What's my name?

The Bike Girl [slow update]

A kid was absent-mindedly watching the sky on the balcony of his home, trying to locate the constellations he just learned at school today. But all he can connect was the Big Dipper and Orion’s belt, lost was his body and bow. Everything else was just a blur for him. Frustrated with the non-existent stars on the sky, the kid decided to watch the quiet road while waiting for his father to come back home. The night was calm with chirping of crickets, the roaring of car’s engine sometimes passing through made him excited but frowned after the cars passed through his house.

 

Just then, the sight of a figure wearing a backward cap with a black, neon green hoodie on a bicycle caught his eyes from the end of the road. The kid squinted his eyes to see clearly but soon opened them as wide as he can as the cyclist rushed past his home in a flash. He blinked a few times with a dumbfounded face, only to yelled in excitement after a few seconds of trying to register the scene into his dumb head.

 

“Wooohooo!!! That was AWESOME!”

 

The shout echoed through the silent night, Yuri smiling proudly from the kid’s fascination. She had just finished delivering the last package, coming back from a secluded alley a few blocks away from where she is right now. Since the place creeped her out too much, added with a few angry dogs suddenly barking and howling, Yuri put all of her strength in her cycling, the speed equivalent to a fast-moving motorcycle. She’s not planning to reduce her speed since the road in this neighborhood is always empty at this time of the night.

 

After a few blocks, she reached the suburb area. The place is filled with people walking on the side road, unlike the quiet road earlier. She stopped in front of a small building, greeting the good-looking man in a courrier uniform.

 

“Ahjusshi, I’m back!’

 

“Aigoo, how many times do I have to tell you, Yuri? Call me oppa! I’m only a few years older than you.”

 

“But you always act like a sleazy old man. It suits you.”

 

“Aahhh... you’re breaking my heart, Yuri.”

 

“Here.” Not minding the feigned hurting face, Yuri placed a walkie-talkie and a clipboard on the counter.

 

“Always doing things diligently eh, Yuri-shi?” He scanned the clipboard, nodding before placing the returned equipments back where it belonged.

 

“Just give me the payment.”

 

“Sure…” He teasingly waved the brown parcel filled with wons, much to Yuri’s chagrin. “Only if you agree to go out with me.”

 

“Oh, just in time, Boss! Heechul won’t give me my money! And he flirts with me, too...” Yuri pointed to the accused with a pout, complaining to the non-existent person called Boss.

 

“W-what… He’s still here?!” He turned around, “It wasn’t like that, Boss! I was jus-”

 

She quickly snatched the small envelope while the other dumbfounded with the empty space behind him. The boss wasn’t even there; he finally remembered the bulky guy going home earlier.

 

“Yah! You rascal-”

 

“Thank you for tonight!” She disappeared behind the closed door, leaving Heechul grunting by himself for getting fooled that easily.

 

Usually Yuri would glide along with the cars on the busy road, but not tonight. She spotted a night stall a few miles to her right, the image of an angry ahjusshi popping in her head. She bought one take-away and a bottle of soju as her peace offering before making her way to the park.
 

She slowly approached a small cabin, checking for the whereabouts of the old ahjusshi. After making sure the line is clear, Yuri quickly put the take-away bag in front of the cabin’s door, not before organizing the content in her own presentable way. Yuri bolted out of the park with a satisfied grin on her face.

 

“May this peace offering brings you good health and long-lasting patience for the coming days, ahjusshi.”


 

 

----

 


 

Three girls stepped out of the red car to the cold night. One was mumbling of how hungry she is, the other two communicating in a foreign language while clinging to each other.

 

Well… more like the other’s too attached to her friend.

 

“Are you sure you wanna eat ice cream right now, Tiff?”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Cause it’s already past 10 and you’ve been clinging on me since we stepped out of the house. Are you cold?”

 

Jessica was reaching out for Tiffany’s hand for warmth but the latter winced.

 

“What are you doing?” She hissed.

