"Dirty Job"?

The Bike Girl [slow update]

Yoona’s POV


 

“But, Yul… I thought you said we’re gonna have pizza today?”

 

“I’m sorry but not today, Soo. I got this freshman week to settle, remember?”

 

“So Yoona is more important than me, huh?”

 

I giggled from Sooyoung’s deliberate pouting. She was like a small kid who had her lollipop confiscated by the mother. Kwon-sunbae rolled her eyes before giving her friend a sandwich.

 

“OMO! Yul, is that... “

 

“Yeah, my breakfast. Here, all yours, Soo.”

 

Eww, is that even safe to eat? It’s from this morning and that’s like… I don’t know… 8 hours since it was made? Or perhaps she made it yesterday and decided to eat it today but it smell funny so she gave it to Sooyoung so she can spare the guilt of wasting food... GASP! I better warn her!

 

“No don’t eat th-...”

 

“DIIISH ISH SHOOO GOOOD!!!”

 

Too late. She just gobbled everything down in seconds. Can a normal human do that? But it really looked tasty even if it’s just a plain sandwich. And I just remembered I skipped breakfast today…Wait, I haven’t eaten anything at all today! This was all because unnies kept waking me up in the middle of the night and made me overslept. Aigoo… I hope my stomach wouldn’t make a sound.

 

“Are you alright, Sooyoung?” I asked, concerned if the food might make her sick.

 

“Better than ever! Yul’s cooking is like the best, I think I can eat that pizza alone.”

 

“Wha…” I don’t get what she was saying so I just stared at her like a dumb person.

 

“No, you’re not eating alone.” Yuri gave the taller one her angry stare as the latter whimpered. But her eyes widen in glee when sunbae gave her some bills. “Make sure to be there on time, okay? I’m sorry I can’t be there...”

 

Her head bobbed up and down like a good puppy, “No worries, I’ll take care of that. Thanks Yul and have a good day with Yoona!”

 

“I don’t need that, Sooyoung!”

 

Kwon-sunbae yelled but Sooyoung had already left, probably on her way to the nearest pizza parlor. She looked at me before heaving a sigh. What? Are you really that tired to be with me?

 

“It’s not too late to catch up with Sooyoung for your pizza date. I can do this alone without your help.” I held my chin up as I walk ahead, leaving sunbae by herself.

 

“No… I can’t let you do this alone. Trust me, you’ll need me for this.”

 

“I know you don’t like doing this with me, sunbae. So if you want to leave, then please do.  It’s fine, I’m already used to it.”

 

I know it sounded harsh but if sunbae really felt like this is such a burden, then she should just say so. If she’s uncomfortable with me, then why would we work together? Nothing will work out of this. I’ve always been doing things alone since high school so it’s fine if she rejected the volunteer thingy.

 

I can only heard my own footsteps by now. Sunbae had probably left me to join Sooyoung with their pizza date. Just like always… they never cared anyway. Yeah, screw you sunbae. I’ll show you how Im Yoona do her things without sunbae’s help. Pfft, whatever… but I really need something to eat right now. Ugh, is the cafeteria still open right now? But my purse is in my bag and my bag is in the classroom which is located at the second floor and I’m on the ground floor but I don’t have the strength to get up there cause my legs are already wobbly I don't think I can think properly ri-

 

“Here.”

 

“Eh…?”

 

Is that… is that a candy bar? Did a candy bar appeared out of thin air to save me from starvation? Is this some kind of black magic? EUREKAA!!!

 

“You don’t like this one?” I raised my head to be met with sunbae’s worried eyes. She was about to pull it away but I quickly snatched it from her hand.

 

“I LOVE IT!”

 

In seconds, the candy bar revealed itself from its wrapper, all shiny and sparkling on my hands. It was inviting me, calling me to put it inside my mouth... and I did! OMO! The sweetness of the candy bar melt in my mouth, making a crunching sound as I munch on the bits of peanuts coated with caramel. How can a single candy gave such heavenly aftertaste is still a wonder to me.

 

“Umm… easy there.” Sunbae looked at me with concern cause I probably looked like I haven’t eaten for a month.

 

“I thought you left me.” I quickly shut my lips, the words unconsciously left my mouth. It wasn’t my intention to say that out loud but oh well… no harm’s done.

