Grumpy Doe

The Bike Girl [slow update]

“Yes? Yes, she’s doing fine. What about you?”

 

The sound of keyboard being type resonated inside the square room, the occupant holding the receiver in between his neck while his other hand scribbling on a paper work. He smiled at the irony that the caller was more concerned at a certain tanned girl instead of her own condition and health.

 

“Nothing to worry about. She’s being the usual… her.” He rolled his eyes, “It’s nothing much, but it’s a good sign.”

 

Siwon nodded, chuckling with the reply he got from this frail woman. She’s always the one good with words; her intelligence could actually surpassed his own. Too bad she’s not too well to become what she was supposed to be.

 

“Enough about her. How are you feeling, Juhyun? Did you eat well?”

 

The door was knocked a few times, a frown appearing on his face. He glanced at the table clock, lunch time was almost over by now.

 

“Yeah… I’ll talk to you later. Make sure you eat your medicines, alright? Take care, Juhyun.”

 

He ended the call with a click, calling for the person outside his office to come inside. The door opened revealing a good looking Jang Geun Seuk with his trademark smile.

 

“Am I disturbing you, Prof. Choi?”

 

“No, I was just talking on the phone.” Siwon faked a wide smile, apparently detesting this flower boy for interrupting his free time with the caller. “Anything I can help you with, Jang?”

 

There was something about the student council’s president that bugged Siwon to the core. The time when he was appointed as the second advisor, Jang Geun Seuk was already a part of the committee and he got a good record within the organization. The only downfall of it was that every event he’s in charge of, had a certain student’s name included too. That makes it rather suspicious because Siwon never saw him around during the time of the events. It was always her.

 

“I wanted to give you the report of our progress with the welcoming week.” The professor reached out for the report, skimming through the pages without much interest. “We’re almost finished with the preparation. We only need to wait for the special team to finish so we can proceed with everything.”

 

“You’ll hear from them soon. In the meantime, I’ve got a few questions for you regarding the… special team.” Siwon neatly put the report on his table before placing his hands on top of it.

 

“What is it, Prof. Choi? Are they causing trouble?”

 

“Why Im Yoona?”

 

“Pardon?”

 

“Why did you pick Im Yoona out of the thirty applications we’ve been getting since last semester? She didn’t even made a formal request to be in the student council.”

 

“It’s because of her outstanding records and achievements from her previous school, Prof. Choi. Besides, she was approved by Mr. Park with my recommendation.”

 

Damn, that Park again, he thought. Siwon nodded, albeit not fully satisfied with the answers. It’s fine, he’ll get it another way now that he has another name on his list.

 

“Is that all, Professor?”

 

“Another thing.” Siwon gave him a sickening grin when he voiced out his curiosity, “Why can’t you do these special team tasks on your own? Why are you using Kwon Yuri?”

 

“Oh, that.” The flower boy chuckled, which sounded girly in Siwon’s ears. “Well… why not? She agreed to it anyway, right?”

 

“You got your henchmen to do your work. But I suppose she’s more of a perfect candidate for these kind of things, isn’t it? Other than… her. Which is a shame that she’s gone.”  

Siwon smirked when he saw Geun Seuk’s jaw tighten before he wears a smile to convince the professor he’s not the least shaken by the mention of the girl.

“Indeed. It is because Kwon has all the experience and knows all those people that are too difficult for my committee members to deal with. You know how much I hated to waste the energy and time to get them to cooperate with the student council.”

He knows the pretty boy is avoiding the sensitive subject, he decided to direct the question to something else. “But you have the power, Jang. Why not use it to make these “difficult people”, as you said, to listen to your orders?”

“That’s what I’m doing, Prof.” He proudly grin. “I’m using my power to insist the students, in this case, Kwon, to at least contribute something to this college instead of wasting their time with petty things. Besides, who’s more suitable for the job other than Kwon?”

Siwon admitted. He’s not only about the looks, he’s smarter than he looks. And it’s deceiving everyone with a dumb brain to realize the real guy he is. That’s why he can get the top position without a tough competition. Cause he got both; good look and smart brain. Pretty convenient for a dictator.

“So you’re saying you’re not qualified to convince these stubborn people with your leadership, Jang?”