 

“I was trying to warm you up.”

 

“Like warming up, “warming up” or just warming up my hands?”

 

“Gosh…” Jessica rolled her eyes from Tiffany’s ert mind, “You looked cold! Now give me that!”

 

“Nooo!!! I don’t want to hold your cold hands!”

 

To say she wasn’t hurt by the words was a bull, but Jessica kept her stoic face. She pulled away, her feet moving in haste from the confused girl.

 

“Jessi? Hey, Jessi wait up!”

 

Yoona didn’t understand a word they said, but she can assume that they’re fighting. She knew she shouldn’t interrupt their love quarrel so Yoona kept some distance behind them just to make sure she won’t get involved later to be their peacemaker. Her eyes observed the new place while searching for a stall that might appease her growling stomach.

 

The three of them were newcomers to this side of the town, coming from Seoul for their new college. It was supposed to be Yoona alone at first, but a request from her father had her towing the American girls together. She wasn’t sure what made Tiffany held back a year; she was supposed to be in the same class as Jessica. Her father only said about a Jung getting a transfer on her chosen college, not a package of Gossip Girls corrupting her conservative life.

 

“I wanted to be the one giving you warmth, Jessi. Since you’re always cold...”

 

“You’ve already melt me since the first day we met, Tiffany.”

 

Yoona caught her unnies’ sweet words, spoken perfectly in her mother tongue. Instead of thinking how nice it sounded, she thought of the logical way.

 

Won’t it be the same either way? Cold met warm, warm met cold. The result is melting… right?

 

Her focus in science class was pretty bad in high school and the deduction only made her head hurt and stomach rumbling loudly. The couple snorted.

 

“Yoona-yah! Let’s eat here in this stall.”

 

“Weren’t you craving for ice cream earlier, Ppany-unnie?”

 

“I was, but running after Jessi made me hungry.”

 

“Excuses, PigFany. Excuses.” Jessica said mindlessly, earning a slap on her arm.

 

“You’re buying me everything available in that stall, Jessi! That’s your punishment.”

 

“Aishh, this girl… That’s why they called you a pig.” The blonde received a glare, sighing in defeat. “Arasso, arasso!”

 

The scene was too awkward for Yoona, but somewhere in her heart she’s been hoping, wishing she can be like this two. To be loved and appreciated by the most important person to you. How she wished she will meet her soulmate soon…preferably here, where her new life is beginning with a new page in this new town.

 

She deeply sighed, "How romantic~"



 

WHOOSH!



 

Startled, Yoona turned her head to direction of that fast moving thing. A slim figure, deduced as a female by the pony tail under a cap, just whizzed passed her in a speeding bicycle. She was fast, already reaching the end of the block while Yoona squinted her eyes to see properly.

 

“Yoona! What are you still doing there? Come sit here!”

 

“Someone nearly hit me with a bicycle, unnie.”

 

“What?! Are you hurt, Yoona? Did you catch the culprit?” Tiffany gasped, a certain face emerged in her head like a sore thumb. “Don’t tell me… it was that girl? Oh no! So she’s stalking you now? That crazy girl…”

 

Yoona giggled from Tiffany’s overreaction, “Unnie, stop it. I’m really fine, see?” Yoona made a cute pose. “But I didn’t catch the face. She was too fast, I don’t know if it was really a female or not.”

 

“If I ever find out who that person is, I’ll never let him go!”

 

“Ppany-unnie, you should stop holding grudges on people. And that goes for you too, Sica-unnie. It will make you guys age faster.”

 

“Wae?! Who in the world would tell you ridiculous things like that?”

 

“Uhhh… my high school friend?” Yoona paused to memorize the forgotten name, “But seriously, unnie… you should let go of the past. It wasn’t anyone’s fault, to be honest.”

 

“Oh my, is this about… Yoona, don’t tell me.” The red hair pointed with a teasing smile, “Oh Em Gee! Are you defending that dark girl, Yoona?”

