Love's Quintessence 2

Love's Quintessence

"-Should I come in?" Youngjae asked cautiously after having knocked two times at the door whithout any answer.

"-'Course."  Jaebum answered, finally raising his head out of his hands. He was desperate in his intern mess of thoughts. 

"-You're alright?"

"-Nope" He sighed deeply.

"-What happened? I saw Mark left like a rocket!"

"-Nothing... Look, I--I don't wanna talk about it." JB stated, ashamed of his own lust urge.

Unfortunately, Youngjae wasn't exactly the type of man to let his closest friend suffer alone...

He kneeled down on the floor to see properly JB's face and slowly griped JB's arms, removing them from his face.

"-Tell me what happened with Bambam. "

The direct question unsettled JB as he didn't said anything that could have clued Youngjae in on the link between Mark's problem and what happened with Bambam.

"-He is...attractive." JB finally stated, revealing the most part of the "problem".

"-Oh" was his roomate's only answer as he was reconfiguring the scene that just happened with the new big piece of information.

"-I'm an , I know..."

"-No, you aren't. It's not your fault."

"-It ovbiously is, Youngjae."

"-Look, we all are exhausted from today and it can happen that sometimes you just do things mindlessly. Everyone has a heart that enables you to do stupid things. The problem is that Mark always take things too seriously. I'm sure he's thinking you two are a couple since years, right now."

"-Youngjae?"

"-Yes?"

"-Why are you so observant?" JB asked as he was totally stupefied by the rapidity his roomate had caught the whole situation.

A few seconds of silence filled the room.

"-Maybe...because I care more than you could think." With that he stood up quickly and headed to his cupboard, ignoring JB's interrogative look, praying that revealation wouldn't tint his big eyes when he would face them back. "We should go and bring the two babies back before something happen. You know, Bam is also outside looking for Mark..." 

He took one of his jacket and when he faced back his dear roomates, he felt reassured as he only saw worry plastered on his face.

"-You're right, let's go."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 It didn't take long to Bambam to find Mark. He knew the elder always goes to a peculiar place whenever he's sad. In front of the Han's river, the legs close to the water, Mark was sitting alone. No people around, only the chirping of some birds unwilling to sleep in the nearest trees were to be heard.

"-May I sit?" Bam asked, and at its sweet accent, and his beautiful voice, Mark didn't need to turn his head to know who it was. He only nodded, the gaze fixing the other side of the river.

"-Mark, what you just saw... it was nothing-" Bambam finally began before being cut..

"-You being kissed passionately by JB, is not exactly what I used to call 'nothing' "

"-Look, it's a big misunderstanding, JB and I are just friends."

"-How long have you been together?"

"-Yaah what did I just tell you ?! We're not together! We've never been! And we didn't hide anything from you, I promise!"

Mark faced Bambam for the first time, and a trail of tears could be seen along mark's milky cheek. 

"-Stop making promise you can't honour."

"-Omo, you're crying?!! Whyyy?"

"-Go away Bam, I wanna be alone."

"-I won't!" he almost yelled like a child, "I won't until you tell me why you are so sad!" 

Mark sighed deeply.

"-Mark, I'm telling you the truth, JB just jumped on me suddenly and we kissed barely 1 minute. It all was odd and improvised."

The elder looked away, he didn't want to hear the details of the thing actually. It was turning him jealous to a stand he barely could handle. Suddenly he felt arms coiling around his neck and a weight laid on his left shoulders.

"-I love you Mark. You being sad like that... It's driving me crazy."

The elder closed his eyes. He wanted so much these words to be meant in the way he needed. But what he saw a few hours before just confirmed his suspicions : Bambam had been hiding him things, and Bambam had been in love with someone, only this someone wasn't him but JB.

"-I love you too Bam, I love you too..." He murmured in the night, his right hand patting the younger's knot hands still coiled around his neck.

The fresh breeze tousled slightly their hair  and Mark could hume the younger's perfume. No wonder whenever he talked to Jackson about Bambam, the man would praise his hair's scent. It was actually the best scent he ever had perceived.

Suddenly a phone rang and Bambam had to slack the embrace to be able to pick up. He took a look at the screen and saw "JB <3" . He hesitated a second, after all he could ignore the call for the sake of Mark. But the thought of their hyungs being worried like hell for them finally made him pick up.