 

“What are you trying to say, Professor?”

 

The professor knew he had ticked off the flower boy; his face was twitching with a strained smile. He’s an advisor counsellor; he had countless of students asking for his advice and help, he can almost read them with just a blink of his eyes. This Jang Geun Seuk is not an exception.

 

“I’m sorry. It was nothing of your concern. I’ve got a lot on my mind lately. Just forget that I ever asked you that.”

 

“Is that all?”

 

“That is all. Thank you for your time, Jang.”

 

Siwon wore a wide smile that showed his pearly white teeth, just to intimidate the flower boy. After Jang Geun Seuk excused himself, Siwon read through the report once more. It’s a hard job to be a second advisor for the top students organization in the college, but at least he got the privilege to go through every reports and documents needed to find out what actually happened last year; the tragic incident that had been closed off without a proper closure.




 

 

-----------

 




 

Yoona was currently ignoring a certain red head that had been following her since her last class ended just now. Tiffany’s been watching her with the eye-smile all day, it creeped her out. It’s not just the smiley eyes that makes Yoona wanted to run from her, it was also because of her unplanned conversation with the unnies last night. They suddenly bombarded her with nonstop questions about her suspicious after-class activities, it stressed her out. She wasn’t able to have enough sleep because the face of someone, the “main topic” of their discussion, always appeared whenever she tried to close her eyes, all because of her unnies and their nonsensical theories.

 

Right now, Tiffany was being as nosy as ever when she decided to annoyed Yoona, calling her names repeatedly when her dongsaeng plainly ignored her unnie’s presence beside her.

 

“Yoonaaa-yaaaah~!!!”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Yoooonaa~”

 

“Yes, unnie?”

 

“Yoona yoona yoonaaaa~”

 

Yoona sighed in annoyance. There’s no helping it. She needs to counter-attack with her choding voice.

 

“Yes, unnnniiieeeee~ What do youuu waaant from meee???”

 

“Augh… YAH! That’s annoying! Stop that.” Tiffany glared, receiving a snicker from the choding.

 

“You’re not meeting with Sica-unnie?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“No reason.”

 

“Don’t you have anything to do right now?” She almost sighed but refrained when she felt her unnie’s eyes observing each of her movements.

 

“You’re trying to chase me away, aren’t you?” Tiffany squinted her eyes, a smirk almost appeared.

 

Yoona rolled her eyes, “No. I was just asking, unnie.”

 

“Why? You’re meeting someone right now?”

 

“Yes.” She simply replied, not wanting to further the conversation.

 

“Who?”

 

”Someone.” Yoona shrugged, the red hair not buying her dongsaeng’s short and flat answer.

 

“Your date?”

 

Yoona almost screamed at her unnie's words, “W-What are you talking about, unnie?!”

 

Tiffany giggled from her dongsaeng’s reaction, mentally cheering to herself. Her head suddenly whipped around, a subconscious response she developed over the past few days whenever the tanned girl’s presence is near.

 

“Oh, oh! Your date is coming!” She started pushing Yoona around to put her cunning plan to work.

 

“Huh? What do you-... KYAAAH!!!”

 

With her sneaky moves, Tiffany slipped her right foot behind Yoona’s. From the corner of her eyes she can see Yuri’s eyes alerted, her footsteps rushing to their direction. Exactly as she had predicted, her dongsaeng safely fell onto the arms of her charming knight. Tiffany exhaled a breath of relief, glad Yuri has good and fast reflex. Or else, she’ll be consumed with guilt her entire life for intentionally hurting Yoona.

 

“Are you alright?” Yuri worriedly asked, waiting for a response from Yoona.

 

The latter was still in shock, her mind was probably lost by the time Yuri caught her in her slender but strong arms of an athletic girl. Once again, she can sense the weird feeling of having her sunbae close to her; of security and comfort. It made her confused, scared, and overwhelmed at the same time. It’s a new feeling for Yoona and she didn’t know what to think, what to expect from it. What made her agitated was when the conversation with her unnies last night resurfaced again. She shook her head, Yuri’s question finally registered in her cluttered brain.

