” he eventually sighed and opened the television.

Meanwhile, Jackson and Jimin were walking down the park. Both were quiet from the very beginning, not daring to utter a single word. When they reached the part where there are only few people, Jimin spoke up his thoughts, “Jackson hyung, what is it that you want to talk about?”

The older immediately stopped his tracks and looked at Jimin. He took a deep breath and said, “Jeongmal mianhae.” Jimin looked at him in a confused manner. Why would hyung say sorry? he thought. Yet, he only managed to voice out, “Wae?”

Jackson scratched the back of his head. He clearly knew something and was afraid to tell Jimin, but he also knew that if he won’t tell, it would cause a very big problem. He mustered up his courage and finally said, “We have to stop this act.”

Jimin was even more confused. “Eh? What act?” he questioned, not really understanding what Jackson said. The older looked at him with a serious expression. “I meant us, Jimin. I don’t want to hurt Jungkook even further. I know why you cling to me, and it hurts me because you’re using me just to make Jungkook jealous. It hurts me even more when I figured out that he cried.”

“H-he cried?” Jimin stuttered, disbelief evident in his voice. Jackson confirmed it. He saw the conversation that the older had with Namjoon just hours ago.

Jimin’s hands trembled as he gave back the older’s phone. “So, now you knew everything,” he said. Jackson nodded and clasped his shoulders. “Jimin, tell me honestly,” Jackson said making the younger look up at his face. “Do you love Jeon Jungkook?”

The shorter was startled by this question and had his mouth hanging open. “Yah, answer me,” Jackson said, quite irritated because it was taking too long. Jimin looked down and shed a few tears before answering. “Yes,” he whispered. “I love him…I love him so much. I’m sorry that I used you just to make him jealous. Mianhae…”

Jackson pulled him into a hug. “Don’t cry, it’s okay. I understand why you had to do it. Besides, I’d even do it if someone that I love is also pushing me away,” he said, trying to make the younger feel better. Fortunately, Jimin did and smiled as he pulled away.

“It’s nice working with you, Jimin,” Jackson grinned. “Let’s hang out sometimes. Oh, and bring Jungkookie with you.” Then, he started to walk away, opposite from the direction they came from. “Yah! Where are you going, hyung?” Jimin called out.

“Seeing a friend!” Jackson shouted back with a smile. “We’re having a date!” Jimin chuckled at his hyung. He’s so funny. “Well, don’t mess up!” Jimin yelled. “Good luck!”

Jackson waved his hand to let Jimin know that he heard him. As Jackson’s figure disappeared, Jimin’s phone rang. He looked and saw it was Jin. He answered the call and Jin’s voice boomed out from the phone. “Park Jimin, get back here!” he yelled excitedly through the phone.

“Wae?” Jimin asked. “Because we just wanted to,” Taehyung’s voice joked from afar. Damn, why’d they put me on loud speaker? Jimin spoke again since everyone can hear, “But it’s still too early. Besides, I have to go somewhere.” He heard a grunt from the other end and a bit of shuffling. Then, silence. Jimin was confused. “Um, hyung? Are you there?” he called out, but nobody was speaking until…

“GET YOUR SORRY BACK HERE, PARK JIMIN, OR I SWEAR I’M GONNA GO THERE AND DRAG YOU HERE MYSELF!” Yoongi’s voice shouted. Jimin had to distance the phone away for fear that his eardrums will be broken.

“Okay, okay, calm down,” he answered. “I’m coming home.” Then, he ended the call. Geez, they’re so weird today, he thought. He jogged on the way home only to find Taehyung outside the house, grinning like an idiot. “What are you doing outside?” he asked as he reached the younger.

“What do you think? I’m waiting for you of course,” Taehyung rolled his eyes and went inside, followed by Jimin. As he entered the house, he was surprised that it was quiet, too quiet. “So what’re you guys doing?” he asked, looking at Taehyung, who was walking towards the practice room.

“It’s a surprise, pabo,” he chuckled. “Wait here, I’ll call you when we’re ready.” Then, he went inside the practice room, leaving Jimin standing at the hallway. A few minutes had passed and Taehyung still hasn’t called him yet. Sighing, Jimin went to his shared room with Jungkook. When he entered, he was surprised to find the maknae there. “Jungkook-ah, what’re you doing here?”

Upon hearing his hyung’s voice, he sat up and shot him an I’ve-been-waiting-for-you look. He’s really getting quite irritated now since he wanted his hyung to call him Kookie so bad, but he decided not to bring it up. “Where have you been hyung?” Jungkook asked, despite the fact that he knows where his hyung went. Jimin rolled his eyes, but answered, “At the park with Jackson.”

Jungkook looked around and even peeked through the door. “What’re you doing?” Jimin asked once more. “I’m trying to see if he’s still around,” answered the younger.

