Just Spill It

I Need You Back

Jungkook was in the bedroom listening to some music. He was so engrossed with the lyrics of I Need U, their song, that he didn’t even notice Jin entering the room. The older just stood there by the door, patiently waiting for the maknae to turn his head. Unfortunately, the younger was too busy listening that he didn’t have a care in the world at the moment.

Realizing that his dongsaeng would never feel his presence, he grabbed a pillow from a nearby bed and threw it square at Jungkook’s face. Of course, Jungkook was shocked as hell, but he immediately regained his composure and gave his hyung a death glare. “What the hell was that for, hyung?” he complained. Jin chuckled and sat on the opposite bed, Jimin’s bed, facing him. “You weren’t paying any attention to your surroundings, pabo. I’ve been standing there at the doorway for about 5 minutes and you’re still too absorbed in your music, that’s why I had to get your attention,” he explained as if nothing happened.

“But do you really have to throw a pillow at me?” the younger huffed. His hyung gave him a look. “Why? Do you prefer if I threw the chair?” the older offered. The maknae glared at him once more and set his gaze on the phone on his bed. An uncomfortable silence loomed inside the room, well, uncomfortable for Jungkook. The silence seemed to last forever until Jin finally decided to break it. “Jungkook, I’ve been noticing something,” he said.

“Like what?” Jungkook asked, sitting up. Jin tapped his chin with his index finger and replied, “You seem upset lately, like something’s bothering you.” Jungkook’s eyes widened for a second, but came back to its normal size just as fast, yet Jin still noticed. “It’s nothing, hyung. Nothing to worry about,” he shrugged.

Jin raised an eyebrow in disbelief. “Are you sure?” he asked, trying to break down the wall that the maknae built around himself. Jungkook just nodded in response. “Is there something that you want to talk about?” Jin tried again, but the only response he got was a shake of the head from the younger. Yet, Jin can clearly see the nervousness, anxiety, and sadness written all over Jungkook’s face.

Aish! This kid is being so difficult even if it’s too obvious, Jin thought. He had one last card to play, and he surely hoped that it will work. “Is this about Jimin?” There, he finally asked the question he wanted to ask the maknae since this morning.

Jungkook looked at Jin with a shocked expression. Bingo, Jin thought. “What are you talking about?” the younger asked, trying to feign innocence. Jin rolled his eyes, “I know that tactic, Jeon Jungkook, but it’s not gonna work on me. Now spill before I force it out of you.”

Jungkook was taken aback by his hyung’s words. Jin has a sweet and calm personality. He does not normally threaten a person and usually tries to solve things in a logical and peaceful way, not through violence, unless he is somewhat pissed. And by the looks of it, he is right now.

Jungkook cleared his throat before responding. “Hyung, you remember those times when Jimin hyung is really clingy towards me?” the younger asked. Jin nodded and gestured for him to continue. “Well, I…I haven’t seen that side of him lately and…um…I kinda…you know…miss it,” he stammered, whispering the last part. He felt his face growing warm and he covered it with his hands. He was waiting for his hyung to laugh at him, but it never came. He slowly peeked at his hyung, who was giving him a smile.

“Finally, you realized,” the older one said. Jungkook gave him a questioning look. “What do you mean, hyung?” he asked.

“For years, Jimin has been after you, and you always rejected him. Think about it, wouldn’t someone grow tired if they are always being rejected by the person that they want to spend their time with most?” Jin looked at Jungkook, who now realized what he had done. “And if the rejected person grew tired,” Jin continued. “Then, he will look for attention from someone else, someone who gives them value, someone who wouldn’t push them away, and someone who will never reject them.”

Those words from Jin’s mouth was like a slap on Jungkook’s face. He didn’t mean to do that to Jimin, he just never imagined Jimin would get over him after all these years. “So, you mean, he grew tired of me?” Jungkook asked in a horrified expression.

Jin shrugged, “I’m not saying that he did, Jungkookie, but it is a big possibility.” Jungkook sunk further in his bed, disbelief etched in his face. “But…but I don’t want him to…,” he admitted.

“You don’t want him to?” Jin questioned. The younger nodded in response. Jin followed up with another question, “Then why did you always reject him?” Jungkook looked at his hyung in a pained expression. “Hyung, I didn’t mean it. I just thought that he wouldn’t take it too personally,” he whispered. Jin nodded, considering his answer satisfactory.

