Missing you.. NOT!

The Bike Girl [slow update]

It was half past 12 in the midnight when a sudden loud screeching sound of a bicycle braking woke up the already dreaming Heechul, causing him to accidentally slam his head on the table.

 

“Ahjusshi!!”

 

“Agh!” He almost cursed, “Can’t you act a little lady-like? There are only men in this kind of job and when I see you, I expect gracefulness, cuteness, SOFTNESS! FROM A GIRL NAMED KWON YURI!”

 

Yuri merely shrugs, “Who told you to work here.”

 

“Yah, you!” Heechul grumbled, snatching the clipboard from the grinning black bean. “Why are you so happy in the middle of the night…”

 

“Why are you so mad? Got problem with your wife?” She wiggles her eyebrows teasingly.

 

Heechul merely laughed in a deliberate way before mumbling to himself, something about still y free and single. Yuri took the thrown envelope, raising a hand to bid goodbye but stopped when the ahjusshi told her to wait.

 

“Here. Someone left a note for you.” He passed a folded paper, “I didn’t open it, if you’re asking.”

 

Yuri inspect it curiously, “Who gave it?”

 

“I don’t know.” He shrugged, “She’s a messenger, like you.”

 

“A girl?”

 

“Yeah, a bit short but with blonde hair. Your friend?”

 

Yuri shook her head no, she never knew any girl during her time as a messenger for the past few months. “I don’t have any.”

 

“Damn,such a pity. I forgot to ask her number.”

 

“Why didn’t you?”

 

“I thought I’d ask you since I don’t want to be seen as a creep.”

 

Yuri snorted, “You already are, ahjusshi.”

 

“Damn it! Don’t call me that!”

 

“Oh!” Yuri peeks through the paper, “My, my.. there is actually a number here.”

 

“What? Hey, give that to me-“

 

Before he can snatch it back, Yuri took long stride backwards, waving him with a wide grin. “Thanks, Ahjusshi. I’ll see you soon.”

 

“Hey! Aishh, this girl…”

 

She settles back onto her bike, her eyes focused on the scribbles inside the folded paper. Her forehead creases so deeply, as if she’s already a grandma with those lines. What an ugly handwriting, she thought. mumbled a few words, before shrugging and putting the paper in the front pocket of her shirt. She yawns, thinking a good eye shut might give her a fresh start to think who the sender of the message is.

 

 

 

Hey, it’s KY.

Still remember me?

Call me when you got the time.

It’s important.

 

 

 

 

----------------------------

 

 

 

 

The first day of the freshmen week event has finally arrived. The people in charge were all getting busy for the preparation, including Yoona who’s been trying to reach her sunbae’s phone since early morning. Of course, their parts in the freshmen week prep had already ended after their dance ordeal with Boa a few days back, so there’s actually nothing for Yoona to be busy about. Well, except for the sudden disappearance of her sunbae since yesterday.

 

“Aishh… Come on, Yuri! Pick up the phone!”

 

Yoona grumbled for the nth time that morning. She just got a message from one of the committee members to meet the Student Council president and with no clue of Yuri’s whereabouts, she decided to just make herself hidden from them too. She already helped so much and to get another favour from the president is a no for her. She wants to enjoy this event as a freshman too.

 

“I’ll just put the blame on Yuri. That’ll teach her not to mess with Im Yoona.” Yoona's grin was menacing, at the same time mentally plotting something evil to her sunbae’s bike as revenge. She was about to turn away to find her lovely made in america unnies when a male voice startled her.

 

“Yoona.”

 

EEEP!

 

“G-Geun Seuk-oppa!”

 

A hearty laugh escaped his mouth, “Why does it feel like you just encountered a ghost?”

 

Cause you always act like one, appearing out of nowhere scaring the crap out of me! Yoona sheepishly gave him an apologetic smile before giving him a small bow.

 

“It’s not like that..”

 

“I think I’ve been waiting for a certain someone, or some people, to appear in my room for the past hours. I wonder where they are..”

 

“Oh, really?” Yoona replied with her nonchalant way while mentally cursing, or more like planning her death threats, on her bike-sunbae. “Perhaps they are too busy doing things. You know, making preparations and all.”