 

“Huh? Why would I?”

 

“Obviously because it seems like you didn’t want to be with me…”

 

Sunbae let out a light chuckle, “I made a stop at the vending machine. You looked so pale, like you’re about to faint or something.”

 

I ducked my head low to hide my face cause I just embarrassed myself in front of sunbae, “Oh... that’s because I haven’t eaten anything since morning."

 

“Yah! Why didn’t you?" Her eyes widen like this really big eyes of Nemo, "What if you really fainted? Are you sure you’re gonna be fine? We can do this another day if you want.”

 

She sure likes to get all panicky out of something small. It’s not like I was gonna die for not eating today…

 

“Geez, sunbae... This is good enough. I can survive with this.”

 

“You sure?”

 

I nodded, happily munching on my free snack. She had this unsure look, like she’s not believing me. I gave her a grin with a peace sign before walking ahead with the documents and my food in hand, sunbae following closely behind.

 

“Let’s go, sunbae! We don’t want to stay too late for this.”

 

“Yeah, yeah… So where are we going actually?”

 

“We need to meet these clubs and associations for these things and tasks.”

 

I showed her the papers with lists of clubs we need to meet for the preparation. It was incredibly weird seeing sunbae. She was muttering by herself, sometimes shaking or nodding, at times cursing and sighing deeply as she went through the list. Me? I'm happily enjoying my candybar slash meal of the day, of course!

 

“Hmm… these clubs would do for today. We’ll meet the others another time.”

 

I nodded before proceeding our way to the gymnasium for the first club, the Taekwondo association.

 

“Excuse me, sorry for intruding.” I greeted as I pushed the door of the gym. All of them stopped their movements, their attentions solely on us. They were scrutinizing us up and down in their white attire before a girl with a low pony-tail came to us with skips in her steps.

 

“Yuri-unnie!”

 

“Ah, Bomi. You’re still here in this club?”

 

“What are saying, unnie?! Taekwondo is my passion. Hiyaargh!” She made a few hand-slashing and kicking movement… I don’t know what their names are, nor do I care. Kwon-sunbae laughed from her enthusiastic show, patting her shoulder in a praising manner. “I can see that. By they way, is Hyesung here?”

 

“No, but he just finished his class so he’ll be here in a few minutes. Do you need something, Yuri-unnie?”

 

“It’s concerning the student council. I think I’ll wait for him.”

 

“Wae? You don’t trust me, unnie?”

 

“Nope. You’re still a kid to me.”

 

“Ah, unnie~!!! You always do this to me...”

 

“Kekeke… That’s why you need to surpass Hyesung-oppa and lead this team after he graduates. By that time, maybe I’ll consider telling you about this kind of thing. Okay?”

 

I watched sunbae treated the girl kindly with affection, like a close dongsaeng, the opposite of how she behaves with me. Pfft.. whatever. The grinning girl nodded before her eyes fall on me. Sunbae seems to caught her gaze before she decided to introduce us.

 

“Oh yeah. This is Im Yoona from the student council.” Sunbae pointed at me, motioning me to greet the small girl.

 

“Hello, I’m Im Yoona. A first year representative of the student council.”

 

“It’s nice to finally meet you, Yoona-sshi. I’ve heard a lot about you. I’m Yoon Bomi, a second year and also a member of the Taekwondo association.”

 

We exchanged bows before sunbae took over the conversation. “The members had increased quite a lot than before.”

 

“It’s all thanks to Hyesung-oppa. He likes to show off so, you know what happened...”

 

I watched quietly as sunbae patted the frowning Bomi, laughing from the fact that this Hyesung-oppa was the cause a lot of first years joined this club. I averted my sight somewhere else, anywhere besides these two. Somehow, the view bothered me so much I can feel a pang in my chest.



 

You wanna know what that feeling is?

 

Umm… no? Wait, why are you here again?

 

Cause you called me so I’m here for your service, master!

 

No, I didn’t! I don’t need your service, you devil!

 

Aishhh… just shut up and tell me if you want to know what you’re feeling!

 

What if I don’t want to know?

 

But you want to~ Right?

 

Then why bother asked me if you already know I wanted to know?

