You Think You Can Dance?

The Bike Girl [slow update]

They were supposed to be searching for the third year delinquent together, but Yuri decided to do this alone today. She didn’t want to burden people with her unwanted presence and make them feel miserable with her company... like what happened with Yoona yesterday. Crowds of students were walking on the ground below, chatting and shouting to each other, probably thinking about what they’re having for lunch or just gossiping about their stinky classmates or boring lectures.

 

But Yuri wasn’t hearing any of that. Here she is on the rooftop, enjoying the warm breeze of the afternoon air with closed eyes. She had shut herself from the world, the only thing on her mind was the peaceful silent and the wind slapping her cheeks gently. It was the only way for her to calm herself while at the same time communicating with a lost soul. A drop of tear fell on her hand holding the railing.

 

“I miss you, Kyu...”

 

And then, the door banged against the wall, showing the presence of a fuming Im approaching the surprised Yuri. The latter quickly wiped her eyes before putting on her straight face.

 

“What are you doing here?” Yoona pointed a finger at the unamused tanned girl.

 

“Does it look like I’m washing my clothes here, Im?”

 

Yoona rolled her eyes from the reply, “Wait... let me rephrase that. Why are you here? I thought we’re gonna do the searching today.”

 

“Keep it down, Im.” Yuri wore a cautious look as she neared Yoona, “Listen... We don't need to find her anymo-”

 

“Oh, no way I’m keeping this down. Did you know I’ve been searching for you and Sooyoung everywhere? It’s not even helping that I skipped my lunch just to find you! And what do you mean we don’t need to find her anymore?”

 

“Okay, okay… I’m-.. wait. You were looking for me and Sooyoung?”

 

“Are you deaf or you just love to make me repeat my sentence like a fool?” Yoona huffed, her nostrils flaring in anger. “Yeah I was looking for you but I can’t find you in your class so I decided to find your bestfriend-of-a-pole in hope you’re with her but no… she’s nowhere to be found either. Just what is it with you guys hiding from everyone?”

 

“Umm… She’s probably stuffing herself in the cafeteria? You seen any table with lots of food on top?”

 

“What? I did went there but...” Yoona’s mind drifted back to the scene in the cafeteria when she finally remembered a table filled with piles of food with the person’s head drowning in the mountain of lunches. “Oh. Oh gosh…. so that’s… umm her?”

 

“Definitely.” Yuri shrugged like it was a normal thing ever happened to her bestfriend. “So, you were really looking for me? Why?”

 

“What?” Yoona gave her the most incredulous face she could ever make, “Do you even have to ask that? Come on, sunbae... we’re searching for that infamous “Boa”, remember?”

 

“I do. But you’re clearly not enjoying my presence. So why don’t you look for the third year yourself?”

 

“Because I need you!”

 

Yoona was staring straight into the sophomore’s eyes, her words were of frustration and the glint on her eyes were showing no signs of mischief like they always do. Now, it was Yuri’s turn to be speechless of this side of Yoona. She didn’t want to think bad of her but her mind can’t forget the way Yoona snapped at her. It was obvious she didn’t like her… But there are more important things to deal with right now.

 

“Im, you’re being way too loud. Can’t you-” Yuri tried to hushed her but it was too late as another voice had already cut her.

 

“Just when I was about to drift off to dreamland, someone was freely saying my name like she owns it.”

 

Both Yuri and Yoona turned their heads to the owner’s voice, their eyes squinted from the afternoon sun rays blazing behind the person. Yuri smacked her forehead a couple of times from Yoona’s loud outburst. She already knew Boa was sleeping on the rooftop, that’s why she’s been hanging there to wait for the delinquent to wake up so they can have somewhat of a peaceful negotiation. But Yoona just happened to screw her plan and this just makes it harder for the desperate tanned girl.

 

“Oh… is this why we don’t have to find her anymore?”

 

“Yes. Thanks for the inappropriate loud noise, Im.” Yuri squinted her eyes as the freshman sheepishly bowed for an apology.