 

“Y-Yes…” She got up on her two feet with Yuri’s help, the straight posture made her head a bit light while still recovering from the shock of the sudden fall.

 

“How many times do I have to tell you... pay attention to your surrounding, Im. What if you fell and hurt yourself? You would trouble a lot of people.”

 

Yoona remained silent, still stunned with their moment earlier. She caught Yuri’s concerned eyes staring deeply into hers, prompting Yoona to avert her gaze to the floor. She was blushing and she didn’t want her sunbae to notice that. She had enough teasing for the day.

 

“Im? Hey, Im... Are you listening?” Yuri scanned her body for any injuries, her hands touching Yoona here and there. “Are you hurt anywhere?”

 

Yoona lightly shook her head while pulling away, “No, no. I’m fine.”

 

“Are you sure? I should bring you to-”

 

“No, sunbae! I’m really fine. Quit fussing around, okay?” Yoona made a face showing Yuri was being ridiculous right now and the latter thankfully caught it.

 

“If you say so…” Yuri was not convinced but she shrugged it away. “Don’t forget our meeting later. You better not be late, you hear me?”

 

“Arasso! I’ll make sure I’m the one waiting for you there, sunbae.”

 

“You better be!”

 

Yuri was about to walk away, only to be startled at the intimidating presence of the American girl. She made some distance as she walked passed her, sticking really close to the wall as the scary red hair was giving her the dirtiest look she ever saw in her entire life. Tiffany made a gesture; two fingers pointing at her eyes and back to the tanned girl, warning Yuri she’s got her eyes on her.

 

Ater Yuri was out of her sight, her facade soon reverted back to her cheery self. Tiffany nudged Yoona on her side, “So… what’s with you and Bike-sunbae, hmm?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“I’m sure that “nothing” meant EVERYTHING. You can’t fool your unnie, Yoona. I see the way you were staring at your princess charming being mighty and cool on her bike~ Wait, that actually sounds really cool.. OMONA!”

 

“Aishh... It’s really nothing, unnie! Stop teasing me! Weren’t you even bothered I almost hurt myself?”

 

“Oh, I did. But your Bike-sunbae knight was there to catch you, all mighty and strong! I don’t think I need to worry a thing about it. Besides, you’re Him Yoona!”

 

“Gee… thanks.” Yoona sarcastically said her appreciation.

 

“Are you two on a date?”

 

“MWOH?! Wh… How…The heck, unnie?! I’m straight, okay unnie? As straight as a ruler! Didn’t we already have this conversation last night?”

 

“Uhh… they have bendable rulers now, Yoona.”

 

“You’re missing the point here, Ppany-unnie.”

 

“The point is not everything is as it seems, Yoona. Things can change, so does your preferences.”

 

“Whatever, unnie. I need to go now so do excuse me.”

 

Yoona walked away while Tiffany only watched her with an amused grin.

 

“Be careful, Yoona. Love can do unexpected wonders, you’ll never be able to stop it when it does.”

 

“Yeah, unnie… whatever you said.”




 

 

-------------------

 




 

Yoona was so distracted and confused with Tiffany words, her mood had went haywire for the whole day. She was making all sorts of mistakes today; giving a blank paper instead of her assignment to the lecturer, ordering a piece of sandwich when she's actually craving for rice... not that she mind, and accidentally walked into a guy's toilet. She didn't even want to remember how a guy shrieked at her face when he's doing his... thing. Yoona sighed for the nth time today. She wasn't in the mood to do anything, she just wanted to go home and maybe get some well-deserved sleep but she already promised Yuri to give the dance club a visit today. She reached the third floor, seeing Yuri waiting at the end of the staircase with arms crossed and a pissed-off face.

 

“You’re late.”

 

“No! I came here on time!”

 

“It should be you waiting for me, not the other way. So you’re late.”

 

“Does it matter? I’m already here.”

 

“You’re still late, Im.”

 

Yoona thought she should ignore it, but her body started moving on its own, turning around with a deep huff with a finger pointed at Yuri.

 

“Drop it, will you? If you’re so bothered with me being late, you shouldn’t have waited for me in the first place. Just leave and go on your own! You don’t even actually need my help with this “dirty work”. You’re the one who’s gonna get all the credits for helping the student council so cut the crap and spare me the lectures, okay?”