 

An amused smile appeared on the president’s pretty handsome face, “I thought that was the case, too. So I decided to come here by myself and, you know, look how things are going and, oh I don’t know, perhaps find these people too.”

 

“Really? Oh my! What a responsible person you are, oppa!” Yoona jokingly slapped Geun Seuk’s shoulder, the latter responded with a tight smile while slowly rubbing his painful shoulder.

 

“Where’s your partner?”

 

“Partner? Who?”

 

“Your Bike-sunbae?” He almost rolled his eyes, if not for his fake smile.

 

“Oh. Oh her! Yeah… she’s helping around. Here and there. Psshh… You know how she is.”

 

His face suddenly turned a bit sour albeit still the smile on his face, “I think she’s ditching you for all the work, Yoona.”

 

She gave him a look, the president letting out a sigh as he nodded. “I know her well enough to not trust her that much. Especially for a first year like you.”

 

“How did you know?”

 

“Me and that Bike-sunbae of yours, we go way back since our freshman year.”

 

His look was solemn, like something bad happened between them. Yoona didn’t want to judge her sunbae since all the time they spent together before had clearly shown how responsible and diligent Yuri is. She wanted to say something but a hand stops her.

 

“I know what you’re trying to say, but looks can be deceiving, Yoona.” He rubs his squeaky smooth newly-shaved chin, “I clearly remember how much she hates your guts when I mentioned your name.”

 

“She did…?”

 

“Well, that was before. People can change after… or not.” He emphasized the last two words, shrugging both shoulders before pushing Yoona to a small booth.

 

“Let’s not think about that sunbae of yours.”

 

Geun Seuk’s words were playing in her mind but Yoona shook her head when she felt a hand on her back guiding her to a place.

 

“Where are we going?”

 

“I know this is supposed to be the day you enjoy yourself, but I need one more favour from you.”

 

“Umm… but Yuri-sunbae is not here yet.”

 

“Ah, yeah. Her.” He nods slowly, “Well, I suppose that Kwon is better off for these kinds of things. Although I’m pretty sure you can do this by yourself, Yoona. It’s a pity, really...”

 

Geun Seuk sure knows how to have his way with Yoona; by pushing up her pride and confidence. He knows Yoona is alike with Yuri in so many ways, especially in high times like this. They like to be depended, to feel proud of their own hard work and sweat, and he’s taking advantage of Yoona’s gullibility right now.

 

The seemingly down casted face was twinkling with desire of wanting to prove to her senior that she can do anything, even without her sunbae. Yuri might be the know-it-all bike-sunbae, but Yoona can be one too when given the chance. She just needs to prove it.

 

“I’ll do it.”

 

“Are you sure? You don’t need your sunbae for this?”

 

“Yeah. You can count on me, oppa.”

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------

 

 

 

The task was simple, but the freshman didn’t think she can do it. Or in other words, if she should do it. Geun Seuk said it’s not going to be a problem but if the management did find out about this, it’s going to be nasty for all of them. That’s why she need to be discreet about this last task or she would be the one responsible for any trouble arising in the future if, let’s say, someone did a complaint to the higher ups. It is a matter of her pride and responsibility; Yoona is currently torn between the two.

 

“College is not a prison for us, right? So let’s have some fun! Relax... just keep things as they are right now, okay?”

 

Somehow, all Yoona could think of right now was to ask for someone’s advice and the only person she could think of currently was her bike-sunbae. Like, who else is more experienced and knowledgeable of these things except, well, her? She didn’t want to admit it but she really needs Yuri right now. Even her english unnies are useless from the beginning. She pulls out her phone again, trying to call for the MIA tanned girl only to receive a text from the latter.

 

 

 

From: Annoying Rusty Bike Dark Sunbae

Meet me outside the gym. QUICK.

 

 

 

Yoona wants to throw her phone to the ground and smash it to pieces. Oh, she really wants to. If only she could direct all her anger and frustration through her phone. Taking a deep breath, Yoona hastily made her way to the gymnasium with a deep resentment to her sunbae. She was almost about to lash out once she see Yuri waiting by the gymnasium door, only to be weirded out by her current state.

 

“Uhh… did you just got pwned?”