 

Seriously...? Are you really my master? How annoying!

 

Why you…

 

Ack! Your hot sunbae is in danger! Save her, O charming knight!



The devilYoong disappeared as I whipped my head to sunbae’s direction. Suddenly, I saw a tall figure looming behind sunbae. I was about to warned her but the figure was fast, already catching Kwon-sunbae in his arms. However, before he can put a chokehold on her, sunbae had already slipped her hand into his arm. She grabbed his collar with her right hand, before pulling the guy over her head and slamming him hard on the ground. It's like watching a slow motion movie with the way he crashed to the ground.

“Ugh… you still have no mercy on me huh, Yuri?”

 

“Who told you to sneak up on me like that.”

 

Sunbae gave him a hand to help him up, but the latter reached out with a mischievous smirk. He was about to put another trick but sunbae was faster than him. With a swing of her leg, she got his back flat on the ground, again.

 

“Ow ow! Yuri-yah! Can’t you at least be gentle? Sheesh.. why must the girls here be so rough..”

 

“Yah, Hyesung… Are you really that weak? That’s why I told you to stop playing around with girls.”

 

“I did not! I just lost my concentration…”

 

“Yeah, right.”

 

This time sunbae let him get on his two feet on his own. She already learnt her lesson, but I think I should say this to that Hyesung. He got knocked over twice by sunbae! And he’s a guy even. He might weight twice than sunbae but she throw him like he was nothing…

 

“Hyesung-oppa is really handsome, right?”

 

I looked at Bomi giggling beside me, motioning me to close my mouth. I looked away, hiding my face with my hair before slapping my cheek a couple of times. I must’ve looked like an idiot.

 

“N-No! I was just… shocked with their… uh.. you know?”

 

“These two are always like this, Yoona-sshi. It’s really a sight to see, right?”

 

“So they know each other?”

 

“Are you kidding? They’re like siblings! Sometimes I miss seeing Yuri-unnie’s fighting with oppa. She’s the only female that has the balls to challenge Hyesung-oppa and beat him up in every match.”

Umm she shouldn't really used "balls" cause it's awkward coming from an innocent girl like her. I didn’t know what to say in this situation except to listen silently to Bomi’s stories. She continued, still with fascination as she told me about the wonders of this Yuri-unnie.

“So I heard you called her Yuri-unnie? I thought you said you’re a second year too.”

Bomi’s eyes glanced everywhere, trying to escape my eyes. She scratched her cheek, looking up at me with a shy glance, “That’s because I admire Yuri-unnie so much… tehee~”

“Oh…okay.” I think I get it but I still don’t get it but oh well… everyone is unique in her own way. It must be an infatuation she has with sunbae.

“Yuri-unnie would’ve been a great addition in our black-belt lineups. Too bad she had to go through that...”

 

“Umm… what do you mean?”

 

“Eh? You didn’t know…?” She asked me astonished while I shook my head no, “Oh! I forgot you’re a freshman. Well, it’s actually-...”

 

“Sorry to interrupt, Bomi..” Kwon-sunbae pat her shoulder to break our talk, “We already got his signature, Im. Let’s go.”

 

“Ah, yeah…” I quickly gave Bomi my gratitude, “I’m sorry but we need to go. Thanks for everything, Bomi-sshi.”

 

“It’s fine. You can come here anytime you like, if you’re interested. I’ll give you the best show ever performed by a female fighter.”

 

“I look forward to that, Bomi-sshi. See you later!” I gave her another bow before we walked out to the next location.

 

“Interested with joining the team?”

 

“Who, me?” I laughed from the ridiculous question, “Nahh… I’ll pass. I’m more into cheerleading.”

 

“Pfftt… I can imagine that.” I hope whatever you're imagining is good for my image, sunbae...

 

“Do you know Bomi has a thing for you?”

 

“Mwo? What makes you think like that? She’s just a dongsaeng.”

 

“Cause she calls you Yuri-unnie. Isn’t that weird?”

 

Yuri gave me a confused stare before she smirks, “And she called me Yuri-unnie because she admires me, right?”

 

“Uh, yeah?”

 

She burst out laughing loudly, enough to get weird looks from the other students. I looked at her weirdly, sunbae wiping her tears from laughing too much.