 

The figure jumped down, landing perfectly on two feet just in front of them. She was beautiful, with deep brown eyes and hazelnut hair, almost like a princess but her eyes screamed danger and death threats. Yoona loudly gulped when their eyes met. This Boa was staring her deeply in the eyes, like she was trying to sized her up with whatever threat Yoona has to offer. The freshman let out the breath she’s been holding after Boa avert her gaze to the unfazed Yuri.

 

“I thought you’re out for good.”

 

“I have my reasons to come back.”

 

Boa let out an amused snicker, “And what? Waste another year here, Kwon? Don’t you learn anything?”

 

“It’s because I’m learning from my mistakes that I’m here again.”

 

A twitch appeared on her forehead from Yuri’s retort. She crossed her arms with a deep scowl on her face before taking a step towards Yuri. “You know he’s a waste of your time.”

 

“I’m not here for him. I’m here for myself.” Yuri too took another step closer too, staring deeply into her eyes. “And you, Boa... should do that too.”

 

Feeling slightly intimidated, she grabbed Yuri’s collar with a hiss. “Don’t order me around like you know me, Kwon.”

 

“We’re never in good terms, Boa. Not that I mind it…” Yuri keep her gaze on the shorter girl, trying to send her good intention across the stubborn girl with what she’s trying to say after. “... but I made a promise to her. A promise concerning her bestfriend that she holds very dearly in her heart.”

 

“Like I said, Kwon.” Boa was gritting her teeth from anger, her chokehold was starting to strangle Yuri. “Stop saying things like you know me.”

 

“I don’t. But she did, Boa… you should’ve seen how much she cherished you.”

 

Yoona carefully keep her distance from the two, their aura contrasting with each other in a menacing swirls. She can see Yuri was struggling to breath properly but she was keeping her calm, not wanting to pour oil into the burning fire. Yuri was foolish, but Yoona knew whatever she do to intervene would only make things worse than it is. She was about to ask for some help when Boa suddenly backed away with a smirk while raising both hands. Seeing Boa keeping her guards down, Yuri made herself relaxed too, rubbing her choking neck but still watching the third year with wary.

 

“What do you want from me?”

 

“The one thing he took away from you.” Yuri can see Boa’s hand twitching, her eyes watching expectantly with wavering breath. She knows this might bleed an old scar, but it’s what she needs to do to get her friend back. To give Boa what she truly deserves.

 

“What?”

 

“They need you back at the club.”

 

Laughter filled the roof as Boa hunched down on her stomach, giggling like a mad man like Yuri just said the greatest joke ever. Yoona, on the other hand, couldn’t quite grasp what actually happened between these two but the way Boa was laughing at her sunbae just tested the limit of her patience.

 

“What’s so funny?” Yoona asked, her face could almost resemble a tiger. It wasn’t just Boa, Yuri was surprised too with Yoona’s boldness. She didn’t expect Yoona would in, especially with the rumored delinquent.

 

“The dance club wants you as their member. Is it that funny?”

 

“What’s more funny is I don’t even know who the hell you are.”

 

Yoona regained her posture, clearing at the same time. “I’m Im Yoona, a first year.”

 

“Does it look like I care what your name is, newbie?”

 

Yoona let out a sigh to calm herself as she continue introducing herself, “I’m one of the representative of the Student Council and it is my duty to make sure that you are to be joining the dance club by this instant.”

 

Boa gave a long glance to the quiet Yuri; the latter rubbing her nape nervously. She harshly pulled Yuri’s collar again, the latter almost choking from the abrupt pull.

 

“Is this some kind of a joke, Yuri?” Yuri was trying to avoid Boa’s angry eyes but she knows the latter deserve an explanation. “So it’s not about “him”, huh? I thought you’ve moved on but in fact you were still drowning in the past. Tch… you’re just all talk, Yuri.”

 

“I have my reasons, Boa. Could you please get your head straight and act like a grown up for once? Just… listen to me first!”

 

Seeing Yuri’s determined face with her pleading eyes, Boa clicked her tongue before releasing the tanned girl, making her stumble on her feet. “I’m giving you 10 seconds to give me a good, unquestionable, solid reason or I’ll beat you up into a pulp.”