 

She looks up and down, scrutinizing Yuri’s haggard look of a worn out shirt full of sweat, pants being ripped everywhere and no shoes on her feet. Wait, she’s kinda stinks too.

 

“Oh god, you smell.”

 

Yuri rolled her eyes, “What’s up?”

 

“Oh, nothing.” The freshman’s face was more annoyed than she was before, “Except for the sunbae who has been ignoring my calls and went MIA since yesterday. So, nothing at all. NOTHING.”

 

“What’s this?” Yuri smirked with a hand on her waist, “Someone is acting like a protective girlfriend.”

 

The freshman turned beet red, her eyes widen from Yuri’s teasing. “Yah! You ignore my calls and left me alone to attend things this morning… geez! You know how angry I am with you right now?!”

 

Yuri let out a snicker, but quickly gives an apologetic smile at the stressed out freshman. “I was busy with a few things. Besides, I thought we’re done for the week?”

 

“Apparently that’s not the case with Geun Seuk-oppa.” Yoona noticed the slight change on her sunbae’s face at the mention of the name. “He wanted to meet us.”

 

“For what?”

 

“A favour.”

 

“What kind of favour?” Yoona noticed the suspicious tone and remembering what Geun Seuk told her earlier, Yoona opted to keep it to herself.

 

“A simple one. Not that it concerns you anymore since you’re done with the volunteering job.”

 

Yuri was not satisfied with the freshie’s reply, most probably because it concerned the douche, but a call of her name from someone inside the gym had stalled her prying.

 

“Yuri-unnie, we gotta go!” The familiar pony-tail Bomi came out, only to give a full bow at the sight of Yoona.

 

Yuri gave an okay signal before turning back to the confused Yoona. “Where are you disappearing again?”

 

“The opening ceremony is in an hour.” Yuri checks her watch.

 

“So?”

 

“You do know we need get our butts over there as fast as we can or you’re gonna miss the best seat for the best performance ever.”

 

“Oh, you’re right! I gotta find unnies too!” Yoona was already running back to the place before she came to a halt midway. She turns on heels to face Yuri, perplexed.

 

“Uh… what performance again, you say?”

 

“The best performance ever..?” Yuri gave her a look, “What? You’ve been on the phone overnight that you suddenly got ear rot?”

 

“Yeah. Thanks to you.” The sophomore mumbled with crossed arms, “So what’s this performance? Don’t tell me you’re a part of it too..?”

 

Yuri scratched her nose, eyes looking everywhere except Yoona. Knowing full well what this gesture means, Yoona let out a loud gasp.

 

“No. Freaking. Way.” She slapped her sunbae hard on her arm with every word.

 

“Ack! Ow! Hey- Yah! What was that for?”

 

“Is this another deal you did with one of those clubs?”

 

The tanned girl could only manage a slight shrug.

 

“And this is why you’ve been missing since yesterday, right?”

 

This time she played it dumb, only to have her shin kicked. Hard.

 

“HEY! That’s my leg you kicked there! I need it for riding back home...” Yuri pouts while rubbing her stinging leg.

 

“Answer me, sunbae.” RAWR. An angry Yoona is scary.

 

“Geez, fine, fine.” She sighed deeply, “You’re right. I’ve promised Hyesung the other day to help him prepare for their performance.”

 

“What help?”

 

“Well… Just some of the club’s stuff. Nothing much.”

 

Nothing much your , was what Yoona thought. Yuri was drenched from head to toe, she didn’t need to think twice that those people had literally worked her off for her sunbae to look like a haggard. Thinking she had done it from yesterday, Yuri probably hadn’t had her bath yet, too. What she didn’t know was Yuri had actually rode straight to college from her messenger job because of her promise to Hyesung.

 

Without warning, Yoona pulled her sunbae’s arm, walking them both away from the gym.

 

“H-Hey.. What are yo- Wait! They still need me, Im!”

 

“You’ve done enough.”

 

“But I’ve promised Hyesung I’ll help them!”

 

Yoona stopped on her tracks, whipping her head to her sunbae. “No one cares about promises anymore, sunbae!”

 

Yuri was shocked with the outburst. Again, this is the second time Yoona had done it to her but it was a bit different. It looks like Yoona was more… mad at her. None of them spoke anything, making things a bit awkward for them. That is, until Bomi came out again, jogging her way to Yuri.