“One last thing though,” Jin said. “Everybody wanted their hands on Jimin, yet he chose you. He wanted to cling to you, to be with you. Instead, you pushed him away, but now, you’re telling me that you miss the clingy Jimin. If you wanted Jimin’s attention then why did you reject him in the first place?”

Jungkook didn’t respond right away, for fear of being laughed at. But I have to tell hyung the truth. He inhaled deeply and forced his eyes shut as he uttered the words, “Because I was afraid to tell him that I like his attention.”

Not like, pabo, it’s love, his brain seemed to say.

Jin raised his eyebrow. “There’s no need to be afraid of telling that to the person you crave attention. For all I know, Jimin would be really glad if you would tell that to him,” Jin stated matter-of-factly. Jungkook still looked unsure. “I don’t know, hyung. He might hate me right now because of all those years of rejection I gave him.” The older shook his head and walked over to Jungkook’s bed. He sat beside the maknae and clasped his shoulders firmly.

“Jungkook, we’ve known each other for some time now. I know each and every one of you like how a mother knows her children, and Jimin is not the type of person who holds grudges in his heart. He may mope over small mistakes, but that’s only in performances or practices. He never gets mad at a member when it’s unreasonable. He is a tender-hearted young man, Kookie, you should know that,” Jin reasoned. “If he got mad at you, surely he’ll never wake you up in the morning anymore, right?”

Jungkook weighed Jin’s words. Maybe hyung’s right, maybe I’m just overthinking all of these things. Man up, Kookie. “Hyung, I think you’re right. I should tell Jimin-hyung about how I really feel towards his affection. Maybe that will change his recent attitude towards me,” the maknae finally said. The eldest grinned and ruffled Jungkook’s hair. “Yah, hyung! You’re ruining my hair,” he whined.

“It’s already ruined ever since I came in here, pabo,” Jin snickered. Jungkook laughed as well and thanked his hyung. Suddenly, Hoseok burst into the room and sang Touch My Body. “What the hell, Hoseok?!” Jin exclaimed, but he was laughing hard. “Hyung~! Touch my body, hyung~!” Hoseok sang as he danced in front of Jin  

Then, Namjoon opened the door and saw Hoseok dancing in front of Jin. His eyes narrowed and his grip on the door handle tightened, but when he moved, the handle broke. Three pairs of eyes darted in his direction. “Yah! Namjoon, you broke another door for the third time this week!” Jin scolded, shaking his head.

Namjoon scratched his head in embarrassment and sighed, “Sorry, hyung. Don’t worry, I’ll fix it.” Jin stood up and took the broken handle from Namjoon’s hand. “Oh no you don’t! I’ll fix it, or else you might end up breaking the whole thing trying to “fix” it,” Jin said, walking out the door.

Hoseok and Jungkook burst out laughing. “Oh, Namjoon, you looked so jealous awhile ago!” Hoseok exclaimed and imitated Namjoon's expression. "You noticed?!" the leader asked, evidently shocked that it was too obvious.

"Well, duh, it was written all over your face, you idiot," Hoseok said, rolling his eyes. Namjoon's eyes widened, but then he suddenly smirked at Hoseok. “This means war, Hobi!” Namjoon said as he launched himself on Hoseok.

Jungkook watched the two wrestle inside the room and smiled. He chuckled when Namjoon pinned Hoseok down and started counting. Suddenly, his thoughts drifted on Jin hyung’s words. Jimin is not the type of person who holds grudges in his heart...He is a tender-hearted young man, Kookie, you should know that. Yeah, he knows that.

The maknae grinned, he knows exactly what to do now. He stood up and made his way outside the bedroom, leaving his two hyungs struggling. “Hey, Kookie! Help me out!” Hoseok shouted after the maknae, but Jungkook just told him a simple good luck. "And please try not to break anything, leader-nim," he grinned. Before Namjoon could respond, Jungkook shut the door behind him. He had a more important agenda today than stop the wrestling match of his hyungs. He needs to find Jimin, apologize for his past behavior, and ,hopefully, tell him the truth. 

 


(A/N): And there you have it. That's the end of chapter 2 everyone. Yes, I made it a bit longer than the first chapter because I felt that the first one was too short. Sorry if there are any typos or wrong grammar. Finally, we can see the full conversation of Jin and Kookie. In the next chapter, we'll see a bit of Jikook! I'm excited to write the next cahpter, and hopefully I'll get done with it today or tomorrow. Thank you for reading chapter two guys! Saranghae! Namjoon getting jealous up there...hahahaha! And Hobi...well, being Hobi. (>.<)