 

“You’re wrong.”

 

“Wha-”

 

“I’m not gaining anything from doing this.” Yuri’s eyes were boring holes into the fuming freshman but averted her gaze elsewhere when she saw confusion in those angry eyes. “We’re wasting time. We should go.”

 

They walk in silence along the quiet hallway. As they got closer, they can feel the floor vibrating with a continuous rhythm of loud bass. It was faint, but the sound of funky beats can be heard as they neared a red door with a small window. Yuri didn’t even bothered knocking; they wouldn’t hear it anyway. Loud music blasted through the open door; the air coming out of the room almost hurled them back to the hallway.

 

Yoona followed her sunbae to a corner, standing behind a group of students heavily dancing to the funky beat. The dancers were so into their rhythmic routine, Yoona thought if any of them were even aware of their presence since they were facing a mirrored wall and Yoona can clearly see her and Yuri in the view.

 

One of the dancers caught a pair of eyes belonged to a certain tanned girl watching her from the back. A sly smile appeared, together with a brilliant idea she had in her mind. She’s gonna show Yuri just how much she had improved from the last time they compete with each other. Yoona too sense the way Yuri was staring at one of them; it was like her eyes were boring holes on that person. The freshman turned her attention to the girl her sunbae was staring so hard at. Her movement was graceful and sharp, like fluid moving around in different direction. It has a different feeling to it, a unique style that distinguish her from the others. Indeed, she was an eye-sight. Her beauty is something to talk about, Yoona was sure she’s not a native here.

 

In actuality, Yuri wasn’t even interested with the dancers. Her mind was preoccupied with one thing at the moment; the grumpy angel beside her. She remembered meeting the freshman a while back. She was fine, a bit shaken with the almost fall which Yuri glad she was there to save her in time, but likewise, her mood was definitely fine. So what triggered her grumpiness just now, Yuri thought. The tanned girl knows the freshman is no weirder than everyone she had met, but something was certainly bugging her so much to make her snapped like that.

 

Yuri was so deep in thoughts, she didn’t realized the song had already ended. It was the dancer that broke Yuri from her muse with her loud voice.

 

“Stop staring at me like that, Yuri!” She rolled her eyes, “I know I got the moves with my hot body but you don’t have to make it so obvious.”

 

“Excuse me?” Yuri wore a quizzical expression, not getting what this obnoxious girl was trying to say.

 

“Oh my... Stop it, Yuri. It’s obvious you’re gawking with my awesome dance moves.”

 

“Oh... I wasn’t watching. I was thinking about something. Sorry, Vic.” She apologized, but her face didn’t show she was apologetic at all. Victoria gave her a look of disbelief, her face beet red from embarrassment.

 

“You’re gonna regret this, Yuri! Hmph!”

 

Yuri scratched her head, not knowing what wrong she just did. She look at Yoona, asking the girl for some help or anything with the sulking Victoria. Yoona put on a sour face, pulling her head away in refusal. Yuri just stood there dumbly, confused with the pouty girls suddenly turning their backs against her.

 

 

What’s with everyone today? Is it the Ignore-Kwon-Yuri-Day today cause I definitely missed the notice!

 

 

“Yuri? What are you doing here? I thought you’ve been on the run from our radar... or more like Vic's radar.” A guy with a funny smile came from Yuri’s behind, patting her shoulder in a friendly manner.

 

“Eunhyuk! Help meee!” Yuri desperately waved her hand at the broody girls.

 

“Why? What’s wro-... Ooooohh~ That doesn’t look too good.”

 

“I don’t know what I did to these two…”

 

“Yah, Vic! Stop making Yuri feel bad with your stupid crush on her!”

 

“HEY! It’s not stupid and… HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT OUT LOUD?!” She glanced at Yuri before whispering harshly at Eunhyuk, obviously pointing at the oblivious raven hair. “She’s here!”

 

“She already knows, Vic. You’re so blatantly obvious about it.” Eunhyuk shrugged, lazily hanging an arm around Yuri’s shoulder. The others join with the teasing, giving a hard time to the blushing girl.