 

“Wait, that’s not enough time!”

 

“Nine…”

 

Yoona quickly pushed Yuri aside, taking things her own way.

 

“The dance club is having a dance competition the same day they need to perform at the freshman welcoming week but with the lack of members, they need to choose only one unless they have more members, which is why they needed you, Boa-sunbaenim.”

 

“Time’s up. Is that all?”

 

Seeing the unfazed expression of Boa, Yuri voiced out in desperation in hopes she would reconsider the offer. “Please, Boa… Can you at least help them? For her? Just do the performance on the freshman week for the dance club. That’s all.”

 

Boa’s jaw tightens as Yuri once again mentioned the said person. She waited, before jutting her chin at the tanned girl. “Why don’t you?”

 

“You know I don’t dance, Boa…” Yuri averted her gaze elsewhere which didn’t go unnoticed by the third year. She knows Yuri was just trying to avoid the subject, especially with a newbie here who’s face was so confused with everything.

 

“Nonsense. You got the talent, Yuri. You know that.”

 

“No, I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Yuri took a peek at the freshman, making sure her stupid acting is not as obvious as she is in front of Boa.

 

“Oh, really…” Boa made a thinking pose before giving Yuri a wide evil grin. The sophomore knows she’s up to no good but she’s got no choice either way. Besides, the dance club was also known for their cunning moves in getting new members, courtesy of the previous leader. “I think I’ll join the club.”

 

“You will?!”

 

“IF!” Boa turned to the tanned girl already squirming in anxiety. “If you can beat me in a dance battle, Yuri.”

 

“HELL NO!”





 

----------------------






 

They sit on the bench in silence; one is munching on her sunbae’s packed lunch while the other is being bothered by the dance battle she’ll be doing in another 3 hours. Boa had left them to snatch someone’s lunch downstairs and told them to meet at the dance club room later for their duel. Thankfully they don’t have anymore class for today. Wanting to break the awkward quietness between them, Yoona started asking questions while eating her late lunch.

 

“So… you can dance?”

 

“No.”

 

She nodded, “Okay… but you do know how to dance, right?”

 

“No…?” Yuri raised a brow before letting out a loud huff.

 

“Um, alright.” Yoona scratched her head with full, “So why is she challenging you to a dance battle then?”

 

“Because…” Yuri contemplated on whether she should tell Yoona the truth. Things were much more complicated and telling the freshman everything would only make things more confusing and weird. She didn’t need to know the true story of what happened before, Yuri thought.

 

“Aishh! Screw this!”

 

Yoona almost threw the lunch box in the air from Yuri’s abrupt outburst. She was deeply stressed by this and the doe-eyed girl can’t think of anything to cheer up the bike-sunbae. She picked up a rolled omelette, wanting to feed her sunbae since she hasn’t had her lunch. Oh yeah, she’s eating them… that’s why.

 

“Sunbae, say aaaah~”

 

“What? You want me to practice singing now? FYI, It’s a dance battle, Im.”

 

“Aishh…” Yoona rolled her eyes from Yuri’s silly remark. “Just open your mouth.”

 

Not really in any mood to start any fight, Yuri complied half-heartedly, only to get herself choked by the sudden shoving of the rolled omelette into .

 

“Urrk!!” She coughed a couple of times while Yoona let out a big-mouthed laugh from seeing Yuri’s face.

 

“Oh gosh you should’ve seen your face just now, sunbae. It was funny!”

 

“Hey! How many times I’ve been choked today?! Aishh.. I could’ve died you know.”

 

“Better die choking than starving to death.”

 

“What?” Yuri snorted, “What kind of logic is that?”

 

“The great Im Yoona’s way to survive!” Yoona made a thumbs up gesture with a proud grin.

 

“What’s so great about it?”

 

“You’re dying with food stuck in your throat instead of having none. In the afterlife, you’ll still have food in your throat so you won’t get hungry like the man who died starving. He’ll starve forever even after he died.”

 

The explanation was so illogical that Yuri was now lying on her back, laughing from Yoona’s moronic way of an afterlife survival guide.

