Love's Quintessence 11

Love's Quintessence

When Youngjae opened his eyes in the smooth daylight, the first thing he saw was a bunch of black hair going messy on his torso. He blinked a few times before understanding properly the situation : Jaebum was once again sleeping in his bed, the head on his torso, he was clutching at his side like a baby squirrel would do with its mommy squirrel...

He didn't want to wake him up, he wanted to stay in this peaceful morning a little more. He lifted his right arm and began to pat the elder's back. The latter let out a sigh of pleasure which sincerly wasn't very manly and which get a smile out of the younger. His leader was actually the cuttest one in the Kpop world... 

Jaebum get into the comfort position anew, laying his head on the upper part of Youngjae's torso, surely because he was too huddled up to breath properly. Then its hand found its way to Youngjae's shirt and grasped it like a little child. 

'Does he know that I'm not a teddy bear?' he thought amused. But then his hair were really near his lips, almost tickling his chin and he couldn't hold it on. He bent his head to reach the smooth stuff and he kissed it lightly. Several times. Simply like a normal couple would do in a similar situation. Only that the one he was kissing wasn't a girl, and was, in a certain way, his line manager... 

Why wasn't he normal? Why couldn't he just fall in love for a girl and let Jaebum hang out with Bambam? He hated himself so much for being jealous all time long. And he hated himself even more that he didn't managed to hide it from him.

Suddenly, the squirrel laid on him began to have a halting breath, grasping even more his shirt, and he could sense the body, half on him, clenching.

"-Jaebum?" 

"-hmm,... ahm..."

He couldn't see his face, but the whines were clear enough : the dream turned into a bad one...!

"-Shhh, it's okay baby, all is alright out here." he humed hoping it to be enough to calm the elder.

"-a- aani---" seemingly it wasn't enough.... "a-nii- ..... ajimaaa!", he strengthened his embrace, ready to welcome back his scared leader as soon as he would be out of this, " a- ajimma..... ajimmaa Youngjaeeee!!"  The elder sat bolt upright with a jolt, panting like crazy under the fear. Beside, Youngjae was totally bemused...

The elder, before even having caught his breath, turned his head panic stricken, looking for something, something which wasn't in the opposite bed where he thought it would be, but in the very bed where he just slept in. The second his eyes landed on the younger's  baby face, his breath ceased and his wrinkle of worry instantly relaxed.

"-Youngjae! You're here!" He pounced on the younger which was still distraught by what just happened. "Youngjae!!! I love you so much! Don't dare you leave this world right?! Never ever!!"

The younger goggled hearing those words and understanding that his roomate just had a nightmare with him comitting a suicide....

He coughed loudly in order to make the elder remove from the embrace which was slightly stifling.

"-Oh. Sorry." Jaebum said, loosening the wild hug, and remembering that the night before they didn't actually ended on good terms. " I just had... whatever. I'm sorry." 

"-A-anii, it's okay. I mean come on here, lay down. You need to rest some seconds." Youngjae blurted and he wanted to snapp himself for saying such nonesense. he couldn't behave like this, one day scolding him and the other acting all lovey-dovey as if nothing happened. Wether he disagrees with 'JaeBam' or he accept it; but he had to choose! 

Jaebum didn't waited for him to say it twice, he immediately laid back his head on the other's torso, hearing carefully his heartbeat. How glad he was to be able to hear it pounding... Then he felt Youngjae's hand patting through his hair. He sighed under the comforting actions...

"-Jaebum do you have toothpaste?" Bambam asked, bursting suddenly in the room, opening wide the door. "There isn't----" His eyes just landed on the two in the same bed... looking like cherishing each other... "any." he ended as Jaebum turned to face him. 

"-Oh Hy Bam, Did you sleep well?" Jaebum asked, scratching his neck, trying to act as if nothing was unusual.

"-So --sorry, I, I thought you were..... up." He blurted and closed the door quickly.