Jimin chuckled and pulled Jungkook away from the door, closing it softly. Jungkook blushed from the sudden touch, but he didn’t shy away. The only thing that he wanted to know was that if Jackson hyung was still there. “He left already,” Jimin said, answering his unspoken question. Jungkook just nodded his head and the room fell silent once more. It wasn’t uncomfortable, in fact, it was soothing. The mere presence of Jimin being there was enough for Jungkook, and Jimin would say the same about the maknae.

They were looking at each other, memorizing each other’s features. Never in their lives have they felt such strong connection between them. Jungkook was mesmerized by his favorite hyung. His brown hair was really soft, serving as his crowning glory. His eyes that forms into crescents when he smiles was definitely one of his strongest charms. That nose which he wanted to nuzzle with his. That flawless skin that everyone would want to have. That smile, which makes everyone fall in love with him at first sight. His laugh, which sounded like a laugh of an angel. And finally, the one he fell in love with the most, his kind heart. The heart who would put others before himself. The heart who would take the pain no matter how big it is. The heart that would never show that it's suffering so much pain. And right now, all Jungkook needs is to bring back his hyung’s love for him. That’s what he wanted, but he knew that he must wait for his hyung to open up his heart once more.

“No matter how long it will be, I will wait for you until you open your heart once again for me,” Jungkook whispered. He normally wouldn’t voice out his thoughts and feelings, but he wanted to do it this time for Jimin. The older knew this, but he didn’t want the boy to stop. Then, what he said next took Jimin’s breath away.

“I will do anything for you, and I will do everything for you because…,” he paused and locked his eyes with Jimin. “I need you back.” Jimin couldn’t respond, he couldn’t say anything. He wanted to laugh or cry or shout, but he can’t. It’s like he’s stuck in a beautiful paradise that he never wanted to leave. Jimin felt his heart racing, his face was starting to become warm. Jungkook chuckled and caressed Jimin’s face with his hand. “You’re so cute,” he whispered.

Jimin’s face went from normal to several shades of red. He knew that he shouldn’t do this because he’s thinking that he might get broken again, but as he looked in the younger’s eyes, he can see the longing in it. And that moment he realized, that he longed for him too. “Hyung?” Jungkook nudged him. “You’re spacing out.”

A smile slowly spread on Jimin’s face until it became a cute grin. “Jungkook,” he whispered, holding the boy’s head between his hands. “I mean…Kookie.”

The moment Jungkook heard it, he jumped, literally. He ran around the room shouting, “Finally! Finally, hyung called me Kookie! Yes!” Jimin chuckled and calmed him down. “Hey, Kookie, calm down, you’re making quite a racket,” he smiled. Jungkook spun around and pulled Jimin into a bone-crushing hug. Jimin didn’t mind and hugged the younger male back. Jungkook placed his head on the crook of Jimin’s neck.

“I’ve been waiting for this day, hyung,” he whispered. “I thought it would never come. I thought I’d never be able to hug you this tight again, to see you smile at me in a special way…and I thought you’d never call me Kookie anymore.” Jungkook was just too happy that he had to tell those things. He never really imagined his life without Jimin. It’s like a part of him will be missing for eternity if Jimin wasn’t there. He started shaking, tears threatening to escape from his eyes. Jimin noticed this and hugged him tighter, rubbing circles on his back, whispering words of comfort. They stayed like that for awhile. They never wanted to let go. Then, they looked in each other’s eyes once more, their faces only two inches apart. But before they could even move, Taehyung barged in the room without even knocking.

“Hey, Jiminnie, we-,” then he was glued on the spot. Jungkook and Jimin was also too shocked to move. The pair mentally slapped themselves for being caught in awkward situations such as this. Unfortunately, Taehyung recovered quickly and unexpectedly took a picture of them, running away afterwards while shouting, “JIKOOK IS REAL!!!”

Both boys realized what Taehyung had done and chased him. But Taehyung was fast and he entered the practice room once more. Jimin slowed down, panting due to running around. “J-Jungkookie,” he breathed. “Get Taehyung.”

The maknae nodded and went in the practice room as well. Jimin leaned against the wall to catch his breath. It surely is tiring when it comes to Taehyung, he thought. He patiently waited for Jungkook, but the maknae didn’t emerge from the practice room anymore. “Aish, what the hell is wrong with everybody?” Jimin complained.

He opened the door and headed inside, oblivious for the surprise the members had prepared for him.

 


(A/N): And that's chapter 4! Okay, today is a very special day because....it's Chim Chim's birthday!!! Yes, and this is just part one... the celebration would take place on the next chapter. Sorry if it has some mistakes because I kinda rushed it, but don't worry, I'll edit that later. And sorry for the timeskip and for ending jackmin early. It's just that I can't bear hurting Kookie for now. And besides, it's Chim Chim's birthday so let's take a break from the crying shall we? So I gotta run, now...I'm getiing late. Hahaha! See you! Saranghae! Bangtan Fighting!