 

“Hey… I was being serious.”

 

“So-sorry! Ahahaha… that was j-just… I can’t ev-... hahaha!”

 

Yoona was wearing a deep pout before it turned into a smile because she managed to make her sunbae laugh because of her stupid joke. At least she’s not grumbling and talking to herself all the time like a crazy person.

 

“Yah, yah! You’re enjoying this too much, sunbae!” Yoona helped her sunbae to sit back properly while the latter still had a few giggles left in .

 

“Sorry, sorry!” Yuri took a deep breath, a wide grin plastered on her face. “I don’t think anyone could think up of anything weird like that except you.”

 

“Sorry I was raised like this.” Yoona mockingly rolled her eyes before slapping the still laughing Yuri. They both took a deep breath, Yoona continue eating the lunch box while sometimes feeding her bike-sunbae.

 

“Sunbae…”

 

“Yesh?” Yuri absentmindedly replied while munching the food in , sometimes stealing a piece of vegetables Yoona put aside. It wasn’t because she didn’t eat them, but Yuri’s cooking was horrible, is what she claimed. Yuri knows she was just making excuses to make Yuri eat them for her. Such a kid...

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

Yuri continued picking up the leftover peas on her lunch box. “What for?”

 

“I didn’t mean to act like a cranky old lady to you yesterday. I didn’t mean to yell and said those harsh words at you...”

 

“I know.”

 

Yoona turned to her sunbae in surprise, “Y-You.. you do?”

 

“Everyone has their own bad days.” The tanned girl shrug, giving Yoona a grin. “It’s just… you’re at a wrong time with a wrong person that time. That’s all.”

 

She was still munching her food, but with that lopsided grin, she just looked silly from Yoona’s point of view. Silly because she knows her sunbae was just trying to stop Yoona from blaming herself, even though she’s the one that’s been hurt by Yoona’s craps.



 

How can someone be so cold towards others but be so understanding at the same time?

 

Because they’ve gone through a lot of things that made them who they are today.

 

What do you mean?

 

Exactly what I meant!

 

Aisshh… stop talking in riddles!

 

I’m not! You’re just too dumb to understand a simple thing.

 

Tch… You’re being really helpful today, devil.

 

Hey! I’m always helpful. You’re the one too blind to see my kindness… hmph!




 

POOF!




 

Wait.. where are you going? Aiishhh…

 


 

“Look, Yoona… I don’t want to make you feel stressed or miserable because you have to work with me. Yesterday, with the way you were acting, I can say you’ve been trying so hard to keep up with my attitude. I’m sorry for treating you in a harsh way.”

 

“What? No, sunbae-” Yuri quickly interject her with a raise of her hand.

 

“I’ve decided... if you feel like wanting to do things on your own without my help, then I understand. I mean, you were really cool when you faced Boa... even I was surprised!”

 

It was a smile, alright… but Yoona can sense the pain hidden behind that tight smile. How can she not notice this? That she has been hurting Yuri yesterday with her mood swings? It wasn’t even her sunbae’s fault. Well, she’s partly involved but she didn’t even know it.

 

“It was all because you’re always beside me, sunbae.”

 

“Nah…I believe Im Yoona can do this alone like she always said. Right?” Yuri reached out for a piece of seaweed from the box on Yoona’s lap when the latter suddenly grabbed her hand with a tight grip. Astonished, her head whipped up, only to be met with a teary-eyed Yoona.

 

“You said it before, sunbae. You can’t let me do this alone… didn’t you?”

 

Again, it was the same eyes she saw earlier when Yoona screamed that she needed her and woke up the troublemaker. She felt suffocated in her chest, as if something was trying to make its way out of . She can’t comprehend the feeling, and it confused her more than it already is. For Yoona, she was not sure why she acted like this. It was like a desperate attempt of saying she didn’t want Yuri to go and leave her alone. Like how she missed Yuri’s warmth when she was released from the hug that night, that’s how she was feeling right now. It scared her, but it scared her more knowing she might not be spending time with Yuri anymore after this.