 

“Yeah, Victoria. No need to tell us. We already know.”

 

“Pffft… busted!”

 

“Whaa…?!”  

 

Yoona was getting too worked up with the commotion by now. She’s not there to listen to a confession or watch this group ganging up on that conceited . She felt like Yuri is making it harder, acting all dense and aloof while at the same time feigning ignorance with Victoria and her feelings, whoever she is.

 

“Can we get to business now?”

 

Her voice was deep with a hint of bitterness in it, almost everyone took a step back from the growling first year. Yuri unconsciously gulped when she saw the bleak look Yoona gave her.

 

“Sure…” Yuri cleared , taking a quick brief look at the annoyed freshman before proceeding with their main purpose coming there. “Guys, we’re here on behalf of the student council.”

 

Eunhyuk and Victoria exchanged looks, their faces showing discomfort as soon as the student council was mentioned..

 

“What do they want from us?” Eunhyuk step up with a deep frown.

 

“They need volunteers, a few of you guys, to make an opening performance during the freshmen week.”

 

“What freshmen week?”

 

Yoona handed out the papers, the dance members grouped around Eunhyuk to read them.

 

“That’s impossible!” One of them voiced out, “We got a dance competition at the same week!”

 

“Is it important for you to participate in it?” Yoona asked.

 

“What’s the matter with you?” Victoria appeared from within the group, looking all mighty while sizing Yoona up and down with her judging, slanted eyes. “Every competition is important to us, even if the prize is an all-you-can-eat buffet coupon.”

 

“Ooh! That’s the best prize ever!”

 

“Yeah, yeah! You remember that time we finished all the food in the restaurant? That was EPIC!”

 

“The owner was almost crying because of us, kekekeke…”

 

“Enough!” Yoona’s shout made everyone silent in shock, even Yuri almost jumped on the spot. “Can I ask the leader to step out and discuss this properly without everyone interfering?”

 

“Sure.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

Without waiting for the leader to show himself, Yoona had already walked out of the room, leaving a baffled Yuri rubbing her forehead all confused with her moody behaviour. She followed them out, making sure to keep a distance between them. She didn’t want to get caught in their unnecessary cat fight.

 

“Oh. It’s you.” Yoona dryly commented seeing Victoria standing in front of her.

 

“Yes, it’s me. Got a prob?” She countered with a smug. “I’m Song Qian or Victoria, the leader and ace of the dance club.”

 

“Im Yoona.” Yoona flatly said, not interested in getting acquainted with the Chinese leader. “So, as we said before, we need you to perform for the opening act of the freshmen week.”

 

Victoria turned quiet at the information, the corner of her eyes caught her team members squishing their faces together to peek through the small, square glass window on the door. It’s a good opportunity for them to perform in the upcoming freshmen week; they really need new recruits since most of them are already in their final year. But the competition is important to them too for their club’s credits and budget increase. Victoria can be selfish but she can’t disappoint her team.

 

“I’m really sorry but I don’t think we can take part in the opening act.”

 

Yuri who was silent all the time was surprised with her decision, “Why? Isn’t this a big opportunity for you guys to get new members?”

 

“I know we’re short on members, but I can’t force my teammates to withdraw from the competition. They’ve prepared a lot for it.”

 

Yoona scoffed, “It’s just a competition.”

 

The Chinese girl give her a crossed look, “It is for you, but not for us. It means a lot to each one of the team members.” Victoria glared back, their eyes meeting in a staring contest. Yuri cleared to stop their silent feud before things get any worse.

 

“Is there anything I can do to help?”

 

“Other than having you join the dance club, Yuri?” Victoria was giving her the flirty gaze but Yuri quickly turn down the offer.

 

“Other than that.” She sheepishly replied while rubbing her nape.

 

Victoria pondered for a few seconds before snapping her fingers with a grin, “I know!”

 

“Finally.” Yoona muttered with a rolled of her eyes.

 

“It’s not really a great idea, I can even call it a suicide mission, not that I care of.” The way Victoria snickered was putting Yuri on edge. She has a bad feeling about this. “But there is someone that would be a great addition to the team if she join the club. I think she can handle the opening act on her own too. Oooh, I can already imagine the screaming and cheering she’ll receive from the crowd. The ending ovation… OH, BOA!”