 

“Unnie, we’re set to go. The guys are waiting for you.”

 

“Ah. Okay, I’ll come-...” But Yoona’s angry eyes got Yuri stucked between them both. “... later, Bomi. Yeah, I’ll do that later.”

 

“Huh? What do you mean, unnie?”

 

“Umm… There’s an emergency and the others kinda need me and Yoona there, so..”

 

“Oh! Why didn’t you tell me earlier? Geez, unnie… You should go there now!”

 

Bomi pushed Yuri towards Yoona’s direction, accidentally making the two bodies meet together in an awkward situation. The freshie took a step back while the other jumps away, clearing from all the awkwardness in the air. Thankfully Bomi didn’t seem to catch the weird air surrounding them.

 

“You don’t have to worry, unnie. We’ll take care of everything. I’ll see you guys later, unnie and Yoona-shi!”

 

Just as soon as Bomi left them, Yoona too took her step, leaving the still confused Yuri behind. Trying to catch up with the freshman (not that she need a lot of effort on that), Yuri debates with herself whether she should ask her what’s wrong or just change the topic to something else like, oh I don’t know. Food?

 

“There’s gonna be all kinds of food stalls available, huh?”

 

Silence.

 

“Umm, I heard from Soo that the Japanese food the seniors are selling are to die for!”

 

Again, the crow caws. Yuri scratched her head, dumbfounded with the freshman’s silent treatment.

 

“So… where are we going actually?”

 

“To shower.”

 

Yuri nodded slowly, only to let out a gasp.

 

“Omo! You mean, us? S-Shower… TOGETHER?!”

 

Yoona turns around, a smack landing on her sunbae’s shoulder. Her face was flushed red from Yuri’s inappropriate thoughts.

 

“Pabo! Of course I meant you! You and you. Alone. Cause you stink.”

 

“Sorry…”

 

They keep on walking in silence, with Yuri brooding over the countless bruises she got resulted from the sudden attack of Yoona while the latter having her mind full of thoughts (of her sunbae of course).

 

“Let’s get some food from that Japanese stall after this.”

 

Yuri smiled, glad that she wasn’t entirely ignored by the girl. “Just said so if you’re hungry.”

 

“I’m just being thoughtful for someone here.” Yoona gave her a short glance, “You haven’t eaten yet, have you?”

 

And just like in cue, the growling sound from the pit of her stomach echoed throughout the place, causing the owner to duck her head in embarrassment. If she had lifted her head by then, she would have caught Yoona’s amused smile.

 

“Shower quickly so we can eat soon.”

 

“Sure, I’ll just splash some water on my face and I’m done.”

 

“Gosh, at least clean yourself properly.”

 

“Why don’t you do the favor for me?” Yuri wiggles her annoying eyebrows, receiving a disgusted face from Yoona.

 

“Hey, want a hug? Since you miss me so much.” Yuri wiggled her eyebrows teasingly, resulting with her hunching in pain from the countless of slaps coming from the disgusted freshman.

 

“Oh, you just touched my sweaty body. I bet your hand smells too, kekeke.”

 

“YAH SUNBAE YOU BETTER SHOWER NOW OR THIS WILL BE THE LAST SHOWER YOU WILL HAVE!”

 

“EEEK OKAY OKAY I’M GOING!!”

 

 

 

----------------------------------------

 

 

 

“Heh, look who’s back with who.” Sooyoung sing-sang, catching attention of the other two Americans as they watch Yoona lead Yuri to their direction.

 

“Unnies! Oh, hi Soo! You’re here too?”

 

“Yeah. That’s a question I can never answer. Why am I here too with these two bullies?”

 

“Cause you love us, that’s why.” Tiffany answered, which Soo responded with a gag, not before catching the stink eye Jessica was giving her. Whipped, Sooyoung thought loudly in her head.

 

“You guys are just in time for the show. Oh, is that food I see?”

 

Before Yuri could even land her bum on her seat, Sooyoung had already snatched the snacks she brought.

 

“Yeah, I totally bought these with you in mind, Soo.” Soo chuckles gleefully with the laser eyes Yuri was giving her.