 

The corner of Yuri’s lips lifted into a dorky grin as she patted the doe-eyes head. “Someone is getting too attached with her sunbae, isn’t it?”

 

“No, I’m not! You’re such a bad sunbae to get attached to…” Yoona pushed the hand gently her head away to hide her blush. It was only a friendly gesture, but Yoona can feel something else growing inside her.

 

“I’m a bad sunbae? Really now...?”

 

“Yes, you are! You’re a bad sunbae for calling me Yoona then calling me Im after.” Yoona stuck out her tongue at Yuri’s dumbfounded face.

 

“I… did?” Yuri blinked a few times, “Yah! You’re bluffing, right?”

 

“Tch! You really called me Yoona, Yuri-sunbae~”

 

“Yah! Then... why are you still calling me sunbae?”

 

“Cause I wanted to! Kekeke..”

 

“Aishh.” Yuri scoffed in amusement from Yoona’s childish retorts. “I take back that "Yoona" since you don’t deserve it... IM.”

 

“WAEYOOO~??” Yoona whined like a little girl, stomping her feet like a kid. Yuri made a pondering face before smacking her palm on the freshman’s forehead.

 

“Cause I wanted to~ Ha! Take that back, Im!”

 

“You’re evil, sunbae! The most evil sunbae on this planet!”

 

“But you’re the evillest freshman I’ve ever met, though... ” Yuri’s face was serious like she really mean it but before she can even let out a laugh, Yoona was fast enough to stuffed a large rice ball into her sunbae’s already open wide mouth.

 

“HMMMPH!!!”

 

“HAHAHA! No one mess with the renowned choding Im Yoona, sunbae!”

 

“Uhuk uhuk… Yah! I’ll get you later, IM!”

 

“I can’t wait, sunbaeee~!!!”






 

----------------







 

Yuri’s POV




 

It’s the fifth time I’m practicing my dance to this song but it felt wrong. So wrong that I think I’m not gonna make it. I need some kind of distraction, but all these people starting to fill up the dance room is not helping at all. Why are they even here in the first place?! And what’s with Sooyoung and her dancing? It’s weird and… and… Oh my god I’m not doing that!

 

“Do it like this, Yul. Come on, follow me! You’ve done this before in the shower, right?”  

 

“She did?” Yoona intervened as she too was forced to practice with Sooyoung. Something about being the best dance teacher in the college, as Soo claimed.

 

“No I did not! And I’m not doing that!”

 

“Oh, don’t be such a spoilsport. It’s easy, just do it like this...” Sooyoung started waving her hands like she’s about to break them any second now.

 

“I think I can get the feel of this song.”

 

“Yeah, yeah… do it like you’re pushing away people from your sight. Go right, left. Use both hands! Now smack that kid!”

 

What the heck are they doing…? I can’t even understand how these two can clicked together.

 

“Oh, oh! I got this! I got this!”

 

“That’s it! Now make it look like you’re jogging in place…”

 

Watching these two more enthusiastic people dancing beside me was more exhausting than doing the actual dancing. I plopped down on the floor to take a short break, my mind still worried with Soo’s choice of music. “Are you really sure this is a good song, Soo?”

 

“What are you talking about? This is the best ever song that is the most appropriate to your situation right now, Yul.”

 

“Dude, this is a love song and I’m not even in love! It doesn’t suit me at all!”

 

Soo put a hand around my neck which I find it not helping at all in easing my nerves. “Oooh~ You’ll never know when you’re already in love, mah bradah!”

 

I pushed Sooyoung away, wanting to get some alone time to myself. I can see Victoria eyeing me from the side with a hopeful smile on her face. Great… Everyone’s expectation is on me right now. It’s either I win or I win. Nothing else. But I’m facing Boa, the queen of Pop! How can I defeat her if all her life she’s been popping around?

 

“You want me to pop your bones too, Yuri?”

 

I almost got startled when Boa suddenly appeared in front of me, standing oh so mighty with her y dance attire. Pshh… like that’s gonna make me scared. I got up on my feet, my confidence kicked back in as I towered over her in terms of height.

 

“I prefer a hand massage, if that’s what you meant.”