 

The way Victoria describe it was already enough for Yuri to take a guess. Yes, she knows exactly why it’s a suicide mission and she’s already questioning herself in regret why would she offered the help.

 

“Don’t tell me…”

 

“Exactly!”

 

Yoona watched them in confusion; Victoria had a wide grin on her face while Yuri deeply sighing in exasperation. Not wanting to be left out again, Yoona hurriedly include herself in the conversation.

 

“What? What are you guys talking about?” And she was ignored...

 

“You’re asking the impossible!”

 

“You want to help or not? I’m not forcing you on this, Yuri… It’s all on you.”

 

Yuri squinted her eyes at this manipulating woman. Of course she’s not forcing, she’s guilt-tripping Yuri with the favour. This was all because Yuri was so kind to offer her help.

 

“Fine. I’ll do it.”

 

“YAH!” Yoona pulled her sunbae to face her, “Stop ignoring me and tell me what’s going on!”

 

Yuri let out another sigh while scratching her head, a habit when she’s deeply distraught. “We’re gonna help them recruit someone.”

 

“So we just need to find this person and convince her to join the dance club, right?” Yoona almost rolled her eyes at the ridiculousness of Yuri’s reaction with a simple, mere thing of just finding a student but Yuri’s words after just made her more confused.

 

“If… we can find her in the first place.”

 

“What do you mean? Who’s this person we’re talking about, anyway?”

“She's BoA,” Victoria cut in with a sly smile, “the scariest delinquent ever exist in this college.”
 

 



 

--------------





 

The sun was almost setting down, filling the windowed hallway with hues of orange colours after their fruitful meeting with the dance club. Yoona was giving her sunbae the silent treatment, walking ahead with quick steps. It was the first time Yuri got left behind, the only thing she can think of was Yoona is most probably afraid she’ll get home late. The girl is afraid of the dark, after all.

 

“Are you going back home, Im?”

 

“No, I’m gonna take a bath in the toilet.”  

 

 

Yup, she’s still in her bad mood. Maybe I should leave her… Yeah, she’s a grown up. She can take care of herself, Yuri. You still got deliveries to be done so just go!

 

Yuri waited by the door of the empty class, still contemplating with herself whether she should leave Yoona or stay. She decided the latter after remembering how terrified she was that night of the break in. Even with a loud and nasty mouth, Im Yoona is still a witless human being. Just like every other girl, wearing their tough front to show others that they can face anything on their own, that they’re not afraid to fight.

 

 

Just like me…

 

“Why are you still here?”

 

“I’m checking up to see if you were trying to steal a chair or something.”

 

“Are you for real?” Yoona sneered, walking away without waiting for her sunbae. The latter easily caught up while keeping some distance from her back, just in case the freshman is still in her cranky state.

 

“Hey, one class had all of its tables disappeared last year. I’m not kidding!” Indeed, they had miraculously disappeared one night without any trace whatsoever; even the cops were at a loss with their investigation. Some said it was Gyuri’s squad that stole them, but what do the swimming team need with the tables anyway? Study in the pool?

 

“Who would do that?”

 

“I don’t know… aliens, maybe.”

 

“You believe in that kind of things?”

 

Yuri shrugged, “You’re scared of ghosts even when you can’t really see them.”

 

At the mention of ghosts, Yoona became silent. Her eyes warily wandered the hallway, her pace slowing down. Yuri almost snorted but thankfully managed to clamp shut when Yoona abruptly turned around, her face clearly showing displeasure from Yuri’s remark.

 

“Could you at least mind your words before spouting them at an inappropriate time?”  

 

Yuri was stunned with the way Yoona snarled at her. She muttered a sorry with her small voice, still shocked with the freshman’s reaction. Partly guilty for making her scared, Yuri decided to keep her thoughts to herself with her eyes downcasted to the floor, the distance within her and Yoona increased by the minute.

 

Yoona heaved a breath of relief as they reached the lobby on the ground floor. There were still a few students chatting and discussing in small groups here and there. That managed to calm Yoona’s nerves after going through the dark hallway, although she was actually glad Yuri was kind enough to walk with her...