 

“I can’t believe she just trolled you! Aishh that prankster...”

 

“What? What are you saying?”

 

“Yah! She’s a second year but she’s a year younger than me. Oh gosh! You actually fell for that? The snarky Im Yoona got trolled? This is epic! Hahaha!”

 

I squinted my eyes at her, hoping my glares would give her unending torture for making fun of me. I decided to ignore this sunbae and leave her to her own amusement. When she calmed down a little, I opted to change the subject into something else; the thing that has been going on my mind since the day Prof. Choi gave us this task.

 

“So, Kwon-sunbae… I don’t see any “dirty” thing with doing this job.”

 

“This is just the tip of the iceberg. The horror is coming... soon.” She made a yurei-like expression, leaving me flabbergasted.

 

“What do you mean-... Yah, Kwon-sunbae! Stop ignoring me and wait up!”

 

“Hurry up, you slowpoke!”






 

(g_g)(g_g)(g_g)(g_g)(g_g)(g_g)(g_g)


 




 

“Is this really okay, sunbae? I mean, it's against the rules and we're inside the college compound.”

 

“What are you? A high school student?” She gave me a look of disbelief, “It’s fine, don’t worry.”

 

“But…”

 

“You can give me that if you’re so scared to eat them.”

 

“No! These are mine!”

 

We were on our way to the indoor swimming pool, which I don’t even know existed by the way, when sunbae suddenly pulled me to a secluded pathway, only to be met with the smell of hot boiling broth of eomuk. It was a small stall on the side road. The only thing separating us is the thin wired fence which I hated at the moment. Thank god the height only reached our heads.

 

“How come no one knows about this place?” I looked around the vacant pathway, only the ahjumma and us can be seen with some passersby on the side road. We were leaning on the fence eating the steaming eomuk side by side.

 

“Cause it’s haunted.”

 

“MWOH?!!” I almost spitted the content in my mouth.

 

“HAHAHAHA! Oh god your face… I just can’t! HAHAHA!”

 

“YAH! How could you…” I pouted, giving her the stink eye. “I hope you choked to death.”

 

“Is that a threat or a curse?”

 

“Both!”

 

I pulled an angry face but she still laugh, the half-munched eoumuk visible from her wide mouth. It was the first time I saw her laughing when we’re together. Usually she would have a scowl or frown when she saw me. I like messing with her but it’s kinda refreshing to see this side of sunbae once in a while.

 

“This passage was popular before for the only route leading to the swimming pool building. You can almost see the place swarmed with people walking and lying on the grass, some eating this ahjumma’s delicious eomuk. But they built a new road last year and it’s shorter so no one ever used this route since.”

 

“Except you.”

 

“Except me. But not really.”

 

“Eh? Why not?”

 

“I just felt like showing this forgotten place to a newcomer like you. Pretty boring, eh?”

 

Sunbae stood up, wiping her pants from dirt and grass before throwing our remnants to the nearest bin. I stood on my feet too, taking a deep breath from my full stomach.

 

“I think It’s cool that I’m the only freshman that knows this place.”

 

Sunbae gave me a look before she made a turn to another direction. What’s with her and waiting for me? Does she has an issue with having someone following her? I quicken my steps to catch up with her.

 

“How did you get into the student council?”

 

The question really caught me off guard. I hadn’t expected her to ask me that kind of question. I just shrugged before explaining, “Geun Seuk oppa told me they needed a rep from first year and they said I qualified. That’s all.”

 

“And you agreed? Just like that?”

 

I shrugged nonchalantly, “I don’t think I have better things to do. Besides, I got more benefits from them.”

 

“Hehh… is that so. That’s quite lame.”

 

“What is?”

 

“Don’t you think these guys are using you?”

 

“I don’t see the wrong in that. It shows how committed and responsible you are in an organization. It’ll help me later after I graduated, sunbae.”

 

“So you’re saying you’re fine with being used?”

 

I raised an eyebrow from her tenacious attitude. “Are you not?”

 

“No…” Sunbae turned to me, her face showing an unreadable expression. “If that makes you feel like you’re being taken away from your freedom, then no.”