 

“Heh… I can’t wait to see your dance, Yuri.”

 

I was about to retort back when Soo came to my rescue, “Oh, you’ll be amazed with Yul’s...” Sooyoung twirled around while whipping her short hair. “... wicked moves. Oh yeah~”

 

“Whatever.” Boa gave her a weird look before walking away to prepare for her dance.

 

“Wait, Boa!” She turned around to face me with her bored expression, “I know you can’t forget what he did… it’s unacceptable. But can’t you at least come back to the club?”

 

“Tell me the truth, Yuri… Why did you leave?” I ducked my head from Boa’s penetrating eyes, the pair of brown orbs that can read through a person’s mind if she wanted to. “Because you can’t forgive yourself… am I right?”

 

“It has been 2 years already, Boa…”

 

“Time can leave me stuck here for all I care. I have no intention of moving on...” Boa turned around but not before stating her resolve. “... if moving on requires me forgiving that bastard. To hell with him.”

 

I let out a deep sigh as I watched Boa’s back disappearing behind another door. I don’t know of any other way to convince her to change back to the person she was. Except for dancing… that’s the only hope I have right now. If I can bring back the meaning of dancing to her, of how much she enjoyed moving her body around, then I guess I’ve done my part for her.

 

“What are you frowning about?”

 

“Whoaa!” I jumped when Yoona appeared beside me. “What’s with everyone popping up from nowhere?”

 

“I was here the whole time, sunbae. Don’t be so dramatic…” Yoona rolled her eyes before nudging me, “They’re waiting for you, sunbae. It’s gonna start soon. Are you ready?”

 

I nodded, biting my lip with a determined face before puffing out air from my mouth. “Let’s do this!”

 

“HOLD IT!”

 

“What the....”

 

“The party’s not starting without my presence, dudettes!”

 

My jaw was slacking open as two most unwanted people appeared from my sides, hanging their arms uninvited by my neck and waist. Wait… did the red head just wrap her arm around my waist? That’s… YAH that’s a harassment!

 

“HEY! Hands off, you Americans!” I scurried away from their holds, afraid if they’re up to no good while holding me in their grip. Tiffany just rolled her eyes at me while the blonde was giving the same unfazed face, her hand still hanging in air before pulling me back by to the previous spot.

 

“Hey! I sai… EEP! GULP.” She gave me the cold stare while I stood beside her like the pole she wanted me to be to rest her hand.

 

“So what’s happening here?”

 

“We’re having a dance battle, Ppany-unnie.” Yoona chided.

 

“What for?”

 

“Oh, someone wants to humiliate sunbae here.”

 

I really wanted to punch the punk if I’m not frozen in place by the ice devil. “YAH! That’s not it!”

 

“Oh, oh! Sounds fun~! Can I join too?”

 

I turned to the chirpy Ppany or whatever her name is, “Join what?”

 

“Making fun of you, of course.” The blondie replied with a small smirk.

 

“Hey, hey! This is no-”

 

Just as I thought my bestfriend would save me from this sudden ruckus, Sooyoung decided to be the biggest traitor of a friend. “What’s this? Did I heard right about forming a dance group? Count me in, ladies!”

 

“I’m not talking to you, flagpole.”

 

 

 

“I’m not talking to you either, you ice- EEEP!!”

 

 

 

“Yah! Stop screaming on my ears!” The ice princess shoot glares at both of us before rolling her eyes. “Let’s go, Fany-ah.. I want to take my nap.”

 

The longest sigh of relief was about to be released by me when she decided to leave the place, only to be blocked by her counterpart.

 

“Nuh-uh. We’re staying here, Jess.”

 

Jessica scoffed, “You’re not really serious about joining them, aren’t you?”

 

Tiffany just stood there with a slight nod. “Of course we are.”

 

For the first time I can actually see the blondie eyes widening instead of the small slit of laser about to shoot out from her small pupil. And what’s more? The pairs are of terror, I tell you.

 

“You’re not dragging me into this, Tiff! I’ve told-”

 

“Please?” And there goes the ugly puppy face again. “Just this once?”