 

“Eh?”

 

It was only now that Yoona realized Yuri was nowhere in sight. She craned her long neck left and right, searching for the figure of her sunbae around the lobby. She was sure she clearly heard Yuri’s footsteps on her back as they went down the staircase. Then, the scene when she got angry at her sunbae crossed her mind. That’s when Yoona’s mind sent her a signal to be panicked.


 

Did I went too far?

 

FYI, you did. What a terrible master you are.

 

H-Her joke was too much!

 

She was trying to lift up the mood!

 

I… I didn’t mean to..

 

You should’ve seen her face back then.

 

Was she… was she hurt?

Why don’t you find out yourself, you selfish, grouchy being!

 

POOF!

 

For devilYoong to be this disappointed with me, I must have went overboard with sunbae.


 

Yoona let out a deep sigh, her eyes still looking out for the tanned girl when out of nowhere, her view was blocked by someone.

 

“You should be home by now, Yoona.”

 

Yoona looked up, meeting eyes with the tall president of the student council. “Geun Seuk-oppa! Why are you still here?”

 

He let out a small giggle, “I should be the one asking you that. I was caught up with some work. You know… paperworks and stuff.”

 

Yoona nodded with a polite smile, her eyes casting downwards to avoid Geun Seuk’s piercing eyes. Others might find it admirable and attractive, but Yoona thought it was intimidating. She didn’t like one bit the way Geun Seuk was staring down at her, like she’s a weak little being needing rescue from a hero like him.

 

“So why are you still here, Yoona?”

 

“Got some work. I’m about to head home now.”

 

He feigned a surprise expression, “Oh, what a coincidence! I’m on my way to my car too. Why don’t I accompany you?”

 

“It’s fine, really. I don’t want to be a bother to you.” You just disturbed my searching of Bike-sunbae, was what Yoona wanted to say.

 

“Nonsense!” Geun Seuk made a gesture with his hand, before putting his charming smile to entice the beautiful girl. “Come on… It’s already dark outside. You don’t want to walk alone in the dark, right?”

 

“Umm they actually have lights along the road so it’s not really that dark.”

 

He almost choked on his spit, letting out a loud laugh from Yoona’s unexpected retort. He shook his head amusingly, “It’s still dangerous for a young, fine lady to walk alone in the road.”

 

“Well… my car is just in front of the lobby.”

 

“Then let me walk you to the lobby entrance. It’s the least I can offer after countless of rejections. I mean, seriously… no one had ever refused having me walk them to their car. You’re the first!”

 

Yoona chuckled with the way Geun Seuk was pouting. He was really determined to walk her out and Yoona can’t seem to find another excuse to let him down. It’s just a short walk outside and Yoona was sure her Bike-sunbae was already gone by now. It’s not like Yuri would wait for her after she literally blew up on the tanned girl.

 

“Alright.”

 

Yoona finally agreed, gratefully smiling at the flower boy before walking side by side out of the lobby. She took another glance over her shoulder before stepping out of the college entrance with a small frown. Unbeknownst to the first year, her sunbae was actually hiding by the dark staircase, silently watching Yoona and the flower boy conversing before her eyes. They were comfortable with each other; smiling, talking, even laughing like good friends… or something more.

 

You’re just a nobody, Yuri. That’s what you wanted to be..

 

That’s when Yuri concluded that the flounder girl wasn’t actually bothered by something for her to be all grouchy and cranky that day. It was actually her. Yuri’s presence was the one who made her act like that…

 

Yuri stepped out of the lobby entrance, walking to her bicycle with heavy steps. The yellow convertible was already gone, leaving her bike alone by the rail. She took a deep breath before looking at the dark sky, her face solemn with teary eyes.

 

“No stars today too... eh, Kyu?”

 

She quickly wiped her tears with her sleeve while squatting down to release her beloved bicycle from the side rail. She gave a loving on the handle, as if it was alive. The bike girl closed her eyes, inhaling another deep breath to calm her mind from reminiscing of the past before shooting off out of the college entrance.

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: Things are about to get intense... aren't they? Tehehehe~ Have a great day ahead, guys! ^^