 

I watched sunbae’s expression falling as she stared into the blue sky. It’s the first time I ever had a deep conversation with someone, even so a nobody like sunbae. She is shrouded with these clouds of mystery around her and that intrigues me more than before. Not to mention with what happened in the gymnasium earlier; her involvement with the association, Bomi's stories and the reason she quit. I was so caught up in my thoughts when the sound of something being hit got me startled. I didn’t realized we had reached to a small square field with several people wearing caps and a person holding a bat standing in the middle.

 

“Whooa! We have a baseball team, too?”

 

“No, it’s the basketball team.” I raised a brow before she snorted, “Duh. Of course we have one. What, you think this college is too poor for a baseball team?”

 

“I was just asking! Sheesh… no wonder they never cared to know your name.”

 

“What did you say?”

 

Before I can retort back, a shout came from the field.

 

 

“HEY! WATCH OUT!”

 

I turned to the direction, only to see an incoming ball about to hit my face. Having short reflex with the evening sun blaring my sight, I could only close my eyes, waiting for whatever pain and bump the ball would cause me later.


 

THUD!


 

I opened an eye to see if the ball had hit any parts of my body, only to be met with a hand right above my face. Yuri had caught the ball single-handedly with her bare hand. I stared at her in amazement as she yelled back to the perpetrator.

 

“Yah! That was dangerous! Don’t you know how to throw properly?!”

 

Another taller guy, the leader I think, came running from the other side before pushing the head’s of the player down for a bow of apology.

 

“WE’RE REALLY SORRY! HE’S A NEW PLAYER AND…wait a minute. HEY, IS THAT YOU KWON?!”

 

“Oh no… Not Chansung. Let’s go!”

 

Yuri immediately threw the ball back to a baseman, her throwing had made the ball landed perfectly on the his gloved hand, prompting him to catch it without any effort. I was at awe with her flawless pitch when she quickly pulled my hand to the other direction to leave the baseball field.

 

“YAH, KWON! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? WHY DIDN'T YO-... YAH, COME BACK!”

 

“Uhh, sunbae? They’re calling for you.”

 

“No, you’re mistaken. I heard nothing.”

 

“But he’s coming after-...”

 

“Don’t look. Just run.”

 

At the instruction, my feet automatically followed sunbae's movement and start running away, ignoring the angry shouting of that Chansung guy.

 

“KWON YURI! YOU COME BACK HERE THIS INSTANT! KWON YURIIII!!!”

 

After running for a good 5 minutes distance, we stopped by a bench to catch our breath. Sunbae took a drink from a tap water provided, relishing in the cold water with a satisfied sigh.

 

“You’re pretty much well known here, Kwon-sunbae.”

 

“Yuri.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Call me Yuri. I don’t like people calling me in a formal way.”

 

“I don’t like people calling me Im too.”

 

“That… well.. you just have to wait till we get in good terms.”

 

“Aren’t we in good terms now?”

 

“No.” Yuri flatly said which made me pouted my cute flounder face.

 

“You look ugly.”

 

“Tch.” I kicked a small pebble, in hopes it might hit her but I missed just a few meters. I might look ugly to you but everyone still sees me as a pretty girl so deal with it, sunbae! Hmm... I need to get back at her. Kekeke...

 

“Does it makes you uncomfortable… when I call you with honorifics?”

 

“Yes.” She nodded, and a playful smirk appeared on my choding’s face.

 

“Then I’ll keep calling you Kwon-sunbae, even if you hated it!”

 

“Yah! Why you…”

 

I don’t know what got into me but we started running again like little kids; with me running away and Yuri chasing after. All the thoughts, doubts and suspicions I had about Yuri dissipated into thin air, not that I mind. We look like idiots, but who cares. No one is watching us and I had the fun of annoying my sunbae. It’s a win-win situation, right? At least I can see sunbae’s laughing face when we’re together. Tehee..





 


 A/N: UPDATE! UPDATE! A PENNY FOR AN UPDATE~! Lol

So the "dirty job" is not so dirty after all... or is it? Kekeke... like Yuri said, it's just the tip of the iceberg. More will come soon and I wonder how they'll face every situation... hmmm~

Welp! Thanks for reading and subscribing! See ya later, guys~ \(^.^)