 

“Hehhh… You like her, don’t you?”

 

Yoona feigned ignorance to the teasings, shrugging absent-mindedly. “She intrigues me, that’s all.”

 

Her unnies shared knowing looks. Jessica decided to change the subject, the teasing can continue later after their thorough observation of this reserved but upbeat girl.

 

“Yoona, you’re only here for a few days but people are hitting on you every day… even strangers in the middle of the night.”

 

“You mean, literally. Right, Sica-unnie?” Yoona sighed, “What can I do... My beauty is something even I can’t handle properly by myself.”

 

“Aigoo… this girl and her obnoxious self.” Jessica patted her back, proud of Yoona’s humble retorts. “Alright! Get whatever you want, Yoona. It’s on me tonight!”

 

“For real, unnie?” Her eyes shone at the mention of all-you-can-eat-for-free food.

 

“As real as my icy glares!”

 

“Hey! What about me, Jessi?”

 

“You can eat me later all night long, all for free.” Jessica her lips suggestively with a wink, the other replying with a deep purr.

 

“Grrr… I can’t wait.”

 

“Yah, yah! Don’t let me puke on empty stomach, unnies! Let me eat first!”

 

“Mwo? You want to eat us first, Yoona?”

 

“I meant the food! THE FOOD!”

 

They let out a loud laugh from the younger’s blushing face. Yoona ignored them both, yelling for the ahjumma’s attention for her late-night snack/dinner. With a full stomach, Yoona was sure she would fall asleep immediately once they reached home. Or else, she had to suffer endless nights of weird sounds and yelling in their shared house. She cringed from the thought, quickly stuffing with a steaming ddeokbokki.

 

Yep. That’s what Yoona meant with the unnies “corrupting her conservative life”, if you were asking.


 

 



 

(=.=)(=.=)(=.=)(=.=)(=.=)(=.=)(=.=)(=.=)(=.=)(=.=)





 

Yuri woke up quite early that day, already on her way to college. The sky was clear with the sun slowly rising from the horizon. It was a beautiful day, and being the optimistic Yuri, she prayed her life today would be as great as the weather is.

 

She was enjoying the ride when a familiar yellow car zoomed past her on the road. She eyed the car with a scorn, already hating the bright colour. Suddenly feeling challenged, Yuri increased the speed of her pedalling to catch up. The car stopped at a traffic light while Yuri crossed the street with a pleased smirk, leaving the car behind.

 

Yoona, on the other hand, had already saw the tanned girl earlier. She smiled at the child-like attitude of her sunbae, silently eyeing her through the side mirror. She chuckled as the girl rushed past her at the intersection, catching sight of her sunbae’s satisfied look.

 

“What are you laughing about, Yoona?”

 

“About a childish black bean.”

 

Tiffany gave her a weird look before shrugging. She turned to the back, the blonde still sleeping with a weird posture. It looked like as if her neck would break soon if she didn’t move from her current position.

 

“Hey, Jessi… get up.”

 

“Mmmh.”

 

“Jessi… come on, get up or you’re gonna get a sore neck.”

 

“Mmm… kiss me.”

 

“Mwo?”

 

“You. Kiss me. N.O.W.”

 

Tiffany didn’t know if Jessica was sleep talking or she meant it for real. She’s still feeling a bit after Jessica this morning; the latter caught Tiffany staring at her so she drank her milk slowly, gulping ever so ily while her lips in a flirtatious manner.

 

Tiffany gulped at the memory.

 

“That’s it. You’re mine, Jessi.”

 

She jumped to the backseat, pouncing on the sleeping, helpless Jessica doing whatever rated things she desired. Yoona gaped at the kissing and sound coming from her backseat.

 

“Stop it or you’re gonna stain my car, unnies! YAH!”

 

Yoona warned them but the couple was already too engrossed with each other’s tongue. The driver sighed deeply, “Aiishh… these Americans.”