Jaebum made a move to get up ready to look for him, but then, the discussion with Youngjae the previous night stopped him right away.

"-You'll mind if I go, right?"

Youngjae turned his head slightly and looked through the window.

"-Yes. But I'll deal with it. "

"-Thank you!"  he blurted and kissed his cheeks happily before getting up and running outta the bedroom.

"-And he really dared to go..." Youngjae said for himself as the bedroom was suddenly empty.

 

"-Bam, wait!  I can all explain!" Jaebum screamed in the corridor, letting all the dorm know that something was up. "Bam! Wait!" He said again, finally grapping Bam's hand in the middle of the living room. 

"-Explain what?"

Mark who was brushing his teeth with the last drops of the toothpaste, came from the badroom to see what was on, while Jackson who had barely opened his eyes at the first scream jumped out of the bed to witness the scene.

"-What you just see, it's not what you believe! We're not in such a relationship!" 

Mark was following the two speaking, eyes wide opened and the brushteeth in the mouth.

"-Listen, " Bambam began, "Only yesterday you was jealous like hell because you just heard that Mark and I were having a thing and now that I saw you and him", he moved his chin toward the bedroom, " with my own eyes, you dare telling me that I shouldn't believe the evidence!"

"-Whaat?" Jackson blurted, not even realizing that his voice just said something since he was totally dazed by what he just heard. On the opposite side of the room, Mark just opened his mouth wide and some toothpaste were about to fall on the ground when he remember to close it  back.

"-Baaam, please, let me explain ! And if you want to yell, then what about going in the park, right? We can discuss out there! " he suggeested, realizing all the pair of eyes witnessing the scene, and certainly they were also pair of ears hearing it....

"-What? You're ashame? You don't want others to know?

"-Bam, pleaase! "

"-Look if you don't want me anymore just say it properly and do as you said, but stop playing with me! Because yesterday you were the one to begin it!" With that he took back his hand breaking the grasp, and ran out of the dorm. 

Jaebum began to walk to the door as well, when Jackson hold him back.

"-Wait wait dude, let him go. I don't know what's on between you guys but I don't think he want to talk with you anyway. I'm going out to take him back right?" he asked even though he wasn't properly waiting for an answer. He actually couldn't prevent his eyes to cast some interrogatives glances to Mark.

"-Alright, but do it quickly, I don't wanna him to get lost or something." Jaebum answered giving up : this day was not a good one, definitely not.

Jackson ran in his room, grabbed his pants and shoes, which he both put on in no time, and eventually ran outdoors.

He didn't spent much time to find the little boy weeping behind a tree of the building's little park. He came closer till he reached the tree, but the boy didn't seem to realize someone was standing up right in front of him. So Jackson casually sat beside him, coolly laying his right arm behind the younger's neck. At the contact, Bambam lifted up his head only to see the reassuring features of the blonde man.

"-Ah, it's you." He hastened to wipe his tears.

"-Yes, it's your favorite teddy bear, at your service!" he joked, recalling the time where they were still trainees... At this time, when Bambam was exhausted he often laid his head on Jackson's shoulder and took a short nap.

The boy smiled, having the same memories scrolling. 

"-What happened with Jaebum...." he began, "you want to talk about it?"

The younger looked away, somewhere in the grass.

"-Do you think that love should be exclusive?"

Jackson was lost but he wanted to enter in whatever game Bambam was in, just in order to know furthermore about the situation.

"-At least, it used to be." 

Bambam looked back straight in  his eyes, and Jackson was having a hard time by withstanding his scrutiniy.

"-The habits.... are they what we call moral?"

"-Why don't you tell me straightly in which mess you're exactly in, it would be easier and faster resolved, don't you think?"

Bambam bent his head and looked at the man's shirt, pondering.

"-Maybe I don't know exactly in what situation I am."