 

“NO! I’m not gonna surrender, Fany! Don’t you dare!”

 

“Fine.” The latter pouted before a devious smile formed on her face. “I guess the bed belongs to me for a week.”

 

“No. Way.”

 

“Yes way, Jess.” Tiffany winked at her defeated partner before turning to us. “Now, you! If you want this to work, you’ve gotta listen to me.”

 

“Mwoh? Why should-”

 

“HUSH! Zip the mouth, blackie.” She made a hand motion, effectively silencing me. I turned my attention to Yoona deeply sighing at her unnie’s antics.

 

“This better be good, unnie.”

 

“Oh it will, honey. Just wait and see.”








 

-----------------------






 

The sound of piano started playing as I pretended to be pressing the keys on the study table. Oh god, it hasn’t even starting yet but I can already feel how embarrassing this is.


 

It’s all about the opening act, Yul! You gotta show them your feelings!


 

Feelings my ! I felt like I’m about to puke with the lyrics. If this is Sooyoung’s way of playing one of her pranks on me, I’ll make sure she can’t taste any food for a whole week.


 

umjigil su eobseo wae

naneun mugeowojyeo gagiman hae

ne mam guseoge nohyeojin chae

nohin chae Yeah


 

I got on top of the wobbly table with my trembling legs, hiding my obvious fear of heights with my serious face. It’s all about emotions, that red head said. Well, if I ever accidentally fall down from dancing on this cramped, shaky little table, I’ll put all my frustrated emotions on her.



 

naneun jichyeoga

na honjaseoman kkumeul kkugo innabwa

sege heundeureo nareul kkaewojugenni

kkaewojugenni I’m Trapped I’m Trapped



 

Everyone was clapping with my dance, their faces were at awe as they stared at me with open mouths. They must’ve been shocked, weirded out at least since I was dancing alone like a retard. Screw it! I just need to follow the routine practice and let my body do the thing. If not, I don’t know how to face the humiliation after this ended.

 

I was practically letting my body moved on its own, the beat unconsciously made my limbs swaying and flailing together with the rhythm. I was actually starting to enjoyed it when out of nowhere, Sooyoung and Yoona jumped in.

 

“Whooo~!!! Here comes SooMin!”



 

neowa nan ireoke

dallajyeo ganeunde

neoui kkeuchi eomneun yoksime

geu yoksime



 

What the heck, Soo? Who the hell is SooMin anyway? It’s not even in the plan! I keep my face still while trying to focus on the next moves I should do with the sudden interruption by my bestfriend and Yoona. But I gotta admit... They got some slick moves there. Oh well, at least I don’t look crazy enough to be dancing all by myself.

 

The dance went smoothly as we move in sync with each other together with the fan chants from Soo’s fangirls who came from nowhere.


 

“Sooyoung-sunbae!!! I love youuu!”

 

“Marry me, sunbae!”

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCKK SOOOYOOOUNNGG SUNBAAAEEEE AAAAAAACK!!!”


 

Oh god that pterodactyl scream almost made me deaf, it even drowns the music for a second there. She should be banned from going to any concert or the people around her will die of high frequency deafness. I took my time catching my breath as the interlude came. But not my before I catch my second breath, the red head invited herself to the stage unashamedly while pulling the grumpy blondie to stand in between us.

 

“Yah, yah! Go to your places!” She whispered to us, frantically trying to find her spot.

 

“Uh… what am I doing again?”

 

“That thing! Do that move, blondie! Push those people away and smack that kid!”

 

I don’t know what Sooyoung was talking about but the weirded out ice princess just follow whatever she was told to do, doing whatever she wanted to do with her hand, as long as they move...



 

neol itgo sipeo (neol itgo sipeo)

naragago sipeo (naragago sipeo)

neol naeryeonoko (neol naeryeonoko)

jayuropgo sipeo (jayuropgo sipeo)




 

Surprisingly, we complement well with each other… until Sooyoung decided to make it like her own live show as she started bumping and swaying her hips in the most exaggerated way ever. Not to mention, the red head joined her too. Wait, are they doing a match between themselves? Aishh! I mentally face-palmed since this should be my dance battle with Boa. It’s unmistakeable now… that I’ve just embarrassed myself in front of these people. I slowly walked away from the scene with Yoona in tow, that Jung already gone to I-do-not-care wherever.