 

The light flicked green, Yoona kicking in the gas immediately. She turned the radio and increased the volume to drown the disturbing noises on her back. When Tiffany is , there’s no way of stopping her. Even when Jessica is dead sleeping, she would still have her ways with the blonde… and Yoona was deeply horrified when she caught them once in their bedroom.

 

She slammed her head repeatedly with her knuckles, attempting to ignore the unsettling feeling rushing through her body. She stopped once her head started spinning. That’s when she spotted her sunbae again, cycling with the speed Yoona believe would be qualified for the Olympic game. A light bulb flashed on top of her head.

 

“I hope you’re a good distraction, sunbae.”

 

Yuri puffed out her chest proudly as she left Yoona’s car in trails of dust. She maintained the speed, appreciating the feeling of wind blowing her hair. A honk sounded behind her, disturbing the wonderful peace she’s enjoying. Glancing to her back, Yuri can see the yellow car fast on her trail as the headlights flashed twice.

 

“Is she for real?”

 

Smirking, Yuri accepted the challenge without a second thought. She rushed past crowds of people, swerving right and left while maintaining her fast speed. Yoona just smiled by herself, the perseverance of her sunbae really piqued her interest. It wasn’t a waste that Yoona met her. She can really be a great entertainment for Yoona in the future.

 

Yoona easily caught up with her as they reached the entrance of their college. Yoona slowed her car, the tanned girl settling on a reserved spot near the entrance. It was such a good parking spot that Yoona regretted she didn’t arrived first. She wind down her window, expecting to see her sunbae heaving and drenched with sweat. But instead, she saw a calm black bean staring back at her. Not even a drop of on her clothed body.  

 

“Is it even legal… for a cyclist not to wear a helmet?”

 

“Never got caught.” Yuri shrugged indifferently while locking her bicycle on the rails.

 

“Is that a polite way of saying you’re fast?”

 

“I can’t disagree more with that way of thinking.”

 

A cackle almost burst from the doe-eyed girl, not expecting that answer coming from her sunbae. Indeed, this one had definitely caught her interest.

 

“I hope that was a good exercise on your part.”

 

“It was not needed, honestly. But thank you for your concern.”

 

“Oh, I’m not. I just enjoyed the view of making people do foolish things to entertain my boring days.”

 

Oh god… how can I, for a minute, forgot that this angel was actually a devil?

 

Yuri wanted to swing her bag as hard as she can on this pretty girl’s face, to see her walking around with a bruise on that perfect face. But Yuri is not gonna ruin her good mood today for this Yoona. She’s not worth it.

 

“Hold on, sunbae…” Yuri stopped on her tracks with a sigh, her shoulders slumped as she turned around. “Can you please move that bicycle somewhere else?”

 

Yuri crossed her arms, “Why should I?”

 

“I think this parking spot is for cars, sunbae. Not that old bicycle…”

 

“First come, first serve! There’s plenty of spots still available there.” Yuri shooed Yoona to a wide parking place still vacant for at least 10 cars. But Yoona being the hard-headed she is, refused to give in.

 

“But this one is nearer to the entrance. And the weather forecasts said it’s gonna rain after I finished my class.” Yoona pouted, “You don’t want to see me running to my car, all drenched and wet… right, sunbae~?”

 

The sight was too cute for Yuri, she didn’t think she can handle anymore of Yoona’s aegyo. Her heart started racing from that adorable face but she’s not backing down.

 

Not right now, Kwon Yuri. The pride is too high for you and your bicycle. DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE!

 

“FYI, this spot was mine since last year so as your sunbae, I suggest for you to drive away and buzz off from my sight.”

 

Yoona acted like she was deeply hurt by Yuri’s words, a deep frown adorning her face that Yuri thought, for a second, resembled a flounder. Yuri kept her cold front as Yoona looked away, her forehead scrunched deep in thought.

 

“Sunbae, may I know your name?”