 

The tanned girl huffed in annoyance, giving up with her bestfriend. It's not that she really wants the food... and she’s not the least a bit hungr-

 

“Here.”

 

“Eh?” Yuri looks up and down between the takoyaki and Yoona’s face.

 

“I don’t like it. It’s disgusting so you take it.”

 

“What? Is it spoilt? But you already ate half of-...”

 

“EAT.”

 

“...-HMMPH!”

 

Yoona shoved the big ball into her sunbae’s mouth, all the while showing no expression whatsoever. Yuri had to slap her chest a few times to swallow the disgustingly, probably rotten, unfresh died octopus into he-

 

“Hey.” Her eyes widen, “This is really good! What do you- MMFF!”

 

Another ball shoved into without warning.

 

“Munch properly, sunbae. You’re gonna choke to death.”

 

“Then, stop shoving- MMM!!!”

 

The other three just watch the scene with their own separate thoughts; Tiffany fully knowing her assumption was totally right after all cause she is the almighty TI to the FANY, whatever that is, Jessica feeling like she can actually do that same trick to Tiffany whenever the girl decided to spout out nonsense for a whole day without taking a breath while Sooyoung.. well, typical shikshin is thinking how nice it is to have those octopus balls going down instead of Yuri’s. She has the longer neck, anyway.

 

“Oh, oh! It’s Hyesung-oppa and his team!”

 

The group cheers and hoots loudly (mainly Sooyoung) when the music starts blaring from the speakers. One by one, the members of the Tae Kwon Do team entered with their amazing acrobatic moves. Everything was going smoothly and perfectly according to their plan, courtesy of Yuri who had choreographed their moves and a bit of dancing. She actually owed Hyesung a lot in the past, that’s why she didn’t mind helping the team at all.

 

Until Hyesung suddenly grabbed the microphone and asked everyone to cheer for the infamous Kwon Yuri for their performance.

 

Yuri wanted nothing than to perform a smack down on him, KO-ing the loud mouth so he can cry in the ICU for a week.

 

“MWOHH? Yul…?” Sooyoung turns to her friend, the latter feeling uneasy with all the eyes falling on her.

 

“Y-Yeah?”

 

“I didn’t know there was another person here with the same name as you.”

 

Thankfully her bestfriend is the dumbest of ‘em all.

 

“No. He’s saying the character in his favourite drama. Kwon Yul-e…?”

 

“Ohhh…”

 

Yoona shook her head with a hand on her forehead, “Is your friend for real, sunbae?”

 

“Just let her be. She’ll get over it soon.” Yuri waved off the freshman when out of nowhere, she felt a pair of eyes watching her from the side.

 

“Jang.”

 

“Huh? What did you say, sunbae?”

 

Yuri quickly snaps her head back to the front, her eyes still glancing at the sneering face of the flower boy. “The show. It was jjang.

 

“Yeah, it was. But it will better if-... where are you going, sunbae?”

 

“Toilet.”

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Yuri’s POV

 

I have a bad feeling. Seriously, my gut is twitching and it’s a no good sign. Might be the takoyaki was indeed spoiled. Damn, that Im… forcing me to eat rotten food for revenge. Okay, actually no it was not about the takoyaki but mostly from Jang’s pair of girly eyes watching me from the sides. Oh my god his gaze gives me the creeps.. BRRRR! I mean, it’s obvious I’m not straight! If you get what I mean..

 

My mind strays to the favour Yoona mentioned earlier. If I’m not mistaken, it might be related to something prohibited in the college ground. But I can’t get suspicious and start thinking out different scenarios that might happen later. Is it related to drugs? No, he won’t stoop that low. Omo, is it pole dancing? Gasp! strippers? MILF?

 

No, no Yuri… you shouldn’t think like that. You’ve got a really erted mind, thanks to Soo. It might just be something light, and my mind just thought of common things people usually do at night. Rated, mostly. Damn that Jang. She’s using Yoona for that work, huh… I better warn Yoona and ask her what the favour really is before things got worse. Now, how to do that?

 

I took in a few deep breaths, trying to calm myself and block out all those erted thoughts. Feeling a lot better, I sat on the grass without worrying if my clothes are gonna get some dirt on them. I heard distant steps from my back when my phone blared out for an incoming call. I grin widely seeing the caller’s name.