"-Ahh little bro", he sighed while ruffling the boy's hairs, "you're still a kiddo, aren't you?! "

"-Whyy? I'm not! I'm a mature adult now!" he cryed out, offended in his pride.

"-You see! The only fact that you said that states that you're still one! " He said half-laughing. "Come on Bam! Stop pondering questions that doesn't even have answers and tell me what's really going on."

Again, the younger pondered...

"-Jaebum."

"-Yes?" he encouraged, looking deeply at him to make him sure he was concerned by his problems.

"-Jaebum, he... I..." he sighed, not knowing from where to begin. "We've an ambiguous relationship."

"-Like what exactly?" he asked softly.

"-Like... boyfriend." Bam blurted, looking straight in the elder's eyes. 

'Whaaaaaaatttt????!!!!' Jackson thought but managed to hold back his overreaction. Though a dozen of thousand questions were bumping in his mind.... And actually he didn't know which fact was the most disconcerting : the fact that Bam was gay, that Jaebum was gay, or the fact that the two were having a thing while none of them knew it.

"-Oh. Sooo, you...You were really gay? huh?! Alright! fans were right I presume!" he joked, because only a joke could hide the reconfiguration that was displaying in his mind. But Bambam seemed weary of these half-questions. "Sorry, just a joke. ...... Soooo,  you ....and Jaebum are a thing?"

"-Were." Bambam corrected.

"-And why did you mentioned Mark just a moment ago?" He couldn't prevent himself from asking this precise question. Maybe the boy was knowing the truth about the strange behavior of his roomate.

"-Jaebum think I'm with Mark-hyung."

"-With.... like together?"

"-Yup, like boyfriend."

"-But you two....?" 

"-We two... are nothing more than hyungs." Bambam answered. He was not sure of the nature of Mark's feelings toward him. Okay the shower that day was surely a thing. But who knows what kind of day Mark had had ? Maybe was he just exhausted and didn't control anything. Just a misdemeanor. Though, that would be forgeting his own feelings towards Mark... They were fresh and muddled, actually triggered by Mark's own confusion... but now they were there, deep in his heart. Since the shower, whenever he came upon Mark gazing at him, he couldn't not feel his heartbeat slightly pacing up...

"-You sure?" Jackson asked in a whisper, his voice getting deeper.

And Bambam knew why all the fans were getting crazy about Jackson, why they all were shrilling he was the iest man in the world.... Indeed, this deep voice could get goosebumps out anybody that does have a heart.

"-I don't know Jackson. You'd rather ask Mark." 

"-You think.... he loves you?" Jackson managed to ask, trying to not realize what were the sense of the sentences he was saying out loud.

"-I said I don't know! Look go ask him and tell me his answer by the way!" Bambam yelled, fed up with the fact that all were concerning about Mark's feeling and none with his own feelings... "Sorry, I didn't meant it." Bambam apologized for its sudden aggressivity. 

He felt the blonde man ruffling once again his hair. Then he bent his head to get closer to his face.

"-Don't be sorry, it's my fault. I shouldn't ask you that. It's none of my business right?" He said with a crooked grin.

Bam's heart skipped a beat.

"-Ye-yeah." 

"-Anyway, so you and Jaebum are on a fight. maybe it's temporary." The blonde stated.

"-I don't think it'll be temporary. The Mark thing is a pretext he's been using to make our relationship crappier and dubious. I should just forget his ."

Jackson goggled : since when did he knew those kind of korean words?! 

"-Don't be too harsh. Jaebum has a lot of responsabilities. He can't do what he wants to. He's under big pressure, bigger than yours for sure."

With that, Bambam removed Jackson's arm from behind his neck, then he grasped it and simply laid his head on his shoulder like before. And like before he instantly felt reassured.

 

-------------------------------

 

Like promised! The 11 chapter today! ;D 

Hope you like it!

And a big thanks to you guys that still read this story!  <3

(ah and if there're new one, welcome! :D )