 

“That was great, sunbae! You really are a great dancer! Well… probably because me and the others were in it so it adds up to the great performance. Kekeke..”

 

“That was an epic fail! Do you even remember why we do this in the first place?”

 

“Oh, come on! It’s not really that bad… I saw Boa widely smiling while watching us. That’s a good sign, eh?”

 

“That was a smile of mockery, mind you.” I flatly said as my eyes followed Boa’s figure approaching the still dancing Sooyoung and Americano girl there to get them off the makeshift platform. She got herself on the platform after successfully chasing the weirdos away, signalling to the crew that she’s ready.

 

Eat You Up.

 

I remember this song. It was significant to Boa; it’s her trademark song when she was still in the dance club. She was known as the college Pop Dance Queen, once upon a time that is. She can do all sorts of dance type, but this song was the one that suits her best. She’s the only one that can perform the dance perfectly without any mistakes. I can still vividly remember her face as she performed it, the satisfaction and pride she bring along with the different emotions plastered on her face together with her sharp and strong but graceful movements. She enjoyed dancing a lot, her feelings also affected her audience's emotions.

 

But all of that crumbled down when she was stripped off of her position as the president and was excluded from all performances and competitions... all because of a baseless accusation made by that guy. Speaking of him, why do I feel like he’s somewhere here in this room? Don’t tell me…

 

I whipped my head around, searching for his face among the spectators. I was right… He was watching quietly by the sidelines, like the coward he is. This is bad. I can’t let Boa see him or else…

 

“Yuri-sunbae? Where are yo-.. Hey!”

 

I ignored Yoona as I quickly made my way to his spot. But I was too late. The music suddenly stopped, grumbling and booing sound filled the room. Unamused, Boa got off the platform, making her way to the same direction I was going. Like Moses splitting the Red Sea into two, the crowds also separated to make way for Boa. She approached him with a smirk, the latter mirroring her action.

 

“Still prefer hiding in the dark, Jang?”

 

“I don’t want to catch unwanted attention. It will only disturb your show, Boa.”

 

“Quit it with the act. I know why you’re here.”

 

“Exactly. I hope you’re not trying anything funny on my back, Dance Queen.”

 

“Oh, as a matter of fact. I was thinking of doing something…” Boa closed the distance between their faces, her face clearly showing how much she loathed him. “...only, it’s not on your back. I’m not a chicken like someone here.”

 

The flower boy scoffed, unmoved by Boa’s remark. She wears a wide smirk as she motioned for Victoria. The latter got to her side, presenting a membership form of the dance club. Obviously wanting to get on his nerves, Boa showed him the form filled with her names and signature below.

 

“You told me once that I’m not qualified enough to be the leader of my team for the trouble I caused which… I really didn’t do. Well, let me tell you something…” She got dangerously close to his side to whisper on his ear, her hand holding his shoulder with a tight grip. “I don’t care if I’m the leader or not. I enjoyed dancing and that’s what I’m gonna do, whether you like it or not… President Jang.”

 

She patted him on his shoulder a few times before turning around, with her hair flipping on his face while handing out her membership form to Yoona. Jang Geun Seuk laughed while clapping his hands loudly as he walked out of the dance room, leaving everyone flabbergasted. The freshman was at a loss with what’s going on, giving me a look asking for an explanation. I heaved a sigh, rubbing my forehead in exasperation.

 

Looks like things are going to get messy soon.

 

 

 
 
 
 

A/N: I AM DEEPLY SORRY FOR GOING MIA IN SUCH A LONG TIME *deep bows* 

But to make up for it, here's a long chapter for you guys and more mind-twisting mysteries to be solved by y'alls hahahaha (i'm mean, I know) 

Enjoy, guys and thanks for still putting up with my horrible fics that probably might get updated twice a year (hopefully not) T_T

Ps: The song of Yul's embarassing group dancing to is Henry's Trap.