 

“Hello? Aigoo, my love~”

 

 

 

Yoona’s POV

 

My love…?

 

Did I heard that right?

 

Somehow, the thought of hearing sunbae calling the person “my love” just left a bitter taste on my tongue. Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t spying on her. I actually followed sunbae when I saw the scorn appearing on her face. It was just for a split second, but I know sunbae was bothered by something.

 

Well, now that I see it, I guess she’s just missing her “love”.

 

I was about to walk away when a hand pulls me back. My breath hitched at the perpetrator.

 

It was sunbae.

 

She was still on her phone, talking painstakingly sweet to the other person. I wanted to make myself disappear, but then I noticed sunbae is still holding my hand firmly, not letting me go.

 

“Hey, princess? I’ll talk to you later, okay? Make sure to eat your dinner, and brush your teeth!” She lets out a loud muah sound before ending the call.

 

The heck?

 

Why would she need to remind her lover to brush her teeth? Is that supposed to be cheesy or what? Oh, I pity whoever decided to date this moronic bike-sunbae.

 

“Brush your teeth? Seriously?”

 

“What? She tends to forget that sometimes.”

 

“For real…? What is she, ten or something?”

 

She shrugs, “It’s common for girls like her.”

 

Okaaay. I don’t think I wanna know more about this love of her cause they both are seriously weirdos.

 

“So what are you doing here?” Yuri gave me a smile, which I responded with a couple of blinks of my eyes.

 

“I didn’t know you need a reason to be here.” I take a few steps ahead, overlooking the field from the steep small hill. “Why are you here, sunbae?”

 

“Just taking some fresh air.” She yawns, stretching her hands, in which one is still holding mine. She must be sleepy right now for not realizing the grip she has on my wrist… or not. She tugs me playfully, motioning me to sit beside her. I reluctantly sat on the still wet grass, making myself comfortable when out of nowhere, her head lands on my shoulder.

 

“Wha-“

 

“Just stay like this for a while,” She yawns again, this time with closed mouth. “I need to rest my eyes.”

 

I glanced at her face, noticing the lines on her face. Oh gosh, she really is old. Her pointy nose is actually cute, makes me want to pinch it just to mess with her.

 

“Stop staring.”

 

My head automatically turns to the view in front, “I- I did not!”

 

She laughs, snuggling deeper into my neck. Yah, that tickles!

 

“Hey.”

 

“W-What?” I tried to brace myself again in case she wants to tease me again, but the effort was futile with my obvious stutter.

 

“What’s with you and promises?”

 

I turn my glance sideways, picking absently on the innocent grass as I think of a believable answer. “Nothing, really.”

 

Wow… that’s really believable, Yoona.

 

“Hmmm…” She hums loudly, her hand joining me in picking the green grass which has shorter life span due to our selfish actions. My eyes scan the place for the gardener who diligently took care of all the plants, including this grass. I can’t imagine being chased by a red-eyed monster with his trident of a leaf rake.

 

“I think you’re right.”

 

“I am?” Is Yuri thinking of hiding from the gardener, too?

 

“Yeah,” she nods her head albeit still perched on my poor about-to-be-stiff shoulder, “Promises are just stupid. They are meaningless words people make for others to feel better. They’re actually empty inside, only decorated by sweet words of nothing for others to believe in.”

 

Oh, right. Who cares about gardener, Yoona!

 

I sneak a glance on sunbae, but her hair is hiding her face. Based on her voice though, I know that she’s saying it from her experience. It was something melancholy, and that feeling is somewhat making my chest clutch in an uncomfortable way.

 

“But you know what?” She raised her head, “Those promises are what actually keep me going. Keep me moving. Keep me… alive.”

 

She gave me that dazzling wide smile again, showing her smile lines. “So you don’t have to worry about making promises or breaking them with me.”

 

Her face inched closer to mine, still with that pretty smile. “I’ll keep them, either way.”

 

Something hard was clenching in my chest, but insted of that uncomfortable feeling, this one seems a bit nice. It feels.. good. But the moment was disturbed when she throws the picked grass leaves like a confetti on the bewildered me, catching me by surprise as she laughs away from my messy appearance.