"-Neh Hyung?"

"-Did you find Mark?"

"-Yes. Don't worry, we're fine."

A sigh of relief could be heard.

"- And where are you guys? I'm going to pick you up with Youngjae, we took the car."

"-Ani hyung, we're okay, really. We can walk back to the dorm on our own."

"-It's already too late for a night walk. It's my job to bring you both safe at the dorm the faster I can."

Bambam sighed. It always bothered him when JB was acting leader. He suddenly became all serious and careful, it was like a robot manager. He could forget all the previous discussions and events the time of his "leader roleplay" and change back in Jaebum only when his mission had been completed.

Like right now...

They had kissed. Mark had seen them. But he was adament with 'bring them back safe in the dorm before midnight'. 

Okay it was already past midnight, but it wasn't a reason for acting so...cold out of the blue.

"-We're at the Han River near Meiruo's backery and the children's park. " he declared in defeat.

"-Okay, we'll be there in five minutes."

Hang up.

"-Mark, I'm sorry, I had to tell him where we were. If not you know how he becomes crazy."

The boy nodded slowly, looking forward.

"-They're going to be there in five minutes."

Second nodd. 

"-Mark, promise me when you're ready to, you'll tell me what's up." 

"-'kay, 'promise. "

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"-Still feeling guilt, huh?!" Youngjae asked while wiping the water out of his hair with a towel.

Jaebum ceased momentarily to scratch his dark-red hair and lift his gaze to meet Youngjae's one.

"-I'm the leader, I should at least be able to manage myself, no?!"

"-Not necessarily."

Disconcerted, he gave an interrogative look to his roommate.

"-Basically, a leader is a leader because he can handle well other's problems, because he had a good relational and don't easily get in conflict with people. That doesn't mean you don't get in conflict with yourself nor it means that you're the best at resolving your own problems." Youngjae explained.

"-Is that supposed to help me?"

"-Well I don't know. What about you? Do you think it can help you?"

JB rolled his eyes before blurting:

"-You know, you should've become psychologist, you missed your vocation!"

Youngjae raised his eyes to the ceiling before throwing the wet towel straight to JB's head.

"-Yaah?! Youngjae! "

"-Then does my patient want to spend the night by my side?" the black haired-boys asked normally, totally ignoring JB's squalls.

"-What?! Yes!!!" JB muffled in the twowel, "I mean, do you meant it?" he asked when he finally managed to throw away the towel which fell laizily on the floor.

"-Mhmh, 'f course I meant it. Actually, if you sleep alone, I'm pretty sure you won't get any sleep, you're clearly stressed and sad. "

"-Thank you!" he blurted, before rushing in Youngjae's bed, even before Youngjae himself get into the bed.

The latter chuckled and switched off the lights before getting in his - now - shared bed. The second he stepped in, JB snuggled against him, finding his usual position to sleep : the head on Youngjae's shoulder and the right arm wrapping his waist. 

Youngjae smiled at the cuteness of his leader. He always seemed viril, strong and all, but he actually was a bundle of fragility. Only he never admits it in front of the others. Youngjae ended by knowing it because, well,  living every single day with the man, it was hard to miss the information. Though at first, he had been like the others, believing the young man strong and deterred in whatever he was doing. But then day after day, night after night, he had changed his behaviour around him, letting the boy see his weakness points, sometimes implicitly asking for comfort and hug. And Youngjae was someone really receptive, who could catch sentence's meaning without hearing it. That's how they had became - almost secretly - closer and Youngjae didn't know why but he had always rejected the idea of revealing JB's weakness to the other members. It actually could have helped his roomate, so the others would care more about him and not only see him as a perfect leader, but somehow deep in his heart, he was happy to be the only one to know more about JB than any one else. 

"-I hope Mark is alright", Jaebum's crackled voice stated in the obscurity.

"-Don't worry, I'm sure he is. And if not, Jackson'll be here for him" the boy reassured, the dark-red hairs to smooth his leader's nerves.

And under the treatment, Jaebum finally relaxed, breathing in Yougjae's shirt to fill his lungs with the reasssuring scent, he began to doze. He felt a little peck in his hair before fully dive in a deep and restful sleep.

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

Second chapter! :)

Thanks for those who subscribed and commented! :D