 

“W-what...? Umm… what f-for?” Yuri stuttered, surprised with the sudden question. She was expecting for Yoona’s usual sarcastic comebacks, not a mere question of her name.

 

“So I can report you to the student council later.”

 

The grin was as innocent as a 5 years old’s smile that would make people go “aawww” at her, but Yuri can see through Yoona’s front. It was mocking her, taunting her to raise a white flag and admit defeat. But Yuri had another thought in her mind that would make this more interesting than it is…

 

“Why don’t you find it yourself? Maybe I might reconsider giving this parking spot to you.”

 

“For today?” Yoona asked, her eyes gleaming.

 

“Forever, if you want.” Yuri shrugged. “But! If you failed, you will promise me you will not disturb or made any contact with me at all and forget that incident ever happened.”

 

The cogs in her head started spinning for a backfire plan that would make Yuri regret with the deal.

 

“If I succeed, I will have that parking spot forever and I can do whatever I favor to do to sunbae till you graduated from here.”

 

Yuri squinted her eyes from the glee on Yoona’s face. If she back out now, she’ll look like a coward for raising the white flag from the starting line. She can’t change the deal or it will be one-sided on her part. But if she wins, oh the happiness of being freed from the devil’s chain...

 

“You only have time till the end of this week, then the deal is over.”

 

Yoona nodded while grinning happily, her head bobbing up and down like a small child. Yuri almost cooed at the adorable gesture but immediately brushed it off. She quickly turned around to hide the rush rising on her face, making her way to the entrance in hasty steps.

 

“Aww, sunbae… You’re not gonna say goodbye to me?”

 

Yoona said with an aegyo in her voice, hoping Yuri would be annoyed just like Tiffany was. However, her sunbae keep her steady steps into the building like she wasn’t even affected by it. In reality, Yuri really wished she had something on her hand that she can throw at Yoona’s face.

 

“By the way!” Yoona shouted, “You’re really as good as they say in cycling... bike-sunbae.”

 

Yoona deliberately emphasized on the new nickname, knowing her sunbae would be fuming with it. Yuri turned around in hopes she can punch the girl’s face but the car was already gone. Yuri stomped her feet grudgingly on the innocent ground, whining to herself while others looked at her weirdly.

 

“Mworago?! Bike-sunbae...? Jinjjaa?! Aiiiishh!”

 

The car filled with Yoona’s hearty laughter, the silly tantrum didn’t go unnoticed. She was having so much fun messing with the sunbae and she can’t wait to put her plans on track. All for the love of winning that deal.

 

Picking up all her belongings after turning off the ignition, Yoona stepped out.

 

“Wait… did I forgot something?”

 

She backtracked, the uneasy quietness and unfamiliar calmness bugging her to no end. Only after a quick scan of the passenger seat that she realized her unnies on the back seat. They were sprawled on top of each other, snoozing in their own shared dreams.

 

“YAH, UNNIES! WAKE UP!”

 

“Huh? Wha… Yoona? Why aren’t you in class right now?” The red head mumbled, still half asleep.

 

“We’re already at college, Ppany-unnie! Aishh… Hurry up or we’ll be late!”

 

“Omo! Why didn’t you say so? Yah, Jessi wake up!”

 

“5 more minutes…”

 

Yoona wanted to leave her unnies but she would feel bad for leaving them all disheveled and fuzzy. She twisted her body around to ask if they need her help or anything. But she regret it immediately for being too concern at the sight of her unnies topless without any clothes covering them.

 

“AAHHH! Unnies! Not my eyes... not my innocent, pure eyes! I’m still a , unnie!”

 

 

 


 

A/N: Should this be rated? Should I write it rated? Do you want to read it rated? /(OoO)\ No... Yoona is still too innocent for anything rated, perhaps in later chapters XD  A boring chapter to get deeper into the main characters' life and appearance of the first pairing, yaaay!  Hope you enjoy it. Also, thank you for giving this a read! Really appreciated the subscribing and comments X3 Till the next chapter then~