 

“That was inappropriate.” I gave her a “for real” look, in which she just shrugs and continue laughing her of. I deliberately gave her a hard push, making her roll on the grass.

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Yoona rolled her eyes from the sight of her sunbae. They are on their way back to Sooyoung when Yuri decided to ask Yoona about the favour, making pouting and puppy faces to persuade the unamused girl. The latter presses her palm straight on Yuri’s face, her attention fell on Sooyoung holding a bucket of popcorn and a candy apple in while waving on their direction.

 

“MHFF HHERRR”

 

If Yoona roll her eyes again, she’s afraid they might roll out of her eye socket and start rolling on the ground instead, so she refrains herself. Instead, she gave Sooyoung a smile while stealing a handful of popcorn which the latter happily offered.

 

“Soo!” Yuri stomps her feet childishly, “You didn’t wait for me!”

 

“What? It’s my fault?” The pole scoffed, “Here I am thinking I’m being considerate and decided to sacrifice my love for you by being lonely by myself while thinking I’m giving you two lovebirds a chance to make out somewhere in the bush.” She scoffed again, or more like choke on her popcorn. “Is this it, Yul? This is how you repay me, huh buddy?”

 

Yuri lets out an abashed laugh while scratching her nape while Yoona tries to hide her red face with her long hair, looking anywhere except those two dumdums. Of course, there’s nothing to be ashamed of, they didn’t do exactly what Sooyoung accused them of. Nope, that’s definitely her American unnies she mistaken for. But they did kind of…well, ‘spend time’ together. Yoona almost choked on her spit from the thought, fanning her hot face with her hand when the sight of her lovely unnies appeared on one of the food stall. They are apparently being loud over there, probably arguing with the owner.

 

Geez… Im Yoona to the rescue again.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

Yoona continue walking despite Yuri’s suspicious face, pointing towards Jessica and Tiffany’s direction which had already caused quite a commotion. “I gotta save those two dimwits, sunbae!”

 

Yuri was about to protest but Yoona was already disappearing in the sea of students. She groans to herself, missing the chance to ask what the favour is. Something is weird with Yoona and Yuri can tell it has something to do with the one and only, JGS.

 

“Heyyy, stop pouting. She’s not disappearing forever.” Sooyoung put a hand around her shoulder, poking her cheek teasingly.

 

Yuri gave her a glare, pushing her heavy hand off her shoulder.

 

“Oh, geez.. what’s with everyone and being moody?” Sooyoung grumbles while shoving a handful of popcorn inside her pit of nothingness, aka . “Seriously, this year freshmen week is sooo dull like.. live a little, people!”

 

“Soo, we never had a freshmen week during our time.”

 

“Yeah, we didn’t. That’s what makes it more tragic.” The pole fakes a sob, Yuri wiping a non-existent tear with her sleeve.

 

“I’m really looking forward for the last night of the week, you know?” She nudged Yuri before whispering closer to her ear, “I heard they’re gonna sneak some booze so we can, you know… parteyyhhh!”

 

Sooyoung wiggles her ugly , making Yuri laugh while shoving her friend before a thought pops in her head, “Wait, what did you said, Soo?”

 

“Is the frequency of my voice really that low that you can’t even hear me whispering or you’re just plain deaf?” She gave her an incredulous look.

 

The black bean furiously grabs the tall tree shoulder, shaking them with wide eyes and wide mouth.

 

“Omo, Sooyoung! You’re really brilliant! Why didn’t I think of that?”

 

“Wha…” She gave Yuri a look that screams you’re crazy.

 

“That’s it! Soo, I really love you!!!” Yuri gave her tall friend some wet smooches, the latter frantically wipes her cheek from her bestfriend’s drool, afraid of cooties.

 

“Yah! What are you doing?! Yoona’s gonna get mad at me for making you two-timing her!” But everything fell on deaf ears as Yuri had already jogs away from her.

 

“Hey! Where are you going, Yul?”

 

“Later, Soo! Just go on without me!”

 

She lets out a deep sigh. Seriously, her friend is really deaf. Never answering her questions with the right answers. She shrugs, walking away to grab more food on nearby stalls and be her lonely self again.